PDA

View Full Version : Confirmed Trades 2022

bornadog
30-09-2022, 11:31 AM
This thread is for all confirmed trades.

Key Dates for the 2022 AFL Trade

Friday 30 September (9am)
AFL Restricted and Unrestricted Free Agency Period begins

Monday 3 October (9am)
AFL Trade Period begins - Continental Tyres AFL Trade Period (Players and Selections)

Friday 7 October (5pm)
AFL Restricted and Unrestricted Free Agency Period ends

Monday 10 October
AFL Restricted Free Agency Matching Offer 3 Day Period ends (5pm)

Wednesday 12 October
AFL Trade Period ends

Thursday 3 November (9am)
AFL Delisted Player Free Agency (1) Period begins

Wednesday 9 November (5pm)
AFL Delisted Player Free Agency (1) Period ends

Friday 11 November (9am)
AFL Delisted Player Free Agency (2) Period begins

Tuesday 15 November (5pm)
AFL Delisted Player Free Agency (2) Period ends

jazzadogs
30-09-2022, 01:28 PM
Karl Amon FA to Hawthorn - compensation is a second round pick (currently 27)

hujsh
30-09-2022, 01:51 PM
Karl Amon FA to Hawthorn - compensation is a second round pick (currently 27)

Just a second rounder? Sounds like that's the most Brisbane can hope for from McStay then

bulldogtragic
30-09-2022, 01:59 PM
Just a second rounder? Sounds like that's the most Brisbane can hope for from McStay then

They’re not going to be thrilled with Pick 35. I suppose they bank the draft points and move on. Would’ve been better for us, but broadly, I don’t mind tighter compo levels.

Axe Man
30-09-2022, 02:01 PM

I thought the hopes of a first rounder for Amon and McStay were optimistic.

FYI this is how the compensation is determined:

HOW IS FREE AGENCY ASSESSED?

The compensation is based purely on guaranteed money and a ranking system where every player in the AFL aged 25 or older is placed in order.

The highest-paid player has a value of 100 points, with extra points added for a player’s age (less points are added for an older player) with a maximum points value of 112 points.

First-round compensation picks are handed out for players in the top five per cent based on that points score, with end-of-first-round compensation for players within the top five to 15 per cent.

Second-round picks are for players in the 15-30 per cent band and end-of-second-round picks for players in the 30-50 band.

hujsh
30-09-2022, 02:07 PM

I think the idea of getting a 1st round pick was based on precedents like Motlop. Given what you posted it could be that they didn't reach that level since the pay levels have increased overall or the brackets have shifted around in some way (or a bit of both)

Axe Man
30-09-2022, 02:18 PM
I think the idea of getting a 1st round pick was based on precedents like Motlop. Given what you posted it could be that they didn't reach that level since the pay levels have increased overall or the brackets have shifted around in some way (or a bit of both)

I understand why the clubs will point to things like that and the rest of us are left confused but the Motlop case should be filed under 2 wrongs don't make a right.

jazzadogs
30-09-2022, 02:35 PM

Dan McStay is also a year older, and contract is less - but surely they don't get less than a 2nd rounder...

hujsh
30-09-2022, 02:44 PM
Dan McStay is also a year older, and contract is less - but surely they don't get less than a 2nd rounder...

AFL may as well troll everyone and give Brisbane an end of first round pick. Think of all the engagement it will drive.

bornadog
30-09-2022, 02:45 PM
Liam Jones manager overseas, so expected trade on Monday

Axe Man
03-10-2022, 05:01 PM
Bobby Hill and pick 40 sent to the Magpies for a future second-round selection and pick 43 in this year’s draft.

bornadog
03-10-2022, 05:02 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FeHqyCNVEAAWyZE?format=jpg&name=medium

Scraggers
03-10-2022, 05:41 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FeHqyCNVEAAWyZE?format=jpg&name=medium

Surely this means Dunkley is worth two first round picks. It’s undeniable now

GVGjr
03-10-2022, 05:43 PM
Surely this means Dunkley is worth two first round picks. It’s undeniable now

There is precedent now and any reasonable valuation should see that.

DOG GOD
03-10-2022, 05:44 PM
7 and 15 sounds right now

GVGjr
03-10-2022, 05:48 PM

I'm not sure how hard Brisbane are working to unlock that pick but it should be what they are going hard at.
If you believe the media speculation Geelong is still the favorites to get Bowes.

bornadog
03-10-2022, 05:54 PM
There is precedent now and any reasonable valuation should see that.

I don't think Taranto is worth two first rounders, but now that has happened, Lions need to pony up.

hujsh
03-10-2022, 05:55 PM

I'd be willing to take 15 and future first tbh. Or at least throw points in for 7 & 15/future first

Bulldog Joe
03-10-2022, 05:59 PM
I'd be willing to take 15 and future first tbh. Or at least throw points in for 7 & 15/future first

I want a best 22 player as a starting point.

Jarrod Berry or Cam Rayner would be my request.

jeemak
03-10-2022, 05:59 PM

I think we should temper our expectations on what we'll be getting and if we land a first this year and a first next year then that's probably about as good as we'll be able to expect.

Bulldog Joe
03-10-2022, 06:02 PM
I think we should temper our expectations on what we'll be getting and if we land a first this year and a first next year then that's probably about as good as we'll be able to expect.

I don't believe we need to temper expectations.

Brisbane have made Dunkley the offer.

It is their responsibility to make a trade happen.

bornadog
03-10-2022, 06:05 PM

I can't see this being a quick trade

jeemak
03-10-2022, 06:07 PM

I think the club should go as hard as it can, for sure, but are we really going to walk away from the deal if we don't get exactly what we think is fair and reasonable?

Dunkley's out of contract and Brisbane will only be able to put what they can generate on the table for him. Pragmatism will get in the way like it does most trade periods when deals need to get done. I guess I'm just saying from a WOOF contributor perspective we should be prepared to get about 75% close to what we think is a good outcome.

hujsh
03-10-2022, 06:12 PM

So you're agreeing on 15 and a future first or you're expecting 15 to drop down?

bulldogtragic
03-10-2022, 06:17 PM

Agreed. 15 & Future as it stands.

If they get pick 7, then that and a future first. Plus a draft points trade to them in the middle of the draft.

A player hasn’t been strongly linked to us, so two mid-late first rounders is about the best case from here unless things change. Like you, I don’t think it’s huge, but it will do fine if you trade/draft the right players with them.

bornadog
03-10-2022, 06:18 PM
Agreed. 15 & Future as it stands.

If they get pick 7, then that and a future first. Plus a draft points trade to them in the middle of the draft.

A player hasn’t been strongly linked to us, so two mid-late first rounders is about the best case from here unless things change. Like you, I don’t think it’s huge, but it will do fine if you trade/draft the right players with them.

