PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to the Kennel - Jedd Busslinger

GVGjr
28-11-2022, 09:16 PM
Playing in the WAFL he’s shown sure hands with his marking and ability to read the play.
He backs himself to intercept the ball and to get it moving the other way quickly.
His kicking skills are solid.

We've talked about bringing in a you key position defender and we've now done that.

Welcome to the Kennel Jedd Busslinger.

bulldogtragic
28-11-2022, 09:17 PM
Welcome Dr Buss

Mofra
28-11-2022, 09:18 PM
We desperately need intercept marking in the back half.
Takes kick out duties at times too. Could get a few games next year

Testekill
28-11-2022, 09:19 PM
We love our tall players from WA, don't we?

Happy Days
28-11-2022, 09:21 PM
Feels right. Happy with that.

bulldogtragic
28-11-2022, 09:23 PM
Hoping to be training by mid-January he says, with his surgery.

Mofra
28-11-2022, 09:25 PM
He sounds like we ran over his puppy in that interview

The Doctor
28-11-2022, 09:25 PM
Get on The Buss everyone.

Go well young man

welcome to the mighty bulldogs

Testekill
28-11-2022, 09:36 PM

Probably was told by the Eagles that they'd take him with their second pick.

KT31
28-11-2022, 09:44 PM
Great pic, hopefully falls in love with the club and has a long career with us.

Happy Days
28-11-2022, 09:45 PM
https://youtu.be/lQNZrZWYZBY

Grantysghost
28-11-2022, 10:01 PM
https://i.postimg.cc/CLyMdPF8/20221128-205851.jpg (https://postimg.cc/WtncH7qp)

Grantysghost
28-11-2022, 10:02 PM

Least happy guy of the night for sure. I guess it's a massive move.
You'd expect with Bailey there it was pretty locked in prior though.

Mofra
28-11-2022, 10:03 PM
https://i.postimg.cc/CLyMdPF8/20221128-205851.jpg (https://postimg.cc/WtncH7qp)
Nice to see Jedd's younger brother there tonight

The Bulldogs Bite
28-11-2022, 10:11 PM
Stylistically and structurally it makes sense.

Go well Buss!

G-Mo77
28-11-2022, 10:12 PM

It wasn't just me then. Kind of seemed disappointed,.nice

Grantysghost
28-11-2022, 10:13 PM
Maybe he just doesn't smile?

https://i.postimg.cc/mD9bLCFR/Screenshot-20221128-211118.png (https://postimg.cc/zbJmpLjP)

Grantysghost
28-11-2022, 10:14 PM
Nice to see Jedd's younger brother there tonight

He's got Audi on his sleeve Bailey has Airport Toyota.

The bulldog tragician
28-11-2022, 10:14 PM
What have I missed re the Bailey Dale connection??

Grantysghost
28-11-2022, 10:18 PM

Bailey presented the jumper so we kind of guessed we might be drafting a defender.

Go_Dogs
28-11-2022, 10:23 PM
I thought he seemed reasonably pleased.

Welcome aboard!

GVGjr
28-11-2022, 10:27 PM

My logic was that there was 13 players invited to the the night and Ed Allan was not one of them. Once it became evident that we had a player (Bailey Dale) there to present the jumper it was very likely to cancel out us calling Ed Allan's name unless someone else jumped on Busslinger before it. It might have been fuzzy logic but that was it.

josie
28-11-2022, 10:30 PM
I thought he seemed reasonably pleased.

Welcome aboard!

I thought he looked reasonably happy. Heard his family looked a bit down but our club will make them and him feel welcome. Naughts & English from WA, our young brigade of players and our Bont and other leaders will make Jedd feel right at home soon. Needs to beef up as well as overcome shoulder injury so will be a while before we see him in the seniors. How long after he plays for us (and after he takes a few good interceptions) will it take for commentator to say dogs are parking the buss?

Grantysghost
28-11-2022, 10:32 PM
My logic was that there was 13 players invited to the the night and Ed Allan was not one of them. Once it became evident that we had a player (Bailey Dale) there to present the jumper it was very likely to cancel out us calling Ed Allan's name unless someone else jumped on Busslinger before it. It might have been fuzzy logic but that was it.

Nice.

bulldogtragic
28-11-2022, 10:33 PM
I thought he looked reasonably happy. Heard his family looked a bit down but our club will make them and him feel welcome. Naughts & English from WA, God young players and our Bont and other leaders will make Jedd feel right at home soon. Needs to beef up as well as overcome shoulder injury so will be a while before we see him in the seniors. How long after he plays for us (and after he takes a few good interceptions) will it take for commentator to say dogs are parking the buss?

