Eastdog
21-08-2022, 09:46 PM
Margin:

First goal:

Best on ground:

Eastdog
22-08-2022, 11:01 AM
Will put my predictions in later on.

Will be watching this one from home but if we win will be able to go to the MCG to play the loser of the Cats and Pies in Week 2.

Any woofers going to Perth?

What a crazy day of footy yesterday. Go Dogs!

angelopetraglia
22-08-2022, 12:28 PM
Fremantle have been beatable at Optus Stadium this year.

This is there home record. 11 games. 4 losses. If you discount the hapless Eagles and just look at their record against travelling teams. 9 games. 4 losses. Out of those five wins, three were by under three goals. They only beat one top eight team at Optus. Their record against top eight teams at Optus this year is one win, three losses. They are beatable. If we bring our best footy, which is a massive IF ... we can get this done.

Saints. Loss by 10 points.
Eagles. Win by 55 points
Blues. Win by 35 points.
North. Win by 78 points.
Pies. Loss by 36 points.
Lions. Win by 14 points.
Hawks. Win by 13 points.
Port. Win by 8 points.
Swans. Loss by 17 points.
Demons. Loss by 46 points.
Eagles. Win by 24 points.

bornadog
22-08-2022, 12:39 PM

This is there home record. 11 games. 4 losses. If you discount the hapless Eagles and just look at their record against travelling teams. 9 games. 4 losses. Out of those five wins, three were by under three goals. They only beat one top eight team at Optus. Their record against top eight teams at Optus this year is one win, three losses. They are beatable. If we bring our best footy, which is a massive IF ... we can get this done.

Eagles. Win by 55 points
Blues. Win by 35 points.
North. Win by 78 points.
Pies. Loss by 36 points.
Lions. Win by 14 points.
Hawks. Win by 13 points.
Port. Win by 8 points.

Lions, Hawks and Port were also close matches

Axe Man
22-08-2022, 01:45 PM
FIRST ELIMINATION FINAL

Fremantle vs Western Bulldogs, Perth Stadium

CAN THE DOGS CONJURE ANOTHER SEPTEMBER MIRACLE?

They’ve made Grand Finals from 7th (2016) and 5tth (2021) and their premiership run also started with an elimination final in Perth ... in a season where Geelong and Sydney were in the top four. They are 9-1 when they win contested ball by at least 10 — but that sole loss was against the Dockers due to a stagnant first half. This campaign has been far less fluent than 2016 and 2021 but there must be a genuine fear factor about the Dogs in September, particularly against a Fremantle team filled with finals virgins, and if they roll the Dockers they’ll play a semi-final at the MCG. There’s plenty of red, white and blue in the purple camp — assistant coach Matthew Boyd and football boss Bob Murphy are ex-Dog captains while former goalkicker Simon Garlick is the CEO.

IS FREO A FLAG THREAT WITHOUT THE DOUBLE CHANCE?

The Dockers have travelled 10 times this year for seven and a half wins and so they can do some damage. But bouncing out the Bulldogs before peeling off three victories east? Maybe not. Rory Lobb — who is likely to lob at Whitten Oval next year — shapes as the key. This month he booted 4.2 and looked unstoppable at Marvel Stadium. Could Josh Bruce be given that task this time around after Sam Darcy’s forward exploits against the Hawks?

SELECTION MAIL

For the Dockers, key-position trio Matt Taberner, Rory Lobb and Griffin Logue should all return while Nat Fyfe had an important game under his belt and is set to play in the WAFL next week. Logue trained on Friday and was only narrowly ruled out of Saturday’s game while fringe players Darcy Tucker and Ethan Hughes will also get WAFL minutes. Rhylee West was an unlucky omission at the Dogs while Jason Johannisen should recover from an ankle injury ,although they appear to have moved beyond Alex Keath and Josh Schache, who were left off the emergency list against Hawthorn.

LAST TIME THEY MET: Western Bulldogs 11.12 (78) def by Fremantle 14.11 (95) at Marvel Stadium in round 21.

THE VERDICT: FREMANTLE by 11 points.

Link (https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/news/afl-finals-2022-full-week-1-fixture-and-early-preview/news-story/b6fdf714b92edbc01223ac27adc03a6a)

azabob
22-08-2022, 02:24 PM
For all the doom and gloom RE our performance against Fremantle we only lost by 17 points.

In my head the margin seemed a lot greater; but finals are a brand new proposition.

Fremantle are not exactly a scoring machine either.

All the pressure will be on Fremantle; two weeks of build up; how many Fremantle players have actually played in a final?

MrMahatma
22-08-2022, 02:30 PM
For all the doom and gloom RE our performance against Fremantle we only lost by 17 points.

In my head the margin seemed a lot greater; but finals are a brand new proposition.

All the pressure will be on Fremantle; two weeks of build up; how many Fremantle players have actually played in a final?

Lobb (surely!) won't slot as many bombs as he did that match. And we have time to counter their ball movement tactics. No way should this match up fear us. All the talk for the next 2 weeks will be that we're no chance. Well... we'll see. We'll see.

Happy Days
22-08-2022, 03:13 PM

My frustration towards that game is because it is one I fully expected to win. I expected our offensive output to be too great to fall victim to Freo's ful ground defence with their inability to score being a bit of a safeguard.

Instead what we got was a million short passes to uncontested marks and unbelievable i50 efficiency from an otherwise stagnant and gunshy outfit. A cocktail of arrogance and laziness without the ball that probably should have ended our season, yet here we are.

azabob
22-08-2022, 03:25 PM
My frustration towards that game is because it is one I fully expected to win. I expected our offensive output to be too great to fall victim to Freo's ful ground defence with their inability to score being a bit of a safeguard.

Instead what we got was a million short passes to uncontested marks and unbelievable i50 efficiency from an otherwise stagnant and gunshy outfit. A cocktail of arrogance and laziness without the ball that probably should have ended our season, yet here we are.

Yep, I also expected us to win.

I agree with everything you said, yet here we are...

Bulldog Revolution
22-08-2022, 03:32 PM
Margin: Bulldogs 17 points

First goal: Aaron Naughton

Best on ground: Tom Liberatore

bornadog
22-08-2022, 03:38 PM
Dogs by 9 points
First Goal JUH
BOG; Dunkley

Bulldog Joe
22-08-2022, 06:19 PM

Eagles. Win by 55 points
Blues. Win by 35 points.
North. Win by 78 points.
Pies. Loss by 36 points.
Lions. Win by 14 points.
Hawks. Win by 13 points.
Port. Win by 8 points.

So 1 win (Brisbane) and 3 losses in Perth against the final top 8.

Perhaps they should have requested the game move to Docklands.