If a player is involved, do we ask for Darcy Fort

bulldogtragic
03-10-2022, 06:24 PM

Anyone’s guess. I’d have expected the footy media rumour mill to be linking a player to us. Doing medicals on players, manager hints in the press, trade radio gossip, etc. - The sound of silence makes me think this is a straight up picks trade.

Grantysghost
03-10-2022, 06:24 PM

I don't know how they're going to be able to do it.

I think they won't actually and it's going to get messy.

Welcome to the Bulldogs : Josh Dunkley

Grantysghost
03-10-2022, 06:29 PM

Hope not.

bulldogtragic
03-10-2022, 06:30 PM
I don't know how they're going to be able to do it.

I think they won't actually and it's going to get messy.

Welcome to the Bulldogs : Josh Dunkley

I’m the opposite. I think it gets absolutely done, just very late until Power has gotten everything he can. Shouldn’t be too much to it. Both parties know his value and know what they’re doing.

But because of the likely delay, I’m assuming we likely aren’t going to be trading any picks from the trade this year. I guess that frees up Power to put some effort into other trades while Brisbane go about paying what they owe.

bornadog
03-10-2022, 06:31 PM
Hope not.

Not a fan?

Grantysghost
03-10-2022, 06:41 PM
Not a fan?

He's OK but not as part of the Dunkley deal

Grantysghost
03-10-2022, 06:43 PM
I’m the opposite. I think it gets absolutely done, just very late until Power has gotten everything he can. Shouldn’t be too much to it. Both parties know his value and know what they’re doing.

But because of the likely delay, I’m assuming we likely aren’t going to be trading any picks from the trade this year. I guess that frees up Power to put some effort into other trades while Brisbane go about paying what they owe.

I just can't see how the Lions have enough cash to pay.

Theyre going to do a chopper BT.

"But seriously Nev like, how you holding for cash I'm a bit bloody broke"

Scraggers
03-10-2022, 06:46 PM
If Cam Rayner and pick 15 are in the table, I’d say yes. I don’t see how Brisbane get pick 7

Grantysghost
03-10-2022, 06:49 PM
If Cam Rayner and pick 15 are in the table, I’d say yes. I don’t see how Brisbane get pick 7

No way they'd do that.

Rayner would be a straight swap plus a shuffle of picks I believe.
I'd do the straight swap in a heart beat.

Powerful mid with skills.

Scraggers
03-10-2022, 06:52 PM
No way they'd do that.

He is a powerful mid, but he’s relatively green compared to Dunkley’s skill set and resumè. The deal has to have more fruit than a straight swap

Grantysghost
03-10-2022, 06:54 PM
He is a powerful mid, but he’s relatively green compared to Dunkley’s skill set and resumè. The deal has to have more fruit than a straight swap

Yeah fair point. I'm in on the potential side (as in he has lots of potential) but you make sense.

Mofra
03-10-2022, 06:56 PM
We have never shown interest in Fort - from his time with our VFL program, or at any stage afterward
Brisbane aren't flush for ruck depth either

GVGjr
03-10-2022, 07:27 PM

They've been as firm as they can that Rayner wants to stay and they have no desire to trade him.

azabob
03-10-2022, 07:39 PM
No way they'd do that.

Rayner isn’t a full time mid. More of a Stringer midfielder.

Grantysghost
03-10-2022, 07:45 PM
Rayner isn’t a full time mid. More of a Stringer midfielder.

That's what we need.

bulldogtragic
03-10-2022, 07:52 PM
That's what we need.

A fat bloke with shit tatts?

azabob
03-10-2022, 07:56 PM
That's what we need.

Agree 100%.

EasternWest
03-10-2022, 09:08 PM
A fat bloke with shit tatts?

It's good you're back. I actually laughed at this.

It's been so long since anyone on this board has made me laugh - looking at you, usual suspects.

BornInDroopSt'54
03-10-2022, 09:16 PM

Cam is a better kick for goal.

bulldogtragic
03-10-2022, 09:50 PM
I just can't see how the Lions have enough cash to pay.

Theyre going to do a chopper BT.

"But seriously Nev like, how you holding for cash I'm a bit bloody broke"

If push comes to shove, they go into deficit. They try to live trade in this draft and next to try to improve things. No doubt a player or two trades out next year, and they have a presence back in the 2023 draft.

If I’m them, if I believe with Dunkley in the middle, Gunston for McStay upfront, Ashcroft (Pick 1) off the bench and Fletcher (1st Rounder) playing some time next year in addition to developing talent in the list means we get to the GF and possibly win it. Who cares about a deficit next year? That’d be my attitude.

Even say it’s Pick 15 & Future First.

They’ve got 2 x Second Rounders, 3rd Rounder, Berry pick, draft points trades to split the second rounders. Say the deficit wipes out their second rounder next year. They’ve got 3rd and 4th rounders still, plus picks for trades, live trading and looking at free agency if they have the cash if they don’t acquire Bowes.

They clearly think they can have their cake and eat it in this strategy. That’s a perfect trading partner. They will do the deal when they have exhausted all other ways to reduce future deficits or other players (if we want them) agree to terms after a medical. So it will be late, but I’m prepared to bet the farm this gets done and both sides leave happy enough with this trade. Brisbane walk away the huge ‘winners’ of the trade/draft period and the pressure is in them to win it in 2023. Then we have to decide to trade or draft. But that’s an opportunity for the club too. It absolutely gets done.

We are uncle Chop-Chop in this scenario. It’s our deal, or no deal, and theres a very firm timeframe to deliver. Sam can even count down the clock for them with twenty seconds left in the trade period (like Treloar)… ‘you’ve got twenty seconds to produce the picks and to get to trade desk before cut off, and that’s as long as it will take me to before I put a *!*!*!*!ing bullet in your trade and flag dreams. One. Two. Three. Four…’

Grantysghost
03-10-2022, 10:19 PM
If push comes to shove, they go into deficit. They try to live trade in this draft and next to try to improve things. No doubt a player or two trades out next year, and they have a presence back in the 2023 draft.

If I’m them, if I believe with Dunkley in the middle, Gunston for McStay upfront, Ashcroft (Pick 1) off the bench and Fletcher (1st Rounder) playing some time next year in addition to developing talent in the list means we get to the GF and possibly win it. Who cares about a deficit next year? That’d be my attitude.

Even say it’s Pick 15 & Future First.

They’ve got 2 x Second Rounders, 3rd Rounder, Berry pick, draft points trades to split the second rounders. Say the deficit wipes out their second rounder next year. They’ve got 3rd and 4th rounders still, plus picks for trades, live trading and looking at free agency if they have the cash if they don’t acquire Bowes.

They clearly think they can have their cake and eat it in this strategy. That’s a perfect trading partner. They will do the deal when they have exhausted all other ways to reduce future deficits or other players (if we want them) agree to terms after a medical. So it will be late, but I’m prepared to bet the farm this gets done and both sides leave happy enough with this trade. Brisbane walk away the huge ‘winners’ of the trade/draft period and the pressure is in them to win it in 2023. Then we have to decide to trade or draft. But that’s an opportunity for the club too. It absolutely gets done.

