View Full Version : WB Game Day V Brisbane Lions R3 2023 - Thursday 30 March 7:20PM, Marvel Stadium

25-12-2022, 08:56 PM
Margin:
First goal:
Best on ground:

27-03-2023, 12:29 AM

27-03-2023, 12:55 AM
I will be there. 100%. It is times like this that the club needs us.

27-03-2023, 12:59 AM

Me too Angelo. I stayed right to the end on Saturday night as hard as it was to watch that.

27-03-2023, 09:34 AM
I'll be there. Looking forward to see how we respond.

27-03-2023, 09:54 AM
I'll be there. Looking forward to see how we respond.

Same here

27-03-2023, 10:12 AM
I too shall be in attendance.

We will smash the LOL-IONS!

27-03-2023, 10:19 AM
You know we'll win this game, it's just got typical Bulldogs written all over it.

27-03-2023, 10:33 AM
Wish I could go to this one, I think we'll come out breathing fire.

27-03-2023, 10:35 AM
Me too Angelo. I stayed right to the end on Saturday night as hard as it was to watch that.

I can vouch for ED on this!

27-03-2023, 11:22 AM
I’ll be there because I’m a really dumb guy.

27-03-2023, 12:20 PM
Wish I could go to this one, I think we'll come out breathing fire.

Thursday is the worse night to be going to footy, especially for country dwellers.

27-03-2023, 01:19 PM
Thursday is the worse night to be going to footy, especially for country dwellers.

It's a slot just made for TV isnt it.

27-03-2023, 01:40 PM
I'm glad it's Thursday, get it over with. It's sink or swim.

27-03-2023, 01:42 PM

Have they not heard of this little thing called 'Footy Training'. It's Thursday night - it always has and always will be on Thursday night.

I hate the Thursday fixture so much.

(Plus, the week should NEVER have more days WITH football than without...if it's always there, it just becomes background (like 20-20). If it is relatively SCARCE, then you make time to watch. The AFL hate us.

27-03-2023, 01:59 PM
Have they not heard of this little thing called 'Footy Training'. It's Thursday night - it always has and always will be on Thursday night.

I hate the Thursday fixture so much.

(Plus, the week should NEVER have more days WITH football than without...if it's always there, it just becomes background (like 20-20). If it is relatively SCARCE, then you make time to watch. The AFL hate us.

I think it's a poor time slot as well but for some reason it apparently works in Sydney.
We tried Monday nights like what the NFL does but people wouldn't cop that and the thought process was I might be tired for the next 2 or 3 days whereas for many people have a view that with Thursday night football I only have to put up with it for a day.
I'd have a cap on Thursday nights to maybe 6 a year. It's a great lead up to the Easter week games.

27-03-2023, 03:10 PM
The good news is that we have never started 0-3 under Beveridge.

Whenever we have lost the first 2 we have somehow managed to win round 3.

This I need to continue at least.

27-03-2023, 03:28 PM
To me this game has us coming out hungry and breaking even for a quarter before we fall away.

The fixture is pretty brutal early. Brisbane will be too good for us. I'm looking forward to seeing how our response looks though. I feel the outcome of this game will dictate how our season goes.

27-03-2023, 03:35 PM
Given how badly our midfield is performing do we think it’s likely we will try and limit the influence of Neale? Is it a task that Macrae is capable of fulfilling?

Would like to see Bont go H2H with Dunkley.

At least by playing early in the week the players have the opportunity to right the ship sooner rather than later… but there will be a huge ‘watch’ on us so no where to hide on Thursday night.

27-03-2023, 05:50 PM
Just a question for all, who would you prefer as the extra midfielder right now if you had a choice of two.

Bailey Williams or Caleb Daniel? I just can't see how Caleb can compliment our midfield rotations considering our known weaknesses.

I must say I've always wanted to see Bailey play midfield, just love his size, has a side step and can be direct by foot.

Thoughts?

27-03-2023, 05:52 PM
Just a question for all, who would you prefer as the extra midfielder right now if you had a choice of two.

Bailey Williams or Caleb Daniel? I just can't see how Caleb can compliment our midfield rotations considering our known weaknesses.

I must say I've always wanted to see Bailey play midfield, just love his size, has a side step and can be direct by foot.

Thoughts?

