PDA

View Full Version : AFL Game Day Finals 2022

Pages : [1] 2 3

Eastdog
21-08-2022, 10:42 PM
https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-finals-fixture-2022-who-plays-who-schedule-bracket-dates-venues-times-tv-how-it-works-when-is-the-grand-final/news-story/19d2ed3163b08ddb8b36384522d9cfbb

AFL 2022 FINALS FIXTURE - WEEK 1 (All times AEST)

Thursday September 1, 7:20pm at the Gabba
Second Elimination Final: (6) Brisbane Lions v (7) Richmond

Friday September 2, 7:50pm at the MCG
Second Qualifying Final: (2) Melbourne v (3) Sydney Swans

Saturday September 3, 4:35pm at the MCG
First Qualifying Final: (1) Geelong Cats v (4) Collingwood

Saturday September 3, 8:10pm at Optus Stadium
First Elimination Final: (5) Fremantle v (8) Western Bulldogs

AFL 2022 FINALS FIXTURE - WEEK 2 (All times AEST)

To be played September 9-10 - Details confirmed after Week 1 of finals
First Semi Final: (Geelong Cats v Collingwood loser) v (Fremantle v Western Bulldogs winner)
MCG, Day/Time TBC (likely Saturday)

Second Semi Final: (Melbourne v Sydney Swans loser) v (Brisbane Lions v Richmond winner)
MCG/SCG, Day/Time TBC (likely Friday)

AFL 2022 FINALS FIXTURE - WEEK 3 (All times AEST)

To be played September 16-17 - Details confirmed after Week 1 of finals
First Preliminary Final: (Geelong Cats v Collingwood winner) v (Melbourne/Sydney Swans v Brisbane Lions/Richmond semi-final winner)
MCG, Day/Time TBC (likely Friday)

Second Preliminary Final: (Melbourne v Sydney Swans winner) v (Geelong Cats/Collingwood v Fremantle/Western Bulldogs semi-final winner)
MCG/SCG, Day/Time TBC (likely Saturday)

WHEN IS THE AFL GRAND FINAL?

The AFL finals series starts on Thursday September 1, following the pre-finals bye, which returns for 2022.

The 2022 AFL Grand Final is scheduled for Saturday September 24, returning to the MCG for the first time since 2019.

HOW THE AFL FINALS SYSTEM WORKS

The winners of the two qualifying finals advance to host the two preliminary finals, while two teams are eliminated each week until the Grand Final.

The loser of the First Qualifying Final (Geelong v Collingwood) hosts the winner of the First Elimination Final (Fremantle v Western Bulldogs) in the First Semi Final.

The loser of the Second Qualifying Final (Melbourne v Sydney) hosts the winner of the Second Elimination Final (Brisbane v Richmond) in the Second Semi Final.

The winner of the First Qualifying Final (Geelong v Collingwood) hosts the winner of the Second Semi Final (Melbourne/Sydney v Brisbane/Richmond) in the First Preliminary Final.

The winner of the Second Qualifying Final (Melbourne v Sydney) hosts the winner of the First Semi Final (Geelong Cats/Collingwood v Fremantle/Western Bulldogs) in the Second Preliminary Final.

The winners of the two Preliminary Finals face off in the 2022 AFL Grand Final.

bornadog
21-08-2022, 11:21 PM
Who is going to Perth?

angelopetraglia
21-08-2022, 11:38 PM
Who is going to Perth?

Would love to. Can't make it due to a clash with my son's finals basketball game. I could get reward points flights home but not to Perth. It would have cost nearly $3K to fly the family over one way (four of us). Perth is really hard to get to for just one night and expensive.

Grantysghost
21-08-2022, 11:51 PM
Who is going to Perth?

If I can swing a work trip there for a “workshop” then yes.

bornadog
22-08-2022, 09:55 AM
If I can swing a work trip there for a “workshop” then yes.

I looked at airline plus accommodation and expenses - could cost up to $2k - so I think I will stay home

Grantysghost
22-08-2022, 12:39 PM
I looked at airline plus accommodation and expenses - could cost up to $2k - so I think I will stay home

I looked at flights to Launceston way too late ( 2 weeks before the game ) and it was 800 dollars minimum return.

I could hire a professional support crew, two tonnes of lard for warmth and a team of dolphin huskies to get me across the strait for less cash.

Daughter of the West
22-08-2022, 11:16 PM
Who is going to Perth?

I looked from here, could get back for under $150, pity about the $1,200 I would have to spend getting down there (and my sister refused to shell out to meet me, despite Perth being basically halfway between us).

I'll keep my powder dry for a much bigger final (hopefully)!

bornadog
01-09-2022, 06:27 PM
I am hoping Brisbane win tonight, but expect Richmond to win.

DOG GOD
01-09-2022, 06:56 PM
I am hoping Brisbane win tonight, but expect Richmond to win.

Agree, and I think Richmond could be a dark horse. Melb, Geel or Coll would not wanna face them at the MCG.

chef
01-09-2022, 08:27 PM
Brisbane look shaky already.

Hopefully another choke for Alistair Lynch to enjoy.

The Bulldogs Bite
01-09-2022, 08:54 PM
If they lose another home final.....

GVGjr
01-09-2022, 09:04 PM
Cracking quarter, should be a great contest

ReLoad
01-09-2022, 09:09 PM
Payne’s kicking is brutally bad. He’d fit right in with us.

The Bulldogs Bite
01-09-2022, 09:23 PM
Payne is rubbish. Hope we aren't interested

DOG GOD
01-09-2022, 09:31 PM
Payne is rubbish. Hope we aren't interested
Agree.

jeemak
01-09-2022, 09:35 PM
I'm sick of not knowing how many weeks in a row the GABBA has been sold out.

azabob
01-09-2022, 10:06 PM

Surely champion data track it? Not sure if it’s free or you have to pay for that type of analysis.

kruder
01-09-2022, 10:13 PM
Daniher is one of the most disappointing footballers I think I have ever seen.