JJ, Arthur Jones & Garcia too. Outside of Hamling, they’ve recently been more than happy to stay in Vic. We must be doing something right.

Bulldog4life
28-11-2022, 10:34 PM
I thought he looked reasonably happy. Heard his family looked a bit down but our club will make them and him feel welcome. Naughts & English from WA, our young brigade of players and our Bont and other leaders will make Jedd feel right at home soon. Needs to beef up as well as overcome shoulder injury so will be a while before we see him in the seniors. How long after he plays for us (and after he takes a few good interceptions) will it take for commentator to say dogs are parking the buss?

Another WA boy Arthur will cheer him up for sure. His mullet will fit in well too.

jazzadogs
28-11-2022, 10:36 PM

Jedd Bus Slinger

kruder
28-11-2022, 10:41 PM

Ha I already said it earlier today!

Yeah agree will take time, going to be interesting how we get the balance right with him. A high talent interstate kid playing a lot of VFL early could be ripe for the taking for the WA clubs.

We needed an intercepting defender, he finds a lot of the footy obviously reads it well I'm happy with the selection.

bornadog
28-11-2022, 10:42 PM
Great to draft a tall defender for the future.

Good Luck to Jedd.

F'scary
28-11-2022, 10:45 PM
We already have the Truck. Now we have the Bus. I am onboard with this selection. Going to have to replace Keath and Jones in the next 1-3 years. I think Darcy is going to end up as the #1 ruck. So, a KPD is fair use of pick 13.

Fingers crossed that like JJ, Naughton and English, he embraces the move to Melbourne. Perth will look awfully provincial to him once he has been here a couple of years.

Grantysghost
28-11-2022, 10:46 PM
https://youtube.com/shorts/Atfdy5f6HKM?feature=share

He smiled!

GVGjr
28-11-2022, 11:21 PM
He really interviewed well. Nice and quiet youngster.

F'scary
28-11-2022, 11:24 PM
Either he's tall or Bevo is short.

Bulldog4life
28-11-2022, 11:26 PM
Either he's tall or Bevo is short.

Both

GVGjr
28-11-2022, 11:50 PM
Worth a watch

https://twitter.com/i/status/1587397538746802176

bulldogtragic
28-11-2022, 11:52 PM
Worth a watch

https://twitter.com/i/status/1587397538746802176

Now playing with Darce’s son! Small world.

BornInDroopSt'54
29-11-2022, 12:30 AM
The gunslinger.

FrediKanoute
29-11-2022, 01:07 AM
https://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/video/1252733/jedd-busslinger-the-team-that-i-wanted-to-go-to-?videoId=1252733&modal=true&type=video&publishFrom=1669632323001

Interview was good

azabob
29-11-2022, 07:20 AM
He seems to be a very low key, laid back kid.

Looking forward to seeing what he can bring.

bulldogtragic
29-11-2022, 09:13 AM
He seems to be a very low key, laid back kid.

Looking forward to seeing what he can bring.

Yep. Is it just me, or will Buss have a future in a tribute band to 'Stillwater' as Russell Hammond (Almost Famous)?

#FeverDog #incendiary #IAmAGoldenGod

SquirrelGrip
29-11-2022, 10:29 AM
Welcome to the Kennel - Bus-man!

https://i.postimg.cc/xTYXGBkJ/Blakey-from-On-The-Buses-598214.jpg (https://postimages.org/)

Eastdog
29-11-2022, 11:50 AM
Welcome to the Dogs Jedd! Sounds like a good acquisition key intercept marking defender which is a need for us.

BornInDroopSt'54
29-11-2022, 12:18 PM
The Jedi.
As with the young Tim English, look at his dad to see how his frame can fill out. Both dads very solid.
Jedd's frame about to be transformed over next 18 months or so.

Bulldog Revolution
29-11-2022, 12:19 PM
Welcome to the Bulldogs Jedd - looking forward to seeing you ply your trade with us and adding some muscle to that frame

BornInDroopSt'54
29-11-2022, 12:36 PM
Excuse if already posted but Jedd in 2012 GF presented Goodes with medal.
https://wwos.nine.com.au/afl/afl-draft-2022-western-bulldogs-sydney-swans-jedd-busslinger-pick-adam-goodes/783b98ef-b00d-470a-a15e-32b8eeec309b

BornInDroopSt'54
29-11-2022, 12:43 PM

Hmm I did not see anything but happiness and excitement.
Sure you know how to read people?

bulldogtragic
29-11-2022, 12:50 PM

His first interview with AFEL.com was very, very flat.

bulldogsthru&thru
29-11-2022, 12:58 PM
It wouldn't have taken much for him to scare us off if he really wanted to stay in Perth given the Eagles picked right after us.

hujsh
29-11-2022, 01:00 PM
I watched on Kayo rather than AFL and he seemed pretty chill to me rather than disappointed.