Note there is an additional win against GWS in round 3 by 34 points.
Full record in 2022 at Perth Stadium
12 games 8 wins 4 losses

Top 8
4 games 1 win 3 losses
Non Finalists
8 games 7 wins 1 loss

Scraggers
22-08-2022, 06:23 PM
If there are any WOOFers that are not going to use their barcodes, feel free to hit up any of us WA based members :cool: (especially me) :cool:

Bulldog Joe
22-08-2022, 06:25 PM
I can see my confidence rising on this.

If the match committee admit that Josh Bruce needs a pre-season before he plays again, I will really believe we can win.

DOG GOD
22-08-2022, 06:33 PM
Our issue last time with this mob is that they cut thru our non manning zone with precise foot skills.
If we allow that again, and they have those same kicking skills, I see the same result.
It’s infuriating to watch, and my biggest hate in Bevo’s gameplan.

So, I won’t quite put my prediction yet. Team selections might sway me.

josie
22-08-2022, 07:46 PM
Move from Subiaco ground to new Perth stadium has I think weakened advantage Eagles and Freo had to a degree. If course there’s the home crowd factor though. I think we are capable and hoping Bevo our mastermind comes up with a winning strategy. Whether we can enact it well enough is the question. Have to have big change from first half of last game we played with them and reckon we should have Naughton & English roaming free to be a down the line marking target with Darcy playing mostly forward.

The Bulldogs Bite
23-08-2022, 12:13 PM
I want to believe.

I just don't, can't and won't trust this group.

The ability for us to wipe Fremantle off the ground is there, but you have to look at 2022 holistically. We've really only played one very good game (v Melbourne), maybe the Sydney game earlier in the year if you excuse poor conversion. Aside from that, we haven't really looked threatening for very long.

I hope they play with a 'schackles off' mindset and play with positive aggression, as they did in last years finals series. But a lot would need to change both individually and collectively.

I'm excited that Marra and Darce get their first finals. This can only hold them in even better stead for pre-season and beyond.

bornadog
23-08-2022, 12:22 PM
I want to believe.

I just don't, can't and won't trust this group.

The ability for us to wipe Fremantle off the ground is there, but you have to look at 2022 holistically. We've really only played one very good game (v Melbourne), maybe the Sydney game earlier in the year if you excuse poor conversion. Aside from that, we haven't really looked threatening for very long.

I hope they play with a 'schackles off' mindset and play with positive aggression, as they did in last years finals series. But a lot would need to change both individually and collectively.

I'm excited that Marra and Darce get their first finals. This can only hold them in even better stead for pre-season and beyond.

We also gave Collingwood a spanking - so beat three of the top 4 this year, however, who knows with this mob. Have been so inconsistent

boydogs
24-08-2022, 12:10 AM
WB in extra time by 1
First goal JUH
BOG Bont

westbulldog
24-08-2022, 10:40 AM
Tickets sold out in 5 hours yesterday. Let's shut down the noise in the first 5 minutes, ruin their day and rain on their parade.

Axe Man
26-08-2022, 01:27 PM
Fyfe won't play in the WAFL this weekend.

MrMahatma
26-08-2022, 09:41 PM
Fyfe won't play in the WAFL this weekend.

Why would he?

azabob
26-08-2022, 09:49 PM
Why would he?

He has had a very interrupted year. First game back last week from a hamstring. There was discussion he would play WAFL for more game time.

SonofScray
27-08-2022, 01:00 PM
Dogs by 27 points.

9 goal first quarter.

Eastdog
29-08-2022, 09:02 PM
Margin: Bulldogs in a close one - 3 points
First goal: Bont
Best on ground: Dunkley

Really looking forward to another crack at it in the finals. We have had a tough season and I’m just so proud to have got there. Hoping we can really give it a good shake in 2022.

Eastdog
29-08-2022, 09:06 PM
Tickets sold out in 5 hours yesterday. Let's shut down the noise in the first 5 minutes, ruin their day and rain on their parade.

Cheer for us loudly westbulldog.

Bulldog Joe
29-08-2022, 10:25 PM
I feel the resurrection of 2016

Bulldogs by plenty

First goal Naughton
BOG - Bailey Dale

Bulldog4life
30-08-2022, 10:30 AM
I feel the resurrection of 2016

Bulldogs by plenty

First goal Naughton
BOG - Bailey Dale

Yeah. At the start of the 2016 campaign before we faced West Coast we were 67/1 for the premiership. So wish I had got on board. Before we face Freo we are 34/1 for the premiership. Gotta be something there we can hang our hat on.

BornInDroopSt'54
30-08-2022, 01:42 PM
"Perth area Saturday:
Cloudy. Very high (90%) chance of showers. The chance of a thunderstorm. Winds easterly 25 to 35 km/h".

GVGjr
30-08-2022, 06:06 PM
We have to get off to a solid start and keep the scoreboard ticking over.
I don't care if we end up losing by a big margin as it really doesn't matter but we must go into this game with a positive intent.

Dogs by 21 points
First goal by Weightman
BOG: Hunter

azabob
30-08-2022, 08:13 PM
Reports Fyfe has a hamstring injury.

angelopetraglia
30-08-2022, 08:29 PM
Reports Fyfe has a hamstring injury.

Now confirmed by the Fremantle Football Club. Fyfe officially is out. Repeat. Fyfe is out.

https://www.fremantlefc.com.au/news/1210906

Fremantle captain Nat Fyfe will miss this weekend’s Elimination Final against the Western Bulldogs after scans revealed a hamstring injury to his right leg.

Fyfe sustained the injury in training before scans late on Monday confirmed the hamstring strain.

It’s the opposite leg to the left hamstring injury Fyfe sustained in Fremantle’s round 19 draw against Richmond, which saw him sidelined for three games before returning in the round 23 win over GWS.

Executive General Manager of Football Peter Bell said a timeline had not been placed on Fyfe’s return.

“These hamstring strain injuries are very much a case-by-case basis for each individual,” Bell said.

“We won’t have a timeline just yet on Nathan’s return, but we are hopeful that we will see him feature at some point in the upcoming finals series.”

Happy Days
30-08-2022, 08:39 PM
Fyfe was garbáge last week. This doesn’t really change anything.

angelopetraglia
30-08-2022, 08:41 PM

The man is only 30. If he had another two weeks of good training and improved he could be potentially dangerous. In a big game, Nat Fyfe is dangerous even on one leg. You need to respect him. The man is a freak.

I'm happy he aint playing. Just his presence would lift them too.

Grantysghost
30-08-2022, 08:42 PM
He was out when they played and beat us at Marvel too.
Doesnt change anything for me either.

angelopetraglia
30-08-2022, 08:46 PM
Fyfe's injury was a new hamstring tear on his "good" leg. I know he has not been a factor this year, but I'm still happy he is out.