Grantysghost
01-09-2022, 10:18 PM

Of beer?

kruder
01-09-2022, 10:18 PM
Daniher is one of the most disappointing footballers I think I have ever seen.

He just turned it over that resulted in a goal after I posted, I'd now say the most disappointing.....

azabob
01-09-2022, 10:21 PM
He just turned it over that resulted in a goal after I posted, I'd now say the most disappointing.....

Mr.Casual for sure

GVGjr
01-09-2022, 10:29 PM
The standard has been very good but Brisbane choke at critical moments.

Did Essendon really get a couple of first round picks for Daniher? He's made some shocking errors

bornadog
01-09-2022, 10:40 PM
Lions with a quick goal to hit the front within a minute into the last

The Bulldogs Bite
01-09-2022, 10:41 PM
Lachie Neale's decision making, especially under pressure, is elite

bornadog
01-09-2022, 10:43 PM
Lachie Neale's decision making, especially under pressure, is elite

I was going to post something similar, he is a very good mid

GVGjr
01-09-2022, 10:46 PM
The intensity by both teams has been impressive, Setting a high standard for this round.

bornadog
01-09-2022, 10:48 PM
Daniher another important goal

bornadog
01-09-2022, 10:50 PM
The experience of Riewoldt to kick those two goals

The Bulldogs Bite
01-09-2022, 10:50 PM
Geez this is a seriously high quality game. Riewoldt has kicked some fantastic goals.

Grantysghost
01-09-2022, 10:56 PM
Most unfinals like game ever.

666 and stand working for more ads!

macca
01-09-2022, 11:02 PM
cracking game with 6 mins to go in final quarter. Anyone's game , with richmond 3 points in front
Gee Richmond are a skillful side with their kicking.

no castagna playing. I wonder if his a chance to be recruited as a small forward ?

Cumberland is a good skillful player and done some nice things this game.

EasternWest
01-09-2022, 11:11 PM
What an awesome game.

macca
01-09-2022, 11:12 PM
I thought the tigers had it. that Lynch goal being over ruled really hurt and the last goal by Daniher, he earnt his overpaid salary.

Fantastic game.

chef
Great game of footy

Sedat
Tigers have butchered another close game. They are their own worst enemy.

Neale and McCluggage immense.

The Bulldogs Bite
Geez that's a BIG overturn on the goal

Axe Man
01-09-2022, 11:13 PM
How did Richmond not get that ball over the line? They had plenty of numbers there.

Lynch kick looked like a point but not sure the evidence was conclusive to overturn.

merantau
01-09-2022, 11:14 PM
Great game. By Jesus that Coleman is a great player. It was his kick under pressure that got it to Bailey? who booted it into the square for Joe to slot the winner. Great game and great result.

bornadog
01-09-2022, 11:15 PM
I thought the tigers had it. that Lynch goal being over ruled really hurt and the last goal by Daniher, he earnt his overpaid salary.

Fantastic game.

He knew he missed. Was a weak effort in such a close game.

Glad Tigers out as they would be hard to beat at the G

Axe Man
01-09-2022, 11:15 PM
cracking game with 6 mins to go in final quarter. Anyone's game , with richmond 3 points in front
Gee Richmond are a skillful side with their kicking.

no castagna playing. I wonder if his a chance to be recruited as a small forward ?

Cumberland is a good skillful player and done some nice things this game.

Castagna is awful.

Grantysghost
01-09-2022, 11:17 PM

That was criminal he called a goal.

It must be the same guy who lost 21 seconds.

jazzadogs

A big, wonderful overturn. See ya Tigs.

Grantysghost
Castagna is awful.

I would quit the dogs if we get castagna!

Hotdog60
01-09-2022, 11:19 PM
I would quit the dogs if we get castagna!

https://www.cheatsheet.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/George-Costanza.jpg

Sedat
01-09-2022, 11:19 PM
I'm not. Makes Geelongs path to a premiership much easier. Richmond is the one team who could have troubled Geelong in their side of the PF draw (assuming they win tomorrow which i think they will comfortably)

kruder
01-09-2022, 11:22 PM
Daniher lol

Grantysghost
01-09-2022, 11:23 PM
I'm not. Makes Geelongs path to a premiership much easier. Richmond is the one team who could have troubled Geelong in their side of the PF draw (assuming they win tomorrow which i think they will comfortably)

Plus the Demons would've played them if they lose to Swans.
Now the Lions and an easy path to a prelim either way.

Grantysghost
01-09-2022, 11:24 PM
https://www.cheatsheet.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/George-Costanza.jpg

Ha, I'd rather George sitting on the bench with the Penske file!

kruder
01-09-2022, 11:25 PM
Outside of Neale and Bailey, there is something NQR about the lions.

Both Melbourne and Swans now locked in for the Prelim.

jeemak
01-09-2022, 11:26 PM
Brisbane lucky to have still won it without playing Jordan Sweet.

Sedat
01-09-2022, 11:27 PM

He missed it but that was a horseshit call by the arc, and by the goal ump firstly to call it a goal. Either have proper technology or don't bother.

Lynch rushed that kick, Maurice Rioli made a poor decision kicking into F50 with about 3 mins to go, and the defenders not killing that last goal were all criminal errors. They have lacked composure in tight games all year.

Brisbane hung tough all night. Brave effort without their ruckman for the whole night.

The Bulldogs Bite
01-09-2022, 11:29 PM
He missed it but that was a horseshit call by the arc, and by the goal ump firstly to call it a goal. Either have proper technology or don't bother.

Lynch rushed that kick, Maurice Rioli made a poor decision kicking into F50 with about 3 mins to go, and the defenders not killing that last goal were all criminal errors. They have lacked composure in tight games all year.

Brisbane hung tough all night. Brave effort without their ruckman for the whole night.

Well said Sedat.

Lions offer no threat to Melbourne or Sydney, Richmond could have done some damage.

Great game though

jeemak
01-09-2022, 11:31 PM
That overturn was ridiculous. Brisbane kissed on the dick massively, unless the people using two dimensional technology don't actually understand two dimensional technology.

Could you imagine the cyber violence levelled at us if we won the free kick count and also benefitted from that overturn to win a close final?

