PDA

View Full Version : The Chat That Sealed Lobb's Move

jeemak
02-12-2022, 08:47 PM
There's not a lot in this, but it is nice to hear some positive input from a new player about Bevo's influence on recruiting:

https://www.afl.com.au/news/870602/the-chat-that-sealed-lobb-s-move-logue-s-fear-for-ex-teammate

"Obviously [I] had a really good connection with 'Bevo'. Like I feel like he'd really coach me the way I need to be coached and give me that sort of licence to play the way that I should be played," Lobb says in the documentary.

"At times I feel like I haven't played to my best of my ability, but I … feel like sometimes the coaching sort of put me the wrong direction."

Of course it means if it goes pear shaped then we can blame Bevo! :)

Interesting call from Lobb about previous coaching. Not sure I'd have been so direct but there you go.

Mofra
06-12-2022, 02:41 PM
Interesting call from Lobb about previous coaching. Not sure I'd have been so direct but there you go.
How many games did he play under Leon?

Just asking...

MrMahatma
06-12-2022, 04:34 PM
Maybe the coach was trying to do what was best for the team, not just the individual?

GVGjr
06-12-2022, 04:39 PM
Maybe the coach was trying to do what was best for the team, not just the individual?

It's an interesting way to look at it. Lobb think he is a forward ruck man with us but Bevo might be forced to use him differently and lets see if that view changes.