We are uncle Chop-Chop in this scenario. It’s our deal, or no deal, and theres a very firm timeframe to deliver. Sam can even count down the clock for them with twenty seconds left in the trade period (like Treloar)… ‘you’ve got twenty seconds to produce the picks and to get to trade desk before cut off, and that’s as long as it will take me to before I put a *!*!*!*!ing bullet in your trade and flag dreams. One. Two. Three. Four…’

Haha…man you’re good at this.

Im Robbo on the couch just trying to understand when I read your posts.

bornadog
04-10-2022, 01:53 PM
Official Jones back

bornadog
04-10-2022, 03:47 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FeMiUtsUcAA04Qk?format=jpg&name=medium

GVGjr
04-10-2022, 03:48 PM
Carlton have done well to get him to the club. Freo adding some draft picks for next year.

bornadog
04-10-2022, 03:50 PM
Carlton have done well to get him to the club. Freo adding some draft picks for next year.

Seems cheap, but good luck to them

bornadog
04-10-2022, 05:53 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FeM-sONVIAEN1IP?format=jpg&name=medium

bornadog
04-10-2022, 05:54 PM
Trade paperwork lodged.

Melbourne trade its Round Two Selection (33), its Round Three Selection (43), and its Round Three Selection (53) to Port Adelaide for its Round Two Selection (27).

bornadog
04-10-2022, 06:10 PM
* The AFL has received paperwork for Unrestricted Free Agent Liam Jones to sign with the Western Bulldogs.

Carlton will receive a Round Three Selection (currently 49) in the 2022 NAB AFL Draft for Liam Jones signing with the Western Bulldogs.

* The AFL has received paperwork for Unrestricted Free Agent Daniel McStay to sign with Collingwood.

The Brisbane Lions will receive a Round Two selection (currently 35) in the 2022 NAB AFL Draft for Daniel McStay signing with Collingwood.

The Bulldogs Bite
04-10-2022, 07:08 PM
What?

A third round pick for a retired player? The system is laughable

macca
04-10-2022, 07:44 PM
What?

Bending the rules again to help Carlton , see Cripps none tackle that concussed a player

He retired so he was not in the system last year ! What a joke

G-Mo77
04-10-2022, 10:55 PM
What?

We.wont get comp for Cordy because we signed Jones? Is that right?

bulldogtragic
04-10-2022, 11:39 PM

Yep.

bornadog
05-10-2022, 12:09 AM

Yep.

What?

It is a joke. AFL need to re think this whole comp business.

I am pretty sure I have said this before, but I think the club receiving the free agent should cough up

GVGjr
05-10-2022, 08:22 AM
A Saints mate asked what Cordy's strengths and weaknesses were.
Finals experience
Mad Monday's

bulldogtragic
05-10-2022, 09:13 AM
It is a joke. AFL need to re think this whole comp business.

I am pretty sure I have said this before, but I think the club receiving the free agent should cough up

The concept is good, of compo. How they manage the process is the issue. Like everything with the AFEL. If they were credible and consistent we'd have a lot less to talk about.

EasternWest
05-10-2022, 09:25 AM
Finals experience
Mad Monday's

You left out "getting dropped on his head in a "playful" wrestle".

Grantysghost
05-10-2022, 09:41 AM
Finals experience
Mad Monday's
Tackling. He’s the master! I remember that one during the hub was it against WCE late?

comrade
05-10-2022, 09:58 AM
Swinging onto the left unnecessarily

SquirrelGrip
05-10-2022, 11:03 AM
Finals experience
Mad Monday's

You forgot his Knee of Destiny

Topdog
05-10-2022, 11:17 AM
You forgot his Knee of Destiny

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45Hkba1o64g&t=117s

bornadog
05-10-2022, 12:46 PM
Trade paperwork lodged.

North Melbourne trade its 2023 Round Two Pick and 2023 Round Three Pick (Special Assistance Picks) and its 2023 Round Four Pick to Fremantle for Griffin Logue, Darcy Tucker and 2023 Round Three Pick.

bornadog
05-10-2022, 03:29 PM
Trade paperwork lodged.

The GWS Giants trade its Round Two Selection (21) and its 2023 Round Two Selection to the Brisbane Lions for its Round One Selection (15).

G-Mo77
05-10-2022, 03:48 PM
Are they giving us the middle finger doing this trade?

bulldogtragic
05-10-2022, 03:51 PM
Are they giving us the middle finger doing this trade?

Nah, me thinks this is part of a bigger trade at this stage.

Grantysghost
05-10-2022, 03:53 PM
Nah, me thinks this is part of a bigger trade at this stage.

That 2023 second rounder might be a part of the package, I doubt they'd try and swing us two x seconds.

G-Mo77
05-10-2022, 05:40 PM
That 2023 second rounder might be a part of the package, I doubt they'd try and swing us two x seconds.

They can't. They did that for draft points so those picks will be eaten. I shouldn't care, I just want to see the back of Dunkley but they just traded out their best current draft asset. Picks next year and nothing we can use this year kind of *!*!*!*!ing sucks.

GVGjr
05-10-2022, 06:03 PM
They can't. They did that for draft points so those picks will be eaten. I shouldn't care, I just want to see the back of Dunkley but they just traded out their best current draft asset. Picks next year and nothing we can use this year kind of *!*!*!*!ing sucks.

There is something else in the works for this year as they lost total points for this year and positioned a bit extra for next year.
Thet need more coming back to them this year but it's not clear what it is. They will then have some currency to work with us but it's looking like its going to be split between this year and next.

GVGjr
05-10-2022, 06:10 PM
Here we go, it's all starting to take shape.

Brisbane's Tom Berry to Suns has been done for 25 and 36. The Suns get Berry, the ontraded GWS future 2nd and 46. Lions get two picks for good points this year.

Topdog
05-10-2022, 06:36 PM
Here we go, it's all starting to take shape.

Brisbane's Tom Berry to Suns has been done for 25 and 36. The Suns get Berry, the ontraded GWS future 2nd and 46. Lions get two picks for good points this year.

Yeah honestly feel like Brisbane still have another 3 or 4 trades in them.

I showed previously that they are good and active traders. They aren't Dodoro and generally act in good faith

GVGjr
05-10-2022, 06:38 PM
Yeah honestly feel like Brisbane still have another 3 or 4 trades in them.

I showed previously that they are good and active traders. They aren't Dodoro and generally act in good faith

Agree TD, they've committed to the player and won't want to burn bridges.

Topdog
05-10-2022, 06:45 PM
When they traded for Neale this is what they did.

Started that year with 5, 24, 43 and 62. By the end of it they had picked up Lincoln McCarthy, Neale and Marcus Adams but lost Beams and Sam Mayes. Then selected 5 players in the draft before pick 55!

