PDA

View Full Version : Delistings and Retirements 2022

bornadog
02-08-2022, 11:32 AM
Summary to date (28 September 2022)

Adelaide Crows
Luke Brown (ret)

Brisbane Lions
Mitchell Cox (del), Mitch Robinson (ret), Ely Smith (del), Deividas Uosis (del)

Carlton
Will Hayes (del), Oscar McDonald (del), Jack Newnes (del), Luke Parks (del), Liam Stocker (del), Tom Williamson (del)

Collingwood
Callum Brown (del), Tyler Brown (del), Isaac Chugg (del), Liam McMahon (del), Jordan Roughead (ret)

Essendon
Tom Cutler (del), Tom Hird (del), Michael Hurley (ret), Garrett McDonagh (del), Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti (ret), Devon Smith (ret)

Fremantle
Connor Blakely (del), David Mundy (ret), Joel Western (del)

Geelong Cats
Francis Evans (del), Shaun Higgins (ret), Quinton Narkle (del), Joel Selwood (ret), Nick Stevens (del), Paul Tsapatolis (del), Zane Williams (del)

Gold Coast Suns
Matt Conroy (del), Jez McLennan (del), Patrick Murtagh (del), Rhys Nicholls (del)

GWS Giants
Jarrod Brander (del), Matt de Boer (ret), Zach Sproule (del), Jake Stein (del)

Hawthorn
Jackson Callow (del), Connor Downie (del), Kyle Hartigan (del), Daniel Howe (del), Ben McEvoy (ret), Tom Phillips (del), Liam Shiels (ret)

Melbourne
Mitch Brown (ret), Majak Daw (ret), Fraser Rosman (del)

North Melbourne
Kyron Hayden (del), Tom Lynch (ret), Matt McGuinness (del), Patrick Walker (del)

Port Adelaide
Robbie Gray (ret), Sam Mayes (del), Steven Motlop (ret), Taj Schofield (del), Sam Skinner (del)

Richmond
Josh Caddy (ret), Shane Edwards (ret), Kane Lambert (ret), Matthew Parker (del)

St Kilda
Jarryn Geary (ret), Dan Hannebery (ret), Darragh Joyce (del), Dean Kent (ret), Paddy Ryder (ret)

Sydney Swans
Josh Kennedy (ret), Colin O’Riordan (ret), Callum Sinclair (ret)

West Coast Eagles
Hugh Dixon (del), Tom Joyce (del), Josh Kennedy (ret), Jackson Nelson (del)

Western Bulldogs

Nil

Bulldog Joe
02-08-2022, 12:35 PM
Feel free to add

Retirements

David Munday
John Kennedy
Steven Motlop

Who does David Munday play for ... oh you mean David Mundy.....(sorry BAD, but you do pick up a few who spell players names incorrectly)

bornadog
02-08-2022, 12:38 PM
Who does David Munday play for ... oh you mean David Mundy.....(sorry BAD, but you do pick up a few who spell players names incorrectly)

Thanks, got to get it right

1eyedog

Non-Bulldog players don't count they are dead to BAD.

Axe Man

I'm also pretty sure John Kennedy retired years ago, both of them in fact!

bornadog
02-08-2022, 12:44 PM
Non-Bulldog players don't count they are dead to BAD.

You know me well :D

Bulldog Revolution
02-08-2022, 02:30 PM
You know me well :D

For me it’s players who were bulldogs but end up elsewhere - they cease to exist to me

Welcome back from the afterlife Liam Jones ;)

EasternWest
02-08-2022, 08:45 PM

Can't believe you let John Kennedy slide, BJ.

josie
03-08-2022, 01:22 AM
Only have a few fave opposition players. Josh Kennedy one of them. Great player and fun to watch.

Is Sydney’s Kennedy playing on next year? Another one of my oppo faves.

EasternWest
03-08-2022, 01:59 AM
Only have a few fave opposition players. Josh Kennedy one of them. Great player and fun to watch.

Pretty sure he's got a portrait of a withered Josh Kennedy in his attic so he's guaranteed to play next year.

josie
03-08-2022, 02:15 AM
Pretty sure he's got a portrait of a withered Josh Kennedy in his attic so he's guaranteed to play next year.

Love it. Trust woofers to reference Dorian Grey.

azabob
03-08-2022, 09:29 AM

Josh Kennedy of the Sydney variety might struggle to go around next year.

He is no longer in the Swans best 22 and sometimes plays as the sub.

I'm with you josie, I hope he goes around again in 2023.

The Underdog
03-08-2022, 11:12 AM

Always admired him. Worked his butt off and was a player I would have loved to have on our team. Also will forced enjoy that he became a premiership player with the Eagles while Judd never did with the Blues.

Happy Days
03-08-2022, 11:17 AM
Yeah pretty happy to see the back of Kennedy. Think at least 400 of his 700 goals came against us in. 4:40 Sunday games at Subiaco.

bornadog
03-08-2022, 11:18 AM
Yeah pretty happy to see the back of Kennedy. Think at least 400 of his 700 goals came against us in. 4:40 Sunday games at Subiaco.

All in the first quarters

EasternWest
03-08-2022, 12:14 PM

Lukas Markovic just felt a little knot in his back ease for the first time in years.

The Bulldogs Bite
03-08-2022, 08:57 PM

Ain't that the truth!

Hell of a player.

bornadog
03-08-2022, 10:43 PM

I looked up his record by Opponent, and you aren't far off. He has kicked more goals against us than any other team ie 61. Next is Freo with 55.

Dry Rot
03-08-2022, 11:32 PM
IMO Kennedy is in the top 5 key forwards of this century. Possibly the best.

boydogs
04-08-2022, 10:06 PM
Bring him out of retirement with a Barry Hall deal? Surely he’s less cooked than Martin

bornadog
09-08-2022, 03:18 PM
Sydney Swans champion Josh Kennedy will call time on his decorated career, retiring at the end of the 2022 season.

azabob
09-08-2022, 03:49 PM
Sydney Swans champion Josh Kennedy will call time on his decorated career, retiring at the end of the 2022 season.

What a champion of our game.

I still have periodic nightmares of his first half in the 2016 grand final.

Mofra
09-08-2022, 03:57 PM

Yep - easily BOG at half time

EasternWest
09-08-2022, 04:18 PM

Yep - easily BOG at half time

Wonder what happened to him after halftime?

DOG GOD
09-08-2022, 04:23 PM
I looked up his record by Opponent, and you aren't far off. He has kicked more goals against us than any other team ie 61. Next is Freo with 55.

And he would’ve played Freo twice a year due to the derby’s.
Always a player I wanted in our team.
I reckon would make a great fwd coach. His leading was sublime.

azabob
09-08-2022, 04:39 PM
Wonder what happened to him after halftime?

Not sure, lets ask Liberatore and Bontempelli

Axe Man
09-08-2022, 05:58 PM
And he would’ve played Freo twice a year due to the derby’s.
Always a player I wanted in our team.
I reckon would make a great fwd coach. His leading was sublime.

Surprisingly only played one more game against Freo than he did against us (21 v 20). Played 26 times v the Pies.

In terms of average goals we aren't the worst - he fared better against Gold Coast and GWS, but we are in 3rd position. I'm guessing he dined out in the early days against those sides.

His record against West Coast is rubbish though - 0 goals in 2 games!

azabob
10-08-2022, 03:53 PM
Ben McEvoy is retiring at seasons end.

His last game will be against us in round 23.

Happy Days
10-08-2022, 04:15 PM

Piss off. We should offer him a dummy contract to get the voodoo off of us.

azabob
10-08-2022, 04:26 PM
Piss off. We should offer him a dummy contract to get the voodoo off of us.

and the vice captaincy? two birds, one stone and all that.

jeemak
10-08-2022, 09:15 PM

Nick Riewoldt fairly and squarely put shit on Baines when talking about the decision to move McEvoy on from the Saints:

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/teams/hawthorn-hawks/afl-news-2022-st-kilda-legend-nick-riewoldt-on-ben-mcevoy-trade-hawthorn-hawks-250th-game-against-gold-coast-suns/news-story/075e44cbf751831b9b61bb67fbcb7199

“He didn’t leave, the club traded him. At the time it felt like the people in charge making those decisions were saying, ‘look how clever we are. Let’s trade this bloke and this bloke and we’ll get in some picks, we’ll show how clever we are with recruiting’,” Riewoldt said.

“You've got to get your picks right, and they didn’t ... it was mind boggling, and still is.

“He’s been a superstar and it he was still at St Kilda — a bit of a void of leadership is the criticism at times — he would’ve been perfect.

“But good luck to him, he’s gone on to great things.”

Grantysghost
10-08-2022, 09:34 PM
He also sets little people on fire for a laugh.

mjp
10-08-2022, 10:30 PM
Nick Riewoldt fairly and squarely put shit on Baines when talking about the decision to move McEvoy on from the Saints:

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/teams/hawthorn-hawks/afl-news-2022-st-kilda-legend-nick-riewoldt-on-ben-mcevoy-trade-hawthorn-hawks-250th-game-against-gold-coast-suns/news-story/075e44cbf751831b9b61bb67fbcb7199

“He didn’t leave, the club traded him. At the time it felt like the people in charge making those decisions were saying, ‘look how clever we are. Let’s trade this bloke and this bloke and we’ll get in some picks, we’ll show how clever we are with recruiting’,” Riewoldt said.

“You've got to get your picks right, and they didn’t ... it was mind boggling, and still is.

“He’s been a superstar and it he was still at St Kilda — a bit of a void of leadership is the criticism at times — he would’ve been perfect.

“But good luck to him, he’s gone on to great things.”

I think Baines has learnt a lot from his time at St Kilda. I would suggest that being 'clever' would be a generous way to describe recruiting whilst he was in charge.

azabob
11-08-2022, 09:34 AM
I think Baines has learnt a lot from his time at St Kilda. I would suggest that being 'clever' would be a generous way to describe recruiting whilst he was in charge.

Kind of like how we traded Lake out. We certainly blinked that day.

Back onto St.Kilda they seem to have not really improved since Baines departure.

Mofra
11-08-2022, 10:05 AM
Kind of like how we traded Lake out. We certainly blinked that day.

Back onto St.Kilda they seem to have not really improved since Baines departure.
Clark and Coffield over Naughton was after he left wasn't it?
I still think they're going nowhere until they can draft & develop their own stars. Marshall and King and.... is that it? Steele was a GWS boy

azabob
11-08-2022, 10:16 AM
Clark and Coffield over Naughton was after he left wasn't it?
I still think they're going nowhere until they can draft & develop their own stars. Marshall and King and.... is that it? Steele was a GWS boy

Agree with this 100%.

They have a lot of players from other clubs.

GVGjr
11-08-2022, 12:19 PM
Matt de Boer has announced his retirement

The 32-year-old former Fremantle rookie draft selection has called time after 223 games which included 138 for the Dockers and 85 for the Giants.

“The GIANTS organisation and its people are truly a special place and have had a profound impact on not only me but my wife, family and friends,” de Boer said in a statement.

“My heart is unequivocally full of gratitude and love for the friendships, memories and opportunities that playing in the AFL has availed me.

“I’d particularly like to thank Leon Cameron for believing in me and challenging me always to be the best version of myself.

“I’d also like to thank the Fremantle Dockers for first recruiting me and, in particular, Mark Harvey and Ross Lyon for teaching me the abnormal effort and football IQ required to perform at the highest level.”

