PDA

View Full Version : Face in the Crowd

LostDoggy
30-03-2008, 10:47 PM
Was down the Punt Road end behind the goals and Tony Liberatore arrived just before the first bounce. One of his sons was fully decked out in Bulldogs gear. Hope he enjoyed the spectacle.

Anyone else of note spotted?

The Coon Dog
30-03-2008, 11:40 PM
At 3/4 time I took The Coon Pup over to have a chat with Roddy Vargas from the Melbourne Victory. He was terrific, barracks for Carlton & loved going to Princes Park to watch footy.

1eyedog
30-03-2008, 11:52 PM
I said gday to Jose Romero out the back of the members on Saturday.

Max469
30-03-2008, 11:54 PM
Simon Garlic

The Coon Dog
31-03-2008, 12:04 AM
[QUOTE=Max469;31135]Simon Garlick/QUOTE]

Garlo is a board member too.

Board members (http://westernbulldogs.com.au/TheClub/Boardmembers/tabid/4211/default.aspx)

Dry Rot
31-03-2008, 12:22 AM
Board members (http://westernbulldogs.com.au/TheClub/Boardmembers/tabid/4211/default.aspx)

We got the wrong Barry Hall.

LostDoggy
31-03-2008, 12:29 AM
At 3/4 time I took The Coon Pup over to have a chat with Roddy Vargas from the Melbourne Victory. He was terrific, barracks for Carlton & loved going to Princes Park to watch footy.

Rody is a great mate of mine (we've both been going to the same church for years), and you're right TCD, he is a cracking bloke, humble and down to earth, and does heaps of great charity and school visitation work behind the scenes .. was interviewed on SEN while in Bangkok when Victory played Chonburi, and he mentioned that he was in a night market and watches were going for $5 and I smsed SEN and told them that that was a rip-off (no seriously, if you haggle you can get them for below $2) and he laughed, then after the interview I called him over there and he couldn't believe it was someone he knew. He got me a hilarious t-shirt with an elephant kicking a ball. I'll let him know he came up on our forum over here.

ledge
31-03-2008, 06:27 PM
Maybe we can get into him and turn him into a bulldog fan, i am sure he does not want to be associated with Underbelly!
Hey if you get a picture of him in a Bulldog jumper and post it on here,i will become a Victory member next season.

ledge
31-03-2008, 06:28 PM
Hey then again with his hair, maybe he should have gone for the Gangitano part.

LostDoggy
31-03-2008, 09:40 PM
I saw Garry Ablett SNR at the Granny last year. Just happened to look up then there he was, with his halow and all.

Dancin' Douggy
31-03-2008, 11:41 PM
I saw Garry Ablett SNR at the Granny last year. Just happened to look up then there he was, with his halow and all.

Halo

LostDoggy
31-03-2008, 11:50 PM
Maybe we can get into him and turn him into a bulldog fan, i am sure he does not want to be associated with Underbelly!
Hey if you get a picture of him in a Bulldog jumper and post it on here,i will become a Victory member next season.

Game On!

LostDoggy
31-03-2008, 11:55 PM

Oh, I just remembered.. I invited Rody and Fred (remember him?) to a sports function a couple of years back, and I have a photo of Fred wearing a Doggies cap and scarf that I gave him... I'll go look for it.

The Coon Dog
31-03-2008, 11:58 PM
Oh, I just remembered.. I invited Rody and Fred (remember him?) to a sports function a couple of years back, and I have a photo of Fred wearing a Doggies cap and scarf that I gave him... I'll go look for it.

I was talking to Roddy about Fred on Saturday & he said that next season Fred will be playing in Qatar.

LostDoggy
01-04-2008, 12:03 AM
And here it is!

http://www.woof.net.au/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=68&stc=1&d=1206964825

BulldogBelle
01-04-2008, 12:26 AM
Good picture Lantern, is that you sitting behind him?

LostDoggy
01-04-2008, 12:28 AM
Haha no! That's the business manager of one of the Melbourne Uni residential colleges that I used to be a residential tutor at.

LostDoggy
01-04-2008, 12:30 AM
ps. I've got a photo of Rody and Fred and myself from that night, and I'm in a Maradona afro wig (I was emcee for the night and it was my get-up). Was funny seeing those photos.. seems like such a long time ago!

BulldogBelle
01-04-2008, 12:32 AM
Haha no! That's the business manager of one of the Melbourne Uni residential colleges that I used to be a residential tutor at.

I didn't think so, I was mucking about. :D

hujsh
01-04-2008, 12:47 AM
I was talking to Roddy about Fred on Saturday & he said that next season Fred will be playing in Qatar.

No way. Surely for the money. Would the Q-League be better quality than the A-League and the MLS?

ledge
01-04-2008, 05:58 PM
Hey Lantern , close but no cigar... Roddy with Bulldogs jumper on.