In total they made 7 trades, lots of time left for them.

Not sure we will get exactly what we want but gws seconder rounder is close to a late 1st

G-Mo77
05-10-2022, 06:50 PM
So next years first and GWS 2nd this year? Sorry TD that is a garbage return.

bulldogtragic
05-10-2022, 06:55 PM
Brisbane's GWS Second Rounder has already gone to GCS.

Right now, this afternoon, the best offer is 2023 First and a player.

Which player...?

G-Mo77
05-10-2022, 06:58 PM
Brisbane's GWS Second Rounder has already gone to GCS.

Right now, this afternoon, the best offer is 2023 First and a player.

Which player...?

Roger Merett

The Bulldogs Bite
05-10-2022, 06:58 PM
I think the offer will be 2023 First Round and an early 2022 Second Round.

Surely we scoff at that.

bulldogtragic
05-10-2022, 07:01 PM
I think the offer will be 2023 First Round and an early 2022 Second Round.

Surely we scoff at that.

I agree. For me it's now down to the player. Either coming to us directly, or traded to another for a First Rounder added to us and we work out the finer details.

The debate needs to be, who that player is worthy of a first round pick if in a stand alone trade.

The Bulldogs Bite
05-10-2022, 07:04 PM
I agree. For me it's now down to the player. Either coming to us directly, or traded to another for a First Rounder added to us and we work out the finer details.

The debate needs to be, who that player is worthy of a first round pick if in a stand alone trade.

It's a good question. There's no obvious answer.

Brisbane want to win NOW. Trading Rayner, Bailey and probably even Payne goes against that.

Who's realistically left that we or others may be interested in? Robertson (more likely to goto WCE) and Lohmann.

Topdog
05-10-2022, 07:06 PM
So next years first and GWS 2nd this year? Sorry TD that is a garbage return.

No, as i said they still have lots of time and also have another 40 players to make it work

GVGjr
05-10-2022, 07:07 PM
Ben Long and a F4th round pick to the Suns for #32 this year

bulldogtragic
05-10-2022, 07:14 PM
It's a good question. There's no obvious answer.

Brisbane want to win NOW. Trading Rayner, Bailey and probably even Payne goes against that.

Who's realistically left that we or others may be interested in? Robertson (more likely to goto WCE) and Lohmann.

No we are cooking. This is the debate now. Remember sometimes when a club taps you on the shoulder unexpectedly, the offence taken leads to go anyway. See Ryan Burton at Hawthorn as an example who didn’t see it coming, but made the move to Port after Clarkson tapped him on the shoulder.

Let’s start at Rayner, Bailey and Payne and work back if we have to. To get something good, you’ve got to give something good. Brisbane thinks he’s great for 6 X $750,000. Deep down they know something has to give.

The Doctor
05-10-2022, 07:42 PM
Let’s start at Rayner, Bailey and Payne and work back if we have to. To get something good, you’ve got to give something good. Brisbane thinks he’s great for 6 X $750,000. Deep down they know something has to give.

At this point Brisbane won't want to trade any of their starting 18. It is more likely they will deal out a promising youngster who is not yet established but with potential. Guys like Lohmann, Wilmott, Robertson might be options. We won't be interested in any middle tier players like Mathieson, Fullerton surely.

bulldogtragic
05-10-2022, 07:45 PM
At this point Brisbane won't want to trade any of their starting 18. It is more likely they will deal out a promising youngster who is not yet established but with potential. Guys like Lohmann, Wilmott, Robertson might be options. We won't be interested in any middle tier players like Mathieson, Fullerton surely.

Who do you add to the 2023 First to make the trade balanced?

Axe Man
05-10-2022, 07:52 PM

I like Keidean Coleman but another they probably are unwilling to lose and he's from Brisbane (originally NT) so probably not keen on moving to Melbourne either.

Rocket Science
05-10-2022, 07:57 PM
Does adding Dunkley to their mid rotation leave sufficiently less scope for Rayner to progressively rotate through there enough for his liking?

And does Rayner's injury and sundry growing pains paint him as a little less untouchable in Brisbane's mind?

I dunno, but if it ends up being the Payne Train I say we riot.

azabob
05-10-2022, 09:05 PM
I like Keidean Coleman but another they probably are unwilling to lose and he's from Brisbane (originally NT) so probably not keen on moving to Melbourne either.

Good player; but is a need?
Wouldn’t he be surplus to our running half back line?

jazzadogs
05-10-2022, 09:24 PM
Ben Long and a F4th round pick to the Suns for #32 this year

In the club's history, have they made a good trade?

Dancin' Douggy
05-10-2022, 09:25 PM
for me it's 4 players only. Charlie Cameron, Rayner, Harris Andrews or the big O.
No one else.
Just a decent fistful of picks.

Grantysghost
05-10-2022, 09:32 PM
for me it's 4 players only. Charlie Cameron, Rayner, Harris Andrews or the big O.
No one else.

And there's 0 chance of any of those happening.

They've got us by the short and curlies

MrMahatma
05-10-2022, 11:32 PM
No one else.

Bailey!

Axe Man
05-10-2022, 11:35 PM
Good player; but is a need?
Wouldn’t he be surplus to our running half back line?

You’re right, he’s not a need, just throwing up another good younger player on their list (that is no chance of being dealt).

I’ve got no idea what this deal ends up looking like.

bornadog
06-10-2022, 12:15 AM
Not sure if posted:

Trade paperwork lodged.

The Brisbane Lions trade Thomas Berry, its Round Three Selection (46) and its 2023 Round Two Selection to the Gold Coast SUNS for its Round Two Selection (25), its Round Two Selection (36), and its Round Three Selection (56).

bornadog
06-10-2022, 02:49 PM
Trade paperwork lodged.

The Gold Coast SUNS trade Josh Corbett to Fremantle for its 2023 Round Four Selection.

macca
06-10-2022, 05:48 PM
Trade paperwork lodged.

The Gold Coast SUNS trade Josh Corbett to Fremantle for its 2023 Round Four Selection.

Good wiki read on him : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Josh_Corbett

He was sitting there at Werribee in 2018, and we did not pick him up. Suns picked him up as part of the special assistance package in 2018.

Instead we went
7 -B.Smith 84
26- R.West 25
37 - L.Vandermeer 33
45 -Cavarra 4
78 - Hayes 13

putting some useless stats there .

bornadog
06-10-2022, 06:20 PM
Player movements so far...

13. Josh Corbett (GC) traded to Fremantle in exchange for future fourth-round pick.

12. Tom Berry (BL), pick 46 (BL) and future second-round pick (BL) traded to Gold Coast in exchange for picks 25, 36 and 56.

11. Ben Long (StK) and future fourth-round pick (StK) traded to Gold Coast in exchange for pick 32.
** Brisbane Lions traded pick 15 to GWS in exchange for pick 21 and future-second round pick.