I don't know how Williams would go in the centre, but I didn't like Caleb in there. Why not Garcia, or West

27-03-2023, 06:03 PM

Thoughts?

Right now, I'd prefer Bailey Williams. Caleb looked the slowest I've seen him on Saturday. He completely failed to accelerate or chase hard. I wonder whether he is carrying something.

We need a big bodied defensive midfielder and I would be prepared to give Bailey a go too. Definitely Garcia and West in the rotations before Caleb too.

27-03-2023, 06:04 PM
Right now, I'd prefer Bailey Williams. Caleb looked the slowest I've seen him on Saturday. He completely failed to accelerate or chase hard. I wonder whether he is carrying something.

We need a big bodied defensive midfielder and I would be prepared to give Bailey a go too. Definitely Garcia and West in the rotations before Caleb too.

I was disappointed in both of them mainly because of the work they put in over the off season.

27-03-2023, 10:09 PM

On a number of occasions during the pre season, Caleb Daniel did not participate in training with the main group. I understand he had back related tightness. G might know more.

I would play West in the midfield before Garcia - has been in the system a little longer.

27-03-2023, 10:24 PM
I was disappointed in both of them mainly because of the work they put in over the off season.

We've clearly got a lot out of form, but they're at the top of the list for mine.

Part of me wonders where Williams is at. In 2021 he was a very good defender, capable of intercept marking and rebounding. He was generally good 1-v-1 (I still remember the contest he won v WCE, and the one in the Prelim).

He had a very poor start to last year and we moved him to a wing with subdued results. He's remained there since, perhaps out of necessity?

Surely this is one where he should have just remained as a defender. We've used the likes of Crozier, TOB, Khamis and others since but Williams is and should be far better than them all. If he can't play as a defender, maybe he's just not good enough?

I just don't see it with him as a winger. Mason Wood torched him for good measure.

28-03-2023, 01:08 PM
The good news is that we have never started 0-3 under Beveridge.

Whenever we have lost the first 2 we have somehow managed to win round 3.

This I need to continue at least.

Investing Principle #11 – Past Performance Is No Indicator of Future Performance.

:(

Matjoh
28-03-2023, 01:36 PM

Thoughts?
Williams everday for the reasons you say. Caleb seems way too slow too. The only other I'd consider is Garcia for his speed and aggression, also ahead of West who seems to always give away frees.

Margin US by 23, yes US
FIrst goal, Naughton
BOG, Bont

28-03-2023, 01:45 PM

Yep, too hard on a Thursday night for me. Unless I get selected for the guard of honour, then I would have to make the effort!

29-03-2023, 02:45 PM
I don't know how Williams would go in the centre, but I didn't like Caleb in there. Why not Garcia, or West

I'd be getting time into Garcia and West through there. Garcia looks like he is more inclined to take the opportunities than West, but both have a bit of hunger and physicality in their game that is a point of difference to what we've been seeing.

29-03-2023, 02:58 PM
Press conference here (https://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/video/1294320/luke-beveridge-we-ve-been-here-before-?videoId=1294320&modal=true&type=video&publishFrom=1680052581001)

Worth listening to

29-03-2023, 03:01 PM

Thoughts?

Option C- Garcia.
I couldn't care less about size right now, we need hardness and defensive intent. Neale's a midget but will kill us if we let him run around unchecked.

29-03-2023, 03:13 PM
Press conference here (https://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/video/1294320/luke-beveridge-we-ve-been-here-before-?videoId=1294320&modal=true&type=video&publishFrom=1680052581001)

Worth listening to

I'm 32sec into what is an almost 15min press conference and I'm already shaking my head and wanting to turn it off.

The secrecy about team selection is a ****ing joke... just tell us if Treloar & Lobb are playing! Is there some sort of advantage we will get over Brisbane by them not knowing until 6.30pm tonight? How about we put a positive spin on it and say they will come into the side and really add to our performance... or just tell the truth.

It wins him no friends in media or with this member.

29-03-2023, 03:26 PM
I'm 32sec into what is an almost 15min press conference and I'm already shaking my head and wanting to turn it off.

The secrecy about team selection is a ****ing joke... just tell us if Treloar & Lobb are playing! Is there some sort of advantage we will get over Brisbane by them not knowing until 6.30pm tonight? How about we put a positive spin on it and say they will come into the side and really add to our performance... or just tell the truth.