GVGjr
29-11-2022, 01:02 PM

The first time I heard Bevo speak I thought the same. I put Jeddi's performance down to nerves and the enormity of the occasion setting in. It's a lot to take in no matter how much prepared a youngster thinks they are.

Do you remember the first televised Draft and the camera flashing on the brimming smile of Brad Johnson when he realised he was a Bulldog boy and then the stunned look on Fraser Gehrig's face knowing he was off to the West?

It's not that important how they start in front of the camera's and much like Bevo he will catch up quickly.

bulldogsthru&thru
29-11-2022, 01:06 PM
I watched on Kayo rather than AFL and he seemed pretty chill to me rather than disappointed.

Yeah I think he's just a straight faced, laid back kind of guy. If we had told him last night he'd won a million dollars he'd have had the same reaction. Not everyone is an extrovert! Time will tell with it all anyway

Murphy'sLore
29-11-2022, 01:16 PM
We already have the Truck. Now we have the Bus. I am onboard with this selection.

Not to mention the Van(dermeer). All your transport needs sorted!

bulldogtragic
29-11-2022, 01:17 PM
Can we help out the shit commentators out with their puns for next year?

“King just stepped out into traffic and got hit by a Buss”

“It’s not every day the Buss rides you”

“The only guy in the comp who can legally ‘Sslinger Tackle someone into the ground and not get suspended”

“Toby Greene knocked out by the accidental knee of the bulldogs Karma Buss”

“If you’re going to put it in the air near Jedd, you’re getting hit with the karma Buss every time”

“Jedd just keeps Buss’ing packs today”

“Look at shimmy, he just Buss’t a move and left them for dead”

“GWS forward entries are like route 42 to Mordialloc. Buss’ stop after Buss’ stop for 2 hours”

“Easton Wood presents Jedd Busslinger with his jumper. Woody & Buss, a real Toy Story” - KWW should like that one!

You just know Taylor, McLachlan and Zemplis and their like are trying to write these already.

And…..

EasternWest
29-11-2022, 03:59 PM
Yep. Is it just me, or will Buss have a future in a tribute band to 'Stillwater' as Russell Hammond (Almost Famous)?

#FeverDog #incendiary #IAmAGoldenGod

He's a golden god.

G-Mo77
29-11-2022, 04:11 PM
It's not that important how they start in front of the camera's and much like Bevo he will catch up quickly.

Bruhn was always going to leave GWS. Look at what he was like in front of the camera. ;)

When he said he's behind a lot of other players here I got the feeling he wanted to be the man straight up, that's not a problem, if he's good enough he'll make it. It just worries me that if he doesn't get much game time in the seniors and I suspect he won't, he'll ask for a move back to WA. We'll see how it pans out but first impressions him or his family didnt seem overly excited.

GVGjr
29-11-2022, 04:16 PM
Bruhn was always going to leave GWS. Look at what he was like in front of the camera. ;)

When he said he's behind a lot of other players here I got the feeling he wanted to be the man straight up, that's not a problem, if he's good enough he'll make it. It just worries me that if he doesn't get much game time in the seniors and I suspect he won't, he'll ask for a move back to WA. We'll see how it pans out but first impressions him or his family seemed overly excited.

He won't play much next year, Gardner, Jones, Keath and probably Bruce will be ahead of him and who knows where Darcy will play.
It's always a risk to draft players from interstate that will be slow starters in terms of senior games but Tim English might be someone who can work with Jedd and let him know it will be his 2nd or 3rd season before he becomes a regular.

Mofra
29-11-2022, 05:09 PM
He won't play much next year, Gardner, Jones, Keath and probably Bruce will be ahead of him and who knows where Darcy will play.
It's always a risk to draft players from interstate that will be slow starters in terms of senior games but Tim English might be someone who can work with Jedd and let him know it will be his 2nd or 3rd season before he becomes a regular.
He won't even be in full training until mid January so we should be patient with him.

Mofra
29-11-2022, 05:11 PM
Probably best to go back and watch the first interview before sniping another poster.

azabob
29-11-2022, 06:34 PM
The club has just released some really great behind the scenes content from last night.

Jedd looks to be a ripper.

bornadog
29-11-2022, 06:35 PM
https://youtu.be/BRQuNBIMvLM

The Bulldogs Bite
29-11-2022, 06:38 PM

When he said he's behind a lot of other players here I got the feeling he wanted to be the man straight up, that's not a problem, if he's good enough he'll make it. It just worries me that if he doesn't get much game time in the seniors and I suspect he won't, he'll ask for a move back to WA. We'll see how it pans out but first impressions him or his family didnt seem overly excited.