9/10. Griffin Logue (Fre), Darcy Tucker (Fre) and future third-round pick (Fre) traded to North Melbourne in exchange for future second-round pick, future third-round pick and future fourth-round pick.

8. Zaine Cordy (WB) joined St Kilda as an unrestricted free agent.

** Melbourne traded picks 33, 43 and 53 to Port Adelaide in exchange for pick 27.

7. Liam Jones (Carl) joined Western Bulldogs as an unrestricted free agent. Carlton received pick 49 (AFL) as compensation.

6. Daniel McStay (BL) joined Collingwood as an unrestricted free agent. Brisbane Lions received pick 35 (AFL) as compensation.

5. Blake Acres (Fre) traded to Carlton in exchange for future third-round pick.

4. Jayden Hunt (Melb) joined West Coast as an unrestricted free agent. Melbourne received pick 52 (AFL) as compensation.

3. Tim Taranto (GWS) traded to Richmond in exchange for pick 12 and pick 19

2. Bobby Hill (GWS) and pick 40 (GWS) traded to Collingwood in exchange for pick 43 and future second-round pick

1. Karl Amon (PA) joined Hawthorn as an unrestricted free agent. Port Adelaide received pick 27 (AFL) as compensation.
*picks are as they are at time of trades

bulldogtragic
07-10-2022, 12:12 PM
Bruhn to Geelong for Pick 18

GWS hold 3, 12, 15, 18 & 19 with Hopper still unfinished

Bulldog Joe
07-10-2022, 12:14 PM

So that will be stockpiling talent to trade out in 2024/25

Grantysghost
07-10-2022, 12:24 PM

Wow, they're good at this the cats.

That's a number 12 pick with development under his belt.

bulldogtragic
07-10-2022, 12:27 PM

If they get Bowes/Pick 7 and Henry cheaply they’re confirmed as the clearly best in the business. Advantages or not, they do this well.

Grantysghost
07-10-2022, 12:32 PM
If they get Bowes/Pick 7 and Henry cheaply they’re confirmed as the clearly best in the business. Advantages or not, they do this well.

Clubs will avoid recruiting players from the Geelong area and they'll have an open hit.

Works on every level.

Bruhn is a Geelong Grammar kid.

bulldogsthru&thru
07-10-2022, 12:35 PM

I'd be curious to know whether we're throwing our hat into the ring for all these player movements or if we're not even getting a look in because players aren't even considering us. Why is it always Geel, Rich, Carl etc that players nominate. Hell even after we won a flag and Carlton were near the bottom, players still chose the blues. Are we in a level playing field? Are players so much swayed by big crowds and big clubs?

Mitcha
07-10-2022, 12:41 PM
I'm pretty sure players returning to Victoria have zero interest in playing 2 games a season in cold, wet and windy Ballarat when they can play in front of huge crowds at the G or even a parochial home crowd at Alphabet stadium in Geelong. We're behind the 8 ball from the get go.

soupman
07-10-2022, 12:56 PM
I'm pretty sure players returning to Victoria have zero interest in playing 2 games a season in cold, wet and windy Ballarat when they can play in front of huge crowds at the G or even a parochial home crowd at Alphabet stadium in Geelong. We're behind the 8 ball from the get go.

It's always been like this.

Why would any player choose us over another Victorian club? The only things we can offer that others can't is more money and/or more opportunity potentially. If another club apart from Norf or Saints or maybe Hawthorn can offer the same as us we lose every time.

At least for the interstate clubs even if they are the shitter option (GWS) they have a big enough pod from 16 clubs that they just need the other club in their state to not be as interested.

EasternWest
07-10-2022, 01:36 PM

Coastal lifestyle delivered in a brown paper bag.

bornadog
07-10-2022, 05:49 PM
Trade Paperwork Lodged.

The Geelong Cats trade its Round Two Selection (38), its Round Three Selections (48, 55), its 2023 Round Two Selection, and its 2023 Round Four Selection to the Brisbane Lions for its Round Two Selection (25).

kruder
07-10-2022, 07:51 PM
Dunkley done yet? Lol Still can’t believe dunks has chosen the lions was always going to be a challenge. I wish him all the best but he has been poorly advised here.

bornadog
10-10-2022, 02:40 PM
Melbourne gets pick 13, Fremantle's future first round pick and future second round pick (tied to the Dockers) in exchange for Jackson, picks 44 and 67. GWS gets Toby Bedford.

bulldogsthru&thru
10-10-2022, 02:44 PM
Not a bad result for Melbourne. 2 firsts and a second with an early third and 67 going back to freo.

Lobb deal probably gets done now. Although apparently the AFL is thinking of a 5 man bench for next season. Might hurt us given our poor ruck supply.

Grantysghost
10-10-2022, 02:47 PM
I rate Bedford.

Dees not getting a top 10 isn't great if you ask me for Jackson.

But you have to accept what you can.

It's a reasonable deal, maybe they'll trade those two firsts up higher.

soupman
10-10-2022, 02:49 PM
Interesting. It's basically what we asked for for Dunks. Two middling first round picks except they got thrown in an early second rounder (but lost Bedford).

bornadog
10-10-2022, 03:08 PM
I rate Bedford.

Dees not getting a top 10 isn't great if you ask me for Jackson.

But you have to accept what you can.

It's a reasonable deal, maybe they'll trade those two firsts up higher.

Melbourne trade Toby Bedford to GWS GIANTS for its Round Three Selection (44).

The Bulldogs Bite
10-10-2022, 03:15 PM
Melbourne's 2023 will be interesting.

Lose Jackson, Hunt, Bedford and possibly Weideman.

Gain Grundy and an early pick - so it might even out - but you don't want to lose too much more senior depth. They'd also be hoping Grundy can get back to his best and stay fit, otherwise....

bornadog
10-10-2022, 04:04 PM
Will Setterfield is now a Bomber. Carlton has traded the midfielder and pick 68 to Essendon for a future fourth-round selection

Grantysghost
10-10-2022, 04:04 PM
Melbourne trade Toby Bedford to GWS GIANTS for its Round Three Selection (44).

Cheap!

GVGjr
10-10-2022, 04:08 PM
Will Setterfield is now a Bomber. Carlton has traded the midfielder and pick 68 to Essendon for a future fourth-round selection

He now has a chance to get some games as he was behind other too many other players.

bornadog
10-10-2022, 04:12 PM
The Gold Coast SUNS trade Izak Rankine, its Round Three Selection (46), its Future Fourth Round Selection (tied to Fremantle) to the Adelaide Crows for its Round One Selection (5), its Future Third and Future Fourth Round Selection.

hujsh
10-10-2022, 04:21 PM
I think that's a fairish deal.

Rankine was a high pick but hasn't shown he's certain to make it yet.