Sedat
30-08-2022, 09:12 PM
Fyfe has been an excellent wet weather player his entire career. Freo have some decisions to make as to who they replace him with.

angelopetraglia
30-08-2022, 09:17 PM
Fyfe has been an excellent wet weather player his entire career. Freo have some decisions to make as to who they replace him with.

The class players always stand out in the wet. They don't fumble. They keep their feet. Their skill stands out even more.

jeemak
30-08-2022, 09:27 PM
The class players always stand out in the wet. They don't fumble. They keep their feet. Their skill stands out even more.

Yep, and hopefully Freo have been busy thinking about how they were going to fit him in rather than worrying about how to account for him not being there in wet conditions.

Bulldog4life
31-08-2022, 04:10 PM
We have to get off to a solid start and keep the scoreboard ticking over.
I don't care if we end up losing by a big margin as it really doesn't matter but we must go into this game with a positive intent.

Dogs by 21 points
First goal by Weightman
BOG: Hunter

Not quite with you there G.

GVGjr
31-08-2022, 04:14 PM
Not quite with you there G.

I obviously want us to win but it won't make any difference to me if we lose by 15 or 50 points and I will take any win we can muster as a positive sign.

Mantis
01-09-2022, 01:52 PM
I obviously want us to win but it won't make any difference to me if we lose by 15 or 50 points and I will take any win we can muster as a positive sign.

If we put in a meek performance and get beaten by 50 points this thread will be more off tap than what the Essendon nuffies on bomberblitz can create.

*insert gif of someone eating popcorn like crazy!

Sedat
01-09-2022, 02:30 PM
If we put in a meek performance and get beaten by 50 points this thread will be more off tap
Rightly so I reckon, based on the talent levels in our squad and our inconsistent and sub-par performance YTD (notwithstanding the unbalanced nature of our overall list).

FWIW, I think we can win this weekend and make some inroads in September. I'm glad Bevo and the players have continued to chase the season and not thrown the towel in, which would have really been meek and deeply unsatisfactory for a team who is currently "in the window" according to their own assessment.

Axe Man
01-09-2022, 06:35 PM
- Taberner doubtful
- Is Longmuir playing games saying Lobb will play second ruck when Logue did it last time?
- Expecting a more contested game than last time, lets hope we bring it.

Will the Dockers pick up the Tab? JL muses tall call (https://www.afl.com.au/news/833031/will-the-dockers-pick-up-the-tab-jl-muses-tall-call)

FREMANTLE has cleared tall duo Rory Lobb and Griffin Logue to return in Saturday night's elimination final against the Western Bulldogs but is yet to make a call on spearhead Matt Taberner.

Taberner has not featured since suffering a calf injury in round 21 and appears doubtful to return for the clash at Optus Stadium, with coach Justin Longmuir conceding he would need to play reduced minutes.

With captain Nat Fyfe a confirmed omission due to a hamstring injury, the Dockers were still weighing up how to get enough aerial presence in attack, with Lobb to resume as a forward/ruckman now he was over his shoulder issue.

"I can say that Lobb and Logue have got up. They've had a good couple of weeks training. But we've still got to work through that one (Taberner)," Longmuir said on Thursday.

"Lobby's going to play second ruck, so we just need to make sure we can get a good contest forward of centre … we lose a bit of that with Fyfey going out of the team.

"It's whether we go a medium size or a tall, or we just go small and back the guys we've got at ground level."

Longmuir said the medical substitute rule did come into consideration with selection, given it softened the blow if a player was injured within a game.

He insisted, however, that Taberner would only play if declared 100 per cent fit by medical staff.

Bailey Banfield shapes as a medium forward option if Taberner is unavailable, while Ruckman Lloyd Meek was also used against Greater Western Sydney in round 23.

Fyfe is set to have a role in the coaches' box on game day, with Longmuir proud of the way the captain has put his own injury setback to the side this week.

"He's done a really good job of putting on a brave face around the players and not letting his disappointment affect others. That's a sign of good leadership," the coach said.

"I'm sure deep down he's disappointed he's not playing and flat with the inconsistency he's had throughout the year with his body.

"But he's been able to mask that, impart his experience and knowledge on others, and not impose his frustration on others."

The Bulldogs suffered a significant injury blow of their own this week when Tom Liberatore was ruled out with a hamstring injury.

Longmuir said the stoppage specialist's absence did not change a lot for Fremantle, given the depth of the Bulldogs' midfield and their ability to replace Liberatore with other quality onballers.

"I probably expect that (Josh) Dunkley or (Marcus) Bontempelli or (Adam) Treloar or (Bailey) Smith will just take a bit more responsibility around stoppage," the coach said.

"They're a pretty good collective and I think with their stoppage and clearance work in general they do it as a collective and don't rely on one person."

The Dockers were preparing to be drawn into a more contested game than their round 21 clash, which saw the Bulldogs concede a massive 140 uncontested marks to their opponents.

"We've been preparing for that and we're ready for it," Longmuir said.

"Our game style is proven through the year. We can win with 60 uncontested marks and we can win with 150.

"It's more about taking what the opposition gives us rather than game plan sometimes.

"I know our best footy is good enough, so we've just got to make sure we produce that."

SonofScray
01-09-2022, 07:58 PM
Rightly so I reckon, based on the talent levels in our squad and our inconsistent and sub-par performance YTD (notwithstanding the unbalanced nature of our overall list).

FWIW, I think we can win this weekend and make some inroads in September. I'm glad Bevo and the players have continued to chase the season and not thrown the towel in, which would have really been meek and deeply unsatisfactory for a team who is currently "in the window" according to their own assessment.

They better not pull out a finals performance like that one against the Giants in 2019, with Libba out and on the balance of the season so far, you couldn't be confident they won't.

But, the flip side, a strong performance and win feels just as likely too for me. It is the in between results that would surprise me ,ore than either of those scenarios.

Axe Man
02-09-2022, 06:25 PM
Mick McGuane previews Fremantle v Western Bulldogs elimination final (https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/news/afl-finals-mick-mcguane-previews-melbourne-v-sydney-qualifying-final/news-story/56b734cdcb90ca17a620f7798d6346f7)

FREMANTLE

HOW THEY PLAY

The Dockers play a strong, defensive brand built on a disciplined and compact team defence under Justin Longmuir. But strength in and around the contest is also a strength of the team. They are a kick-mark team that advances the ball down the ground. It is their intent to control the tempo of the game and not take too many risks. Getting strong field position through contest and stoppage wins is a priority as they want to have a strong front-half game. That makes them hard to score against.

THE KEY

The strength of Fremantle is their miserly defence. The Bulldogs will want to keep the ball in motion, but the Dockers will defend the ground really well. All 18 players on the field accept and play their role in spatial defence. Luke Ryan and Alex Pearce are their traffic cops. They are the two who help organise the players in front of them to ensure they fill their positions in their defensive structure. Having assertive instruction and equal gap control within their set up is important as it will stifle the Bulldogs ball movement to penetrate the game. Another asset is the team’s forward 50 pressure. Lachie Schultz, Sam Switkowski, Michael Walters and Bailey Banfield are all important to the team’s defensive structure because that frontline of defence is where it all starts — pressure at the source. Without it, any defence can be exposed and especially against a ball-movement team like the Bulldogs.