Bulldog Revolution
11-08-2022, 12:25 PM
Class act De Boer - in terms of that statement - gave it everything he had, and what a sensational career it led to

EasternWest
11-08-2022, 02:57 PM
Matt de Boer has announced his retirement

The 32-year-old former Fremantle rookie draft selection has called time after 223 games which included 138 for the Dockers and 85 for the Giants.

“The GIANTS organisation and its people are truly a special place and have had a profound impact on not only me but my wife, family and friends,” de Boer said in a statement.

“My heart is unequivocally full of gratitude and love for the friendships, memories and opportunities that playing in the AFL has availed me.

“I’d particularly like to thank Leon Cameron for believing in me and challenging me always to be the best version of myself.

“I’d also like to thank the Fremantle Dockers for first recruiting me and, in particular, Mark Harvey and Ross Lyon for teaching me the abnormal effort and football IQ required to perform at the highest level.”

My kinda guy. Not overly talented, just worked harder than most. Good career.

GVGjr
12-08-2022, 03:19 PM
Devon Smith announces his retirement after 182 games. Really struggled with injuries in recent times.

The Bulldogs Bite
12-08-2022, 03:27 PM
Devon Smith announces his retirement after 182 games. Really struggled with injuries in recent times.

Yep, likely to return to Lara which is a boost for them.

Sedat
12-08-2022, 05:21 PM
Good riddance. This faux tough prick won't be missed by anyone. Thanks for missing that selfish go for glory shot in the last 5 mins of the 2016 PF, you asshole.

bornadog
12-08-2022, 05:23 PM
Good riddance. This faux tough prick won't be missed by anyone. Thanks for missing that selfish go for glory shot in the last 5 mins of the 2016 PF, you asshole.

Another failed trade by Dodo

Grantysghost
12-08-2022, 05:58 PM

Gone not soon enough.

EasternWest
12-08-2022, 06:03 PM

I heard he was a big fan of Kardinia Park too.

Grantysghost
12-08-2022, 06:03 PM
I heard he was a big fan of Kardinia Park too.

And stepping into politics post career.

EasternWest
12-08-2022, 06:13 PM
And stepping into politics post career.

Apparently he had some strong opinions about what other people should do re Covid as well :) :). :).

Ok enough sidetracking but for serious, *!*!*!*! Devon Smith.

The Bulldogs Bite
12-08-2022, 06:46 PM
Haha he's actually a pretty decent lad.

Different to his on field persona

bornadog
16-08-2022, 12:03 PM
Robbie Gray hanging up the boots.

josie
16-08-2022, 01:56 PM

A number of my faves from other clubs retiring; 2 Kennedy’s and now Robbie Gray

bornadog
16-08-2022, 02:17 PM
A number of my faves from other clubs retiring; 2 Kennedy’s and now Robbie Gray

Robbie has been a very good footballer and over the years has played some incredible games.

bornadog
16-08-2022, 03:05 PM
Shane Edwards retiring

josie
16-08-2022, 07:24 PM
Robbie has been a very good footballer and over the years has played some incredible games.

Agree. And not dirty - a class act from games I’ve seen (albeit not a lot).

Mofra
16-08-2022, 07:41 PM
Shane Edwards retiring
It's hard to be underrated as a 300 gamer, but Edwards seems like he's managed it

GVGjr
16-08-2022, 08:02 PM
It's hard to be underrated as a 300 gamer, but Edwards seems like he's managed it

So true, Tigers supports rate him so do many opposition supporters but he's flown under the radar for the vast majority of his career.

Mitcha
16-08-2022, 08:41 PM
Shane Edwards retiring
Gun and very much under rated. Our club could do much worse than find an off field role for him working with our indigenous players. Hopefully someone of his standing would assist us in enticing more indigenous talent to our club instead of avoiding us as been the case in the past.

jeemak
16-08-2022, 08:55 PM
Dunno if he's underrated, he was All Australian in 2018.

EasternWest
16-08-2022, 09:20 PM

Shane Edwards retiring

Jesus now I'll have to go back to hating those teams.

bornadog
18-08-2022, 11:23 AM
Michael Hurley retiring

EasternWest
18-08-2022, 11:34 AM
Michael Hurley retiring

In other news, Michael Hurley is still playing.

jazzadogs
18-08-2022, 11:48 AM

....well, still on a list. His last game was round 18 2020.

GVGjr
18-08-2022, 12:04 PM

Had a very good career and probably deserves a farewell game.

bornadog
18-08-2022, 12:07 PM
Had a very good career and probably deserves a farewell game.

At his peak, he was very good.

Swamp@sirswampthing

Michael Hurley retires V/@AFL players to have achieved double of..

30+ disp in 3 consecutive games
5+ goals in 2 consecutive games
Bob Skilton
Leigh Matthews
Kevin Bartlett
Gerard Healy
Brian Wilson
Darren Jarman
Mark Ricciuto
Steve Johnson
Toby Greene
MICHAEL HURLEY

bornadog
18-08-2022, 12:40 PM
Dan Hannebery has called time

Bulldog Joe
18-08-2022, 12:49 PM
Dan Hannebery has called time

I think time was called on Dan Hannebery in 2016. He just did not listen but collected a very long severance pay from 2 clubs.

Happy Days
18-08-2022, 12:52 PM
Still can’t believe St Kilda gave him that 5 year deal on good money, and had to trade for the privilege to do so.

The Underdog
18-08-2022, 01:04 PM
You could make up the base of a pretty great team from this years retirees. Some absolute top notch players at their peaks.

The Underdog
18-08-2022, 01:05 PM
Still can’t believe St Kilda gave him that 5 year deal on good money, and had to trade for the privilege to do so.

Guy who had started to have chronic injuries continues to have chronic injuries wasn’t an overly difficult scenario to predict.

The Bulldogs Bite
18-08-2022, 02:55 PM
Fair to say Woody basically ended Hanneberry.

jeemak
18-08-2022, 02:58 PM
Does that mean we can finally use the Hurley money on someone else?

Happy Days
18-08-2022, 03:05 PM
Does that mean we can finally use the Hurley money on someone else?

What about finally using all that Crameri equity?

bornadog
18-08-2022, 05:14 PM

Playing on the weekend in fact

GVGjr
20-08-2022, 02:57 PM
I think Paddy Ryder has just confirmed his retirement.

Mofra
20-08-2022, 03:24 PM
I think Paddy Ryder has just confirmed his retirement.
He's been amazing over the journey, his mobility for his size was outstanding. One of the genuine first rucks who can be dangerous forward too

GVGjr
20-08-2022, 03:27 PM
He's been amazing over the journey, his mobility for his size was outstanding. One of the genuine first rucks who can be dangerous forward too

I can recall seeing play as a CHB as well. An amazing player over his career.

I remember having a discussion with Twodogs a number of years back and we both thought if we could draft a player into the Bulldogs it would have been Ryder.

bornadog
20-08-2022, 04:18 PM
Gee he has really changed his looks

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FakzqtuUYAAg9Ld?format=jpg&name=large

macca
20-08-2022, 04:40 PM

I just wonder … what could have been if he played for us ? He was amazing 2 years ago

EasternWest
20-08-2022, 05:43 PM

That... OMG... I... Wut?

Sedat
20-08-2022, 06:43 PM
That... OMG... I... Wut?
First thing I thought of when I saw this was the Seinfeld episode where Costanza thought his work colleague at the NY Yankees, Mr Morgan, looked like Sugar Ray Leonard. Cue Mr Morgan's response..." I guess we all look alike to you, don't we Costanza"

Grantysghost
20-08-2022, 07:31 PM
First thing I thought of when I saw this was the Seinfeld episode where Costanza thought his work colleague at the NY Yankees, Mr Morgan, looked like Sugar Ray Leonard. Cue Mr Morgan's response..." I guess we all look alike to you, don't we Costanza"

And he takes out the exterminator to a restaurant he knows Mr Morgan will be at haha to prove he's not racist and has black friends.
After Mr Morgan leaves the restaurant host says dont worry about paying Sugar Ray can eat here on the house.

The golden Seinfeld years where George was actually Larry David. Last two seasons he was Jerry's version of George.

Dry Rot
20-08-2022, 09:33 PM
The golden Seinfeld years where George was actually Larry David.

Are you a Curb fan?

Grantysghost
20-08-2022, 09:35 PM
Are you a Curb fan?

Yes, love it.

jeemak
20-08-2022, 10:10 PM
And he takes out the exterminator to a restaurant he knows Mr Morgan will be at haha to prove he's not racist and has black friends.
After Mr Morgan leaves the restaurant host says dont worry about paying Sugar Ray can eat here on the house.

The golden Seinfeld years where George was actually Larry David. Last two seasons he was Jerry's version of George.

Things got really dire over the last couple of seasons.

jeemak
20-08-2022, 10:12 PM

It's classic Ch9 trying to be respectful without really trying to be respectful and being totally found out in the process.

Don't they search this faux virtuous shit before they post it?

Grantysghost
20-08-2022, 10:21 PM
Things got really dire over the last couple of seasons.

There was still some gold like the comeback (jerk store) and the strike (festivus) but some stinkers like the reverse episode think it was the trip.

Without Larry the beautiful balance between his insanity and Jerry's observational brilliance was broken.

Re Curb the episode where he gets a shit bow from a Japanese restaurateur makes me laugh so hard.

He gave you a.... Shit bow. Very disrespectful bow.

Edit :

https://youtu.be/85e4THVEb_o

Sorry to derail!

azabob
22-08-2022, 08:56 PM
Mofra Sam Skinner has been delisted.

Port have also delisted Sam Mayes and Taj Schofield.

bornadog
24-08-2022, 04:39 PM

From Sam on twitter

6 x Seasons
5 x Games
3 x ACL Reconstructions
3 x Drafted
3 x Delisted
2 x Clubs

It’s definitely not the well decorated career I was hoping for coming out of junior footy, but I’m proud to say I gave it a genuine crack

Bulldog4life
26-08-2022, 04:59 PM
Carlton have announced they will not be offering Jack Newnes, Luke Parks and Oscar McDonald new contracts.

GVGjr
26-08-2022, 05:46 PM
Carlton have announced they will not be offering Jack Newnes, Luke Parks and Oscar McDonald new contracts.

Newnes was their fall guy this season, he would come in and play OK but quickly get dropped.
He did well to get to 200 games.

bornadog
26-08-2022, 05:58 PM
Newnes was their fall guy this season, he would come in and play OK but quickly get dropped.

Oscar was a waste of a list spot

EasternWest
26-08-2022, 06:12 PM
Oscar was a waste of a list spot

Not enough red meat and manliness obviously.

Happy Days
26-08-2022, 06:14 PM

Up yours woke moralists - we'll see who delists who

Grantysghost
26-08-2022, 07:05 PM

If you're not eating a farm each week you're not an "old mcdonald".

https://media.giphy.com/media/26zz655tW3HLoDb8Y/giphy.gif

josie
26-08-2022, 07:10 PM
Serious Q woofers:
Is Oscar McDonald a better or worse defender and backup ruck than:
Keath this year
Cordy any year
Gardener in his first year
O’Brien this year
Bruce in defence in last game vs hawks

And what are knocks on him? Soft, slow, does not tackle, no footy IQ, cannot mark …..

Mofra
26-08-2022, 07:47 PM

Port have also delisted Sam Mayes and Taj Schofield.
Sam Mayes might get a gig somewhere else under the 'Gorringe' rule
Skinner's injuries killed him. Poor kid

Mofra
26-08-2022, 07:49 PM
Serious Q woofers:
Keath this year
Cordy any year
O’Brien this year

And what are knocks on him? Soft, slow, does not tackle, no footy IQ, cannot mark …..
A less skilled Zaine Cordy with less mongrel.
A very very good state league KPD.