Grantysghost
10-10-2022, 04:27 PM
I think that's a fairish deal.

Rankine was a high pick but hasn't shown he's certain to make it yet.

I always find it strange when a former #3 pick in a very strong early draft goes for less after a couple of years of pro development.

Crows have done ok. It's a buyer's market!

The Bulldogs Bite
10-10-2022, 04:42 PM
I know there's other pick swaps but the only one that ACTUALLY matters to both clubs is Pick 5.

In what world is Rankine worthy of pick 5?

A small, inconsistent, inflexible small forward who is lucky to net 10 disposals/a goal a game?

That's horrendous list management by Adelaide who have holes everywhere.

GVGjr
10-10-2022, 04:47 PM
I know there's other pick swaps but the only one that ACTUALLY matters to both clubs is Pick 5.

In what world is Rankine worthy of pick 5?

A small, inconsistent, inflexible small forward who is lucky to net 10 disposals/a goal a game?

That's horrendous list management by Adelaide who have holes everywhere.

I struggle with Rankine but will acknowledge he did play some very good footy this year.
Potential upside is the main reason why clubs would consider him.

jazzadogs
10-10-2022, 05:19 PM
Rankine and Jackson, similar in age and original draft position.

One traded for pick 5 and some late pick swaps.

One traded for pick 13, future 1st (likely >10) and future 2nd with some pick swaps.

Which trade would you prefer?

bulldogsthru&thru
10-10-2022, 05:21 PM

One traded for pick 13, future 1st (likely >10) and future 2nd with some pick swaps.

For me it would depend if there was a player we REALLY wanted and could get with pick 5. It's a fairly even draft this year and next year's is meant to be a bumper crop so I'd take the second option. But if we thought there was a 'franchise' player in the top 5 this year then I'd take the first.

hujsh
10-10-2022, 05:28 PM
For me it would depend if there was a player we REALLY wanted and could get with pick 5. It's a fairly even draft this year and next year's is meant to be a bumper crop so I'd take the second option. But if we thought there was a 'franchise' player in the top 5 this year then I'd take the first.

Also depends on the state of your list. For us we might value a more even spread of high end picks given we've focused so much into Darcy and JUH. I think most teams would prefer the pick 5 more often than not though

bulldogsthru&thru
10-10-2022, 05:32 PM
Also depends on the state of your list. For us we might value a more even spread of high end picks given we've focused so much into Darcy and JUH. I think most teams would prefer the pick 5 more often than not though
That's what pushed me towards the second option - getting MORE high picks rather than 1 top 5 pick. I feel we need to start creating some depth through the draft, particularly in the midfield.

Grantysghost
10-10-2022, 05:37 PM

I reckon the Rankine deal is better, however the dees may be able to package those up and get higher.

Grantysghost
10-10-2022, 05:38 PM

Yes that's true, not all drafts are created equal and if 5 is no better than 15 then you'd take the Jackson deal everyday.

jazzadogs
10-10-2022, 06:13 PM
I agree that the Rankine deal is the better deal in most instances.

Think the demons would be looking on with envy, similar to how we wish Dunkley had chosen a better trading partner.

bornadog
10-10-2022, 06:17 PM
Mega trade

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fer-FX4aUAAJ52M?format=png&name=medium

GVGjr
10-10-2022, 06:22 PM
Huge deal. It appears GWS are so keen to get Cadman and West Coast is targeting Gibney

Scraggers
10-10-2022, 08:11 PM
I don’t understand how North have given up last year’s first round pick and this year’s first round pick for pick #2 and #3 (plus shrapnel). Surely they lose on this deal

Go_Dogs
10-10-2022, 08:31 PM
I don’t understand how North have given up last year’s first round pick and this year’s first round pick for pick #2 and #3 (plus shrapnel). Surely they lose on this deal

Yes, it’s an odd one. 2 x #1 picks for pick 2 and 3…

Scraggers
10-10-2022, 08:48 PM
Yes, it’s an odd one. 2 x #1 picks for pick 2 and 3…

And Eagles give up Junior Rioli AND pick two for #8 and #12 ??? This deal doesn’t make sense on so many levels

azabob
10-10-2022, 08:52 PM
And Eagles give up Junior Rioli AND pick two for #8 and #12 ??? This deal doesn’t make sense on so many levels

I guess North value pick 2 and 3 rather than just pick 1? Talk they are now shopping pick 3.

Secondly they would get less next year for JHF and face the exact same scenario we are seeing play out.

W/C must have two local boys they want. Apparently they are concerned with the go home factor.

Go_Dogs
11-10-2022, 10:44 AM
I guess North value pick 2 and 3 rather than just pick 1? Talk they are now shopping pick 3.

Secondly they would get less next year for JHF and face the exact same scenario we are seeing play out.

W/C must have two local boys they want. Apparently they are concerned with the go home factor.

They also got a future first round which I’d originally missed that balances it a bit too.

bornadog
11-10-2022, 10:58 AM
Jack Gunston is now a Lion. He gets to Brisbane for their 48 and a future fourth-rounder.

MrMahatma
11-10-2022, 11:00 AM

I think they've done well. JHF wanted out and next year, uncontracted and potentially with an average year under his belt cause he didn't want to be there, they wouldn't have gotten as much. PLUS, you need other teams interested in trading. So instead of 2 #1s, they get #2, #3, and another first rounder. I think in the phase their list is in, this isn't too bad. Particularly in the context of JHF 100% leaving next season (he would've) and they'd be in a high stakes stand off like we are.

GVGjr
11-10-2022, 11:05 AM
Jack Gunston is now a Lion. He gets to Brisbane for their 48 and a future fourth-rounder.

That's a good get for them. He's going to kick around 40 goals for them including a couple of bags of 5.

Rocket Science
11-10-2022, 11:22 AM
That's a good get for them. He's going to kick around 40 goals for them including a couple of bags of 5.

So what you're saying is we'll play the Lions twice?

The Adelaide Connection
11-10-2022, 12:47 PM

If I am honest, I would rather Gunston than Lobb. Sounds like he was cheaper too.

bornadog
11-10-2022, 12:49 PM
If I am honest, I would rather Gunston than Lobb. Sounds like he was cheaper too.

Can he ruck?

The Bulldogs Bite
11-10-2022, 12:51 PM

Really?

Lobb is far more valuable.

Gunston was good.... 3 years ago? He's finished.

jazzadogs
11-10-2022, 01:24 PM
Really?

Lobb is far more valuable.

Gunston was good.... 3 years ago? He's finished.

32 goals from 16 games in a side that won 5, lost 11. I think that's pretty good going for someone who is finished.

We need more natural forwards in our team and I would have loved for us to chase Gunston or Breust - but not at the expense of Lobb who we need as 2nd ruck.

The Bulldogs Bite
11-10-2022, 01:32 PM
32 goals from 16 games in a side that won 5, lost 11. I think that's pretty good going for someone who is finished.