THE THEME

Switching gears. The Dockers have got to be prepared to flip between modes of attack. There will be a time when the game calls for more attacking speed as well as going into their kick-mark tempo control. Fremantle must be adaptable when it comes to switching from one mode to the other. The Bulldogs prefer a frenetic, breakneck speed type of game where they can apply great pressure and invite mistakes from Fremantle to generate their turnover game. The Dockers have shown deficiencies when great pressure is applied because their kicking is questionable under pressure. We will find out about the maturity of the group, particularly with ball in hand as to what mode of attack they use and at what stage of the game they use it. The last time they met the Dogs in round 21 they had 129 uncontested marks — an example of them defending with the footy, marching the ball down the ground at will and scoring. But don’t expect them to be allowed that luxury in this all-important cutthroat final.

THE CHALLENGE

Where do the goals come from? Can Fremantle’s diverse and unconventional forward line stand up and find a way to kick a winning score? That’s probably the Dockers’ biggest knock because they have only averaged 79 points, which is 12th in the competition. Rory Lobb is crucial for them. He is their No. 1 goalkicker with 34 for the year. With Matt Taberner out, Griffin Logue is another who can potentially play forward as a swingman. Lobb, Schultz (28), Michael Frederick (26), Taberner (23), Walters (20) and Banfield (18) are their top goalscorers — four smalls among them — so that’s why it’s quite an unconventional attack. The Dockers must master what they do with the footy. First, is their efficiency, how often they score once inside 50. Second, is their ball movement from their defensive 50 to forward 50. Luke Ryan, Hayden Young and Brandon Walker must be prepared to take the game on aggressive kicks out of defence to get the ball into dangerous areas where they can challenge the Bulldogs defensively, but also give themselves the best chance to hit the scoreboard.

IF I WERE DOCKERS

This will be dependent on where Sam Darcy plays, but Alex Pearce should line-up on Aaron Naughton and Brennan Cox then goes to Darcy. Cox can then roll off Darcy — if he is not a usable option — to help the Naughton v Pearce match-up because Cox is a terrific spoiler. Fremantle must get the ball into the hands of Ryan and Young as much as possible to kickstart their offence out of D50 because they are great distributors. Those two generally make the right decision, but more importantly they execute that opportunity. With Liberatore out, they don’t need to tag, but they need to be conscious of the right match-up for Marcus Bontempelli if he spends 30-40 per cent time forward. Ryan is an undersized defender, but I would be giving him the job. Sean Darcy must push hard forward to expose Tim English defensively in an attempt to add another avenue to goal

WESTERN BULLDOGS

HOW THEY PLAY

The Bulldogs are a high volume team that rely heavily on their midfield group to set-up their game style. At their best, they have a great ability to chain the ball out of congestion with efficient handball to put a teammate into space, who then becomes the kicker for the team. This is all due to having terrific contested ball-winning talent and structure in and around the stoppages. They love to attack the game at speed in order to get high inside forward 50 entries to give their forwards ample opportunity to hit the scoreboard.

THE KEY

The Bulldogs must improve defending the ground — this is where they have been too inconsistent in 2022. Denying the Dockers their kick-mark game style will be pivotal in this contest. They must force errors and generate turnovers. In their round 21 meeting, the Dockers were allowed to “walk” the ball down the ground far too easily. Luke Beveridge would be concerned with the ease Fremantle marked the ball that day and the Dogs would have done plenty of work on delivering a tighter, more compact team defence. How they defend the Fremantle small forwards will also be important. Schultz, Frederick, Walters, Banfield and Switkowski all have the capacity to hit the scoreboard. From rounds 15 to 23, the Bulldogs defence conceded 86.3 points per game — ranking them 13th in the league — and the opposition score per inside 50 percentage is one in four (14th). So either defensively one-on-one, Alex Keath, Ryan Gardner, Zaine Cordy, Bailey Dale and Tim Richards are too easy to play against or there is not enough pressure up the ground, giving the opposition easy entry and chance to hit the scoreboard. So, their defence overall needs to lift and be more ruthless against the Dockers.

THE THEME

To hunt with grunt. Beveridge does a great job getting into the psyche of his players and his message needs to be about hunting the footy with intent. The Bulldogs need to focus on winning the contest, winning clearance and turning it into a territory game. But it will only start if their midfield really gets after the footy post-clearance as well. I have no doubt in this game the ball will find itself on the ground a lot. And that should bode well for the Bulldogs as it is a strength of their midfield group. They must dominate this aspect of the game. They are without Tom Liberatore, who is their best inside ball winner. They will miss his toughness and clearance wins. But now that responsibility rolls over to Bontempelli, Josh Dunkley and, to a lesser degree, Jack Macrae. They need to master this facet of the game against Andrew Brayshaw, Caleb Serong and Will Brodie, who — as a group — have had a terrific year. They must be prepared to get from contest-to-contest and outnumber their opposition and win the ball in loose or contested ball situations. The Bulldogs have got a free finals hit on the back of Collingwood’s final-round result over Carlton, so they just need to release the shackles, hunt with grunt and really assault the footy.

THE CHALLENGE

Mastering their attack. It has been an area of concern for them for most of the year, but when you are coming up against a miserly defence, they have to get it right. The Bulldogs will own enough of the footy to give their forwards ample opportunity to kick a winning score. Their highest inside 50 players are Bontempelli and Macrae and both need their “money kick” to hit targets when entering inside 50 against the Dockers defence. Gaining territory won’t be a problem, but how they enter against the defence that is in front of them will be important. Having half the number of F50 marks compared to Fremantle in their Rd 21 match cannot be replicated again. Ball use and decision making when going inside 50 has to be mastered in this all-important game. The Bulldogs might revert to a high kick-to-handball ratio, which is generally not their go-to, particularly if the rain that is forecast eventuates. They will have to use their feet more in wet conditions, which will complicate their efficiency even more.

IF I WERE THE BULLDOGS

Bontempelli can have a huge influence on this game, not only through the midfield, but also as a forward. If I was Bevo, I would be looking at a 70 per cent midfield to 30 per cent forward split. He has got the capacity to hit the scoreboard as a midfielder, but can also do damage as a forward. Bontempelli can be there as another option to take the pressure off Naughton and also Darcy, if he plays forward. Not only does he give them another avenue to goal, he thinks for others in order to manipulate space within their forward structure. He becomes a weapon at forward 50 stoppages with his leadership and his guile to manufacture scores from the stoppages he attends. Lobb will be a focal point and it will be interesting to see if Cordy gets a crack or if he turns to Gardner, allowing Cordy — or others — to come across and spoil. Gardner plays taller and he should get the match-up. In the absence of Libertore, Dunkley must assume the role as their number 1 inside midfielder and become the most dominant clearance player on the ground

bornadog
03-09-2022, 11:32 AM
How good is it to have tree talls in Naughton 22 years old, Marra 20 and Darcy 19 as our three big talls. Never have we seen such great young talent in the forward line. Add in Weightman 21 years old.

