PDA

View Full Version : Operation get Wingard?

hujsh
12-10-2022, 02:38 PM
Harks having another fire sale.

Might be one of the ones 'gettable' apparently.

Contract might be rich but we have Dunkley money and might be offloading Hunter.

What price would you pay? Would you not do it at all? Why not?

Imagine him and Weightman at the feet of a combo of Naughton Lobb JUH Bruce and Darcy.

bulldogtragic
12-10-2022, 02:41 PM
Where do I sign?

The Doctor
12-10-2022, 02:42 PM
Harks having another fire sale.

Might be one of the ones 'gettable' apparently.

Contract might be rich but we have Dunkley money and might be offloading Hunter.

What price would you pay? Would you not do it at all? Why not?

Imagine him at the feet of a combo of Naughton Lobb JUH Bruce, Darcy and Weightman.

edited for accuracy!

hujsh
12-10-2022, 02:44 PM
edited for accuracy!

My boy gets too much shade!

GVGjr
12-10-2022, 02:50 PM
Only played 10 games this year and 16 in 2021. The fact that he picked them over us 4 years indicates his decision making might not be great :)

hujsh
12-10-2022, 02:53 PM
Only played 10 games this year and 16 in 2021. The fact that he picked them over us 4 years indicates his decision making might not be great :)

Just 29, if anyone can get his body back in shape so he's playing until 34 it's us... right?

More senior Indigenous figures at the club wouldn't hurt either

The Bulldogs Bite
12-10-2022, 02:58 PM
Is he even any good anymore?

It depends on cost, but probably worth a sniff.

Rocket Science
12-10-2022, 02:59 PM
Oh dear. I get we're bored and frustrated but are we that bored and frustrated? (Not aimed at the conversation, but the target of it.)

Hawthorn punted on these types in an attempt to prolong their post-flag relevance and perhaps drive the next era and we know how well that went ... they really should have cut deeper, sooner but that wasn't Clarkson's style of course.

Wingard's been barely half the player he was at Port and increasingly struggles to stay on the park. He didn't want us at age 25, we surely don't want him at age 30.

NEXT.

Swoop
12-10-2022, 03:00 PM
He's a good target that suits our needs and would be reasonably priced but we should have been having this discussion months ago not on the final day of trade qweek.

bulldogtragic
12-10-2022, 03:01 PM
Is he even any good anymore?

It depends on cost, but probably worth a sniff.

Has to be a Sam Mitchell, Luke Hodge, Lewis trade for peanuts surely. If so is he an upgrade on McComb? I’ve not seen him play, but WOOF isn’t his biggest supporter it seems.

hujsh
12-10-2022, 03:01 PM
Oh dear. I get we're bored and frustrated but are we that bored and frustrated? (Not aimed at the conversation, but the target of it.)

Hawthorn punted on these types in an attempt to prolong their post-flag relevance and perhaps drive the next era and we know how well that went ... they really should have cut deeper, sooner but that wasn't Clarkson's style of course.

Wingard's been barely half the player he was at Port and increasingly struggles to stay on the park. He didn't want us at age 25, we surely don't want him at age 30.

NEXT.

YES.

I want something good. Hope! Put that sweet hope juice in my tummy

hujsh
12-10-2022, 03:02 PM
Has to be a Sam Mitchell, Luke Hodge, Lewis trade for peanuts surely. If so is he an upgrade on McComb? I’ve not seen him play, but WOOF isn’t his biggest supporter it seems.

This is adorable. He's also an upgrade on McNeil despite what the phantom Lions supporter might say (which also makes more sense now that I think about it)

bulldogtragic
12-10-2022, 03:03 PM
This is adorable. He's also an upgrade on McNeil despite what the phantom Lions supporter might say (which also makes more sense now that I think about it)

So the last spot would be Wingard or Butler/Wallis?

Axe Man
12-10-2022, 03:05 PM
Kicked 17 goals in 10 games this year and never went goalless. Not quite the player he was and there are obvious concerns about his body, but he is a better small forward option than JJ, McNeil, etc. I would be interested if it was a bargain basement trade.

However I am assuming it's far too late in proceedings for this to happen now with our plates full getting Dunkley and Lobb across the line.

Grantysghost
12-10-2022, 03:06 PM

McComb is a 6ft guy with a solid neck who gives everything but is a bit limited disposal wise.
I've seen worse players, but he's not in the same stratosphere as Wingard talent wise.
He's made it the hard way though, so combine the two you might have a player.

hujsh
12-10-2022, 03:07 PM
Kicked 17 goals in 10 games this year and never went goalless. Not quite the player he was and there are obvious concerns about his body, but he is a better small forward option than JJ, McNeil, etc. I would be interested if it was a bargain basement trade.

However I am assuming it's far too late in proceedings for this to happen now with our plates full getting Dunkley and Lobb across the line.

Or maybe... just maybe... he's the key to busting both deals wide open!

Take it away BT!

Grantysghost
12-10-2022, 03:11 PM

Take it away BT!