Not sure we need another entry in the Bulldogs dud-brother book of records

josie
26-08-2022, 08:16 PM
A less skilled Zaine Cordy with less mongrel.
A very very good state league KPD.

Not sure we need another entry in the Bulldogs dud-brother book of records

OK - that’s a pretty resounding nope!!

Mofra
29-08-2022, 01:05 PM
Good runner, disposal very hit or miss

Axe Man
29-08-2022, 01:18 PM
Serious Q woofers:
Keath this year
Cordy any year
O’Brien this year

That Carlton are looking to strengthen their KPD stocks (linked to McAsey who has shown nothing in his career so far) should tell you all you need to know about McDonald.

azabob
02-09-2022, 02:31 PM
A few list changes out of the hawks.

Among them Liam Shiels has retired and Tom Phillips has been delisted. Phillips went from Collingwoods best team; to salary cap dump to delisted in a matter of a few of years.

bornadog
02-09-2022, 03:25 PM
NORTH Melbourne has delisted Western Australian defender Kyron Hayden as well as Tasmanian duo Matt McGuinness and Patrick Walker ahead of next season.

jazzadogs
02-09-2022, 06:56 PM
A few list changes out of the hawks.

Among them Liam Shiels has retired and Tom Phillips has been delisted. Phillips went from Collingwoods best team; to salary cap dump to delisted in a matter of a few of years.

Is Phillips absolutely done? Was a very effective winger for Collingwood in his last two years there from memory - what caused the drop? Coaching? Injuries? Wonder if he'll get another club.

GVGjr
02-09-2022, 07:00 PM
Is Phillips absolutely done? Was a very effective winger for Collingwood in his last two years there from memory - what caused the drop? Coaching? Injuries? Wonder if he'll get another club.

I seem to recall some decent games from Howe but he is out of favor as well. Not sure what happened with Phillips and as you say he was performing strongly for the Pies when he left.

jazzadogs
02-09-2022, 07:11 PM
I seem to recall some decent games from Howe but he is out of favor as well. Not sure what happened with Phillips and as you say he was performing strongly for the Pies when he left.

Howe is fine but 27 and a depth player, and has been on their list for a long time. Could definitely see him getting picked up by a club needing more depth - good gold coast/GWS/north candidate.

DOG GOD
02-09-2022, 07:17 PM
Howe got best on ground the last time they thumped us at Launceston…the same game TOB took 14 or so marks as an interceptor lol
So having said that, we are probably looking at Howe ;)

The Doctor
05-09-2022, 06:38 PM
Carlton have delisted

Liam Stocker
Will Hayes

kruder
05-09-2022, 06:46 PM
Carlton have delisted

Liam Stocker
Will Hayes

That's painful, they gave up bait to get him.

The Bulldogs Bite
05-09-2022, 07:18 PM
Carlton have delisted

Liam Stocker
Will Hayes

I haven't watched them closely but Stocker surprises me. Slow developer but seemed to show some good signs in recent times?

I'd be keen to take a look, but again, I haven't seen a heap of him. He seemed to have some run/dash and aggression though.

Grantysghost
05-09-2022, 07:25 PM
I haven't watched them closely but Stocker surprises me. Slow developer but seemed to show some good signs in recent times?

I'd be keen to take a look, but again, I haven't seen a heap of him. He seemed to have some run/dash and aggression though.

He's the guy they did live picks for isn't he.

Crikey that's a fair stuff up.

The Bulldogs Bite
05-09-2022, 07:26 PM

Yep, I think I read he actually struggled with that pressure too.

bornadog
05-09-2022, 07:26 PM

Pick 5

The Bulldogs Bite
05-09-2022, 07:38 PM
Quick look on Carlton's forum and they seem genuinely surprised and disappointed about it, although there's talk his tank is bad.

GVGjr
05-09-2022, 08:06 PM
Quick look on Carlton's forum and they seem genuinely surprised and disappointed about it, although there's talk his tank is bad.

A couple of Carlton colleagues think he should not have been delisted and is capable of playing senior football.

Grantysghost
05-09-2022, 08:41 PM
Pick 5

Deal was Carlton in 2018 swapped their future first for the Crows pick 19 and the Crows future first.

They took Stocker with 19.

Future firsts after 19 season were Carlton's pick 3 (to crows) Adelaide's pick 8 to Carlton.

Adelaide then traded that pick 3 in 2019 (pushed to 4 Lachlan Ash) to GWS for pick 6 (Fisher McAsey) and GWS future first (2020) pick 11 (Luke Pedlar).

Carlton with the pick 8 in 2019 (now 11) packaged it up with 62 to the Gold Coast in a pick swap.

Carl 11 and 62 to GC for 17 and 22.

17 they used on Brodie Kemp.

22 they packaged with 55 to PA for pick 20 (Sam Philp)

Somebody let me know who came out in front

jazzadogs
05-09-2022, 08:45 PM
Stocker has done some interviews with Beyond Blue about his mental health struggles. I think a club who backs in their well-being programs would take the risk on him.

Grantysghost
05-09-2022, 08:48 PM
Stocker has done some interviews with Beyond Blue about his mental health struggles. I think a club who backs in their well-being programs would take the risk on him.

So he will be at Moggs Creek next season?

Axe Man
27-09-2022, 07:26 PM
Quinton Narkle not offered a new deal by Geelong, surely somebody picks him up as a DFA?

bornadog
28-09-2022, 04:46 PM
Summary to date (28 September 2022)

Adelaide Crows
Luke Brown (ret)

Brisbane Lions
Mitchell Cox (del), Mitch Robinson (ret), Ely Smith (del), Deividas Uosis (del)

Carlton
Will Hayes (del), Oscar McDonald (del), Jack Newnes (del), Luke Parks (del), Liam Stocker (del), Tom Williamson (del)

Collingwood
Callum Brown (del), Tyler Brown (del), Isaac Chugg (del), Liam McMahon (del), Jordan Roughead (ret)

Essendon
Tom Cutler (del), Tom Hird (del), Michael Hurley (ret), Garrett McDonagh (del), Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti (ret), Devon Smith (ret)

Fremantle
Connor Blakely (del), David Mundy (ret), Joel Western (del)

Geelong Cats
Francis Evans (del), Shaun Higgins (ret), Quinton Narkle (del), Joel Selwood (ret), Nick Stevens (del), Paul Tsapatolis (del), Zane Williams (del)

Gold Coast Suns
Matt Conroy (del), Jez McLennan (del), Patrick Murtagh (del), Rhys Nicholls (del)

GWS Giants
Jarrod Brander (del), Matt de Boer (ret), Zach Sproule (del), Jake Stein (del)

Hawthorn
Jackson Callow (del), Connor Downie (del), Kyle Hartigan (del), Daniel Howe (del), Ben McEvoy (ret), Tom Phillips (del), Liam Shiels (ret)

Melbourne
Mitch Brown (ret), Majak Daw (ret), Fraser Rosman (del)

North Melbourne
Kyron Hayden (del), Tom Lynch (ret), Matt McGuinness (del), Patrick Walker (del)

Port Adelaide
Robbie Gray (ret), Sam Mayes (del), Steven Motlop (ret), Taj Schofield (del), Sam Skinner (del)

Richmond
Josh Caddy (ret), Shane Edwards (ret), Kane Lambert (ret), Matthew Parker (del)

St Kilda
Jarryn Geary (ret), Dan Hannebery (ret), Darragh Joyce (del), Dean Kent (ret), Paddy Ryder (ret)

Sydney Swans
Josh Kennedy (ret), Colin O’Riordan (ret), Callum Sinclair (ret)

West Coast Eagles
Hugh Dixon (del), Tom Joyce (del), Josh Kennedy (ret), Jackson Nelson (del)

Western Bulldogs

Nil

Collingwood Father/sons Brown brothers a surprise delisting

EasternWest
28-09-2022, 04:58 PM
Quinton Narkle not offered a new deal by Geelong, surely somebody picks him up as a DFA?

If for nothing else but his glorious mane.

Testekill
29-09-2022, 10:18 AM
Collingwood Father/sons Brown brothers a surprise delisting

The Brown brothers are both a bit shit so I'm not shocked.

bornadog
30-09-2022, 10:58 AM
Lewis Taylor delisted

Axe Man
30-09-2022, 11:03 AM
Lewis Taylor delisted

Not "NAB rising star winner, better player than Bont" Lewis Taylor?

bornadog
30-09-2022, 11:05 AM
Not "NAB rising star winner, better player than Bont" Lewis Taylor?

That is the one

Axe Man
13-10-2022, 05:26 PM
Richmond Football Club has informed players Jake Aarts, Sydney Stack, Riley Collier-Dawkins, and Will Martyn that they will not be offered contracts for the 2023 season.

bornadog
13-10-2022, 05:31 PM
Richmond Football Club has informed players Jake Aarts, Sydney Stack, Riley Collier-Dawkins, and Will Martyn that they will not be offered contracts for the 2023 season.

Sydney has dropped off a bit. Is he worth a look at for rookie list?

GVGjr
13-10-2022, 05:32 PM

I'm not 100% sure why but I think Riley Collier-Dawkins could be a candidate to make it back on a list somewhere.

Swoop
13-10-2022, 05:43 PM
I'm not 100% sure why but I think Riley Collier-Dawkins could be a candidate to make it back on a list somewhere.

Wasn't he the next Bontempelli?

They're not exactly the same but I can see some similarities with Hustwaite from this year's draft group.

GVGjr
13-10-2022, 05:47 PM
Wasn't he the next Bontempelli?

They're not exactly the same but I can see some similarities with Hustwaite from this year's draft group.

I thought he was a good junior and seem to recall a game where he played in the back line as a tall defender.
He might lack a bit with intensity.

DOG GOD
13-10-2022, 05:48 PM

I didn’t mind Aarts….would be an upgrade on McNeil ??

The Underdog
13-10-2022, 05:53 PM

No. Richmond supporters couldn’t get rid of him fast enough. Poor kick

Bulldog Joe
13-10-2022, 06:35 PM

Not sure I agree on that. Aarts is 7 years older and went backwards in 22.

McNeil still has some potential development.

Swoop
13-10-2022, 06:40 PM
I think because McNeil was taken from the SANFL he's seen as more of a mature aged recruit and has been grouped with some other less popular recent players aka McComb.

We need to remember that he was only one year out of 18s and does have limitations which is why he was originally overlooked. Having said that, he's done extremely well to have an immediate impact and his specific skill set is something that we need within our side. Hopefully there's more development left in his game because we are certainly looking for a forward with speed and tackling pressure.

GVGjr
13-10-2022, 06:49 PM
I think because McNeil was taken from the SANFL he's seen as more of a mature aged recruit and has been grouped with some other less popular recent players aka McComb.

We need to remember that he was only one year out of 18s and does have limitations which is why he was originally overlooked. Having said that, he's done extremely well to have an immediate impact and his specific skill set is something that we need within our side. Hopefully there's more development left in his game because we are certainly looking for a forward with speed and tackling pressure.

We will know by the end of next season if McNeil has what it takes. He's got some attributes that are of AFL standard but he needs to improving his kicking and get a bit more of the footy.