GVGjr
03-09-2022, 11:39 AM
How good is it to have tree talls in Naughton 22 years old, Marra 20 and Darcy 19 as our three big talls. Never have we seen such great young talent in the forward line. Add in Weightman 21 years old.

All first round and top 10 picks. Naughton is producing but the other two we are impressed by their potential. It's going to take some time though.

GVGjr
03-09-2022, 12:15 PM
Does McLean get a specific role tonight or will he more than likely be that forward who takes some turns in the midfield like he has in previous years?

I'm cautions on expectations given he has played so little football but I'm genuinely looking forward to a solid McLean contribution.
Can he sneak one of those around the neck free kicks that results in a goal for us that he is famous for?

jeemak
03-09-2022, 12:55 PM
I think we see Toby on a wing and as you suggest, the half forward rolling up to increase numbers at the stoppage.

To me these rolls balance out his skills versus his needing to be eased into things a little. We need all of our regular midfielders to get their hands dirty at different times to cover Libba's loss, though contrary to some pundits I reckon Jacko is the one most capable of extracting the footy and using quick hands to release the others.

angelopetraglia
03-09-2022, 01:49 PM
Still looks pretty gloomy in perth. Live webcam overlooking Optus https://www.skylinewebcams.com/en/webcam/australia/western-australia/perth/perth.html

westbulldog
03-09-2022, 02:25 PM
Grey skies here in Perth, overnight rain and steady rain this morning, windy and chilly at 11.25am wst.

westbulldog
03-09-2022, 02:40 PM
Nearly one year ago we were 1 1/2 quarters away from being premiers. Time for Astro and English to show WA what they missed. No giving them uncontested possessions today.
Dogs by 10 points
First goal Sam Darcy
BOG Jack Macrae

GO DOGS !

Danny the snakeman
03-09-2022, 02:41 PM
Hopefully this wind pushes the clouds away in the next few hours. Not raining atm.

kruder
03-09-2022, 03:31 PM
Massive game for English, if he is able to limit Dacy's aggression and also utilise his wheels around the ground we can win this one.

We need Bont doing Bont things and 22 contributors but I really think it starts with English.

bornadog
03-09-2022, 04:24 PM
Hopefully this wind pushes the clouds away in the next few hours. Not raining atm.

No rain forecast for afternoon, so hope it stays that way

Bumper Bulldogs
03-09-2022, 04:26 PM
I’m pumped for this one. Really gave a good feeling on the game.

Dogs by 27 points
First goal flea
BOG Bont

Jeanette54
03-09-2022, 07:10 PM
I don't know why, but I feel I am more confident of a Bulldog win than I should be.

Dogs by 5
BOG: Bailey Smith
FG. Cody Weightman

ratsmac
03-09-2022, 07:32 PM
Dogs by 27
First goal- Darcy (why not)
BOG- Bont (one for the ages)

Go Dogs!!

whythelongface
03-09-2022, 08:24 PM
Bring it on.

Dogs by 27
First goal: Bont
BOG: Dale

angelopetraglia
03-09-2022, 08:27 PM
No late change for #AFLFreoDogs
Medi subs: Bailey Banfield (@freodockers) & Robbie McComb (@westernbulldogs)

HOSE B ROMERO
03-09-2022, 08:31 PM
Beginning to feel very tense. So will be watching from the couch drinking a lot of water. A LOT of water. And making a lot of trips to the toilet. The couch, the toilet and a half time walk around the block.

G-Mo77
03-09-2022, 08:47 PM
Looks pretty bloody windy there.

chef
03-09-2022, 08:51 PM
Just need to start well and we'll be fine.

DOG GOD
03-09-2022, 08:55 PM
Just got this feeling kicking for goal from set shots might play a huge part in this result. I can’t see it being high scoring.

BornInDroopSt'54
03-09-2022, 08:58 PM
Good luck WOOFERs, away we go!

MrMahatma
03-09-2022, 09:07 PM
Let’s do this!!

Mantis
03-09-2022, 09:10 PM
Good luck… LFG!!

BornInDroopSt'54
03-09-2022, 09:11 PM
Good luck… LFG!!

To Woofers Mantis, the team will make its own luck.

BornInDroopSt'54
03-09-2022, 09:13 PM
Bont brilliant. The casual lope onto it and th look to the left before slotting it.

jeemak
03-09-2022, 09:14 PM
Fair start from Tobes.

Great finish from the Bont.

Grantysghost
03-09-2022, 09:23 PM
Treloar half back by the looks Toby up wing high forward.

He's had a great start and milked a high free already.

Nope Treloar on ball.

jeemak
03-09-2022, 09:29 PM
Was good of Weightman to go to that contest as the Freo guy lost concentration and that allowed JJ to out body him.

We've started well, just need to keep the intensity up.

GVGjr
03-09-2022, 09:30 PM
Happy to see McLean get off to a positive start. Happy with our positive intent as well.

BornInDroopSt'54
03-09-2022, 09:31 PM
Haha Darcy!!
That'll keep the crowd quiet.

jeemak
03-09-2022, 09:32 PM
How good Darcy.

Great start lads.

angelopetraglia
03-09-2022, 09:33 PM
JJ like a thief in the night. Had to spot that.

BornInDroopSt'54
03-09-2022, 09:38 PM
Bontempelli is so graceful.

Grantysghost
03-09-2022, 09:39 PM
Bontempelli is so graceful.

This is vintage Bont how much better do we look.

Testekill
03-09-2022, 09:41 PM
Looks like we've finally woken up for the first time this season.

angelopetraglia
03-09-2022, 09:41 PM
Wow. Wow. Wow.

You could not have dreamed a better start.

Testekill
03-09-2022, 09:42 PM
Umpire got extremely lucky there

Grantysghost
03-09-2022, 09:44 PM
Prelim v Port stuff.

GVGjr
03-09-2022, 09:44 PM
Great start, Bevo you magnificent bastard.

Mantis
03-09-2022, 09:45 PM
That’s the shit we’ve been wanting all year… awesome start, let’s keep it going!

whythelongface
Looks like we've finally woken up for the first time this season.

The sleeping giant awakes

The Bulldogs Bite
*!*!*!*!ing beautiful dogs.

Keep it going.

Grantysghost

What's the theme this week?

We've done spirit of the Buffalo...

