PDA

View Full Version : Higgins likey to miss 4 games

BulldogBelle
31-03-2008, 01:30 AM
Not good, no mention of Eagle in this article hopefully he will play....

Higgins joins Dogs' growing injury list (http://www.realfooty.com.au/news/news/higgins-joins-dogs-growing-injury-list/2008/03/30/1206850706978.html)
The Age
Thomas Arup | March 31, 2008

WESTERN Bulldogs forward Shaun Higgins is likely to miss four games after injuring ankle ligaments in Saturday's 95-point win over Melbourne.

Higgins joins a growing Bulldog injury list that includes Tom Williams, Andrejs Everitt, Farren Ray and Wayde Skipper. All are set to miss the next three weeks.

A club spokesperson said Higgins would have scans on his injured ankle today to assess the extent of the injury.

hujsh
31-03-2008, 01:51 AM
Not good, no mention of Eagle in this article hopefully he will play....

Higgins joins Dogs' growing injury list (http://www.realfooty.com.au/news/news/higgins-joins-dogs-growing-injury-list/2008/03/30/1206850706978.html)
The Age
Thomas Arup | March 31, 2008

WESTERN Bulldogs forward Shaun Higgins is likely to miss four games after injuring ankle ligaments in Saturday's 95-point win over Melbourne.

Higgins joins a growing Bulldog injury list that includes Tom Williams, Andrejs Everitt, Farren Ray and Wayde Skipper. All are set to miss the next three weeks.

A club spokesperson said Higgins would have scans on his injured ankle today to assess the extent of the injury.

Did he get injured yesterday or is this guy just wrong?

becmatty
31-03-2008, 05:36 AM
Reports suggest Higgins to actually miss 2-3.

Eagleton 80% chance to return this week.

LostDoggy
31-03-2008, 08:46 AM
Skipper out 3 weeks? I thought he played on Saturday. Did he reinjury himself?

LostDoggy
31-03-2008, 01:52 PM
*sighs* Poor higgins. Gun player.

GVGjr
31-03-2008, 02:38 PM
I got this from the club. No mention of Skipper

Nathan Eagleton Ankle To be assessed
Shaun Higgins Damage to ankle ligaments 4-6 weeks
Tom Williams Thigh 2- 3 weeks
Farren Ray Foot 3 weeks
Andrejs Everitt Knee 3 weeks
Malcolm Lynch Hamstring 2 weeks

The Coon Dog
31-03-2008, 02:44 PM
Must have been a decent hammy for Lynchy!

GVGjr
31-03-2008, 02:53 PM
Must have been a decent hammy for Lynchy!

A shocker of a hammy.

The Underdog
31-03-2008, 07:25 PM
Why do I get the feeling think that in round 15, Williams, Everitt & Ray will still be listed as 3 weeks?;)

Go_Dogs
31-03-2008, 08:11 PM
Why do I get the feeling think that in round 15, Williams, Everitt & Ray will still be listed as 3 weeks?;)

Williams perhaps, and maybe Lynch. Hopefully the others will be back by that stage.

Any idea how limited Ray's preparation will be now? Obviously he won't have been able to do any running, but hopefully he has maintained some form of base fitness and conditioning and doesn't have to spend a month playing catch up to be able to run out a game.

alwaysadog
31-03-2008, 09:50 PM
Williams perhaps, and maybe Lynch. Hopefully the others will be back by that stage.

Any idea how limited Ray's preparation will be now? Obviously he won't have been able to do any running, but hopefully he has maintained some form of base fitness and conditioning and doesn't have to spend a month playing catch up to be able to run out a game.

Watching the videos on the club site over the last couple of years has shown that we work intensively with players while they are out to maintain their fitness and aerobic capacities. Given that he had put in a hell of a lot of work before his injury I wouldn't be surprised to see him back very shortly after he is injury free.

LostDoggy
31-03-2008, 10:13 PM

And to add on from AD, Ray is a physically fit player, even when he's been off his feet for a while. Compare that to a Daniel Giansircusa who works extremly hard to reach a similar fitness level.

BulldogBelle
01-04-2008, 01:51 AM
News doesn't seem to get any better....Higgins now out 6-8 weeks and having surgery. Everitt, Williams and Ray still 3 weeks away also.

Surgery for Bulldog forward (http://www.realfooty.com.au/news/news/surgery-for-bulldog-forward/2008/03/31/1206850812577.html)
The Age
Michael Gleeson | April 1, 2008

WHEN Western Bulldogs forward Shaun Higgins landed heavily in a marking contest at the weekend he shattered part of his ankle and any hope of playing in the next two months.

Higgins will have surgery to repair the ankle and clean out bone fragments chipped off his ankle in the nasty incident during the win over Melbourne.

Football operations manager James Fantasia said scans yesterday revealed the injury was worse than initially feared.

"The scans showed up a few bone chips so it now looks like he will be six to eight weeks," he said. "They are going to look to operate on it to clean it out."

There is a bone sheet on the ankle that has fragmented and pieces have chipped off so that needs to be cleaned up.

"He came down very heavily on it and it was significant impact on the ankle."

Higgins was taken with pick one by the Bulldogs in the 2005 national draft and made an impact almost immediately upon making his debut. He booted 26 goals in 20 games last year in just his second season.

The injury comes after another emerging young player Tom Williams was also sidelined with a thigh injury that will keep him out for up to three weeks yet.

Andrejs Everitt is still three weeks from returning from a knee injury while midfielder Farrren Ray's foot injury will also keep him out for three weeks. Nathan Eagleton (ankle) remains a chance to play this week.

westdog54
01-04-2008, 02:29 AM
I think its best I don't do anymore player focus threads for the rest of the year...

alwaysadog
01-04-2008, 12:30 PM
I think its best I don't do anymore player focus threads for the rest of the year...

Don't stop now, really enjoyed it, just bad luck all round.

bornadog
01-04-2008, 03:33 PM
I got this from the club. No mention of Skipper

I thought Skipper played on the week end and kicked one goal? was he re-injured?

GVGjr
01-04-2008, 03:41 PM
I thought Skipper played on the week end and kicked one goal? was he re-injured?

Not sure. I haven't heard anything

bornadog
01-04-2008, 03:54 PM
Not sure. I haven't heard anything

From Willy Report:

GOALS:
Williamstown: Urch 5 Grant 4 Tiller Cloke Lyons Lockwood O'Keefe Skipper Picken Jolley Rose Stretton

GVGjr
01-04-2008, 03:58 PM
From Willy Report:

GOALS:
Williamstown: Urch 5 Grant 4 Tiller Cloke Lyons Lockwood O'Keefe Skipper Picken Jolley Rose Stretton

I think the point is that he could have injured himself during the game.