Sedat
01-09-2022, 11:31 PM
Dusty phoned it in tonight, and Bolton was all flash and no substance. They were both really poor. Starcevich was fantastic on Bolton to be fair.

No wonder Richmond are into Taranto. Their midfield is painfully thin after Prestia.

jeemak
01-09-2022, 11:33 PM
Dusty phoned it in tonight, and Bolton was all flash and no substance. They were both really poor.

I didn't expect much else from Dusty. He had a few involvements early and probably justified the dice being rolled.

Bolton is lucky he plays for Richmond. Absolute gun, but carried to an extent.

Grantysghost
01-09-2022, 11:36 PM
Dusty phoned it in tonight, and Bolton was all flash and no substance. They were both really poor.

Last game for Tigers?

Maybe the Gold Coast would suit him, I've heard Cavil ave has some establishments that might entice.

merantau
01-09-2022, 11:38 PM
The Lions were good tonight and deserved to win. Don't forget they played almost the entire game without the "Big O". They are a good side. Richmond played very well. They are a very skillful team who kick very well. They handle the loose ball very well and are very fit. Brisbane defeated a very worthy opponent.

Sedat
01-09-2022, 11:39 PM
I didn't expect much else from Dusty. He had a few involvements early and probably justified the dice being rolled.

Bolton is lucky he plays for Richmond. Absolute gun, but carried to an extent.
Bolton is an amazing player but he was horrible tonight.

Dusty has been the best player this century but he looks cooked mentally. Reckon he might be finished as a Tiger or he might even retire.

Axe Man
01-09-2022, 11:39 PM

Plus we wouldn’t have seen Richmond until the grand final, would have been happy enough with that matchup.

bornadog
01-09-2022, 11:42 PM
Reckon he might be finished as a Tiger or he might even retire.

It certainly feels that way.

The Bulldogs Bite
01-09-2022, 11:45 PM
If he has, it's been a pleasure. Dusty's performances in big games has been unrivalled.

Jeanette54
01-09-2022, 11:48 PM
[QUOTE=jeemak;804828] That overturn was ridiculous. /QUOTE]

Looking at the replay it seemed Tom Lynch didn't believe that it was a goal. There was not even a slight hint of celebration following his kick.

Sedat
01-09-2022, 11:50 PM
Lions offer no threat to Melbourne or Sydney
Reckon you're right but they do get Rayner, Lyons and Ainsworth back next week, and they will replace Big O with a ready-made in Fort. They will be stronger next week on paper at least.

bornadog
02-09-2022, 12:03 AM
Reckon you're right but they do get Rayner, Lyons and Ainsworth back next week, and they will replace Big O with a ready-made in Fort. They will be stronger next week on paper at least.

They have also beaten Sydney in Sydney this year

jeemak
02-09-2022, 12:09 AM
[QUOTE=jeemak;804828] That overturn was ridiculous. /QUOTE]

Looking at the replay it seemed Tom Lynch didn't believe that it was a goal. There was not even a slight hint of celebration following his kick.

I don't disagree, but on the evidence shown it didn't warrant an overturn.

Interestingly, the angle from the ground level behind the kick almost showed the ball didn't reach over the post until the ball was actually behind and past the post. So to use the shot of it being above the post to overturn it seems ridiculous.

1eyedog
02-09-2022, 12:23 AM
80% likelihood that was a point but if the dumbass umpire calls it a goal there's no way that's overturned. Farcical scenes at the Gabba.

G-Mo77
02-09-2022, 03:58 AM
I just watched it. No way that should have been overruled, he called it a goal and needs clear evidence. No footgae shows that. I'm glad I'm not a Richmond supporter, I'd be livid.

angelopetraglia
02-09-2022, 06:31 AM
Happy the Lions won. Epic game. Super entertaining.

I think the Lynch kick was a point. The goal umpire made the wrong call (the players reaction gave it away). But there is no way you could reverse the call on the video information that was shared on the telecast. Definitely a farce.

ReLoad
02-09-2022, 06:34 AM
If we played either team last night we would have been belted.

azabob
02-09-2022, 08:04 AM
Plus we wouldn’t have seen Richmond until the grand final, would have been happy enough with that matchup.

Our recent record against Richmond is absolutely terrible.

soupman
02-09-2022, 09:11 AM
Lynch point was the right decision, wrong process.

How di Richmond allow Daniher to concede a goal when they had a 7 on 1 at the end? Surely one of their blokes could have stood on the goalline.

Bulldog4life
02-09-2022, 09:56 AM

Should have done what Darc did against Hawks and kick it on his left.

Bulldog4life
02-09-2022, 10:02 AM
The Lions were good tonight and deserved to win. Don't forget they played almost the entire game without the "Big O". They are a good side. Richmond played very well. They are a very skillful team who kick very well. They handle the loose ball very well and are very fit. Brisbane defeated a very worthy opponent.

Poor Big O after that hit he didn't look like his handsome self at all.

azabob
02-09-2022, 10:03 AM

Have you since seen the footage of Harris Andrews reaction; which indicates a goal.

Grantysghost
02-09-2022, 10:06 AM
Have you since seen the footage of Harris Andrews reaction; which indicates a goal.

The guy standing under the posts said it was a goal.

Good enough for me. It was close for sure.

But that's a goal and the Tigers were absolutely robbed.

Libba style!

bornadog
02-09-2022, 10:11 AM
The guy standing under the posts said it was a goal.

Good enough for me. It was close for sure.

But that's a goal and the Tigers were absolutely robbed.

Libba style!

I don't think he was standing under the post

mjp
02-09-2022, 10:17 AM
What about Hodge as a loose man in defence? Plus, wouldn't you have just loved to have had a beer with Hodgey?

Red wine mate. Hodgey = red wine drinker.

Axe Man
02-09-2022, 10:20 AM
Our recent record against Richmond is absolutely terrible.

It's better than our record v Geelong. :eek:

Grantysghost
02-09-2022, 10:20 AM
I don't think he wasn't standing under the post

I guess that's the point you can't tell from the TV.