Grantysghost
13-10-2022, 07:23 PM
We will know by the end of next season if McNeil has what it takes. He's got some attributes that are of AFL standard but he needs to improving his kicking and get a bit more of the footy.

https://media.giphy.com/media/pQQRV5MHXPpqo/giphy.gif

bornadog
14-10-2022, 12:18 AM
https://media.giphy.com/media/pQQRV5MHXPpqo/giphy.gif

Is that you counting McNeil's pressure acts :D

bornadog
15-10-2022, 04:56 PM
UPDATED

Adelaide
Brisbane
Carlton
Collingwood

Luke Brown (ret) (https://www.afl.com.au/news/842906/adelaide-veteran-retires-after-189-afl-matches)
Ben Davis (del) (https://www.afl.com.au/news/857392)
Billy Frampton (trd) (https://www.afl.com.au/news/856714)
James Rowe (del) (https://www.afl.com.au/news/857392)
Brett Turner (del) (https://www.afl.com.au/news/857392)
Tom Berry (trd) (https://www.afl.com.au/news/854503)
Mitchell Cox (del) (https://www.afl.com.au/news/852031/first-round-draftee-among-three-lions-delistings)
Dan McStay (FA) (https://www.afl.com.au/news/854276)
Mitch Robinson (ret) (https://www.afl.com.au/news/846137/lions-fan-favourite-calls-time-on-247-game-career)
Ely Smith (del) (https://www.afl.com.au/news/852031/first-round-draftee-among-three-lions-delistings)
Deividas Uosis (del) (https://www.afl.com.au/news/852031/first-round-draftee-among-three-lions-delistings)
Will Hayes (del) (https://www.afl.com.au/news/837122)
Liam Jones (FA) (https://www.afl.com.au/news/854245)
Oscar McDonald (del) (https://www.afl.com.au/news/830139/blues-cut-200-game-ex-saint-and-former-demon-among-trio)
Jack Newnes (del) (https://www.afl.com.au/news/830139/blues-cut-200-game-ex-saint-and-former-demon-among-trio)
Luke Parks (del) (https://www.afl.com.au/news/830139/blues-cut-200-game-ex-saint-and-former-demon-among-trio)
Will Setterfield (trd) (https://www.afl.com.au/news/856552/bombers-bring-in-blue-to-boost-midfield-depth)
Liam Stocker (del) (https://www.afl.com.au/news/837122)
Tom Williamson (del) (https://www.afl.com.au/news/791294/blues-defender-to-step-away-from-football)
Callum Brown (del) (https://www.afl.com.au/news/847300/pies-cut-sons-of-gun-among-four-delistings)
Tyler Brown (del) (https://www.afl.com.au/news/847300/pies-cut-sons-of-gun-among-four-delistings)
Isaac Chugg (del) (https://www.afl.com.au/news/847300/pies-cut-sons-of-gun-among-four-delistings)
Brodie Grundy (trd) (https://www.afl.com.au/news/854558)
Ollie Henry (trd) (https://www.afl.com.au/news/854559/three-way-deal-lands-henry-mitchell-and-stephens-at-new-clubs)
Liam McMahon (del) (https://www.afl.com.au/news/847300/pies-cut-sons-of-gun-among-four-delistings)
Jordan Roughead (ret) (https://www.afl.com.au/news/768186/pies-shock-veteran-defender-hangs-up-the-boots)

Essendon
Fremantle
Geelong
Gold Coast

Tom Cutler (del) (https://www.afl.com.au/news/829226)
Aaron Francis (trd) (https://www.afl.com.au/news/854554/on-the-move-out-of-favour-bomber-finds-new-home-in-sydney)
Tom Hird (del) (https://www.afl.com.au/news/829226)
Michael Hurley (ret) (https://www.afl.com.au/news/824577/)
Garrett McDonagh (del) (https://www.afl.com.au/news/829226)
Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti (ret) (https://www.afl.com.au/news/763495/shock-retirement-star-bomber-calls-it-a-day)
Devon Smith (ret) (https://www.afl.com.au/news/818307/bombers-midfielder-announces-retirement-at-the-age-of-29)
Blake Acres (trd) (https://www.afl.com.au/news/854335/new-blue-dockers-wingman-lands-at-third-club-with-carlton-switch)
Connor Blakely (del) (https://www.afl.com.au/news/847444)
Mitch Crowden (del) (https://www.afl.com.au/news/857139/fremantle-delists-re-rookied-forward-after-42-games)
Rory Lobb (trd) (https://www.afl.com.au/news/854561/docker-departs-lobb-s-wish-granted-with-move-to-bulldogs)
Griffin Logue (trd) (https://www.afl.com.au/news/854368/dockers-duo-to-join-kangaroos-as-deal-reached)
Lloyd Meek (trd) (https://www.afl.com.au/news/856718)
David Mundy (ret) (https://www.afl.com.au/news/811798/dockers-great-to-hang-up-the-boots-after-19-seasons)
Darcy Tucker (trd) (https://www.afl.com.au/news/854368/dockers-duo-to-join-kangaroos-as-deal-reached)
Joel Western (del) (https://www.afl.com.au/news/847444)
Luke Dahlhaus (ret) (https://www.afl.com.au/news/852428/)
Francis Evans (del) (https://www.afl.com.au/news/852275/sparkling-mid-among-five-cats-delisted-after-gf-success)
Shaun Higgins (ret) (https://www.afl.com.au/news/847447)
Quinton Narkle (del) (https://www.afl.com.au/news/852275/sparkling-mid-among-five-cats-delisted-after-gf-success)
Joel Selwood (ret) (https://www.afl.com.au/news/852277)
Cooper Stephens (trd) (https://www.afl.com.au/news/854559/three-way-deal-lands-henry-mitchell-and-stephens-at-new-clubs)
Nick Stevens (del) (https://www.afl.com.au/news/852275/sparkling-mid-among-five-cats-delisted-after-gf-success)
Paul Tsapatolis (del) (https://www.afl.com.au/news/852275/sparkling-mid-among-five-cats-delisted-after-gf-success)
Zane Williams (del) (https://www.afl.com.au/news/852275/sparkling-mid-among-five-cats-delisted-after-gf-success)
Jack Bowes (trd) (https://www.afl.com.au/news/856576)
Matt Conroy (del) (https://www.afl.com.au/news/842700)
Josh Corbett (trd) (https://www.afl.com.au/news/854372/dockers-set-to-boost-forward-depth-by-signing-suns-tall)
Jez McLennan (del) (https://www.afl.com.au/news/842700)
Patrick Murtagh (del) (https://www.afl.com.au/news/842700)
Rhys Nicholls (del) (https://www.afl.com.au/news/842700)
Izak Rankine (trd) (https://www.afl.com.au/news/854529/heading-home-exciting-forward-joins-crows-from-suns)

GWS
Hawthorn
Melbourne
North Melbourne

Jarrod Brander (del) (https://www.afl.com.au/news/848607)
Tanner Bruhn (trd) (https://www.afl.com.au/news/854555)
Matt de Boer (ret) (https://www.afl.com.au/news/817840/relief-for-rival-mids-as-gws-veteran-de-boer-calls-time)
Bobby Hill (trd) (https://www.afl.com.au/news/854266/first-trade-done-gws-livewire-becomes-a-magpie)
Jacob Hopper (trd) (https://www.afl.com.au/news/854572)
Tim Taranto (trd) (https://www.afl.com.au/news/854231/giant-gets-his-wish-tigers-give-up-first-two-picks-to-land-midfield-star)
Zach Sproule (del) (https://www.afl.com.au/news/848607)
Jake Stein (del) (https://www.afl.com.au/news/848607)
Jackson Callow (del) (https://www.afl.com.au/news/833847)
Connor Downie (del) (https://www.afl.com.au/news/833847)
Jack Gunston (trd) (https://www.afl.com.au/news/854553)
Kyle Hartigan (del) (https://www.afl.com.au/news/837732/hawthorn-delist-key-defender-after-two-seasons)
Daniel Howe (del) (https://www.afl.com.au/news/833847)
Ben McEvoy (ret) (https://www.afl.com.au/news/817547/bye-bye-big-boy-hawks-skipper-calls-time-on-decorated-career)
Tom Mitchell (trd) (https://www.afl.com.au/news/854559/three-way-deal-lands-henry-mitchell-and-stephens-at-new-clubs)
Jaeger O'Meara (trd) (https://www.afl.com.au/news/856718)
Tom Phillips (del) (https://www.afl.com.au/news/833847)
Jack Saunders (del) (https://www.afl.com.au/news/857392)
Liam Shiels (ret) (https://www.afl.com.au/news/833158/-it-s-been-a-great-journey-three-time-premiership-hawk-says-farewell)
Oskar Baker (del) (https://www.afl.com.au/news/856931/speed-demon-gone-wingman-cut-loose-after-trade-period)
Toby Bedford (trd) (https://www.afl.com.au/news/856550)
Mitch Brown (ret) (https://www.afl.com.au/news/847448)
Majak Daw (ret) (https://afl.com.au/news/789138)
Jayden Hunt (FA) (https://www.afl.com.au/news/854333)
Luke Jackson (trd) (https://www.afl.com.au/news/856550)
Fraser Rosman (del) (https://www.afl.com.au/news/847448)
Sam Weideman (trd) (https://www.afl.com.au/news/856559/bombers-bolster-forward-line-depth-as-dee-makes-move)
Kyron Hayden (del) (https://www.afl.com.au/news/833844)
Jason Horne-Francis (trd) (https://www.afl.com.au/news/856575/done-deal-horne-francis-rioli-land-at-port-in-four-club-mega-trade)
Tom Lynch (ret) (https://www.afl.com.au/news/772281/veteran-roo-retires-new-mid-season-draft-spot-opens-up)
Matt McGuinness (del) (https://www.afl.com.au/news/833844)
Patrick Walker (del) (https://www.afl.com.au/news/833844)

Port Adelaide
Richmond
St Kilda
Sydney

Karl Amon (FA) (https://www.afl.com.au/news/852533)
Martin Frederick (del) (https://www.afl.com.au/news/857021)
Robbie Gray (ret) (https://www.afl.com.au/news/823720/power-s-greatest-calls-time-on-glittering-career)
Sam Mayes (del) (https://www.afl.com.au/news/829092)
Steven Motlop (ret) (https://www.afl.com.au/news/812010/mercurial-power-forward-calls-it-quits-after-217-games)
Taj Schofield (del) (https://www.afl.com.au/news/829092)
Sam Skinner (del) (https://www.afl.com.au/news/829092)
Dylan Williams* (del) (https://www.afl.com.au/news/857021)
Jake Aarts (del) (https://www.afl.com.au/news/856929/former-top-20-pick-talented-tiger-among-four-delistings)
Josh Caddy (ret) (https://www.afl.com.au/news/754206/two-time-flag-tiger-josh-caddy-calls-it-quits)
Riley Collier-Dawkins (del) (https://www.afl.com.au/news/856929/former-top-20-pick-talented-tiger-among-four-delistings)
Shane Edwards (ret) (https://www.afl.com.au/news/823794/tigers-great-to-retire-at-season-s-end-after-stellar-career)
Kane Lambert (ret) (https://www.afl.com.au/news/806930)
Will Martyn (del) (https://www.afl.com.au/news/856929/former-top-20-pick-talented-tiger-among-four-delistings)
Matthew Parker (del) (https://www.afl.com.au/news/807067/family-comes-first-tiger-calls-time-heads-back-to-wa)
Sydney Stack (del) (https://www.afl.com.au/news/856929/former-top-20-pick-talented-tiger-among-four-delistings)
Jarryn Geary (ret) (https://www.afl.com.au/news/798835/courageous-saint-calls-time-on-16-year-career)
Dan Hannebery (ret) (https://www.afl.com.au/news/824591)
Darragh Joyce (del) (https://www.afl.com.au/news/830163/saints-farewell-irish-defender-but-other-clubs-sniffing-around)
Dean Kent (ret) (https://www.afl.com.au/news/825194)
Ben Long (trd) (https://www.afl.com.au/news/854515)
Paddy Ryder (ret) (https://www.afl.com.au/news/825664)
Josh Kennedy (ret) (https://www.afl.com.au/news/817292)
Barry O'Connor (del) (https://www.afl.com.au/news/852526/swans-axe-rising-star-winner-irish-defender-after-gf-defeat)
Colin O'Riordan (ret) (https://www.afl.com.au/news/832509/)
Callum Sinclair (ret) (https://www.afl.com.au/news/832509/)
Lewis Taylor (del) (https://www.afl.com.au/news/852526/swans-axe-rising-star-winner-irish-defender-after-gf-defeat)