LostDoggy
01-04-2008, 07:43 PM
Is no one else impressed that there is a photo of our Fred in a Doggies cap and scarf? If it was a Collingwood scarf Eddie would be all over it! Haha.

I'll get Rody in a Dogs t-shirt and scarf (I don't have a jumper) this weekend.

hujsh
01-04-2008, 07:53 PM
Is no one else impressed that there is a photo of our Fred in a Doggies cap and scarf? If it was a Collingwood scarf Eddie would be all over it! Haha.

Allot more people would be impressed if he was still here

ledge
01-04-2008, 09:11 PM
with to ledge from roddy signed lol

ledge
03-04-2008, 11:38 PM
I remember seeing Norman Yemm at the Western oval, anyone remember him?

Sockeye Salmon
04-04-2008, 10:08 AM
I remember seeing Norman Yemm at the Western oval, anyone remember him?

The Sullivans.

He used to run in those 400m races at half time of the VFA match of the day.

Twodogs
04-04-2008, 11:50 AM

I'm impressed you got Fred into a doggies cap. I'd be even more impressed if you posted a photo of Rody Vargas with his brand new Bulldogs members ticket!

ledge
04-04-2008, 06:31 PM
I think Norman Yemm came second in the stawell gift one year, apart from the old homicide and Sullivans, was he a bulldogs supporter and did he ever live in the western suburbs?

ledge
04-04-2008, 06:33 PM
Sockeye, this is sad, we are showing our age now

LostDoggy
05-04-2008, 12:58 AM
Libber was up on level 2 tonight behind the cheersquad, croft was there as well.

Sockeye Salmon
05-04-2008, 01:18 AM
Libber was up on level 2 tonight behind the cheersquad, croft was there as well.

Was he barracking for us?

LostDoggy
05-04-2008, 01:46 AM
Was he barracking for us?

He just sat there with a smug look on his face, didnt clap once, but did stay there till the boys went off the ground.

LostDoggy
05-04-2008, 08:44 AM
Libba has his problems but I don't think you can doubt his love for the club.

ledge
05-04-2008, 12:58 PM
I think its called passion for his club, its hard not to comment when the club in certain aspects was in a bit of a mess late last year.
He has no media experience and for all we know probably gobbed off in a moment of hurt for club,(and not getting job), and we all know the media they jumped on it and ran as many kilometres out of it as they could.
Libber was probably a bit nieve with the media and just blurted his thoughts out at the time, as we all do.
Yes he probably said wrong things , just his opinion, maybe he is a no brainer, but correct me if i am wrong but poor old Doug Hawkins has put his foot in mouth at times about the bulldogs, but we all know he means well.

LostDoggy
05-04-2008, 01:42 PM
i sat on the plane on the way back from the loss to adelaide at AAMI last year..dissapointing game but to sit on the same plane as the team, behind big will and to the right of scotty west was awesome.

and i was the only bloody fan on the plane..so i got plenty of autographs at the baggage claim :D

LostDoggy
05-04-2008, 03:17 PM
Callan Ward and Boumann were all decked out in their nice suits complete with Bulldogs tie last night, just loitering around the cheer squad - signed a few autographs and got some photos taken. I am not sure why they were there - just being sociable I guess. Doogs rang down to the cheer squad at one stage - looking rather fine;) bu the didn't hang around.

ledge
05-04-2008, 03:39 PM
Callan Ward and Boumann were all decked out in their nice suits complete with Bulldogs tie last night, just loitering around the cheer squad - signed a few autographs and got some photos taken. I am not sure why they were there - just being sociable I guess. Doogs rang down to the cheer squad at one stage - looking rather fine;) bu the didn't hang around.
Yeah i saw Boumann wanted to give him a smacking.
Whats with that stupid hairstyle anyway?

LostDoggy
05-04-2008, 06:19 PM

They were in the bulldogs backyard bit. Tommy williams was also there.

Doogs was talking to his player sponsor from last year when he was in/near the cheersquad, and he ended up sitting with another person(i know his name is carlos) for just about the whole game.

ledge
11-04-2008, 01:05 PM

Hey Lantern im still waiting!!

LostDoggy
11-04-2008, 05:48 PM
Oh right! We were super busy last weekend and Rody had a game to prepare for (Gamba Osaka) so didn't want to bother him too much. Will try to get it done this weekend. You'll definitely sign up for a Victory membership?

LostDoggy
11-04-2008, 05:50 PM
How many will sign up for a Victory membership if I get a signed photograph to all WOOF members of Rody in a Dogs scarf, and get him a Doggies membership?

ledge
11-04-2008, 05:50 PM
Oh right! We were super busy last weekend and Rody had a game to prepare for (Gamba Osaka) so didn't want to bother him too much. Will try to get it done this weekend. You'll definitely sign up for a Victory membership?

Yep, i know he had that game i watched it, just stirring you.
You will have to tell him why !