He was right there, and he's trained to make the decisions so I'm happy to go with that.

There's no way you can tell from the TV, and player reactions can be loaded with confirmation bias.

bornadog
02-09-2022, 10:23 AM
I guess that's the point you can't tell from the TV.

He was right there, and he's trained to make the decisions so I'm happy to go with that.

There's no way you can tell from the TV, and player reactions can be loaded with confirmation bias.

Personally I would do away with ARC and let it be umpires call. However, so glad Richmond lost like that :D

soupman
02-09-2022, 12:53 PM
For what it's worth Reddit is running with this theory (https://www.reddit.com/r/AFL/comments/x3mm5v/clearing_up_arc_confusion/). I'm happy to go with it and it would explain the rapidity of a seemingly contentious decision.

hujsh
02-09-2022, 01:36 PM
For what it's worth Reddit is running with this theory (https://www.reddit.com/r/AFL/comments/x3mm5v/clearing_up_arc_confusion/). I'm happy to go with it and it would explain the rapidity of a seemingly contentious decision.

That is what I thought but everyone was so very certain that the arc decision was inconclusive I thought maybe I was just wrong.

G-Mo77
02-09-2022, 03:38 PM

I'm tired of hearing players reaction justifies the call or no call. The guy in the best position called it a goal, to overrule that there needs to be damming evidence that it wasn't. The evidence to overrule it was poor but they still did. Called a goal, should have stayed on the board as a goal.

JJ's goal in 2016 still gets me angry. Imagine if it were a moment like this and we lost. I'd want to kill someone, I'd probably be in jail now.

azabob
02-09-2022, 05:53 PM
I'm tired of hearing players reaction justifies the call or no call. The guy in the best position called it a goal, to overrule that there needs to be damming evidence that it wasn't. The evidence to overrule it was poor but they still did. Called a goal, should have stayed on the board as a goal.

JJ's goal in 2016 still gets me angry. Imagine if it were a moment like this and we lost. I'd want to kill someone, I'd probably be in jail now.

Without trying to sound like a jerk; G-Mo77 relax mate. A lot more things in this world to get angry with.

If truth be told I was trying to stir BAD up, but he ignored my post.

For what its worth I agree with you; it should've been goal umpires call.

EasternWest
02-09-2022, 05:57 PM

Imagine where grantysghost would be.

jeemak
02-09-2022, 06:13 PM
Without trying to sound like a jerk; G-Mo77 relax mate. A lot more things in this world to get angry with.

He is relaxed. He only imagined a situation in which he would want to kill someone and be incarcerated for it. It's you who needs to relax.

G-Mo77
02-09-2022, 07:58 PM

Nah, not angry about the call last night at all Aza. Had we lost in 2016 after JJ's goal had been overturned I'd find it a lot harder to relax. :)

Not calling you out on players reaction either. It's an argument I've seen in the socials all day and it really doesn't stand up IMO

G-Mo77
02-09-2022, 08:01 PM
He is relaxed. He only imagined a situation in which he would want to kill someone and be incarcerated for it. It's you who needs to relax.

That GF day I saw Damien Barrett after the game. :D

azabob
02-09-2022, 09:10 PM
Franklin trash taking May. Best thing on field since 2016.

Grantysghost
02-09-2022, 09:22 PM

He probably should get a touch.

Melbourne look ominous, vomit worthy.

Three games on your home ground ain't bad to win a flag.

That game v the Lions could turn out to be the season defining one.

The Bulldogs Bite
02-09-2022, 09:23 PM
Melbourne look like they could blow Sydney away.

Swans need a good second quarter.

azabob
02-09-2022, 09:32 PM
Melbourne repulse me more than anything on this planet.

jeemak
02-09-2022, 09:34 PM
May has a classic I don't understand simple information look.

The Bulldogs Bite
02-09-2022, 09:36 PM
I can't stand Melbourne and May.

I hope Sydney and Buddy can rip them.

G-Mo77
02-09-2022, 09:37 PM

Franklin's in his head, got him sucked in several times. May has brought the Swans back into this game.

azabob
02-09-2022, 09:38 PM
Franklin's in his head, got him sucked in several times. May has brought the Swans back into this game.

Yep. They needed a spark for sure.

jeemak
02-09-2022, 09:39 PM
Why at 26 years of age do they always call Isaac Heeney a young star?

The Bulldogs Bite
02-09-2022, 09:41 PM
Impressive by the Swans

azabob
02-09-2022, 09:42 PM
I know it’s not popular around here but Callum Mills has had a good season. Great goal

azabob
02-09-2022, 09:54 PM
Dylan Stephens - what a nice goal.

Swans footskills are next level.

The Bulldogs Bite
02-09-2022, 09:58 PM
Dylan Stephens - what a nice goal.

Swans footskills are next level.

Yeah their foot skills are miles above ours.

BornInDroopSt'54
02-09-2022, 09:58 PM
Why at 26 years of age do they always call Isaac Heeney a young star?

Blondies like Johnny Farnham cop it.

BornInDroopSt'54
02-09-2022, 10:04 PM
I know it’s not popular around here but Callum Mills has had a good season. Great goal

We'd take him.

Sedat
02-09-2022, 10:04 PM
I dislike May and Melbourne but those 2 frees to Franklin were soft as shite. We have all bagged Flopper Riewoldt for his borderline cheating on Lake against us in the 2009 PF - what Franklin did twice was every bit as cynical.

Boots
02-09-2022, 10:14 PM
Melbourne are such an awful bunch of flogs. Arrogant pricks. The only thing that makes it worse is their skills, which are bloody good. I hope they get torn apart at the trade table or get greedy and fall afoul of the salary cap.

I actually really like the swans - their ability to play on the edge is so much fun. They have a high-risk, high-reward gamestyle like ours but for some reason pays off more often.

God I want the Swans to win this, just because unopposed control and precision by one side is a yawn-fest and chaotic contested ball is brilliant. Oh yeah and also because I'm praying both Melbourne and Geelong go out in straight sets.