West Coast
Western Bulldogs

Hugh Dixon (del) (https://www.afl.com.au/news/847741/eagles-delist-three-including-100-gamer-after-horror-season)
Tom Joyce (del) (https://www.afl.com.au/news/847741/eagles-delist-three-including-100-gamer-after-horror-season)
Josh Kennedy (ret) (https://www.afl.com.au/news/812012/)
Patrick Naish (del) (https://www.afl.com.au/news/852796)
Jackson Nelson (del) (https://www.afl.com.au/news/847741/eagles-delist-three-including-100-gamer-after-horror-season)
Jack Redden (ret) (https://www.afl.com.au/news/852573)
Junior Rioli (trd) (https://www.afl.com.au/news/856575/done-deal-horne-francis-rioli-land-at-port-in-four-club-mega-trade)
Zaine Cordy (FA) (https://www.afl.com.au/news/854442/saints-pounce-on-premiership-dog-to-shore-up-defence)
Josh Dunkley (trd) (https://www.afl.com.au/news/856572/dog-finally-gets-move-star-mid-joins-lions-after-lengthy-negotiations)
Lachie Hunter (trd) (https://www.afl.com.au/news/856820)
Josh Schache (trd) (https://www.afl.com.au/news/856817)

Bulldog4life
15-10-2022, 05:00 PM
Surprised Frederick was delisted by Port. Have seen him play some good footy. Good wheels on him.

Grantysghost
15-10-2022, 05:01 PM
How come we are the last team to delist anyone? Bevo can't choose ha.

jazzadogs
15-10-2022, 05:21 PM
Surprised Frederick was delisted by Port. Have seen him play some good footy. Good wheels on him.

I haven't checked this, but pretty sure there are two brothers - Martin and Michael. Michael plays at Freo and was best 22 this year. Martin struggled to have the same impact at Port.

GVGjr
15-10-2022, 05:23 PM
How come we are the last team to delist anyone? Bevo can't choose ha.

I guess we still have time to finalise the playing list but I'm sure there are some players who want to know whats going on before they head off for a break.

Bulldog4life
15-10-2022, 06:31 PM
I haven't checked this, but pretty sure there are two brothers - Martin and Michael. Michael plays at Freo and was best 22 this year. Martin struggled to have the same impact at Port.

Yes twins. Struggled this year but I have him beforehand.

soupman
16-10-2022, 10:21 PM
I'm another who liked what he saw of Martin Frederick. Definitely not an identical twin with Michael, Martin has a much squarer build. Frederick is quick, looks strong and carries the ball well, but seemed like a low possession rebounding half back which is not ideal. If he can defend though I'd consider him.

GVGjr
16-10-2022, 10:46 PM
I'm another who liked what he saw of Martin Frederick. Definitely not an identical twin with Michael, Martin has a much squarer build. Frederick is quick, looks strong and carries the ball well, but seemed like a low possession rebounding half back which is not ideal. If he can defend though I'd consider him.

There is something about him that appeals. Not sure why Port have given up on him.

GVGjr
17-10-2022, 05:38 PM
Jed Anderson has been delisted. A bit of a surprise isn't it?

Grantysghost
17-10-2022, 05:38 PM

Gee wiz - something more to it? He's talented enough to be on their list.

The Underdog
17-10-2022, 05:46 PM
Gee wiz - something more to it? He's talented enough to be on their list.

I couldn’t begin to imagine what it might be.

Sedat
17-10-2022, 06:22 PM
Hard as a cat's head and can find the Sherrin, but he has disposal skills by foot in the "below average" to "can't hit the side of a barn door" range.

GVGjr
18-10-2022, 09:26 AM
SEN have an article on these delisted players who they believe deserve another chance.
Any of them interest you?

Jake Aarts (Richmond)

Jake Aarts has some AFL attributes, namely his toughness around the ball and work ethic.

He could still play a role for a team in need of a pressure small forward with midfield capabilities.

Following a lengthy apprenticeship in the VFL, Aarts played 42 games over three seasons with the Tigers. He showed in 2020, when playing 14 games in an eventual premiership team, that he is more than capable at the level.

His 2021 season when he kicked 18 goals in 21 outings was also an indication of what he can bring to the table.

Could Aarts, who won Richmond’s VFL best and fairest this year, be an experienced player for a rebuilding side like Hawthorn to have up their sleeve in case of emergency?

Andrew Slevison

Jed Anderson (North Melbourne)

Only two years ago, Jed Anderson was an integral part of North Melbourne’s midfield.

That will be the 28-year-old’s primary sell to clubs who need a tough onballer, which is exactly what you’ll get with Anderson.

He started the year with a lack of fitness after missing the deadline to receive his COVID vaccinations but managed to get himself back to AFL standard. His 33-disposal, seven-inside 50 game against Collingwood in Round 17 proves he’s still got it.

He’d suit a club looking to bolster its midfield or provide added on-ball depth.

Seb Mottram

Connor Blakely (Fremantle)

Fremantle signed Connor Blakely to a three-year deal in 2019.

He only played 18 games in the following three seasons, including zero in 2022.

His manager Robbie D’Orazio is expecting a lifeline for the 27-year-old.

“I think he’ll get a home somewhere, we’ll work through that in the next little bit,” he told *SEN.

He has shown the ability to play at AFL level on-ball, on the wing and at half-back, but was clearly out of favour at Freo.

Nic Negrepontis

Callum Brown (Collingwood)

Callum Brown fell out of favour in Craig McRae’s first season in charge with his delisting coming after just six games in 2022.

While Brown struggled to make an impact at senior level last campaign, he proved he was a cut above in the VFL averaging 26.5 disposals and 5.6 tackles a game.

With an ability to play forward, midfield and defence, the 24-year-old could offer experience and immediate impact for a younger team.

Callum’s younger brother Tyler could also attract interest with the tall midfielder being delisted after playing 27 games across the last three seasons.

Lachlan Geleit

Mitch Crowden (Fremantle)

Fremantle midfielder/forward Mitch Crowden was delisted after it appeared like he was set to solidify a best-22 spot at the start of the season.

After 40 games through his first four years at the club, Crowden failed to break through for a game in 2022 after being an unused substitute on two occasions.

Despite failing to break through at AFL level, Crowden was dominant in the WAFL for Peel Thunder, averaging 24.8 disposals and kicking 11 goals to finish fifth in the Sandover Medal count.

Fremantle has already vowed to do all they can to help find the 23-year-old another opportunity.

Lachlan Geleit

Tom Cutler (Essendon)

Still only 27, Tom Cutler’s delisting came as somewhat of a surprise considering his importance as a depth player at Essendon.

Since landing at Tullamarine at the end of 2019 from Brisbane, Cutler went on to play 30 games for the Bombers in three seasons.

Could Cutler offer something to a third club in 2023? Teams struggling for midfield depth could do a lot worse than pick up the phone and enquire.

As a delisted free agent, Cutler would come as a low-risk and known commodity, capable of contributing to a side next season.

Laurence Rosen

Francis Evans (Geelong)

Evans burst onto the scene last year with two goals in his first game for Geelong, with an injury the next game cruelling the rest of his season.

He went on to kick just one goal in five games in 2022 (one as the unused medical substitute).

But with Geelong’s record of drafting players, other clubs are often certainly happy to trust Stephen Wells’ nous. Evans has been linked heavily to Port Adelaide, and with plenty of untapped potential, he’s worth another chance at the top level.

Seb Mottram

Quinton Narkle (Geelong)

Many Cats fans will remember Narkle’s first game against the Western Bulldogs in 2018, where the young midfielder was thrown into the final centre bounce of the game in a massive show of faith by Chris Scott.

Narkle was on the edge of Geelong’s best team last year but fell slightly down the pecking order in 2022. The 24-year-old was heavily linked to Richmond in last year’s trade period, and rival clubs can now secure his services for nothing.

Narkle’s best footy would have had him in Geelong’s best side this year, so there are question marks about where he’s at. But he demonstrated strong form in the three games he wasn’t injured or the medical sub, averaging just shy of 15 touches a game.

If he commits to his best footy, Narkle could be fielding multiple offers at new clubs.

Seb Mottram

Tom Phillips (Hawthorn)

Tom Phillips fell out of favour quickly at Hawthorn as a preference to showcase youth saw others elevated ahead of him.

The wingman played 115 games, including 22 for the Hawks in 2021, and would make sense as a depth outside midfielder for somebody in 2023.

Fremantle and Port Adelaide both lost starting wingmen in the trade period – Phillips could potentially fill a list need. Could he potentially return to Collingwood and add to their depth?

He might just be a case of at the wrong club at the wrong time.

Nic Negrepontis

James Rowe (Adelaide)

Adelaide’s James Rowe proved he has what it takes as a senior footballer in 2022, playing 17 games for the Crows.

Having made 36 appearances in the last two seasons, Rowe’s delisting was a surprising one and the Western Bulldogs were reportedly keen on his services throughout the year.

The 23-year-old was a second-round pick in the 2020 National Draft and could prove an option for a club that’s looking for a forward that puts pressure on and can hit the scoreboard.

Lachlan Geleit

Sydney Stack (Richmond)

There is no denying the raw talent of the recently delisted Tiger.

Sydney Stack burst onto the scene in 2019 after he was picked up via the Supplemental Selection Period (SSP) and went on to play 17 games, finishing third in Rising Star voting.

Over the course of four years at Punt Road, Stack had his fair share of off-field issues so it would take a brave club to take another chance on him.

There is absolutely no doubting the immense talent of the Western Australian, but it is his dedication and application that must be harnessed.

The Dockers are unlikely to pursue the 22-year-old, but could the embattled Eagles put out their hand?

Andrew Slevison

Jake Stein (GWS)

Jake Stein played 20 games for GWS, including nine in 2022, and showed signs as a key defender in a struggling team.

His manger Robbie D’Orazio told SEN last week that he is confident the delisted Giant will get another opportunity at AFL level.

“He was one that I was surprised got delisted, he played some good footy in the back end under Mark McVeigh and then Jason McCartney gave him sort of the chop, which is fine, we’ll move on from that,” D’Orazio said.

“Hopefully we get him on a list somewhere which I’m working on at the moment, fingers crossed that all works out for both boys.”

Nic Negrepontis

Liam Stocker (Carlton)

Liam Stocker’s delisting came as a surprise to many Carlton fans. The club traded a future first-round pick to be able to select him in the 2018 National Draft with the hopes he would develop into a quality on-baller.

