PDA

View Full Version : Last time Sydney were in a grand final....

jazzadogs
24-09-2022, 12:40 PM
They were defeated by 22 points by the mighty Western Bulldogs.

Just a friendly reminder for your grand final morning.

Playing today from their 2016 team: Parker, Buddy, Rampe, Papley, Mills, Lloyd and Heeney (plus Rohan playing for the opposition)

jeemak
24-09-2022, 01:02 PM

Playing today from their 2016 team: Parker, Buddy, Rampe, Papley, Mills, Lloyd and Heeney (plus Rohan playing for the opposition)

As I said in another thread, they were just a stage prop on a stage showing one of the best football stories every told. Their whingeing since the day has been a bit annoying, but I'll always be grateful to them for the role they played that day.

Mofra
24-09-2022, 01:07 PM
As I said in another thread, they were just a stage prop on a stage showing one of the best football stories every told. Their whingeing since the day has been a bit annoying, but I'll always be grateful to them for the role they played that day.
The Papley mark has been wonderful.
Collingwood supporters feeling robbed, and Swans fans forced to defend umpiring in finals. It's kind of like Bont popping around to your house to surprise you with whisky

bulldogtragic
24-09-2022, 01:11 PM
I hope Dahl is motovating his team mates from the grandstand.

+/- Rohan getting 5 touches?

3 Grand Finals:

7 touches, no goal
5 touches, one goal
5 touches, no goal

He can finally cement himself as the worst ever Grand Final player today.

jeemak
24-09-2022, 01:11 PM
The Papley mark has been wonderful.
Collingwood supporters feeling robbed, and Swans fans forced to defend umpiring in finals. It's kind of like Bont popping around to your house to surprise you with whisky

I actually started a few replies that I deleted on some Sydney folks social media posts, pointing to that free kick and their duplicitous nature. But, as per above, I figured I'd just let them enjoy it.

jazzadogs
24-09-2022, 01:24 PM
I hope Dahl is motovating his team mates from the grandstand.

+/- Rohan getting 5 touches?

3 Grand Finals:

7 touches, no goal
5 touches, one goal
5 touches, no goal

He can finally cement himself as the worst ever Grand Final player today.

He is the anti-Norm Smith. Even Xavier Richards played a better game.

bornadog
24-09-2022, 01:59 PM
Watched the 2016 GF yesterday. Still brings tears to the eyes - what a day.

I donot want to see Dangerfield, Selwood, Hawkins and Cameron with a premiership medal around their kneck

I'm Not Bitter Anymore!
24-09-2022, 08:22 PM
Will Longmire blame the umpiring?

EasternWest
24-09-2022, 09:54 PM

An argument could be mounted he was playing for the opposition in 2016 too

bulldogtragic
24-09-2022, 10:18 PM
I wonder if Buddy thought when he left Hawthorn he considered losing three flags in a row. Good thing he has millions, fame and a supermodel wife to ease his frustration.

azabob
24-09-2022, 10:35 PM
I wonder if Buddy thought when he left Hawthorn he considered losing three flags in a row. Good thing he has millions, fame and a supermodel wife to ease his frustration.

Don’t forget his extra houses.

bulldogtragic
24-09-2022, 10:43 PM
Don’t forget his extra houses.

He’d need to focus on that to have to cope with witnessing Gary ‘Worst Grand Final Player Ever’ Rohan be gifted a premiership medal, twice, at ground level watching on.

jazzadogs
24-09-2022, 11:02 PM
He’d need to focus on that to have to cope with witnessing Gary ‘Worst Grand Final Player Ever’ Rohan be gifted a premiership medal, twice, at ground level watching on.

Only once. Rohan missed 2012. He lost 2014, 2016, 2020 and win his first premiership this year.

macca
25-09-2022, 01:36 AM
Only once. Rohan missed 2012. He lost 2014, 2016, 2020 and win his first premiership this year.

He still must be counted as one of the luckiest players to play 5 , get one and be in a team to not be able to select for 2012. Not many players reach the big dance. I just hate that his played for 2 of the most successful clubs in the last decade in terms of reaching finals.

I don't care what anyone would call me if I managed to get a GF medal around my neck.

Sedat
25-09-2022, 01:39 AM
He still must be counted as one of the luckiest players to play 5 , get one and be in a team to not be able to select for 2012. Not many players reach the big dance. I just hate that his played for 2 of the most successful clubs in the last decade in terms of reaching finals.

I don't care what anyone would call me if I managed to get a GF medal around my neck.
Our man Matt Spangher was in the squad for West Coast 2006, Sydney 2012 and all 3 of Hawthorn 2013-2015, and won a premiership medal in 2014.

Ozza
26-09-2022, 03:54 PM

Ceglar on the other hand pretty unlucky.

Has been on the list when his team has been in the grand final 5 times (4 wins). Is no superstar, but potentially stiff to not have played in at least 1. Played the prelim in '14.
Had 24 possessions and 29 hit outs in round 23 this year before being left out for the finals.

Dogs 24/7
26-09-2022, 04:24 PM
Ceglar on the other hand pretty unlucky.

Has been on the list when his team has been in the grand final 5 times (4 wins). Is no superstar, but potentially stiff to not have played in at least 1. Played the prelim in '14.
Had 24 possessions and 29 hit outs in round 23 this year before being left out for the finals.

He's a reasonable footballer but wouldn't have made a lot of difference for them on the weekend. The was Scott used his ruck options in the finals was brilliant.