PDA

View Full Version : AFLW R6 DOGS V CATS @ Mars Stadium GAME DAY THREAD

SonofScray
30-09-2022, 05:28 PM
Round 6 • Western Bulldogs v Geelong Cats
Saturday 1 October 2022 • 2:10 PM (AEST)

https://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/news/1230849/everything-you-need-to-know-aflw-bulldogs-v-geelong

We’re heading up Ballarat Rd to our second home for the next hit out and an opportunity to get back on the winners list in Rocky Cranston’s 50th game, against her old club nonetheless.

We are 1 game up on Geelong, but their percentage is in better shape after they belted St Kilda last week. This should actually be a really good indicator of where the girls are at, are we as good as we’ve looked early, and likely to stay up the top as the results start to shake a few out of the tree in the current group of 5 on equal points, or will we settle into a group just below the really high performing teams.

A win goes a long way to putting us right in the mix, I think.

I can’t attend this week, but would have loved to jump in the car and get up there for it. Instead I’ll be spending a fortune on my daughter and god son at the Show, having forgotten to check the fixture before booking tickets.

Dogs by 9 points
Rocky kicks 2
Elsa BOG.

SonofScray
30-09-2022, 07:47 PM
Team just dropped:

B: I Grant, K Lynch
HB: N Ferres, E Brown, S Hartwig
C: I Pritchard, J Fitzgerald, E Bennetts
HF: D Berry, R Cranston, H Woodley
F: G Newton, A Edmonds
R: C Moody, E Blackburn, K Lamb
Int: M Brown, E Georgostathis, R Wilcox, N Morris-Dalton, K Coyne
Emer: G Lagioia, B Hunt, B Vernon

IN: M Brown, K Coyne

OUT: B Hunt, G Lagioia (omitted)

jazzadogs
30-09-2022, 07:54 PM
It's a very even competition through the middle this year (the best and worst are still a long way apart, as Adelaide showed last week).

The top 5 on the ladder have 4 wins out of 5, then there's another 4 teams with three wins and another 4 with two wins. Having some relative easy beats has made it harder to separate the top teams, especially when you don't play everyone once.

We need to take advantage of our weaker draw and get some finals experience for our women.

Testekill
01-10-2022, 03:10 PM
Hartwig a late out due to a neck spasm during training, Hunt back in.

Testekill
01-10-2022, 03:19 PM
Ball camped in our half at the moment, Geelong are defending well but turning it over at the half forward line.

Grantysghost
01-10-2022, 03:21 PM
Wow the great wall of Pritchard.

Newton is a star her leading patterns are A grade

Testekill
01-10-2022, 03:34 PM
Let ourselves down by not putting more impact on the scoreboard despite our dominance, still leading though.

jazzadogs
01-10-2022, 04:04 PM
Cats are playing very well, Shelley Scott has been a good inclusion up forward and Morrison is covering for Prespakis.

We have moved the ball well but struggled with our final kicks into the forward 50 - a uniquely bulldog approach.

Pritchard, Lynch and Grant have been very good, with lots of ball in our defensive 50.

The Underdog
01-10-2022, 04:35 PM
Is Alice Edmonds eligible to play AFLM?

Grantysghost
01-10-2022, 04:38 PM
How are the Cats this good already.

Cmon dogs!

bornadog
01-10-2022, 04:39 PM
Is Alice Edmonds eligible to play AFLM?

Ex basketballer

The Underdog
01-10-2022, 04:40 PM
Ex basketballer

Best tap ruck on either of our lists

bornadog
01-10-2022, 04:41 PM
Moody should have marked that

Grantysghost
01-10-2022, 04:53 PM
*!*!*!*! I hate Geelong.

Why are they even a team.

Shit hole.

bornadog
01-10-2022, 05:04 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fd9kAptagAAh5lG?format=jpg&name=medium

josie
01-10-2022, 05:12 PM
Good fighting effort in last quarter. We should be rueing those missed set shots in first quarter. Let’s hope we win next week. Wilcox agein good for us, what a little livewire she is. Morrison for cats is a really good player, seemingly unstoppable.

Grantysghost
01-10-2022, 05:20 PM
Good fighting effort in last quarter. We should be rueing those missed set shots in first quarter. Let’s hope we win next week. Wilcox agein good for us, what a little livewire she is. Morrison for cats is a really good player, seemingly unstoppable.

Very good game.

Left our run just a little too late.

SquirrelGrip
01-10-2022, 07:19 PM
Was that Libba goal umpiring today?

https://i.postimg.cc/s2by0422/4-AB26-AFC-7-C45-4-B13-9-D91-BC7-C65126-B5-F.jpg (https://postimg.cc/SXLwn8C0)

Hotdog60
01-10-2022, 08:21 PM
What are peoples thoughts on Eleanor Brown I feel she has gone a little backwards this year or have the other players getting better.

The Underdog
01-10-2022, 08:53 PM
What are peoples thoughts on Eleanor Brown I feel she has gone a little backwards this year or have the other players getting better.

She’s being pushed out of the contest too easily to my eyes. And struggling against pacier opponents. Not sure if she’s being asked to play more one on one than previously but she’s a bit off her form from last year.

jazzadogs
01-10-2022, 09:28 PM

I've felt the same. She was excellent in season 5 and 6, but her role this year tends to be 1v1 with the opposition's best forward. I don't think this plays to her strengths. Katie Lynch has taken her spot as intercepting KPD which has probably improved the team overall.

SonofScray
01-10-2022, 09:40 PM

Took a few big knocks early in the season. Seems to have shaken her up a bit.

Hotdog60
01-10-2022, 09:57 PM
Interesting about Lynch taking her role. One on one doesn't suit her against more solid opponents I wonder if she needs to try a different position.
If she moved to the HFF it may free her up a bit more but in saying that she hasn't been as clean with her marking and efficiency has also dropped off.