If we don't get Wingard I'm not renewing my membership.

That's how excited and confident I am.

BT make it happen.

Someone start the

Welcome to the Bulldogs : The Chad thread.

bulldogtragic
12-10-2022, 03:14 PM

Take it away BT!

We take Wingard and his salary, O’Meara is then free to go to Freo with that salary part paid in part as the rumour is. Freo then trade Lobb after that deal. We kick back until 7.29pm until Brisbane shit or get off the pot.

Done.

Grantysghost
12-10-2022, 03:15 PM
We take Wingard and his salary, O’Meara is then free to go to Freo with that salary part paid in part as the rumour is. Freo then trade Lobb after that deal. We kick back until 7.29pm until Brisbane shit or get off the pot.

Done.

Beautiful, and if we all change our avatars to Chad it's bound to appease the gods.

Topdog
12-10-2022, 03:16 PM
If we don't get Wingard I'm not renewing my membership.

That's how excited and confident I am.

BT make it happen.

Someone start the

Welcome to the Bulldogs : The Chad thread.

so just add a few words to this one?

https://www.woof.net.au/forum/showthread.php?18395-The-Chad-Thread

bulldogtragic
12-10-2022, 03:16 PM
Beautiful, and if we all change our avatars to Chad it's bound to appease the gods.

He’d take our number of indigenous player count to 4. A record equal level of 4. Big accomplishment by our history.

hujsh
12-10-2022, 03:17 PM
so just add a few words to this one?

https://www.woof.net.au/forum/showthread.php?18395-The-Chad-Thread

shhhh that one has bad mojo

bulldogtragic
12-10-2022, 03:18 PM
Chad is liking Jack Redpath’s Insta posts.

We’re in baby!

bornadog
12-10-2022, 03:19 PM
No thanks, I have never rated him

Grantysghost
12-10-2022, 03:21 PM
Chad is liking Jack Redpath’s Insta posts.

We’re in baby!

That's pretty much signed sealed and delivered.

Chad crumbing at the feet of Marra and Naughts, engrave the cup.

Grantysghost
12-10-2022, 03:21 PM

What about the time he won the showdown with a leg break?

GVGjr
12-10-2022, 03:26 PM

What are you reasons BAD?

bornadog
12-10-2022, 03:27 PM
What about the time he won the showdown with a leg break?

What are you reasons BAD?

My issue with him is consistency. He is too hot and cold and at age 29, not sure he is any better

The Bulldogs Bite
12-10-2022, 03:28 PM
Wingard has always been cream, not cake.

Unfortunately for him, Hawthorn are crumbs.

He could be a good get for a top 6 club if his body is OK.

hujsh
12-10-2022, 03:28 PM
My issue with him is consistency. He is too hot and cold and at age 29, not sure he is any better

Should fit right in with us

Axe Man
12-10-2022, 04:12 PM

Interesting. :D

https://i.postimg.cc/pLRnvNpw/chad.png (https://postimages.org/)

bornadog
12-10-2022, 04:13 PM
Interesting. :D

https://i.postimg.cc/pLRnvNpw/chad.png (https://postimages.org/)

I changed my mind :D

bulldogsthru&thru
12-10-2022, 04:32 PM
He made an extremely poor decision to join the hawks instead of us. What could have been. Don't want him any more. We don't need more players who are inconsistent with their application and have attitude problems.

1eyedog
12-10-2022, 04:33 PM
Wingard yes please in a good team he'll be very useful.

bornadog
12-10-2022, 04:36 PM
He made an extremely poor decision to join the hawks instead of us. What could have been. Don't want him any more. We don't need more players who are inconsistent with their application and have attitude problems.

At the time we were knocked back by Impy and Wingard because we didn't have an indigenous programme.

bulldogsthru&thru
12-10-2022, 04:39 PM
At the time we were knocked back by Impy and Wingard because we didn't have an indigenous programme.

I do remember that. It hasn't aged well for hawthorn.

GVGjr
12-10-2022, 04:39 PM

Was that every confirmed or was it speculated?

bornadog
12-10-2022, 04:40 PM
I do remember that. It hasn't aged well for hawthorn.

True - what looked like a club with great ability to look after indigenous players has fallen into a hole.

bornadog
12-10-2022, 04:40 PM

That is what my memory tells me

Topdog
12-10-2022, 05:05 PM

To be fair I dont think issues like this are ever confirmed but it was heavily speculated.

Grantysghost
12-10-2022, 05:07 PM

I heard it from JT directly at a PS dinner. Was sitting next to him eating our meal and asked that direct question.

F'scary
12-10-2022, 05:14 PM

well, there are programs and there are programs.

ratsmac
12-10-2022, 05:39 PM
With Amon leaving Port to join the Hawks I'd be surprised if Wingard leaves. You'd think he would've helped sway Amon's decision to join. But who knows

hujsh
12-10-2022, 07:27 PM
Still an hour left to give someone a birthday present (must be someone's birthday)