G-Mo77
02-09-2022, 10:14 PM
I dislike May and Melbourne but those 2 frees to Franklin were soft as shite. We have all bagged Flopper Riewoldt for his borderline cheating on Lake against us in the 2009 PF - what Franklin did twice was every bit as cynical.

Yep, dived like an Olympic Gold Medalist. Didn't May get him back as well with a flop of his own?

whythelongface
02-09-2022, 10:25 PM
I dislike Fritsch but gee I wish we had him. He is such a gun

kruder
02-09-2022, 10:28 PM
I’m probably biased but I reckon Marra has gone past Logan McDonald.

angelopetraglia
02-09-2022, 10:29 PM
We would be a five goal better team if we had May.

G-Mo77
02-09-2022, 10:30 PM
We would be a five goal better team if we had May.

Apart from him getting sucked in the 2nd he's pulled Buddy's pants down

azabob
02-09-2022, 10:33 PM
What a game this is.

The Bulldogs Bite
02-09-2022, 10:33 PM
This is another bloody good game.

The Bulldogs Bite
02-09-2022, 10:35 PM
I wish someone would KO Pickett.

azabob
02-09-2022, 10:36 PM
When will the afl media call out Pickets cheap little hits on opponents after a free kick or goal is awarded.

The Bulldogs Bite
02-09-2022, 10:40 PM
When will the afl media call out Pickets cheap little hits on opponents after a free kick or goal is awarded.

He's an absolute (soft) grub.

azabob
02-09-2022, 10:41 PM
He's an absolute (soft) grub.

Yep. His first instinct is to go to the opposition and not his teammates.

G-Mo77
02-09-2022, 10:42 PM

They never will but imagine if Jack Ginivan or Cody Weightman did the same thing? They would be hung

Boots
02-09-2022, 10:43 PM
Instant karma there for Pickett.

im still mad about that ridiculous free to Petracca on buddy for playing on.

Boots
02-09-2022, 10:45 PM
This is a bit of a masterclass in how to put pressure on the dees.

jeemak
02-09-2022, 10:46 PM
Apart from him getting sucked in the 2nd he's pulled Buddy's pants down

He got what now?

jeemak
02-09-2022, 10:47 PM
Umpires having too much of an impact on this one. I mean the free to Gawn was technically there but that sort of thing gets let go all the time (think what Aaron Naughton needs to put up with).

Otherwise it's a great game.

ratsmac
02-09-2022, 10:49 PM
Gee I wish Naughton got soft frees in front of goal like Gawn just got. If Naughts got a free for that sort of contact he'd kick 150

azabob
02-09-2022, 10:51 PM
Umpires having too much of an impact on this one. I mean the free to Gawn was technically there but that sort of thing gets let go all the time (think what Aaron Naughton needs to put up with).

Melbourne also seemed to get a lot of soft holding the ball decisions in the their F50.

bornadog
02-09-2022, 10:53 PM

What he does is not tough at all. Seems to do it when the player is on the ground

The Bulldogs Bite
02-09-2022, 10:54 PM
Been a very good team effort by Sydney while Melbourne are relying on their stars.

I would like to see Heeney do more.

Boots
02-09-2022, 11:00 PM

May and Gawn get an insane number of soft frees. Deeply inconsistent umpiring too. Soft ball calls Melbourne’s way and none for the Swans.

This though, is a perfect example of how to play when the umps aren’t helping. Don’t sook, just adapt.

jeemak
02-09-2022, 11:07 PM
That's such bad umpiring. Harmes clearly kicked that.

angelopetraglia
02-09-2022, 11:07 PM
Freo > Pies > Swans > Cats

Dogs Premiership #3

Boots
02-09-2022, 11:08 PM
That's such bad umpiring. Harmes clearly kicked that.

On the replay it looked like incorrect disposal.

Boots
02-09-2022, 11:09 PM
It’s ridiculous how bad the buddy/may pairing is. They’re both doing very little until one of them give a free away. Shit footy.

BornInDroopSt'54
02-09-2022, 11:17 PM
I wish someone would KO Pickett.

Steady.

BornInDroopSt'54
02-09-2022, 11:20 PM

Cheap hits of someone not performing. Bad game for him.
Bad look. Defensive mindset.

GVGjr
02-09-2022, 11:23 PM
Swans have been very impressive. I've typically enjoyed watching them play this year.

Happy Days
02-09-2022, 11:23 PM
Paddy McCartin - still uncontracted

azabob
02-09-2022, 11:24 PM
Sydney have a great blend of skill and hardness.

Happy Days
02-09-2022, 11:24 PM
Harmes you piece of shit.

That's your season done.

I got a story about Harmes that I’m not sharing so don’t ask but I promise he’s definitely a piece of shit.

Happy Days
02-09-2022, 11:26 PM
This is unbelievably satisfying. I know Swans supporters hate us but I really don’t hate them.

hujsh
02-09-2022, 11:30 PM
I'd be happy for Swans to win it too. Just no Melbourne or Geelong I think.

Actually most of the 8 are pretty unobjectionable aside from those 2

macca

His ahead of Melican, who seems gettable.
What a pickup Paddy McCartin. Amazing comeback story.

jeemak
It's not a real premiership because it wasn't at the MCG.......

jeemak
02-09-2022, 11:31 PM
This is unbelievably satisfying. I know Swans supporters hate us but I really don’t hate them.

Yeah, Sydney to me are just a prop on the set of the greatest story ever put on stage.

The Bulldogs Bite
02-09-2022, 11:32 PM
Yep, anyone but Geelong or Melbourne. If they went out in straight sets that would be magnificent

macca
02-09-2022, 11:32 PM
I am happy for swans to win, they are a seriously good team. Demons expected to win that, they can now swallow some pride and play another week of footy!

Happy Days
02-09-2022, 11:33 PM

Interim title at best.

ratsmac
02-09-2022, 11:34 PM
Is Dalrymple still with Sydney? They have a great crop of young players. If it's his work that's pretty extraordinary

bornadog
02-09-2022, 11:35 PM
I got a story about Harmes that I’m not sharing so don’t ask but I promise he’s definitely a piece of shit.

