PDA

View Full Version : Training 2nd Feb 2007

LostDoggy
02-02-2007, 11:54 PM
Ventured to training today and it was very hot conditions. To the credit of the players they handled the hot weather very well. These training session have become very predictable and as normal the the session was split into the rehabilitation and the main groups.

The Rehab group consisted of
Robbins, who looks as fit as but is not getting into too much work at all although it was a big improvement on previous weeks
Hargrave, who must be very close to joining the main group,
Williams, Stack, Grant, Walsh, Hahn and Murphy.
Saw Cooney for a few seconds.

Some of the better performers included Hughes, Faulkner, Pask, Ray and Power. McDougall also performed well and seems to be improving with each session. I doubt that his fitness in anywhere near 100% but it is building nicely. I'd hate to see him suffer a set back giving the progress he is making.
Higgins and Addison are a lot bigger than last season and both went well today.
Lynch, Harbrow and Hill are an exciting group and their pace and anticipation skills are 1st rate. If these guys mature into senior players then we will have a seriously quick team.
I talked to one of the trainers who mentioned that they were very happy with Paul O'Shea's progress. For what it's worth, O'Shea often gets mistaken by the supporters for Sam Power.
Michael West copped a minor knee injury but they seemed to think everything was OK.

Go_Dogs
03-02-2007, 12:19 PM
What does everyone think about the way we selected in the draft? It appears much more likely that Hughes and Harbrow are closer to senior games this year than Stack and Hill, O'Shea etc.

Does anyone feel that we should have perhaps put one of Harbrow/Hughes on the senior list, and rookied one of the younger kids who are less likely to play this year?

Or does doing that leave us open to having our rookies taken by someone else if they are playing well?

Go_Dogs
03-02-2007, 12:24 PM
Also, does Streets injury at this time help Skipper out at all as far as making the team, or perhaps getting the NAB games to show his wares?

bulldogtragic
03-02-2007, 02:49 PM
What does everyone think about the way we selected in the draft? It appears much more likely that Hughes and Harbrow are closer to senior games this year than Stack and Hill, O'Shea etc.

Does anyone feel that we should have perhaps put one of Harbrow/Hughes on the senior list, and rookied one of the younger kids who are less likely to play this year?

Or does doing that leave us open to having our rookies taken by someone else if they are playing well?
If our rookies are performing, than i would imagine that we would take them automatically.

With the retirements of Grant and Monty. And the possibility not all of DMAC, Faulkner and Skipper will make it. Than that lends to the idea that well have a few spots open up at the end of the year, and put us in position to promote any of our rookies.

But you must also remember re: Hughes and Harbrow. None of the 16 teams took them in the ND or PSD, and were looked over by pretty well every other club in the RD. There must have been an obvious reason, so i have faith Clayton and Eade got it right. And from training reports, i hope the boys can mix it up at the Bees and push for elevation.

bulldogtragic
03-02-2007, 02:50 PM
Also, does Streets injury at this time help Skipper out at all as far as making the team, or perhaps getting the NAB games to show his wares?
Could be Skips last roll of the dice. If he can get a month in the team that should be good for him. But if he fails to perform, than he might ne in strife. Which unfortunately for him, i think he might be in anyways.

LostDoggy
03-02-2007, 03:19 PM
Hey Billy Blog, do ya think there is something wrong with Robbo?

Dry Rot
03-02-2007, 11:23 PM
Which of the rookies have been the most impressive? Could all bar West play if they were needed?

LostDoggy
03-02-2007, 11:33 PM
Which of the rookies have been the most impressive? Could all bar West play if they were needed?
Harbrow has been the most exciting, Hughes the most polished and Pask is getting better.
My guess is Hughes and Pask are currently better suited to play senior football but Harbrow might surprise. MWest is a fair way off.

In response to charmdog, Im told Robbo is OK and not that far off from stepping up his training a fair bit.