Exorcise your Demons?

whythelongface
03-09-2022, 09:46 PM
That’s the shit we’ve been wanting all year… awesome start, let’s keep it going!

And if we are going to start somewhere let’s make the finals

EasternWest

Needed to turn our total domination into a few more goals, that being said we didn't totally squander our total control.

I'm not taking the lid off yet, but this is easily the most focused we've looked all year. Bont is not messing around.

bornadog
Need to keep working hard

G-Mo77
Well, well, well. Didn't see that coming. What an amazing start

Grantysghost
Anyone still want Lobb?

DOG GOD
Great start. McLean worthy of his selection so far. I’d like to see us hold the ball in a little more inside 50 and ofcourse take opportunities. A lot of inside 50’s that quarter. Just gotta be a little more precise, but looking good so far. Tackling well. I just wish that when Gardner punches, he punches it into the crowd, not 1 metre fwd or behind.

whythelongface
03-09-2022, 09:47 PM
Wow. That was just super. 3 qtrs to go. Let’s keep it up.

EasternWest
Well, well, well. Didn't see that coming. What an amazing start

They look shellshocked too. Really need to keep the pressure on, particularly coming out of the break and crack them.

whythelongface
Anyone still want Lobb?

Based on tonight and what Darcy brings no thanks

bornadog
03-09-2022, 09:48 PM
Ed and Dale haven't had to do too much

josie
Bont doing Bont like things. Would love Marra to clunk a mark, love his efforts. Ditto Naughts. Gardner’s spoils very good. Cordy doing alright. What did Bevo put in the Gatorade?

whythelongface
Keath running freely and has done some nice things

jeemak
03-09-2022, 09:49 PM
As good as this is I'm still laughing at Gary Rohan.

bornadog
Keath running freely and has done some nice things

The week off has helped a few players

Happy Days
Man that was incredible. We lose now then look out im going personal.

Grantysghost
Based on tonight and what Darcy brings no thanks

Agree absolutely have to can that deal.

Testekill
03-09-2022, 09:50 PM
Anyone still want Lobb?

The instant Darcy kicked 2.2 and looked like a massive threat was when I got turned off Lobb. Means we still want to bring in two developing key defenders along with Jones but our forward line looks sorted with the three talls down there.

Grantysghost
Man that was incredible. We lose now then look out im going personal.

Need any tips?

G-Mo77
They look shellshocked too. Really need to keep the pressure on, particularly coming out of the break and crack them.

Yep, need to sharpen that sword at quarter time and get it to work again. Keep the crowd out and put it away

Grantysghost
03-09-2022, 09:56 PM
A goal from breaking them here I feel.

Grantysghost
03-09-2022, 10:00 PM
Take that Jeemak! ;)

G-Mo77
03-09-2022, 10:01 PM
A goal from breaking them here I feel.

That'll hurt them hopefully. They started to get a bit more of the ball

jeemak
03-09-2022, 10:02 PM
Think Marra, Jesus Christ!

G-Mo77
03-09-2022, 10:03 PM
2 pretty ordinary errors there.

Woah, let off the hook

GVGjr
03-09-2022, 10:05 PM
We've had mixed fortunes and haven't really grasped our chance but we are going at full tilt.
If we get the next one we will start to insert some serious doubt in them.

jeemak
03-09-2022, 10:06 PM
How can that possibly not be a free kick to Roarke Smith?

Dumped without the footy.

jeemak
03-09-2022, 10:07 PM
Great grab Marra!

hujsh
03-09-2022, 10:08 PM
Freo supporters all of a sudden don't like when teams chip the ball short

Grantysghost
03-09-2022, 10:08 PM
Freo person thats shown the most passion so far :

https://i.postimg.cc/SRkczjNN/Screenshot-20220903-210703-Google.jpg (https://postimages.org/)

hujsh
03-09-2022, 10:11 PM
Lil wrist grab from Richards

angelopetraglia
03-09-2022, 10:12 PM
Roarke. No your abilities. Just get it forward. Costly.

bornadog
03-09-2022, 10:13 PM
This is just bullshit umpiring. How does Ed get pinged for touching an arm then in the goal square he is tackled without the ball.

angelopetraglia
03-09-2022, 10:13 PM
Zero goals in 36 minutes. Two goals in under 30 seconds.

Grantysghost
03-09-2022, 10:14 PM
This is just bullshit umpiring

Ed was taken out there for sure.

G-Mo77
03-09-2022, 10:14 PM
Don't like what I'm seeing this quarter. We've been lucky they've missed some howlers

DOG GOD
03-09-2022, 10:17 PM
We are under siege

angelopetraglia
03-09-2022, 10:19 PM
Far too easy

Mantis
How easy was that.

jeemak
That is *!*!*!*!ing pathetic defencive work Dogs. He's a lefty, guard his left *!*!*!*!ing side.

Grantysghost
All good they'll spend their energy getting back.

We just need to keep it ticking over.

DOG GOD
This reminds me of the Geelong game

kruder
English behind at the stoppage 3 times in a row

GVGjr
03-09-2022, 10:20 PM
Business has just gotten a lot busier. Need to steady now for the balance of the quarter and rip one back from them.

jeemak
03-09-2022, 10:21 PM
How can you *!*!*!*!ing pay that!

Commentators barracking. This is shit.

DOG GOD
03-09-2022, 10:21 PM
Freo SHOULD be infront

Grantysghost
03-09-2022, 10:22 PM
That is not a mark. Ever.

angelopetraglia
It all started with us trying to over finesse the ball, which wa a different to how we started. The Roarke smith turnover when we were in complete control change the entire momentum of the game.

The Bulldogs Bite
This team. You knew this would happen.

EasternWest
03-09-2022, 10:23 PM
Well. As per usual our inability to real establish scoreboard pressure has let them back into it.

We really need an avenue to goal that isn't scrambled around ball in the forward line.

The Bulldogs Bite
Some disgraceful efforts.

Naughton worst on ground.

Sedat
English can't even ruck at stoppages against 2nd stringers

DOG GOD
I wish we could actually get the ball from a scrummage.

jeemak
03-09-2022, 10:24 PM
Well. As per usual our inability to real establish scoreboard pressure has let them back into it.

We really need an avenue to goal that isn't scrambled around ball in the forward line.

Our forwards are lazy or not sufficiently conditioned to work as hard as they need to for space to open up.

josie
How was that HTB against Caleb? Umpiring poor.

DOG GOD
Some disgraceful efforts.

Naughton worst on ground.

I agree. He, Jamarra and Darcy not doing much

G-Mo77

Sadly it's always in the back of my mind when we take a lead.

Crowd is involved now, it's going to take our best effort now.

ReLoad
Just lolz.

I’m 100% certain we’re the Harlem globetrotters.