I get what you mean but to me Jedd is clearly an introvert. The new footage on the website with him mic'd up would seem to support this.

He's clearly excited (but also overwhelmed), and his family look happy to me.

I think some are reading too much into it. For every Cody Weightman bursting with energy, there are quiet kids like Jedd but don't mistake his demeanor for how he's actually feeling.

No pressure on him to perform next year which is good. Let him develop.

bulldogtragic
29-11-2022, 06:40 PM
“I was hoping coming into the dogs”.

Great to hear. And s shot load better than Pou’s swipe at his new Saints teammates.

hujsh
29-11-2022, 06:43 PM
The club has just released some really great behind the scenes content from last night.

Jedd looks to be a ripper.

Good shout it's actually worth watching. A great change from some of the droughts of years past.

KWW getting in good with the parents too very nice.

hujsh
29-11-2022, 06:47 PM
I get what you mean but to me Jedd is clearly an introvert. The new footage on the website with him mic'd up would seem to support this.

I think some are reading too much into it. For every Cody Weightman bursting with energy, there are quiet kids like Jedd but don't mistake his demeanor for how he's actually feeling.

That said the discussion of the recruiters about him had me excited. It sounds like he's not so much a one-trick pony with the intercepting and more that his one-on-one defending was a bit limited from his shoulder injury. Once he's fully recovered he could develop into the Lake type defender who can also intercepts which would be a big get for us

GVGjr
29-11-2022, 06:47 PM

Dom Milesi commented that he is a very competitive but that he isn't expressive. I'm happy for him to find his groove over time and have no expectations on him based on how he performed in front of the cameras last night. He will have time to settle in given he won't get back into full training until late Jan.

bulldogtragic
29-11-2022, 06:50 PM
Good shout it's actually worth watching. A great change from some of the droughts of years past.

The small things right? Also noticed the repeated physical tummy taps of affection from Bevo to the new kid. Hands on rapport building and I think was a bit more insight to the relationship Bevo has with his players from the get go. Until you lose him!

Bevo talk about a rebuild? Watching it again to get the quote.

Edit: “redevelopment in the next year”, “blend of youth and experience”. Not rebuild, not the list anyway.

bulldogsthru&thru
29-11-2022, 07:04 PM

Great to hear. And s shot load better than Pou’s swipe at his new Saints teammates.

What did he say?

hujsh
29-11-2022, 07:06 PM
What did he say?

Something about how hopefully HIS professionalism will rub off on THEM (which is not a very professional thing to say)

azabob
29-11-2022, 07:31 PM

Did you see the footage of the recruitment team discussing him? That is amazing content

EDIT; I saw your next comment

lemmon
29-11-2022, 07:44 PM
Seems like a really thoughtful, well-tempered kid. Excited to watch him develop and stake a claim in the first 22.

Testekill
29-11-2022, 07:56 PM

Philipou is a cocky little *!*!*!*!er but I can't blame him wanting the Saints to lift to his level.

Twodogs
29-11-2022, 08:54 PM
Can we help out the shit commentators out with their puns for next year?

“King just stepped out into traffic and got hit by a Buss”

“It’s not every day the Buss rides you”

“The only guy in the comp who can legally ‘Sslinger Tackle someone into the ground and not get suspended”

“Toby Greene knocked out by the accidental knee of the bulldogs Karma Buss”

“If you’re going to put it in the air near Jedd, you’re getting hit with the karma Buss every time”

“Jedd just keeps Buss’ing packs today”

“Look at shimmy, he just Buss’t a move and left them for dead”

“GWS forward entries are like route 42 to Mordialloc. Buss’ stop after Buss’ stop for 2 hours”

“Easton Wood presents Jedd Busslinger with his jumper. Woody & Buss, a real Toy Story” - KWW should like that one!

You just know Taylor, McLachlan and Zemplis and their like are trying to write these already.

And…..

Oh. Bussta move is very, very good.

Mofra
29-11-2022, 09:20 PM
Seems like a really thoughtful, well-tempered kid. Excited to watch him develop and stake a claim in the first 22.
He played through pain in his two games at the champs - will be interesting to see what he can do with two good shoulders in a full time AFL environment.
I'd love it if he got anywhere near McGovern/Lever/Stewart levels of intercept ability.

kruder
29-11-2022, 11:02 PM
The dogs have stepped up their content this off season already, a lot of us have been calling for it awhile now. Keep it coming!