Injuries coupled with stepping away for the entire 2020 season slowed his development, with a new Blues regime ultimately deciding he wouldn’t make it as a midfielder and that they preferred to re-sign Jordan Boyd as half-back depth.

Given his pedigree as a first-round pick and turbulent start to his career, it seems likely someone will take a punt on Stocker and see if this delisting was the motivational spark he needed.

Nic Negrepontis

Mitch Wallis (Western Bulldogs)

It’s a mystery to most footy fans why Mitch Wallis spent the last two years out of Luke Beveridge’s best 22.

But it’s certainly given Wallis the motivation to leave his mark elsewhere. He oozes leadership and was the Western Bulldogs’ vice-captain just last year, but the 29-year-old also has the footy ability for another shot.

He’s now completely recovered from mid-year foot surgery. Wallis spent much of his career as a midfielder but averaged just shy of 1.5 goals per game as a forward in 2020 and could continue his career in either position.

He’d no doubt be a handy role/depth player in a premiership contender or a leader in a wallowing team.

Seb Mottram

bulldogtragic
18-10-2022, 09:59 AM
The rumours on Rowe, are they real? If so, that might be our DFA.

A winger would be nice, even for depth.

GVGjr
18-10-2022, 10:02 AM
The rumours on Rowe, are they real? If so, that might be our DFA.

A winger would be nice, even for depth.

I just wonder if the fact we were apparently interested 12 months back has sparked the speculation now.
I didn't see enough of him this season to know if we still need him.

bulldogtragic
18-10-2022, 10:09 AM
I just wonder if the fact we were apparently interested 12 months back has sparked the speculation now.
I didn't see enough of him this season to know if we still need him.

Taking off 2 medisub games, he’s played 34 games, 27.22 and 17 goal assists with 2 tackles a game. Sounds a little like Ben Cavarra of history and stats.

Mitcha
18-10-2022, 12:17 PM
Yeah, Rowe doesn't excite me, would prefer Narkle or Aarts as they seem to play with a bit more energy. Stack would also have that capacity but appears to have too many off field distractions. The fact that Mitch Wallis was chopped late tells me that Sam may have gained a commitment from one of the above as a delisted free agent.

jazzadogs
18-10-2022, 01:20 PM
Narkle, Stocker, Phillips, Stein interest me in that order.

It sounds like there are some decent small forward options in the draft so would prefer to go down that path.

Can you still sign DFAs after the draft?

Axe Man
18-10-2022, 01:36 PM

Looks like there is 1 hour window after the draft. But then I believe there is the supplemental selection period for clubs that still have open list spots (it ran from early January to early March this year).

Thursday 03 November at 9.00am
AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (1) commences

Wednesday 09 November at 5.00pm
AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (1) closes

Friday 11 November at 9.00am
AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (2) commences

Tuesday 15 November by 5.00pm
AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (2) closes
Continental Tyres AFL Trade Period closes – selections only

Monday 21 November by 3.00pm
NAB AFL Draft Nominations close

Monday 28 November at 7.10pm
2022 NAB AFL Draft Round One (Venue TBC)
Father/Son, Academy & NGA and Players Bidding opens.

Tuesday 29 November
Continental Tyres AFL Trade Period – selections only (5.45pm to 6.30pm)
2022 NAB AFL National Draft Round two until completion (7pm)
Rookie Upgrade Period opens (10pm)
AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (3) commences (10pm)
Rookie Upgrade Period closes (11pm)
AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (3) closes (11pm)

Wednesday 30 November
NAB AFL Pre-Season Draft (3pm, online)
NAB AFL Rookie Draft (3.20pm, online)

Thursday 01 December by 4.00pm
Final AFL Club List Lodgement

Mofra
18-10-2022, 02:10 PM
I really want us to wait for DFAs signings as late as possible.
If we don't get a small forward or a winger, then we can consider whether Rowe or Poulter are in the mix for us.
3-4 live selections at the draft would be nice.

bulldogtragic
18-10-2022, 02:12 PM

It sounds like there are some decent small forward options in the draft so would prefer to go down that path.

Yep, as Axe points out. There's been a list lodgement over time between the ND and PSD. But now that gap ins't a week or so anymore (now the next day) for this list lodgement. You can go with a DFA in this time (night after ND), and then this confirms if a club has a right to PSD pick and what pick/s they have for the RD.

Then beyond that if a spot remains open, the club can make an SSP selection on uncontracted player/s (that usually train with a club over summer). We did that with Anthony Scott, Cody Raak and Corey Preston a couple of years ago (obviously Scott won the spot, and we got Raak 12 months later as a Cat B in any event).

hujsh
18-10-2022, 02:47 PM
Is Narkle a CBA mid or can he play a role on the wing or as a small forward? Would he just be another misplaced mid if we brought him in as a forward?

Bulldog4life
18-10-2022, 04:08 PM

Ditto until I found out Stein will be 29 yo in January next.

bornadog
18-10-2022, 04:21 PM

I have been told Stocker has other issues. I would steer clear.

bornadog
18-10-2022, 04:30 PM
Collingwood delist Jack Madgen and Caleb Poulter

Testekill
18-10-2022, 05:52 PM
I'm a little leery of Corey Brand since Essendon doesn't have great key defenders either and they let him go. If he doesn't get picked up during the DFA phase I'd invite him and Poulter to train with us with the intention of potentially offering a spot on the list or them playing the season with Footscray if they go unsigned by anyone.

Jasper
18-10-2022, 07:52 PM
Yeah, Rowe doesn't excite me, would prefer Narkle or Aarts as they seem to play with a bit more energy. Stack would also have that capacity but appears to have too many off field distractions. The fact that Mitch Wallis was chopped late tells me that Sam may have gained a commitment from one of the above as a delisted free agent.

Are there any of those players you think might add some value for us?

Grantysghost
18-10-2022, 08:23 PM
Are there any of those players you think might add some value for us?

I'd be interested in Stack. If Stengle can turn it around I'd hope our culture is strong enough to to do the same with Marcus in charge.

GVGjr
18-10-2022, 08:34 PM
I'd be interested in Stack. If Stengle can turn it around I'd hope our culture is strong enough to to do the same with Marcus in charge.

I know we should back our culture but two things spring to mind:
We've had a few distracted players in recent years and typically we don't appear to address it.
We might be too conservative to bring in troubled players.

GVGjr
18-10-2022, 08:40 PM
I'm a little leery of Corey Brand since Essendon doesn't have great key defenders either and they let him go. If he doesn't get picked up during the DFA phase I'd invite him and Poulter to train with us with the intention of potentially offering a spot on the list or them playing the season with Footscray if they go unsigned by anyone.

We did bid on him in 2020 and Essendon did draft a lot of talls that year so who knows if it's just that they have a surplus of taller players or he isn't performing.
I don't think he played a senior game.

Swoop
18-10-2022, 09:27 PM
Brand might be better served being recruited to our VFL side and tracking his progress closely like Gardner. If we're impressed we can always sign him during the mid season draft.

jazzadogs
18-10-2022, 10:04 PM
I have been told Stocker has other issues. I would steer clear.

He has well documented mental health issues, if that's what you're referring to? I think for a late punt he has the talent, if we back in our well-being programs - I would understand if we don't based on the last few years, although I'm sure there are some other undocumented success stories at the club as well.

Hotdog60
18-10-2022, 10:51 PM
For DFA I think Narkle might suit us best if he can fill wing small forward type role.

EasternWest
18-10-2022, 10:54 PM
For DFA I think Narkle might suit us best if he can fill wing small forward type role.

Narkle is only allowed to come to us if he grows that glorious hair out.

GVGjr
18-10-2022, 11:03 PM

He seems to be the pick of the DFA's but we would need to do some homework.

Swoop
18-10-2022, 11:07 PM
While recruiting Marra and Darcy over the last 2 years has been fortunate, it's also limited our hand in the draft. It's also meant we've dipped into the VFL with both Scott and McComb.

I'm happy overlooking this year's batch of delisted players to add players by investing through the draft.

Axe Man
19-10-2022, 10:16 AM
While recruiting Marra and Darcy over the last 2 years has been fortunate, it's also limited our hand in the draft. It's also meant we've dipped into the VFL with both Scott and McComb.

I'm happy overlooking this year's batch of delisted players to add players by investing through the draft.

It's not an either/or situation - we have 6 list spots to fill. Adding six 18 year olds is probably going to make us too green given the experience that has just left. We will be hitting the draft regardless, but adding an older player or 2, whether that is through DFA signings or the drafts feels like a better balance.

Stevo
19-10-2022, 11:14 AM
It's not an either/or situation - we have 6 list spots to fill. Adding six 18 year olds is probably going to make us too green given the experience that has just left. We will be hitting the draft regardless, but adding an older player or 2, whether that is through DFA signings or the drafts feels like a better balance.

Axe, do you think the list needs that reset though? Unless we can get a DFA or two that can really make a difference not just add depth we might be delaying the inevitable.

Axe Man
19-10-2022, 12:16 PM
Axe, do you think the list needs that reset though? Unless we can get a DFA or two that can really make a difference not just add depth we might be delaying the inevitable.

You absolutely need depth though if you are aiming for a high ladder finish. I don't think the club are conceding 2023 at all bringing in Lobb and Jones so we need the 23-32 (or whatever) players to be capable of playing a role when needed.

Geelong just won a flag in part due to their depth allowing them to carefully manage their pensioner brigade through the year.

I am only talking bringing in 1 or 2 mature players along with 4 or 5 younger guys, that's still a decent influx of youth. I would also hope any mature players are earmarked for specific roles where our depth may be thin rather than just depth for the sake of it.

bornadog
19-10-2022, 12:18 PM
You absolutely need depth though if you are aiming for a high ladder finish. I don't think the club are conceding 2023 at all bringing in Lobb and Jones so we need the 23-32 (or whatever) players to be capable of playing a role when needed.

Geelong just won a flag in part due to their depth allowing them to carefully manage their pensioner brigade through the year.

I am only talking bringing in 1 or 2 mature players along with 4 or 5 younger guys, that's still a decent influx of youth. I would also hope any mature players are earmarked for specific roles where our depth may be thin rather than just depth for the sake of it.

I agree, but the mature players need to be in that 25/26 to 30 range.

Axe Man
19-10-2022, 12:21 PM

Just to clarify BAD I am talking about the 23rd-32nd (random number) ranked players on the list, not their ages.

Sedat
19-10-2022, 12:28 PM
They just need to be really good. Would have gladly taken Isaac Smith when he was availale at 31yo for example.

bornadog
19-10-2022, 12:34 PM
Just to clarify BAD I am talking about the 23rd-32nd (random number) ranked players on the list, not their ages.

I do understand.

Mofra
19-10-2022, 01:58 PM
They just need to be really good. Would have gladly taken Isaac Smith when he was availale at 31yo for example.
He started late though.
Like Rory Lobb

Some players will kick on a bit in their 30s.

GVGjr
19-10-2022, 03:02 PM

He was in top form and durable so his age shouldn't have been a big consideration on a contending team.
I was interested in him.

Swoop
20-10-2022, 05:48 PM
Zac Langdon anyone? Cut with a year to go on his contract. He may be willing to relocate to keep his AFL career alive. He had a strong first season at GWS and would fill a specific need.

GVGjr
20-10-2022, 05:52 PM
Zac Langdon anyone? Cut with a year to go on his contract. He may be willing to relocate to keep his AFL career alive. He had a strong first season at GWS and would fill a specific need.