Teasing us again - come on HD, let's hear it

hujsh
02-09-2022, 11:36 PM

Also technically I think we won the day portion and they won the night which as we all know doesn't count for anything.

I'm not looking that up to check and none of you should either

1eyedog
02-09-2022, 11:36 PM
So we'd have to go to Sydney if we got through?

azabob
02-09-2022, 11:37 PM
Swans blend of skill, hardness, youth, experience, attack and defense is about spot on

DOG GOD

To pre lim, yes

bornadog

Familiar path coming up.

azabob
Is Dalrymple still with Sydney? They have a great crop of young players. If it's his work that's pretty extraordinary

Yes. Apparently on his way to North Melbourne

Grantysghost

That's what their president said.

Hubris much?

azabob
02-09-2022, 11:38 PM
Give me a Geelong flag over a demons flag every day of the week.

The Bulldogs Bite
02-09-2022, 11:38 PM
That's a powerful performance. They'll be very, very hard to beat.

jeemak
02-09-2022, 11:40 PM
That's what their president said.

Hubris much?

That's what I was referring to.

Not seeing their team win a final at the MCG is exactly what Melbourne fans need.

Grantysghost
02-09-2022, 11:40 PM
give me a geelong flag over a demons flag every day of the week.

abm.

Happy Days
02-09-2022, 11:41 PM
Teasing us again - come on HD, let's hear it

Nah this one’s not mine to tell.

1eyedog
02-09-2022, 11:43 PM

Yeah nah

Grantysghost
That's what I was referring to.

Not seeing their team win a final at the MCG is exactly what Melbourne fans need.

Everytime my Demons friends say anything about last year I respond simply with this :

It's amazing how a simple asterisk can trigger untold insanity!

G-Mo77

It's still pretty unpleasant

Grantysghost
02-09-2022, 11:44 PM
Nah this one’s not mine to tell.

He and Max in Bali?

whythelongface
02-09-2022, 11:44 PM
Familiar path coming up.

Very. Same as 2016

Week 1 Perth
Week 2 Melbourne
Week 3 Sydney

Happy Days
02-09-2022, 11:45 PM
If we get eliminated after the Dees we’re linear 2021 premiers as far as I’m concerned.

G-Mo77
02-09-2022, 11:45 PM
Everytime my Demons friends say anything about last year I respond simply with this :

It's amazing how a simple asterisk can trigger untold insanity!

My brother, who is a Melbourne supporter made a wise crack one day. I just said enjoy the memories on DVD, my memories were at your home ground.

azabob
02-09-2022, 11:46 PM
Yeah nah

Nah, yeah

GVGjr
02-09-2022, 11:49 PM
So assuming we beat Freo we just need to copy what we did in 2016

Win in the west, win in Melbourne, win in Sydney and win at the G

GVGjr
02-09-2022, 11:50 PM
Sydney showed us how to play Melbourne and locked down at centre square stoppages.

Grantysghost
02-09-2022, 11:51 PM
He and Max in Bali?

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/melbourne-player-investigated-for-alleged-sexual-assault-20171221-h08npw.html

Disappeared very quickly this one.

bornadog
02-09-2022, 11:52 PM
How good is Sydney's defence. Melbourne didn't kick a goal in the last.

BornInDroopSt'54
02-09-2022, 11:53 PM

And unconcussed.

The Doctor
02-09-2022, 11:57 PM
Swans - superb coaching by Longimre. Brilliant by the team. Like our men of mayhem. Envious.

Sedat
03-09-2022, 12:08 AM
Sydney got almost nothing out of Franklin, McDonald and Heeney. They have scope for significant improvement.

Melbourne have been bog ordinary for most of the season to be honest, they are 6-7 since the mid season bye. Their forward line is utterly inept.

The bulldog tragician
03-09-2022, 12:32 AM
We defeated both these teams! But both finals so far have made me feel on recent form we’re off this pace. I probably felt the same in ‘21 when we tailed off so badly, so don’t mind me.

It was glorious to see the Dees lose. They are a very unpleasant bunch of individuals.

Eastdog
03-09-2022, 01:20 AM
We defeated both these teams! But both finals so far have made me feel on recent form we’re off this pace. I probably felt the same in ‘21 when we tailed off so badly, so don’t mind me.

It was glorious to see the Dees lose. They are a very unpleasant bunch of individuals.

My mum is a Dees fan but yep I absolutely get what you mean. Great to see them go down a bit this year. Was so great to have beaten them this year. Marra goal a classic!

BornInDroopSt'54
03-09-2022, 03:04 AM
How good is Sydney's defence. Melbourne didn't kick a goal in the last.

McCombs, I mean McCartins x2.

BornInDroopSt'54
03-09-2022, 03:09 AM

Yes, yes and not so much.
My dad played a bit with MFC reserves and died in '64 so idolised but 10 yo me only got a bit of the story. His death it seems has been honoured by Melbourne FC with deconstruction ever since until last year when they broke the drought against us.
It is good to have Melbourne FC back to a successful club for the health of competition and so it is worthy of its name as state capital.
And yes girdle your loins, our players are experienced at finals so look out. Ferocity needed.

GVGjr
03-09-2022, 08:55 AM
Sydney got almost nothing out of Franklin, McDonald and Heeney. They have scope for significant improvement.

Melbourne have been bog ordinary for most of the season to be honest, they are 6-7 since the mid season bye. Their forward line is utterly inept.

To win the game with limited output from the players you have mentioned really highlights that they're the best 2 way running team in the competition and they have a really well managed football club.
Longmire and his coaches really locked down Melbourne at centre square stoppages and that was they key in beating them.

Grantysghost
03-09-2022, 01:14 PM
Petracca has a hair line fracture in his leg.

They reckon he will play but it's got to be limiting.

GVGjr
03-09-2022, 01:22 PM
Petracca has a hair line fracture in his leg.

They reckon he will play but it's got to be limiting.