We need more natural forwards in our team and I would have loved for us to chase Gunston or Breust - but not at the expense of Lobb who we need as 2nd ruck.

It's a little tongue in cheek, but he's nowhere near the player that he was.

He's also pretty limited; he's a mark/lead type only now. He also won't get the same opportunity at Brisbane that he did at Hawthorn, because the Bears actually have other options.

Lobb is a much more well-rounded, damaging player.

bornadog
11-10-2022, 02:42 PM
Grundy to Melbourne pick 27 to Collingwood.

The Pies have also traded in Billy Frampton from Adelaide for a future third-round pick.

Grantysghost
11-10-2022, 02:57 PM
Grundy to Melbourne pick 27 to Collingwood.

The Pies have also traded in Billy Frampton from Adelaide for a future third-round pick.

27! Fmd. That's a good deal.

bulldogtragic
11-10-2022, 03:01 PM

Plus Collingwood pay salary and rumours he takes a pay cut too.

Happy we didn’t want anything to do with that.

hujsh
11-10-2022, 03:02 PM

I wonder. I get he was signed on for a massive deal but the fact they're letting him go means

1. They don't feel like they need him (to be fair they performed well without him)\
2. They don't think he's that valuable.
OR
2a. They think his body is stuffed.

Melbourne must have done their medical and everything but it's a strange move (given they have Gawn) that may be more Jack Steven than Ben Brown

josie
11-10-2022, 03:06 PM
My money is on 2a. Only time will tell.

bulldogtragic
11-10-2022, 03:16 PM
So Grundy to 2021 premiers for 27
7/Bowes to 20222 premiers for future third

Trav Cloke to 2016 premiers

Why wasn’t gifting premiers stuff a thing in 2016?

bornadog
11-10-2022, 03:16 PM
Geelong complete Bowes deal for pick No.7, for a future third-round pick

The Bulldogs Bite
11-10-2022, 03:18 PM

FFS.

This comp is *!*!*!*!ed.

hujsh
11-10-2022, 03:19 PM

That's ridiculous. You shouldn't be free to buy picks with shady off the books deals (which given he's apparently spreading his salary over 4 years is absolutely what's happening)

Legit bringing the game into disrepute stuff

Grantysghost
11-10-2022, 03:20 PM
FFS.

This comp is *!*!*!*!ed.

That's buying a pick, absolute rort.

bornadog
11-10-2022, 03:21 PM
That's buying a pick, absolute rort.

Suns opened it up to the competition and Geelong took it

Grantysghost
11-10-2022, 03:24 PM
Suns opened it up to the competition and Geelong took it

AFL allowed it is the issue for me.

They only took it because of the pick 7.

bornadog
11-10-2022, 03:25 PM
AFL allowed it is the issue for me.

They only took it because of the pick 7.

I agree, shouldn't happen

hujsh
11-10-2022, 03:35 PM
If you're downgrading a pick so someone takes a player from you under contract you should not be free to renegotiate the contract

hujsh new contract rule

GVGjr
11-10-2022, 05:04 PM
Hopper deal done

Future 1st and pick 31 and some late pick swaps

bornadog
11-10-2022, 05:05 PM
Hopper deal done

and Soldo stays at Tigers

bornadog
11-10-2022, 05:08 PM
Graham Wright on Traderadio
:

* Will pay a contribution to Grundy's salary at Melbourne
* "Won't accept" pick 25 for Ollie Henry
* "Some interest" in Tom Mitchell but unsure if the deal gets done
* Happy to just get Hill, McStay and Frampton
* Expects Fiorini to stay at Suns

The Bulldogs Bite
11-10-2022, 05:13 PM
Hopper deal done

Richmond and Geelong have done very, very well.

The rich get richer.

DOG GOD
11-10-2022, 05:22 PM
Richmond and Geelong have done very, very well.

The rich get richer.

Yep they certainly have…helps when players nominate them, and it seems they aren’t scared either to roll the dice with their first rounders if it’s a player they want. Both will be top 4 in 2023.

The Bulldogs Bite
11-10-2022, 05:24 PM
Apparently this is recent trading between GC and Geelong;

2019: Pick 64 + future 1st (pick 11) for pick 27
2020: Pick 27 for future 3rd (pick 52)
2022: Bowes + pick 7 for future 3rd (pick 37+)

How can this not be investigated?

DOG GOD
11-10-2022, 05:36 PM
Apparently this is recent trading between GC and Geelong;

2019: Pick 64 + future 1st (pick 11) for pick 27
2020: Pick 27 for future 3rd (pick 52)
2022: Bowes + pick 7 for future 3rd (pick 37+)

How can this not be investigated?

It’s a joke

Grantysghost
11-10-2022, 05:39 PM
Hopper deal done

Holy cow that's a bargain too. I think he's better than Taranto.
GWS really are an academy for the big Vic clubs.

DOG GOD
11-10-2022, 06:06 PM
Holy cow that's a bargain too. I think he's better than Taranto.
GWS really are an academy for the big Vic clubs.

And they’ll select Victorian Cadman with pick 1.
Watch him replace Hawkins or Lynch in 2025.

kruder
11-10-2022, 08:29 PM
Gunston for a few 4th rounders? Seriously? Where is the benefit?

They have very little group 1 talent on the list, there is absolutely no reason to trade out Gunston. Hawks continue to loose the plot exiting stars of their club.

Topdog
11-10-2022, 09:08 PM
Gunston for a few 4th rounders? Seriously? Where is the benefit?

They have very little group 1 talent on the list, there is absolutely no reason to trade out Gunston. Hawks continue to loose the plot exiting stars of their club.

Uncontracted and wanted to go. Brisbane made this deal so they could keep the Mcstay compensation

bornadog
11-10-2022, 09:13 PM
Uncontracted and wanted to go. Brisbane made this deal so they could keep the Mcstay compensation
Yes free agent

kruder
11-10-2022, 09:57 PM
They didn't want him last year either, has nothing to do with free agency.

Swoop
11-10-2022, 10:05 PM
With regards to Hawthorn, I understand the need to cut into your list for the purpose of a rebuild, but too much and you risk becoming uncompetitive.

North Melbourne is an example of a club that cut too deep and lost crucial role models for their younger players to learn from. You also need competition for spots to keep driving the standards on and off the field. Not sure they're making the right decisions potentially losing McEvoy, Gunston, Shiel, Mitchell, O'Meara, and even Phillips.

bornadog
12-10-2022, 04:10 PM
Aaron Francis is officially a Swan.
The former top-10 pick joins the club alongside pick 42 in exchange for pick 37 and a future fourth round selection.

bornadog
12-10-2022, 04:34 PM
Sam Weideman has been traded to Essendon. Paperwork has been lodged. Melbourne to receive pick No. 37 in return for the 2015 No. 9 pick. Picks No. 54 and 72 going to Essendon in the deal

GVGjr
12-10-2022, 04:34 PM
Sam Weideman has been traded to Essendon. Paperwork has been lodged. Melbourne to receive pick No. 37 in return for the 2015 No. 9 pick. Picks No. 54 and 72 going to Essendon in the deal

No wonder Melbourne is keen on Schache.

