PDA

View Full Version : What a win!

LostDoggy
29-03-2008, 06:44 PM
Great win by the boys today, albeit against pretty ordinary opposition. The tip of Melbourne finishing last is looking pretty safe.

Welsh is a legend, Hill is one in the making.

hujsh
29-03-2008, 07:01 PM
Hill is one in the making.

Making him part of my dream team starting 22 was probably the best SC move I've ever made. Nice to see a late pick work out and as Griff has already said to turn around a player with a bad attitude.

LostDoggy
29-03-2008, 09:28 PM
Good Game today.
Was urging them on to win by 100.. but 5 short..

Was happy to get a good spot under cover today:)
was a little unprepared to be in the rain.

firstdogonthemoon
29-03-2008, 11:11 PM
Wasnt it good to be disappointed that we didnt beat them by 100 points. At the end of the game I went "awwww - oh well 95 points will have to do".

The Coon Dog
29-03-2008, 11:27 PM
Wasnt it good to be disappointed that we didnt beat them by 100 points. At the end of the game I went "awwww - oh well 95 points will have to do".

If only 'General Nathan' had of played...

BulldogBelle
30-03-2008, 12:31 AM
Great win by the boys today, albeit against pretty ordinary opposition. The tip of Melbourne finishing last is looking pretty safe.

Yes, it was a great win, Cooney was asked on the show Before the game whether he felt sorry for Melbourne he just put a smirk on his face and said No.

Win's like these don't come often enough for our team - I would love to see a few more beltings like this during the year.

G-Mo77
30-03-2008, 02:15 AM

It is pretty easy to warm to him. I was not at all happy when we drafted him. He was one of my most hated players for the Crows but seeing him in a Dogs jumper and kicking the ball CM perfect through the sticks makes me a very happy man.

It's not often we belt the shit out of another side if we have a big win it's usually 40 - 50 points. I think the last huge win was against Richmond in Round 1 2006. Correct me if I'm wrong?

hujsh
30-03-2008, 03:51 AM
It is pretty easy to warm to him. I was not at all happy when we drafted him. He was one of my most hated players for the Crows but seeing him in a Dogs jumper and kicking the ball CM perfect through the sticks makes me a very happy man.

It's not often we belt the shit out of another side if we have a big win it's usually 40 - 50 points. I think the last huge win was against Richmond in Round 1 2006. Correct me if I'm wrong?

Depends on what qualifies as a huge win.

LostDoggy
30-03-2008, 10:02 AM

So glad hes now a bulldog, he was my fav crows player behind benny hudson,and now they are both bulldogs.

Im still on a bit of a high from the game, although i was more excited last week(mainly cause it was a close game), cant wait to see up win more games like this in the future.

Joshy Hill is a superstar.

Max469
30-03-2008, 10:59 AM
It was a good win.

We didn't drop our guard as we usually do after winning a game the week before.

Agree we don't have big wins like this one too often - enjoy.

The next 2 weeks are going to be our test - The Saints have the wood on us the last few times we need to change that

Then the week after is that Red and Black mob - we need to show that we are better than them.

Topdog
30-03-2008, 11:46 AM
I'm still smiling about it and watching it again on Fox at the moment. We just demolished them.

BulldogBelle
30-03-2008, 01:07 PM
l have not been to game yet as l have been in Queensland.
Watched a replay of round 1 on foxtel - Great game.

Was able to listen to last half of the game on our flight back from Qld.

Thanks Qantas!

Yes it was a great percentage booster and Hill - WOW, what more can l say.

But this friday will give us a good indication where we are at, lets not get to excited by beating Melbourne.

If we beat the saints then l will be a happy boy.

G-Mo77
30-03-2008, 01:11 PM
Depends on what qualifies as a huge win.

I think 10+ goals is a huge win. A lot of times when the Dogs have commanding leads they always seem to let the other team get a lot of garbage goals and bring back the deficit. We always seem to have a fairly low % on the ladder and it is because we have rarely been able to bury sides like we did yesterday.

BulldogBelle
30-03-2008, 01:20 PM
I think 10+ goals is a huge win. A lot of times when the Dogs have commanding leads they always seem to let the other team get a lot of garbage goals and bring back the deficit. We always seem to have a fairly low % on the ladder and it is because we have rarely been able to bury sides like we did yesterday.

Very true.

Was thinking this might happen when they kicked a couple.
But this time we hit back.

Big Will
30-03-2008, 03:35 PM
Don't know about anyone else but from memory (20 years), that is the first time I have watched the doggies play where I have felt relaxed and confident that we would win. Probably from 10 mins into the game it just looked to me as though we were always going to win.

Admittedly I went to the hawks vs dees game last week which added to my confidence... Melbourne are shocking.

hujsh
30-03-2008, 04:31 PM
I think the last huge win was against Richmond in Round 1 2006. Correct me if I'm wrong?

I think 10+ goals is a huge win.

Then WB 25.16.166 df. Port 13.12.90 Sunday May 14 2006 is the last huge win we had.

katemeehan
30-03-2008, 04:39 PM
That win is a good percentage booster! which is always handy...
Love big wins and the bragging/bagging rights that come with them :P

I think the Ted Towels are a great idea, got one from Gia and made the post-thrash high a tad bigger.
Hopefully they replay it again, I missed out this morning!

1eyedog
30-03-2008, 06:46 PM
Don't know about anyone else but from memory (20 years), that is the first time I have watched the doggies play where I have felt relaxed and confident that we would win. Probably from 10 mins into the game it just looked to me as though we were always going to win.

Admittedly I went to the hawks vs dees game last week which added to my confidence... Melbourne are shocking.

Richmond vs Bulldogs Rd 1 2006. Always looked good and was confident we would win it halfway through the first. On the contrary, at quarter time yesterday I wasn't too sure.

LostDoggy
30-03-2008, 10:30 PM
hehe ive been recording all the bulldogs wins on foxtel IQ.
Hopefully theres about 15-16 this year:P

BulldogBelle
30-03-2008, 10:37 PM
hehe ive been recording all the bulldogs wins on foxtel IQ.

Same here, great feature that IQ - have kept a few of the better games from last year on there aswell.