Nothing has changed in team announcements for 9 years. Maybe the MC hasn't met yet to finalise the teams and also waiting to see how players pulled up after training? Who knows?

29-03-2023, 03:30 PM

Maybe... but also, there's a time when the teams are released so why go early?

I thought it was a good presser. I'm now marginally confident that the team will turn this around.

29-03-2023, 03:36 PM
Is this the biggest game during Bevos tenure?

Obviously we have had bigger occasions given big finals over the years, but in the wake of the 21 GF collapse, the 22 EF collapse and the R1 & R2 beltings, I'm not sure I can remember a more defining game.

IF the players don't respond and we lose by 5+ goals again, I'm not sure anybody can believe the rhetoric around 'how close' they are off the field. Bevo would surely have to have big question marks over himself/the team and the future too.

Tomorrow night is big.

29-03-2023, 03:37 PM
https://youtu.be/tumwh5OmbPE

29-03-2023, 03:39 PM
Is this the biggest game during Bevos tenure?

Obviously we have had bigger occasions given big finals over the years, but in the wake of the 21 GF collapse, the 22 EF collapse and the R1 & R2 beltings, I'm not sure I can remember a more defining game.

IF the players don't respond and we lose by 5+ goals again, I'm not sure anybody can believe the rhetoric around 'how close' they are off the field. Bevo would surely have to have big question marks over himself/the team and the future too.

Tomorrow night is big.

Tough game to win against one of the premiership favourites.

29-03-2023, 03:45 PM
Tough game to win against one of the premiership favourites.

It's always about winning, but in some respects, tomorrow goes beyond that. We need a 4 quarter effort and nothing short of that.

29-03-2023, 03:47 PM
It's always about winning, but in some respects, tomorrow goes beyond that. We need a 4 quarter effort and nothing short of that.

Couldn't agree more. We have to show some fight.

29-03-2023, 04:12 PM

I suspect the media knew how we would answer before asking the question so I don't really care if we wait until later to announce the team line-up. We've know for years that Bevo is highly secretive and the blinds in the Barkers Cafe confirmed that and unless someone takes him on about allowing some spectators into training sessions when they return to the WO I can't see that changing.

Other than that I thought Bevo acquitted himself well today and I didn't find anything wrong. Really appreciated the way he answered the questions about Dunkley.

29-03-2023, 04:16 PM
I suspect the media knew how we would answer before asking the question so I don't really care if we wait until later to announce the team line-up. We've know for years that Bevo is highly secretive and the blinds in the Barkers Cafe confirmed that and unless someone takes him on about allowing some spectators into training sessions when they return to the WO I can't see that changing.

Other than that I thought Bevo acquitted himself well today and I didn't find anything wrong. Really appreciated the way he answered the questions about Dunkley.

I thought he spoke well too... but the first 30sec was cringe-worthy when he just gets on the defensive about what should be a non-issue.

29-03-2023, 04:19 PM
I thought he spoke well too... but the first 30sec was cringe-worthy when he just gets on the defensive about what should be a non-issue.

I agree with that, he was slow out of the blocks but he got better soon after that.

29-03-2023, 05:00 PM
Well, tomorrow is my birthday. Great game to be watching.
We won’t tag Neale and he will run rampant with 30+
We just are not playing well to win this…or even be a chance.
Hope I am wrong on all fronts, but Saints beat us with 7-8 of their best 22 out.
We need to kick 10+ goals and I just can’t see our fwds doing it on the form of rounds 1 and 2.

Bris by 38 pts
1st goal Bont
BOG- Bont

29-03-2023, 05:17 PM
Hope I am wrong on all fronts, but Saints beat us with 7-8 of their best 22 out.
We need to kick 10+ goals and I just can’t see our fwds doing it on the form of rounds 1 and 2.

Bris by 38 pts
1st goal Bont
BOG- Bont

Have a nice birthday in advance regardless DG. I'm hoping we make it extra special for you.

29-03-2023, 05:23 PM
Turn around Thursday.

Dogs by 9
FG: Marra
BOG: Baz. Ice in the veins baby

29-03-2023, 05:26 PM
VFL game on at 3:45 tomorrow at Marvel.