Does he get enough of the ball Swoop?
I remember the impression he made in his first season but he dropped off after that.

bulldogtragic
20-10-2022, 06:04 PM

Was a very good year. But 11 goals in 35 games since. The best argument is that in a strong side he’s a handy player. The counter argument is 11 goals in 35 games and paid out to leave early. I was very interested in him when his name was up for trade a couple of years ago. I wonder what’s happened to his game?

Swoop
20-10-2022, 06:07 PM
Does he get enough of the ball Swoop?
I remember the impression he made in his first season but he dropped off after that.

He probably doesn't but it would be worth investigating if there was a reason for the discrepancy between first season and the rest.

If we're set on picking up a DFA the options include Langdon, Narkle, Stack, and Rowe. Who would you prefer?

GVGjr
20-10-2022, 06:20 PM
He probably doesn't but it would be worth investigating if there was a reason for the discrepancy between first season and the rest.

If we're set on picking up a DFA the options include Langdon, Narkle, Stack, and Rowe. Who would you prefer?

I could live with Rowe and I can see potential in Stack or Narkle but none of them are must haves.
I can't quite work out how to best use this option.

soupman
20-10-2022, 06:41 PM
Langdon is ok but I think he is basically another Hannan (good all round forward who isn't really a crumbing/opportunist type).

hujsh
20-10-2022, 07:00 PM
I wonder how disappointed people here will be if/when Bruce starts forward with Naughton and Lobb instead of Jamarra?

GVGjr
20-10-2022, 07:09 PM
I wonder how disappointed people here will be if/when Bruce starts forward with Naughton and Lobb instead of Jamarra?

I would assume that would be a decision based on form so I can live with it.

Mofra
20-10-2022, 07:10 PM
If that happens, I don't think it would be for long

Grantysghost
20-10-2022, 07:11 PM

Bruce needs to be jettisoned.

hujsh
20-10-2022, 07:14 PM
Marra improved a lot last year but hes a 3rd year tall that missed a year of footy.

Bruce was bad last year but he has a proven track record as a key forward and was a big part of our success in 2021.

I think a combo of possibly too high expectations on Marra and too low expectations of Bruce are skewing things a bit here. It think it's a good chance of happening. 50/50

GVGjr
20-10-2022, 07:20 PM
Marra improved a lot last year but hes a 3rd year tall that missed a year of footy.

Bruce was bad last year but he has a proven track record as a key forward and was a big part of our success in 2021.

I think a combo of possibly too high expectations on Marra and too low expectations of Bruce are skewing things a bit here. It think it's a good chance of happening. 50/50

Bruce never really had a chance last year, we really botched him coming back into the side.
I'm open to see how we use him as there are advantages of him playing at either end of the ground.

Grantysghost
20-10-2022, 07:21 PM
Bruce never really had a chance last year, we really botched him coming back into the side.
I'm open to see how we use him as there are advantages of him playing at either end of the ground.

He's the new Schache.

*Danjul has entered the chat*

Grantysghost
20-10-2022, 07:22 PM

Marra will light it up, we need to forget Bruce I think he's cooked.
Considering our forward depth im really surprised we didn't move him on.
I guess it was between he and Schache, Melbourne asked the question of both.

Axe Man
20-10-2022, 07:24 PM
Marra to the wing? Just about everyone else has been thrown up in the wings thread so why not!

Axe Man
21-10-2022, 11:37 AM
THE DELISTED PLAYERS EXPECTED TO RECEIVE ANOTHER AFL OPPORTUNITY (https://www.sen.com.au/news/2022/10/20/the-delisted-players-expected-to-receive-another-afl-opportunity/)

AFL Media’s Josh Gabelich has listed off some of the delisted players he expects to make their way back onto AFL lists ahead of next season.

Speaking on SEN SA’s The Run Home, Gabelich first explained why there won’t be much activity in the delisted free agent market even after the signing window opens.

“The real difficulty right now with the delisted free agents, there’s a bit of a lack of clarity around list spots,” he said.

“Although the DFA window opens on November 3rd, I don’t know how many we’ll see taken in that period, obviously they’ve still got the SSP (supplemental selection period) and the rookie draft.

“I think it might take up until the rookie draft for some of these players to earn another opportunity.”

See the players Gabelich has tipped for a return below:

Jed Anderson - delisted by North Melbourne

“Right at the top of the list is someone like a Jed Anderson who was quite stiff to be delisted by North Melbourne, he’s only 28,” Gabelich said

“It was only a couple of years ago that he finished third in the best and fairest at the Kangaroos.

“This year didn’t really go to plan because he didn’t start training until March because he was reluctant to take the vaccine, he ended up doing that, played 24 games, I thought he was quite stiff to be delisted.

“I know Gold Coast were really interested in him during the trade period, it just came down to what happened to Brayden Fiorini, they kept Brayden Fiorini instead of him going to Collingwood.”

Caleb Poulter - delisted by Collingwood

“(Fiorini) was also an issue in terms of Caleb Poulter, who’s attracted a fair bit of interest from the Gold Coast Suns as well,” he said.

“I’d expect one of the two of them to get an opportunity with the Suns, and whether that’s via the SSP or rookie draft or DFA, I don’t know just at this stage but I’d expect one of those two to get a look in.”

Quinton Narkle - delisted by Geelong

“I’d be shocked if he didn’t get another opportunity, there’s been a number of clubs, including the two West Australian clubs that have held preliminary discussions with his management,” he said.

“It just needs to see how these things shape out because clubs needed to get through the trade period to see where they sat in terms of list spots.

“Now they take stock ahead of the draft but I’d be surprised if Quinton Narkle didn’t get another gig.”

Callum Brown - delisted by Collingwood

“Cal Brown is the other one, I thought he was a little bit stiff not to get another contract at Collingwood, just 24, played the 70 games,” he said.

“He was an emergency in all three finals, so he couldn’t have come much closer without playing.

“I thought he was pretty hard done by not to get another deal at Collingwood but it’s a ruthless business as we know, him and his brother, they’re both looking for another opportunity.

“They’ve got a little bit of interest early, but I think with someone like Cal Brown, more like an SSP, come in and audition and see where you sit come January, February, March.”

Axe Man
26-10-2022, 12:14 PM
Oleg Markov delisted by the Suns. Pacy half back type. Probably not a need for us.

Grantysghost
31-10-2022, 04:24 PM
Swans delist luckless ruckman, two small forwards - https://www.afl.com.au/news/862807

Naismith and Ronke delisted by the Swans.

bulldogtragic
31-10-2022, 04:25 PM
Swans delist luckless ruckman, two small forwards - https://www.afl.com.au/news/862807

Naismith and Ronke delisted by the Swans.

Merciful of them. They’ve been cooked for a fair while now.

Grantysghost
31-10-2022, 04:38 PM
Merciful of them. They’ve been cooked for a fair while now.

Ronke is an interesting one, 2018 he looked like he would be a good small forward for years but hasn't been able to continue that form.

Considering our lack of small forward options he might be worth a rookie list spot.

Rowe and Aarts probably in that group too.

bulldogtragic
31-10-2022, 04:43 PM
Ronke is an interesting one, 2018 he looked like he would be a good small forward for years but hasn't been able to continue that form.

Considering our lack of small forward options he might be worth a rookie list spot.

Rowe and Aarts probably in that group too.

He’s kicked 17 goals in total, in 33 games, since mid 2018.

Me thinks he’s cooked.

Grantysghost
31-10-2022, 04:52 PM
He’s kicked 17 goals in total, in 33 games, since mid 2018.

Me thinks he’s cooked.

It's not great reading for sure.

bornadog
02-11-2022, 05:05 PM
Mature-age players set for another chance as list calls loom (https://www.afl.com.au/news/862940/mature-age-players-set-for-another-chance-as-list-calls-loom)

GOLD Coast has interest in Greater Western Sydney defender Jake Stein as a potential rookie draft pick up, as clubs weigh experienced options to fill their lists.

The delisted free agency (DFA) period will open on Thursday and run through to next Wednesday, November 9.

There will then be a deadline on November 10 for players to retire and out-of-contract players to nominate for the draft, with another window for delisted free agents open between November 11-15.

Port Adelaide will sign delisted Geelong forward Francis Evans as a delisted free agent after he was cut by the Cats at the end of their premiership season.

But other clubs may wait until the rookie draft to add recently delisted players, with the Suns having an interest in Stein, who was cut by the Giants after 20 games over the past three seasons, including nine in 2022.

The Suns had success with a mature-age rookie pick last year by grabbing Levi Casboult, who booted 35 goals from 21 games after crossing from Carlton.

North Melbourne will use four picks at the national draft and have nominated Cooper Harvey as a father-son selection, with the Roos to also have multiple rookie draft selections on November 30.

Hawthorn triple premiership player Liam Shiels was linked to the Kangaroos when Alastair Clarkson was signed as a mature-age option, and he remains a chance to be in the mix for the Roos. That would only be as a rookie, however, and not a delisted free agent as their four primary list spots will be used at the draft, meaning other clubs could also consider Shiels.

The 31-year-old Shiels announced his retirement in August after 255 games for the Hawks.

Fremantle looks likely to be in the market for a mature-age ruck option after Lloyd Meek's trade to Hawthorn left them with first-choice pair Sean Darcy and Luke Jackson as the only rucks on the Dockers' list, with pinch-hit options Rory Lobb (Western Bulldogs) and Griffin Logue (North Melbourne) also leaving.

Swans ruckman Sam Naismith, who is back in fully training after his knee reconstruction last year, was one of the few experienced ruckmen to be delisted this off-season, while Paddy Ryder (St Kilda), Callum Sinclair (Sydney) and Stefan Martin (Western Bulldogs) retired.

The Dockers have had interest in retired Essendon small forward Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti, but the Bombers are favoured to regain the livewire goalkicker.

McDonald-Tipungwuti retired in May but a short time later made Essendon aware he was keen on a return to the club after his personal circumstances changed, and he has been training regularly in Gisborne to get his conditioning up.

Clubs are also on the lookout for ready-to-go players outside the AFL system. Corey Wagner's form at VFL level for Port Melbourne has attracted interest from clubs, with the former North Melbourne and Melbourne player in the mix for a return to the top level, with the Dockers a possible suitor.

Whilst there is unlikely to be more than 60 selections at the national draft later this month, some clubs are also planning on holding over selections in the rookie draft so they can have players train with them over summer in the pre-season supplemental selection period.

Delisted Magpie Caleb Poulter is one in this bracket who could have to wait until the pre-season to press his claims for a list spot.

Grantysghost
02-11-2022, 05:09 PM
Polec delisted by Norf.

bornadog
02-11-2022, 05:32 PM
Polec delisted by Norf.

Polec signed a five year, $3.5 million contract in 2018.

Is this the biggest stuff up ever?

Axe Man
02-11-2022, 05:42 PM

Probably second to Andrew Thorburn to Essendon.

Mofra
02-11-2022, 05:44 PM

They've been well under the cap for a while so they had to pay someone.

It's not like Collingwood effectively fluffing 5 first round draft picks in a single trade period (Treloar trade year) then shunting off Grundy 2 years later.

Grantysghost
02-11-2022, 06:02 PM

It was the most apparent demonstration of the shit tax I've ever seen.