SonofScray
03-09-2022, 10:26 PM
We’ve stuffed it. This is emblematic of this squad. Very capable. Capable of grinding to a halt, then getting scored on very heavily, in quick succession.

G-Mo77
I agree. He, Jamarra and Darcy not doing much

They're jumping over each other, every contest they're competing. One up, one draws their opponent away

DOG GOD

At quarter time I got a text from a Pies mate saying see ya next week. I said to him it will be 6 goals to 4 at half time…no joke.

jazzadogs
Well I hope the message is - you DOMINATED them with pressure for 40 minutes. Bring that again and you win this game.

We got tired and lazy, and they got a few lucky breaks. Still 15 points up at half time of an elimination final.

bornadog
03-09-2022, 10:27 PM
How was that HTB against Caleb? Umpiring poor.

Some really poor umpiring, that was another rubbish decision.

1eyedog
Need to make a statement in the third quarter.

The Bulldogs Bite
We’ve stuffed it. This is emblematic of this squad. Very capable. Capable of grinding to a halt, then getting scored on very heavily, in quick succession.

It was similar to the GF capitulation. Completely on top to panic.

Only difference is we've still got time.

DOG GOD
Well I hope the message is - you DOMINATED them with pressure for 40 minutes. Bring that again and you win this game.

We got tired and lazy, and they got a few lucky breaks. Still 15 points up at half time of an elimination final.

And if we remain tired ? We used a lot of petrol in that quarter and a half.

DOG GOD
03-09-2022, 10:28 PM
A crowd decision

angelopetraglia

We thought it would all come too easy. Some easy options. Decided to not go as hard. Started to believe we were better than we were.

This team when it believes it just can win on skill and flair … LOSES. It needs to bring the pressure, the intensity and hunger to allow the skill and flair to show. That’s how it works for us.

macca

We butchered the ball delivering into 50 m in the last 10 mins of that 2nd quarter. High ball for pack mark, no chance of getting the ball then . Freo rebounds and kicks 3 goals. So predictable.

Teams just need to wait for our crap 50 m pressure.

What has VDM offered today ?

JJ needs to start tackling freo players instead of trying to dance on his front toes.

Freo lift some of their work rate and we crumble.

MrMahatma
A few fumbles and almost moments. It’s not panic stations. They’ve come back as expected. Need to be clean and we win

Scorlibo
03-09-2022, 10:29 PM

Been shocking. Need to grind this out now with an emphasis on competing more aggressively at the stoppages.

Bullies
We also have a few players under done which won't help in the last half - Toby, JJ, Keath.

THis is going to take some effort.

Didn't like the way they walked off the ground. The body language wasnt good.

BornInDroopSt'54
At quarter time I got a text from a Pies mate saying see ya next week. I said to him it will be 6 goals to 4 at half time…no joke.

Me same w/o the prediction.

HOSE B ROMERO
need astro and tiny to lift. Either of them have a big 3rd qtr and we win.

Bullies
The worst part we could lose this by 10 goals.

EasternWest
03-09-2022, 10:30 PM
Is someone going to mention that when their back was just about broken Bont had an easy set shot and fluffed it?

Mitcha
03-09-2022, 10:31 PM
No problem with the effort and intent tonight but quite simply we don't get bang for buck when dominating sides. Keeping them and the crowd in it. Getting nothing from our three tall forwards.

chef
03-09-2022, 10:31 PM
Is someone going to mention that when their back was just about broken Bont had an easy set shot and fluffed it?

That was going to be my moment.

Bullies
03-09-2022, 10:32 PM
We butchered the ball delivering into 50 m in the last 10 mins of that 2nd quarter. High ball for pack mark, no chance of getting the ball then . Freo rebounds and kicks 3 goals. So predictable.

Teams just need to wait for our crap 50 m pressure.

What has VDM offered today ?

JJ needs to start tackling freo players instead of trying to dance on his front toes.

Freo lift some of their work rate and we crumble. PLease tell what VDM offers this team and cut the pressure act crap.

Grantysghost
I think we'd all take this half time score prior to the game.

Freo have spent some tickets, hopefully a lot!

I still think we will get the job done but need to get more out of a few.
Dale 5 touches. Treloar been missing, he is a concern for me.
Brayshaw needs to be locked down too I'd give McLean a role or Roarke.

bornadog
I just can't see what VDM offers.

jeemak
03-09-2022, 10:33 PM

Only 6 to 4? I'd have thought you'd have said something like 6 to 10! :)

The Bulldogs Bite

It was a bad miss but didn't Dunks kick one after it?

We got way too cute, Hunter and Caleb two of the culprits, and we dropped our intensity.

Sedat
Very poor miss but he has been majestic in this game aside from that. Dunks has also been massive.

Not a fan of Treloar's hack kicks out of the stoppages without composure.

Grantysghost
PLease tell what VDM offers this team and cut the pressure act crap.

14 to half time he's on world record pace!

jeemak
03-09-2022, 10:34 PM

I've been ignoring it because he's been massive but to me it's why he'll never be the superstar he's made out to be. Just doesn't kick the ones he needs to.

bornadog
03-09-2022, 10:34 PM
We must deliver in the Fwd 50 alot better. We can't keep hoping the talls will take a screamer.

Grantysghost
03-09-2022, 10:35 PM
I've been ignoring it because he's been massive but to me it's why he'll never be the superstar he's made out to be. Just doesn't kick the ones he needs to.

I text a mate prior and said 1 in 10 chance.

Why doesn't he just play on!

bornadog
03-09-2022, 10:35 PM

Haha, Jee he is a Super star

FrediKanoute
03-09-2022, 10:37 PM
I just can't see what VDM offers.

In a game like this where its tight and no space......I agree.

This game has shades of the GF. We are struggling to score going forward and using the swarm approach - it looks great, but gee that final kick in the forward line is not pretty. Happy with a lead at half time, but this game is far from over. Need to come out hard in the 3rd - 6g 6b, this game should be iced.

jeemak
03-09-2022, 10:37 PM
Need to get some genuine quick drive out of defence to the open side here and there and take the pressure off, open up the ground.

While the forwards are letting us down, we'll always be in it if we are disciplined around the ball, don't fall over ourselves and don't sucked in en masse to the loose ball. Hold our width.

So frustrating how we can revert to our poorer selves in the blink of an eye.

whythelongface
03-09-2022, 10:38 PM
We will be ok. Freo were always going to come at us. We need to be 20 points up at 3/4 qtr time.

jeemak
Haha, Jee he is a Super star

Who doesn't kick the goals he should when he should.

He is absolutely elite, but the very very best don't miss the goals he does.

Bullies
I think we'd all take this half time score prior to the game.

Freo have spent some tickets, hopefully a lot!

I still think we will get the job done but need to get more out of a few.
Dale 5 touches. Treloar been missing, he is a concern for me.
Brayshaw needs to be locked down too I'd give McLean a role or Roarke. Absolutely you would have taken it but just not with this momentum swing.

