PDA

View Full Version : EARLY AFL 2023 Predictions

Dry Rot
09-12-2022, 02:40 AM
Here is a vid by an idiot whose only purpose serves to kick start conversation here about season 2023.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jU6vdQlaRRY

Fast forward to the end to avoid wasting your time.

As an example, he has the Suns finishing #8 and in the 2023 finals and the Dogs at #11 outside the 2023 finals.

OK he is mentally challenged, but what is your more sensible, well informed ladder and finals predictions for 2023, and more importantly why?

Bulldog Joe
09-12-2022, 10:32 AM
I am ready to predict Bulldogs to finish 1st after the GF.

My reasoning is that we have the Bont looking good in pre-season and improvement from Jones replacing Cordy, Marra replacing Schache and Lobb replacing Martin from 2021 GF side.

I can ignore 2022 as we never really got into stride.

Axe Man
09-12-2022, 10:34 AM
Scott Morrison appoints himself new AFL CEO.

Bulldog Joe
09-12-2022, 10:36 AM
Scott Morrison appoints himself new AFL CEO.

As well as NRL CEO concurrently.
Scott wouldn't understand any conflict of interest.

SquirrelGrip
09-12-2022, 10:37 AM
AFL announces next year's Magic Round to be in Qatar.

Mofra
09-12-2022, 11:16 AM
St Kilda to hold another review given their 'white Knight's on field will miss the early part of the season and who else will kick goals for them? Membry?

Grantysghost
09-12-2022, 11:35 AM
The stand rule will be implemented for all players at all times, you can pivot on one foot and move within your zones.

Only dedicated players can score goals.

A constant message of SHOOSH from Luke Darcy followed immediately by STAND will be played every 5 seconds from the PA during game time.

New rules to be implemented after the success of the stand rule will be SIT, and ROLL OVER to completely eradicate that annoying defending that some coaches seem to like. Heathens! We want to clap!

Point kickouts will now be taken as close as 30 metres from the opposition teams goal to ensure more scoring.

bornadog
09-12-2022, 11:49 AM
The stand rule will be implemented for all players at all times, you can pivot on one foot and move within your zones.

Only dedicated players can score goals.

A constant message of SHOOSH from Luke Darcy followed immediately by STAND will be played every 5 seconds from the PA during game time.

New rules to be implemented after the success of the stand rule will be SIT, and ROLL OVER to completely eradicate that annoying defending that some coaches seem to like. Heathens! We want to clap!

Point kickouts will now be taken as close as 30 metres from the opposition teams goal to ensure more scoring.

Don't jest, I can see it happening :)

Axe Man
09-12-2022, 12:02 PM
St Kilda to hold another review given their 'white Knight's on field will miss the early part of the season and who else will kick goals for them? Membry?

The guy in the middle of course.

https://i.postimg.cc/gJyKXJH6/cordy.jpg (https://postimages.org/)

MrMahatma
09-12-2022, 01:46 PM
Pies lose first 4 on the trot and the honeymoon is over.

Hawthorn scandal somehow disappears.

Dunkley wins Lions B&F, Bulldogs beat them in a pre-lim and go on to win the flag.

Sheedy nominates Hird for AFL CEO.

BornInDroopSt'54
10-12-2022, 11:04 AM
AFL to be presided over by Greg Norman and LIV.
GF in Saudi Arabia.

mjp
15-12-2022, 01:45 PM
As an example, he has the Suns finishing #8 and in the 2023 finals and the Dogs at #11 outside the 2023 finals.

Our early fixture is pretty challenging. This could happen and with Bevo not re-signed beyond next year, it could get ugly fast.

I don't think it will happen like that but we are putting a LOT of eggs in the following baskets:

- Liam Jones will be fine after missing 18 months.
- Having Naughton, Jamarra, Darcy and Bruce in one forward line is not a problem.
- Taylor Duryea will be fine - no injury concerns here.
- Bailey Smith is over the mental health/social distractions that side-swiped 2022.
- Tim English? He'll be fine in big games.
- There are 40+ players on our list...surely SOMEONE can learn to be an outside mid.
- Macrae, Bont, Liber, Treloar, Smith, McLean (should I go on?) - Yeah, well, sure they're all inside mids but she'll be right.
- Richards looked great as an interceptor but we have Jones now so he'll be equally fine in another role.
- It only LOOKED like Caleb Daniel lost his mojo in the back end of 2022...he'll be back.

Like I said, I think it'll all be fine but I can understand why people would look at our situation and feel we're the most likely team to fall...and fall like a stone.

bornadog
15-12-2022, 01:49 PM
.surely SOMEONE can learn to be an outside mid..

Who is the best person for this role on the current list?

Grantysghost
15-12-2022, 01:57 PM
Who is the best person for this role on the current list?

Tree-law.

mjp
15-12-2022, 02:18 PM
Tree-law.

I think probably Roarke (who does it well defensively), Scott and Williams will get first crack...not a lot of hurt factor there though.

Outside of that, who knows.

Treloar is an inside mid.

Grantysghost
15-12-2022, 02:26 PM
I think probably Roarke (who does it well defensively), Scott and Williams will get first crack...not a lot of hurt factor there though.

Outside of that, who knows.

Treloar is an inside mid.

He's played a lot of outside roles with us (hb/hf/wing) do you think he can transition or is he moth to flame?

Axe Man
20-12-2022, 02:54 PM
Only 4 of 11 Herald-Sun "experts" have picked us to make the 8.

AFL Crystal Ball: SuperFooty reporters give their way-too-early predictions for 2023 (https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/afl-crystal-ball-superfooty-reporters-give-their-waytooearly-predictions-for-2023/news-story/effd03b5b5c89444681e297aec749d53)

I like the cut of Scott Gullan's jib though...

SCOTT GULLAN

Premier and why?

Western Bulldogs

Many seemed to have forgotten the Dogs were 40 minutes away from a premiership two years ago before falling in a big hole. They were still in that hole last season but Rory Lobb and Liam Jones make the balance of the side look better.

Runner-up: Carlton

Brownlow Medal: Marcus Bontempelli

Coleman Medal: Aaron Naughton

Total Predictions 2023 AFL Season
TOP 8
Geelong - 11
Melbourne - 11
Sydney - 11
Brisbane - 10
Richmond - 10
Collingwood -9
Port Adelaide - 8
Carlton - 7
Fremantle - 7
Western Bulldogs - 4

BOTTOM 4
North Melbourne - 11
Hawthorn - 11
West Coast - 10
GWS - 7
Adelaide - 3
Essendon - 1
Gold Coast - 1

WOODEN SPOON
North Melbourne - 5
West Coast - 4
Hawthorn - 2

bulldogsthru&thru
20-12-2022, 06:43 PM
I'll have what Scott's having

jazzadogs
20-12-2022, 07:24 PM
Can't understand why you'd be more bullish about Port's prospects than ours...I see a lot more upside on our list.