Mitcha
03-11-2022, 03:56 PM

Dan Hannebury and the Saints want to say hello

GVGjr
06-11-2022, 08:11 AM
Delisted Tiger has renewed hope for AFL lifeline (https://www.sen.com.au/news/2022/11/04/delisted-tiger-has-renewed-hope-for-afl-lifeline-after-preliminary-interest/)

https://images.ctfassets.net/u8w3l566ay8a/6G49FjLCIYwQycCigQptxu/3a619031a75cba5d84f49043df5a2075/VFL19RiBr22GDP522124819.JPG?w=980&h=520&fit=fill&f=faces

Riley Collier-Dawkins remains a chance to find a new AFL home, with the delisted Richmond midfielder receiving interest from a “fair few clubs”.

The former first-round pick barely got going in his four years at the Tigers, managing 11 games and just two in 2022.

With the club’s acquisition of ex-GWS duo Tim Taranto and Jacob Hopper, there was no room for the 22-year-old on Richmond’s list when he was among four delistings.

But speaking to 7 News, Collier-Dawkins says he’s packed on several kilograms and is keen to continue his AFL journey.

“I’ve got a desire to play at the best level and see how good I can be, I’m taking every measure and every day is an opportunity to get better,” he stated.

“I certainly have felt and got some evidence to take out of it (Richmond career) that I can do it and know what it takes to get there… I’ve got a lot of speed and power and I think that’s something in the modern game that separates the good teams from the best teams.”

After being taken with pick 20 in the 2018 National Draft, Collier-Dawkins' best performance in the black and yellow came in Round 23, 2021 when collecting 19 disposals, five clearances, three inside 50s and three marks playing a hard-running role in the midfield.

Collier-Dawkins played nine games that campaign to suggest he wasn’t far away from breaking into the best 22 on a permanent basis.

But 2021 draftee Tyler Sonsie featured in the Tigers’ last seven games of 2022, while Jack Ross was also preferred to Collier-Dawkins as a depth option.

However, Collier-Dawkins is hoping his runs on the board hold him in good stead for a new contract elsewhere.

“There’s preliminary discussions with a fair few clubs which has given me a lot of hope, but until something’s official obviously you never know… I'm just going to be ready no matter what,” he added.

The first delisted free agency window opened on Thursday which saw Francis Evans join Port Adelaide and Fergus Greene become a Hawk.

Damien Hardwick will have one of the deepest midfields at his disposal in 2023, featuring the likes of Taranto, Hopper, Ross, Sonsie, Dustin Martin, Dion Prestia Trent Cotchin, Jack Graham and Marlion Pickett.

Stevo
06-11-2022, 10:45 AM
4 years into the system and he is getting serious about strengthening his frame. Collier-Dawkins might get another chance.

bornadog
09-11-2022, 04:25 PM
The Crows have delisted both Paul Seedsman and Andrew McPherson, but have committed to taking the pair in the Rookie Draft.

Rookie category is not what it was intended for.

bulldogtragic
09-11-2022, 04:29 PM
The Crows have delisted both Paul Seedsman and Andrew McPherson, but have committed to taking the pair in the Rookie Draft.

‘Transition To Retirement’ List

bornadog
09-11-2022, 04:31 PM
‘Transition To Retirement’ List

Feels like it

soupman
09-11-2022, 07:52 PM
Interesting. McPherson is a bit like Duryea. Tidy mid sized defender. Not sure what he is like at actually defending but I thought Adelaide rated him higher than "we are gonna cut you so we can put you in the last spot on our list".

GVGjr
09-11-2022, 08:16 PM
Interesting. McPherson is a bit like Duryea. Tidy mid sized defender. Not sure what he is like at actually defending but I thought Adelaide rated him higher than "we are gonna cut you so we can put you in the last spot on our list".

Are they just trying to clear some spots because of the father son pick they have committed to?
Seems like spots are tight at a few clubs.

azabob
10-11-2022, 07:51 AM
Are they just trying to clear some spots because of the father son pick they have committed to?
Seems like spots are tight at a few clubs.

They are upgrading a couple of rookie listed players also. The ruckman Mofra was keen on (Straun ?) and another player also.

azabob
10-11-2022, 07:52 AM

Yep, the AFL are to blame for it. Can't blame the all 18 clubs exploiting the rules.

I feel for Seedsman, it seems his concussion issues are not improving.

Dogs 24/7
10-11-2022, 10:11 AM
Yep, the AFL are to blame for it. Can't blame the all 18 clubs exploiting the rules.

I feel for Seedsman, it seems his concussion issues are not improving.

Same here, this concussion issue is a big issue for the sport.
I dont like the way the clubs moan about something and the AFL gives them the flexibility to address it and then the clubs feel empowered to start rorting it.

EasternWest
10-11-2022, 02:35 PM
Same here, this concussion issue is a big issue for the sport.
I dont like the way the clubs moan about something and the AFL gives them the flexibility to address it and then the clubs feel empowered to start rorting it.

Same as it ever was.

Give them an inch etc. It's definitely on if the downsides of it being a cutthroat industry - a lot of times players health and welfare are put aside for what's better for the team.

Grantysghost
09-01-2023, 10:38 AM
McAsey has given it away.
Former top-10 Crow walks away after losing passion to play - https://www.afl.com.au/news/872036

Testekill
09-01-2023, 10:52 AM
Playing professional level sports isn't the be all end all and if you can't bring yourself to play with that SA media microscope looking over everything you do then I don't blame him for stepping away.

Didn't blame Tom Boyd for stepping away and later retiring either, it's a brutal business even before you get out onto the field.

GVGjr
09-01-2023, 11:24 AM
Former top-10 Crow walks away after losing passion to play - https://www.afl.com.au/news/872036

Bit of a shame but there are more important things in life.
He was a Dog's supporter so he might want to come and watch our 2023 season.

jazzadogs
09-01-2023, 01:51 PM

I feel for him. After reading Boyds book, it is much easier to understand decisions like this. Hope he can find joy in his post football life.

Mofra
11-01-2023, 11:34 AM
Sydney Stack, very very silly.
Caught drink driving while unlicensed, in an unregistered car.
I guess we can snuff out any chance of mid season draft pick up now. Sad story for a guy so talented.

1eyedog
11-01-2023, 11:42 AM
I guess we can snuff out any chance of mid season draft pick up now. Sad story for a guy so talented.

Incredible fall from grace. Legit thought he was the next big thing had everything at his feet.

hujsh
11-01-2023, 01:30 PM

I dunno. More and more it's clear performance trumps all. Fagan and Clarkson have powered through all the allegations against them. If he has a banger year and does an interview about how much he's matured now he's a decent chance to be picked up (and I wouldn't begrudge him if he can get things right in his life TBH)

GVGjr
11-01-2023, 03:22 PM
I dunno. More and more it's clear performance trumps all. Fagan and Clarkson have powered through all the allegations against them. If he has a banger year and does an interview about how much he's matured now he's a decent chance to be picked up (and I wouldn't begrudge him if he can get things right in his life TBH)

It's a very serious set of charges so not easily overlooked by clubs purely on the fit of sponsorship.
Is he currently linked to any state league team?

Axe Man
11-01-2023, 04:09 PM
It's a very serious set of charges so not easily overlooked by clubs purely on the fit of sponsorship.
Is he currently linked to any state league team?

Was reportedly set to rejoin his old WAFL club Perth.

GVGjr
11-01-2023, 04:15 PM
Was reportedly set to rejoin his old WAFL club Perth.

That might help him impress some clubs.

GVGjr
17-01-2023, 10:09 PM
Paul Seedsman appears to be out of contention this year with concussion effects.

jazzadogs
20-01-2023, 10:36 AM
Liam Stocker has been signed as SSP by the Saints. I like him and hope they support his mental health and get him back to playing good footy. Can see him playing regularly for them this year.

GVGjr
08-02-2023, 06:00 PM
Latest list of train-on players ahead of supplemental selection period deadline (https://www.codesports.com.au/afl/afl-2023-latest-list-of-trainon-players-ahead-of-supplemental-selection-period-deadline/news-story/8be151789814f5082db0b4dc450471e5)

From Code Sports

With the deadline brought forward this year, clubs only have a week remaining to fill any list vacancies. DANIEL CHERNY has the latest news on who is in the mix for an AFL call-up.

Carlton appears to have resisted the urge to invite players to audition for a late list berth following Zac Williams’ season-ending knee injury.

The Blues do not currently have a list spot but could create a vacancy after dashing defender Williams ruptured his ACL at training last week, ruling him out for the entirety of 2023.

Clubs have until next Wednesday (February 15) to add players to their lists via the pre-season supplemental selection period (SSP) mechanism, with the deadline brought forward from March following pushback from state league clubs who complained the system was overly disruptive.

However an AFL memo to clubs this week detailing the full list of current train-on players shows that Carlton has not invited anyone to train. While the Blues could conceivably sign a player who has not trained with them, they may decide to keep their powder dry until the mid-season draft, which is the next opportunity to fill spots.

arlton has been linked to former Gold Coast and Richmond defender Oleg Markov, who had been training at Collingwood before the Pies chose West Adelaide tall Oscar Steene to complete their 2023 list.

The Pies’ decision to take Steene and Gold Coast’s call to sign Frankston forward Brodie McLaughlin has whittled down the list of train-on players heading into the final week before the deadline.

Only six clubs currently have formal train-on players.

East Fremantle’s versatile Jack Cleaver remains the only additional player training at Essendon. The Bombers – who have a vacancy after teenager Jayden Davey was placed on the inactive list – had trialled several other players through the pre-season.

Fremantle still has two players vying for one position, with tall Liam Serong from Gippsland and Perth forward Sam Stubbs continuing to train at the Dockers.

Former Collingwood midfielder Callum Brown is training with Hawthorn ahead of the deadline as part of a plan for several Box Hill players to join the AFL Hawks during their pre-season. Hawthorn has one list spot.

Ex-Port Adelaide-listed player Trent Burgoyne and Frankston key defender Kye Turner remain train-ons at Melbourne, with one spot open.

Delisted Geelong midfielder Quinton Narkle, who has worked hard on his fitness in recent months, and country tall Kaelan Bradtke are both still with Richmond, who has one opening.

And Carlton VFL tall Anthony Caminiti is training with St Kilda in a bid to secure the final spot on the Saints’ list after Ross Lyon’s side was hit with a host of injuries to big men.

Liam Shiels, Oskar Baker, Jed Anderson, Mark Keane, Tyler Brown and Liam Stocker are among those who have already been added to lists this summer via the SSP mechanism.

Stevo
08-02-2023, 11:51 PM
Carlton have now got Markov training with them as a replacement option for Williams.

josie
09-02-2023, 10:34 AM
Carlton have now got Markov training with them as a replacement option for Williams.

I don’t watch a lot of other games but when I did see Markov play I thought he was ok. I guess the fact 17 clubs didn’t choose the remaining available players says a bit though.

bornadog
10-02-2023, 10:50 AM

Big turnaround in 24 hours, Markov back to Collingwood as a rookie

MrMahatma
10-02-2023, 12:06 PM
Big turnaround in 24 hours, Markov back to Collingwood as a rookie

An "up yours" from the Pies to the Blues?

I like it.

GVGjr
10-02-2023, 06:28 PM
Carlton have acted quickly

Carlton have added ruckman Hudson O’Keefe to their rookie list via the Pre-Season Supplemental Selection Period.

O’Keefe was the number one ruckman for Vic Metro in last year’s Under-18 National Championships and averaged nine disposals and 22 hitouts from 11 matches with the Oakleigh Chargers in 2022.

The 202cm prospect had been training with Essendon this summer but the Bombers opted not to sign the teenager in late January.

Go_Dogs
11-02-2023, 08:12 PM
Smart move by them.