He's a tough boy but that is going to be a challenge for him.

hujsh
03-09-2022, 05:38 PM
Rowan gets away with a clear push in the back but he converts about as well as you'd expect

azabob
03-09-2022, 05:40 PM
Lipinski gets the pies off to a great start

Grantysghost
03-09-2022, 05:41 PM
Lipinski gets the pies off to a great start

Glad he's not good enough for our midfield. We've got Robbie!

Surely that wing half forward role was his... Bah.

jazzadogs
03-09-2022, 05:49 PM
Rowan gets away with a clear push in the back but he converts about as well as you'd expect

Gary Rohan being crap in a final, whodathunkit

azabob
03-09-2022, 05:50 PM
Collingwood have owned the first 9 minutes of this game but can’t capitalise

azabob
03-09-2022, 05:52 PM
Geelong have started very nervously

jazzadogs
03-09-2022, 05:54 PM
Geelong have started very nervously

Their system is good enough that a bad start doesn't really matter. They'll come at some point.

Grantysghost
03-09-2022, 06:02 PM
Handbaggers at it again.

That ground of theirs skews their level every year.

whythelongface
03-09-2022, 06:32 PM
Collingwood not making the most of their pressure. Letting Geelong back into it.

bornadog
03-09-2022, 06:33 PM
Collingwood turning the ball over and now only 2 points in it

whythelongface
03-09-2022, 06:36 PM
Mihochek what were you thinking??

bornadog
03-09-2022, 06:36 PM
Glad he's not good enough for our midfield. .

He actually isn't good enough

Grantysghost
03-09-2022, 06:37 PM
He actually isn't good enough

I believe he is.

bornadog
03-09-2022, 06:41 PM
I believe he is.

Which player is he better than:

Bont, Macrae, Libba, Smith, Adz or Dunkley?

G-Mo77
03-09-2022, 06:45 PM
I'm not a fan of Geelong and barracking for the Pies today, umps giving the Cats a leg up or just a biased view?

Grantysghost
Which player is he better than:

Bont, Macrae, Libba, Smith, Adz or Dunkley?

It's a pointless argument, I like him and think he's good enough for our side in the same role as he plays at the pies.

You don't, I'm ok with that!

Also :

You're wrong.. Take that!

Fwiw I asked a few Pies fans if they'd swap back Treloar.

You can imagine the answer.

whythelongface
Another cracking game. Geelong starting to get on top but Pies never say die. Who wins???

I love watching footy as a neutral. No pressure. No swearing. No tantrums.

bornadog
03-09-2022, 06:46 PM
Another cracking game. Geelong starting to get on top but Pies never say die. Who wins???

I love watching footy as a neutral. No pressure. No swearing. No tantrums.

The only swearing from me is as G-Mo77 said, bloody umpires. Just atrocious.

hujsh
03-09-2022, 06:47 PM
Neither team able to fully capitalize on their dominant periods so even at half time seems about right.

hujsh
03-09-2022, 06:49 PM
I'm not a fan of Geelong and barracking for the Pies today, umps giving the Cats a leg up or just a biased view?

So it's not just me? Though I'm biased too.

G-Mo77
03-09-2022, 06:53 PM
So it's not just me? Though I'm biased too.

I saw Gary Rohan run over the boundary go and get a Pie,run back into play and the umpires let it go.

EasternWest
03-09-2022, 06:55 PM
I saw Gary Rohan run over the boundary go and get a Pie,run back into play and the umpires let it go.

They just wanted to see what comical thing he'd do afterwards. As per usual in finals, he obliged.

hujsh
03-09-2022, 06:58 PM
It's a pointless argument, I like him and think he's good enough for our side in the same role as he plays at the pies.

You don't, I'm ok with that!

Also :

You're wrong.. Take that!

Fwiw I asked a few Pies fans if they'd swap back Treloar.

You can imagine the answer.

Yeah but... someone has to miss out if Lipinski plays an inside mid role for us. I agree he's capable of playing that role, he's proven that this year, but sadly he's far less effective if he doesn't play that role. We could try to reverse engineer a situation where we keep trying to play Bont/Dunks forward and Treloar in defence and everything else we've attempted this year... but we've struggled to fit in the mids we have as is.

Unless Lipinski has gained a defensive edge he didn't have with us it's hard to see how he fits in before any of the mids BAD mentioned. He could replace McComb sure, but he didn't want to play that role and has probably rightly decided to go somewhere he can play to his best. It's a shame he's not with us but we can't keep acting like the club has failed Lipinski. These things happen.

Also with regards to the Pies fans... remember when a number of us here convinced ourselves we were almost just as good for having BILLY GOWERS in the team when we lost Stringer? We fans are interesting creatures.

Grantysghost
03-09-2022, 07:06 PM
Yeah but... someone has to miss out if Lipinski plays an inside mid role for us. I agree he's capable of playing that role, he's proven that this year, but sadly he's far less effective if he doesn't play that role. We could try to reverse engineer a situation where we keep trying to play Bont/Dunks forward and Treloar in defence and everything else we've attempted this year... but we've struggled to fit in the mids we have as is.

Unless Lipinski has gained a defensive edge he didn't have with us it's hard to see how he fits in before any of the mids BAD mentioned. He could replace McComb sure, but he didn't want to play that role and has probably rightly decided to go somewhere he can play to his best. It's a shame he's not with us but we can't keep acting like the club has failed Lipinski. These things happen.

Also with regards to the Pies fans... remember when a number of us here convinced ourselves we were almost just as good for having BILLY GOWERS in the team when we lost Stringer? We fans are interesting creatures.

I was being a bit tongue in cheek re Lippa I like him he's a skilful type.

Comparison I just had a look with Treloar it's not far off.

https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/ft_player_compare?playerStatus1=A&tid1=5&pid1=6354&fid1=S&playerStatus2=A&tid2=8&pid2=3791&fid2=S&type=T

I'm glad he's playing good footy I just hate the way the game has gone with skills being less important than defending.

whythelongface
03-09-2022, 07:08 PM

He is having a cracking game ;)

whythelongface
03-09-2022, 07:21 PM
He is having a cracking game ;)

Ok maybe spoke to soon.

josie
03-09-2022, 07:26 PM
Another ripper match. Go Pies.