FrediKanoute
03-09-2022, 10:39 PM

Fair point. He kicks his third at the start of the second and who knows what happens from there.....

Grantysghost
03-09-2022, 10:39 PM

I'm still angry about the 2015 EF miss.

jeemak
03-09-2022, 10:40 PM
Fair point. He kicks his third at the start of the second and who knows what happens from there.....

He's like a basketballer who is amazing in open play but can't be relied upon from the free throw line. Frustrating and still amazing, but just that bit off.

Grantysghost
03-09-2022, 10:40 PM
We will be ok. Freo were always going to come at us. We need to be 20 points up at 3/4 qtr time.

How many goals do you thing we need WTLF?

I'm saying 12.

The Bulldogs Bite
03-09-2022, 10:41 PM
So why didn't Naughton go back late in the quarter? Hasn't touched it forward and we were under siege with a lack of pressure. Should have gone back.

SonofScray
03-09-2022, 10:41 PM
Feels a bit harsh to me. He absolutely has kicked the ones he needed to tonight.
Via Twitter.

Bont at halftime:
19 touches @ 73%
8 contested
2 goals
16 pressure acts
6 tackles
7 marks
6 score involvements
467 metres gained
5 intercepts
2 clearances
2 inside 50’s

westbulldog
03-09-2022, 10:42 PM

19 possessions to half time, 2 goals, 7 marks, 6 tackles and 2 clearances, just leave it at "absolutely elite"

DOG GOD
03-09-2022, 10:42 PM
The start we needed

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
03-09-2022, 10:43 PM
Needed that start!

angelopetraglia
Dunkley. Pressure. JJ. Yes. Perfect start.

Mantis
The start we wanted.

Great tackle by Dunks.

Grantysghost
JJ!!

DOG GOD
Only 6 to 4? I'd have thought you'd have said something like 6 to 10! :)

Haha maybe for end of game

jeemak
That's it lads.

Great pressure from Dunkley working up, and awesome from Cody to stay in it and give us a chance, very clever from JJ with the finish.

Come on Doggies!!

hujsh
That's why we need to keep Dunks

jeemak
03-09-2022, 10:44 PM
Dunks with ten tackles.

Someone wanted to trade him.

angelopetraglia
Dunkley is a beast.

DOG GOD
We just have to be manic with pressure, use skilful kicking and decision making, and take the crowd out of the game. And hold those tackles.

hujsh
03-09-2022, 10:48 PM
Dunks with ten tackles.

Someone wanted to trade him.

We'll never know who though

Mantis
03-09-2022, 10:49 PM
Why is Cordy always 15m in front and then scrambling to get back and doesn’t impact the contest?

DOG GOD
03-09-2022, 10:50 PM
Why is Cordy always 15m in front and then scrambling to get back and doesn’t impact the contest?

It’s infuriating isn’t it.

angelopetraglia
Hunter with time and space. Costly.

jeemak
We'll never know who though

Somebody handsome I'd say.

Mantis
Hunter’s ball use is abysmal.

hujsh
03-09-2022, 10:51 PM
Somebody handsome I'd say.

No I'm pretty sure it wasn't EW

DOG GOD
03-09-2022, 10:52 PM
English looks absolutely knackered.

jeemak
03-09-2022, 10:53 PM
Richards is shitting me. Not being simple with first options.

hujsh
We're certain there's no use for Lobb?

FrediKanoute
Not good enough! - VDM - drops easy exit kick on wing - Dockers goal...........

jeemak
03-09-2022, 10:54 PM
Are we still putting shit on Rory Lobb?

The Bulldogs Bite
*!*!*!*!ing get off Richards

angelopetraglia
Vanda. Costs you a goal. How does he get a game? How?

DOG GOD
We look tired.

Grantysghost
Bailey Dale playing?

Mantis
Ed… you’re doing my head in!

1eyedog
VDM lolz

jeemak
03-09-2022, 10:55 PM
Come on Ed, get your noggin in it.

jeemak
03-09-2022, 10:55 PM
Great grab Roarke.

DOG GOD
03-09-2022, 10:56 PM
VDM lolz

And he plays ahead of West ;)

jeemak
03-09-2022, 10:59 PM
How's Keath's last minute?

Grantysghost
Keath would like those two moments back.

Mantis
No your limitations Alex.

DOG GOD
We are making stupid, stupid decisions putting ourselves under pressure.

hujsh
How's Keath's last minute?

Worst of his life

angelopetraglia
Keath is a massive liability.

DOG GOD
Sign him up

The Bulldogs Bite
*!*!*!*! this team.

Mantis
Darcy is about 3 years away from being what Lobb is now.

bornadog
03-09-2022, 11:00 PM
Turnovers killing us. Keath useless, VDM can't mark

DOG GOD
03-09-2022, 11:01 PM
Keath is a massive liability.

Shouldn’t have played

DOG GOD
03-09-2022, 11:01 PM
Turnovers killing us. Keath useless, VDM can't mark

And both shouldn’t be playing.

DOG GOD
03-09-2022, 11:03 PM
Can someone please just take a mark

DOG GOD
03-09-2022, 11:04 PM
Why is their fwd line so open and ours congested ?

dadsgirl16
Why do our forwards always fly for the same mark ??? Does my head in

Mitcha
They're running on top of the ground, we have snorkel and flippers on, game over.

Mantis
03-09-2022, 11:06 PM
Vandermeer isn’t very good at this football stuff.

He can run fast though.

DOG GOD
03-09-2022, 11:07 PM
Playing absolutely dumb football.

jeemak
Classic example of how stupid and lazy our forwards are.

Someone just needed to run at Treloar then but instead they all ran back to the same place. Dumb as shit.

Grantysghost
Hunter playing well.

Weightman is not.

FrediKanoute
Why can we not hit a target inside 50

DOG GOD
03-09-2022, 11:08 PM
We are so tired we will be lucky to score in the last haha

DOG GOD
03-09-2022, 11:08 PM
Classic example of how stupid and lazy our forwards are.

Someone just needed to run at Treloar then but instead they all ran back to the same place. Dumb as shit.

Who’s our fwd coach ?

DOG GOD
03-09-2022, 11:12 PM
I think I’d rather McComb than Vanders…ping that hammy.

Grantysghost
Vanders having an absolute mare.

Time to fake an injury.

angelopetraglia
Vanda. Why is he playing? Surely West is giving more in those situations? He is just a dumb footballer.

jeemak
Vandermeer FFS. Just please stop doing whatever it is you're thinking of doing and do the opposite. Please, my sanity can't take this anymore.

FrediKanoute
Good game of footy though!

kruder
VDM proving he is not a forward. Again….

1eyedog
Vanders having an absolute mare.

Time to fake an injury.

Yeah get McComb on