Grantysghost
12-10-2022, 04:35 PM
No wonder Melbourne is keen on Schache.

Which of those picks do we get?

bornadog
12-10-2022, 04:55 PM
The Western Bulldogs trade Josh Schache to Melbourne for its Future Fourth Round Selection.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fe19eWSUcAEBQWY?format=jpg&name=medium

Murphy'sLore
12-10-2022, 05:13 PM
I hope Shack has better luck with the Demons than he had with us. I wish him well, I can't help feeling we let him down.

EasternWest
12-10-2022, 06:03 PM
I hope Shack has better luck with the Demons than he had with us. I wish him well, I can't help feeling we let him down.

Yeah good luck to him. Seems a good fella.

bulldogsthru&thru
12-10-2022, 06:06 PM
Yeah this is going to be one of those trades where I'll watch Schaches progress. He's a terrific footballer.

G-Mo77
12-10-2022, 06:17 PM

Feels that way, that being said he just lacks something. He certainly has the tools but between the ears I don't think is there.

Grantysghost
12-10-2022, 06:20 PM
Yeah good luck to him. Seems a good fella.

Nice guys finish last EW.

Grantysghost
12-10-2022, 06:25 PM
Feels that way, that being said he just lacks something. He certainly has the tools but between the ears I don't think is there.

He just doesn't have the intensity required for AFL.

It's a bit hard to quantify but he just seems sluggish.

To me he's a pure forward. Lead Mark goal.

But hes bad on turnover so not surprised Bevo doesn't rate

Forget any where else.

G-Mo77
12-10-2022, 06:28 PM
He just doesn't have the intensity required for AFL.

It's a bit hard to quantify but he just seems sluggish.

To me he's a pure forward. Lead Mark goal.

But hes bad on turnover so not surprised Bevo doesn't rate

Forget any where else.

Yeah seems a bit laconic at times. I still don't think we did give him enough strings of games together to build confidence in himself. It's a depth loss, shouldn't burn us too much.

EasternWest
12-10-2022, 06:44 PM
Nice guys finish last EW.

Not in my experience.

Wait I've said too much.

Grantysghost
12-10-2022, 07:02 PM
Not in my experience.

Wait I've said too much.

He's too dangerous to be kept alive!

bornadog
12-10-2022, 08:56 PM
https://www.woof.net.au/forum/blob:https://www.woof.net.au/51985e75-2165-4418-8c86-fdccd4bd5e33Meek to Hawks, Omeara to Freo, Hawks also F2

DOG GOD
12-10-2022, 09:59 PM
Are hawks ready to tank next year ?
Mitchell, O’Meara, McEnvoy, Gunston all gone.

chef
12-10-2022, 10:01 PM
Are hawks ready to tank next year ?
Mitchell, O’Meara, McEnvoy, Gunston all gone.

They want to win the Harley Reid cup

hujsh
12-10-2022, 10:10 PM
They want to do a Hawks from the early 2000s but they're doing a North from just recently

EasternWest
12-10-2022, 10:37 PM
They want to do a Hawks from the early 2000s but they're doing a North from just recently

Chortle

bornadog
13-10-2022, 12:27 AM
All the confirmed trades

https://www.afl.com.au/trade/trade-tracker

bornadog
21-10-2022, 05:30 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FfkQsMjakAAtSzu?format=jpg&name=large

bulldogtragic
21-10-2022, 05:33 PM
GWS not bidding on Ashcroft.

Grantysghost
21-10-2022, 05:35 PM
GWS not bidding on Ashcroft.

North will you'd expect.

bulldogtragic
21-10-2022, 05:38 PM
North will you'd expect.

Doesn’t matter. They parted with 194 DPs. By GWS not bidding they save about 400 DPs, even if North bid.

GVGjr
15-11-2022, 04:00 PM
Trade paperwork lodged.
North Melbourne trade its Round Three Selection (43) to Fremantle for its Future Round Four Selection (tied to Hawthorn).

Bulldog Revolution
15-11-2022, 04:50 PM
Trade paperwork lodged.
North Melbourne trade its Round Three Selection (43) to Fremantle for its Future Round Four Selection (tied to Hawthorn).

So an early round 3 pick for a likely early round 4 pick

Is this a Sweetener to accompany early trades between the parties - Tucker and Logue?

GVGjr
15-11-2022, 06:24 PM

Is this a Sweetener to accompany early trades between the parties - Tucker and Logue?

Hard to know but it seems to be a bad deal for North.

Bulldog Joe
15-11-2022, 06:45 PM

North currently have 2,3 and 23.
Perhaps they are not intending to use any more than that but will look for mature agers to fill the list.

Grantysghost
15-11-2022, 07:08 PM

The answer is yes and it’s pretty average collusion.

Bulldog Revolution
15-11-2022, 07:17 PM

North currently have 2,3 and 23.
Perhaps they are not intending to use any more than that but will look for mature agers to fill the list.

Yes it does, which is why I asked the question GVG.

Even if they weren't using the pick, as Bulldog Joe has suggested, it still seems like they've sold it for too little - they likely could have got a future third rounder couldn't they?

The answer is yes and it’s pretty average collusion.

It looks very suspect to me GG

Happy Days
15-11-2022, 08:16 PM
They’re going to pick Boomer Harvey’s kid with their last pick, so wanted to trade out of a pick they don’t have to use for an asset in next year’s draft.

Even if the logic is sound it still feels like cents on the dollar. Feel like one of the good teams would’ve given up a future 3rd but what do I know.

Dogs 24/7
15-11-2022, 08:29 PM
They’re going to pick Boomer Harvey’s kid with their last pick, so wanted to trade out of a pick they don’t have to use for an asset in next year’s draft.

Even if the logic is sound it still feels like cents on the dollar. Feel like one of the good teams would’ve given up a future 3rd but what do I know.

Thanks for filling in the blanks.

divvydan
15-11-2022, 08:41 PM
Recruiters who have spoken publicly seem to be thinking that next year's draft is going to be strong, so I can imagine that makes every pick from next year worth more than it otherwise would.

Grantysghost
15-11-2022, 09:48 PM

It does feel a stretch. I mean Freos fourth rounder will likely be a pick in the mid 60s to 70s.

azabob
15-11-2022, 09:59 PM
It does feel a stretch. I mean Freos fourth rounder will likely be a pick in the mid 60s to 70s.

It’s linked to Hawthorn

Grantysghost
15-11-2022, 10:24 PM
It’s linked to Hawthorn

Yeah, their fourth round pick this season is 64 before bids etc.
Fourth round starts at 59.