DOG GOD
03-09-2022, 07:39 PM
3 ripper games, all with intense pressure.
Hopefully we have the same intent

whythelongface
03-09-2022, 07:44 PM
Can the Pies hold on in the last? Have lead at 3/4 qtr in a couple of matches and held on. Carn the Pies

GVGjr
03-09-2022, 07:48 PM
Collingwoods skill execution has improved so much this year.

azabob
03-09-2022, 07:50 PM
Credit to DeGoey finally looks to be a consistent contributor.

Grantysghost
03-09-2022, 07:54 PM
Collingwoods skill execution has improved so much this year.

That number 1 helps.

Might be a premiership player soon!

Very Dogs 16 the pies.

GVGjr
03-09-2022, 08:01 PM
3 finals games so far and 3 cracking contests and we get to be a part of this soon enough.

EasternWest
03-09-2022, 08:05 PM
3 finals games so far and 3 cracking contests and we get to be a part of this soon enough.

Please don't jinx us like that.

azabob
03-09-2022, 08:08 PM
Yeah, ok, Rohan

EasternWest
03-09-2022, 08:09 PM
That's Rohan's finest ever moment. Great mark and absolutely flushed the kick.

jazzadogs
03-09-2022, 08:09 PM
Geez Gary Rohan doing stuff in finals. Are we in the upside down?

ratsmac
03-09-2022, 08:10 PM
If we win tonight who would we prefer to play? Collingwood or Geelong? I'd love to play Geelong and beat them in a final. I'd almost (almost) not care if we won another game

bornadog
03-09-2022, 08:12 PM
If we win tonight who would we prefer to play? Collingwood or Geelong? I'd love to play Geelong and beat them in a final. I'd almost (almost) not care if we won another game

Doesn't matter, just got to win

ratsmac
03-09-2022, 08:14 PM
Rowan even dropping marks for goal assists in a final. Definitely the upside-down

hujsh
03-09-2022, 08:14 PM
Rowan did his absolute best to shit the bed there

chef
03-09-2022, 08:15 PM
Great win for the Cats

ratsmac
03-09-2022, 08:16 PM
What a game!

Grantysghost
03-09-2022, 08:17 PM
Great win for the Cats

Sad day for footy.

chef
03-09-2022, 08:18 PM
Sad day for footy.

I'm not fussed by the Cats, anyone but Melbourne

GVGjr
03-09-2022, 08:18 PM
Great contest and I actually don't fear playing the Pies.

Grantysghost
03-09-2022, 08:19 PM

Haha, you have Cats in your family don't you I'll allow it.

I just remember all those finals, and Gary Rohan.

Grantysghost
03-09-2022, 08:20 PM

We are straight through the Prelim G?

whythelongface
03-09-2022, 08:21 PM

Me either. But let’s get through the game tonight first!!

josie
03-09-2022, 08:21 PM
Bum. Bum. Bum. Hate to say it but Cats are a well coached side. I also reckon the umps gave them a few favours, mostly in first half.

Don’t want Dees or Cats to win the cup this year. Felt Cats were there for the taking today, especially with Pies ferocity. Pies need a power forward - their only missing piece I reckon.

azabob
03-09-2022, 08:22 PM

This a million times.

Sedat
03-09-2022, 08:27 PM
Straight sets

azabob
03-09-2022, 08:29 PM
Taylor Adams a huge loss for the pies. You’d think the season is over for him.

bornadog
03-09-2022, 08:33 PM
Don’t want Dees or Cats to win the cup this year..

If Melbourne win next week, they play Geelong in Prelim

angelopetraglia
03-09-2022, 08:36 PM
I was so torn.

I hate Geelong. Hate them.

Hate the Pies. But less so since Eddie left as President. However still hate them.

Unbelievable game. Pies feeling of invincibility would have to be dented by that. They are gettable next week for whoever wins tonight.

Grantysghost
03-09-2022, 08:43 PM
Taylor Adams a huge loss for the pies. You’d think the season is over for him.

Did he pop a private?

Grantysghost
03-09-2022, 08:44 PM
If Melbourne win next week, they play Geelong in Prelim

Yep someone's going through from outside the top 2.

Sedat
03-09-2022, 08:45 PM
I was so torn.

I hate Geelong. Hate them.

Hate the Pies. But less so since Eddie left as President. However still hate them.

Unbelievable game. Pies feeling of invincibility would have to be dented by that. They are gettable next week for whoever wins tonight.
We aren't beating Geelong in a final. For that reason alone, happy the Pies lost today.

DOG GOD
03-09-2022, 08:53 PM
I do not want to see Dangerfield or Cameron with a premiership medal….EVER.

whythelongface
03-09-2022, 08:58 PM
I do not want to see Dangerfield or Cameron with a premiership medal….EVER.

Same here. But gee Cameron was good tonight. Kept them in the game early. He really has stepped up to being elite.

azabob
09-09-2022, 09:06 PM
Gee I hope somehow the lions get up tonight.

Looking unlikely… but I can still hope.

G-Mo77
09-09-2022, 09:11 PM
This game is over

Happy Days
09-09-2022, 09:12 PM
This game is over

Nah, I’ve seen teams lose from way further up than this before.

azabob
09-09-2022, 09:16 PM

Glad to see you haven’t lost your sense of humour.

Happy Days
09-09-2022, 09:20 PM
Glad to see you haven’t lost your sense of humour.

Nah I definitely lost it but found it again around Wednesday

Grantysghost
09-09-2022, 09:23 PM

Too.

Sooooooooon.

macca
09-09-2022, 09:30 PM

That statement is full of irony. Love it.

azabob
09-09-2022, 09:32 PM
I can see why Dunkley wants to go to the lions.

Defenders can’t defend, midfielders up and down, forwards talented but struggle to impact finals.

G-Mo77
09-09-2022, 09:35 PM

Lions look a mess. I'm surprised they have a goal on the board.

Sedat
09-09-2022, 09:35 PM
Another Ben Brown free kick simply for being unco.

EDIT - and another one.