29-03-2023, 06:27 PM

Bris by 38 pts
1st goal Bont
BOG- Bont

Happy birthday for tomorrow!

We can't lose now.

29-03-2023, 06:27 PM
We won?t tag Neale and he will run rampant with 30+
We just are not playing well to win this?or even be a chance.
We need to kick 10+ goals and I just can?t see our fwds doing it on the form of rounds 1 and 2.

Bris by 38 pts
1st goal Bont
BOG- Bont

I spoke to the club young fella. They said they're going to win it for your birthday.

29-03-2023, 06:51 PM
Have a nice birthday in advance regardless DG. I'm hoping we make it extra special for you.
Thanks Mate…lets pray haha

29-03-2023, 06:51 PM
Happy birthday for tomorrow!

We can't lose now.

Thanks mate…fingers crossed.

29-03-2023, 06:56 PM
I spoke to the club young fella. They said they're going to win it for your birthday.

Wow thank you so much…

29-03-2023, 07:39 PM
B: Josh Bruce, Liam Jones, Hayden Crozier
HB: Bailey Dale, Alex Keath, Ed Richards
C: Bailey Williams, Marcus Bontempelli, Arthur Jones
HF: Bailey Smith, Jamarra Ugle-Hagan, Adam Treloar
F: Anthony Scott, Aaron Naughton, Rory Lobb
R: Tim English, Tom Liberatore, Jack Macrae

Int: Jason, Johannisen, Riley Garcia, Caleb Daniel, Oskar Baker

Emerg: Buku Khamis, Robbie McComb, Luke Cleary, Jordon Sweet

IN: Rory Lobb, Adam Treloar, Jason Johannisen, Arthur Jones
OUT: Toby McLean (omitted), Sam Darcy (omitted), Rhylee West (omitted), Taylor Duryea (ill), Robbie McComb (sub)

29-03-2023, 07:41 PM

OUT: Toby McLean (omitted), Sam Darcy (omitted), Rhylee West (omitted), Taylor Duryea (ill), Robbie McComb (sub)

Lobb in forward pocket?

29-03-2023, 07:45 PM
Lobb in forward pocket?

I might be missing the point of the question but does the positions where players are named really matter?

29-03-2023, 07:47 PM
I might be missing the point of the question but does the positions where players are named really matter?

Sorry G my mistake. Been a very long day for me. Not thinking straight....what's new.

29-03-2023, 08:11 PM

Shouldn't the team be in the match committee thread?

29-03-2023, 08:14 PM

Anch'io.

29-03-2023, 08:19 PM
Thanks Mate…lets pray haha

Hope you have a great day, besides the outcome of the match.

Bigdog
29-03-2023, 08:29 PM
Thinking McComb will be the sub again based on the emergencies. Assume the preference will be to go with a midfielder in the sub role.

Also is this the biggest game of Bevo’s career outside of finals?

29-03-2023, 09:19 PM
Hope you have a great day, besides the outcome of the match.

You mean including!

29-03-2023, 09:25 PM
if McComb is sub, I wonder if one of our mids are nursing an injury ?

29-03-2023, 10:09 PM
Need a big turnaround Cmon Dogs!

Dogs by 1 point

First goal: Lobb

Best on ground: Bontempelli

29-03-2023, 10:10 PM
I thought Bevos presser was the best we had seen from him in awhile, it kind of felt like he had the blinkers added he was bloody sharp and direct answered all the questions well( agree part from the team).

Bevo's the best coach we have ever had, I really want to see him get another premiership with this group but we have have been so far off the pace in the first two weeks my confidence is at an all time low with him.

My vibe is that we may need a change but I so hope he proves me wrong.

29-03-2023, 10:23 PM
I booked a days leave for Friday so the family and I will be going.

29-03-2023, 11:08 PM
Never been more certain of a win.

Dogs by 41.
FG Marra.
BOG Macrae

29-03-2023, 11:34 PM
Dogs by 10

First Goal Arty

BOG: Treloar

30-03-2023, 12:42 AM
Lions by 67

First goal Cameron

BOG Dunkley

(I pretty much got this right last round)

Funke disco
30-03-2023, 12:50 AM
Dogs by 22

first goal - Lobb

BOG Bont

30-03-2023, 09:10 AM
Obviously we need to improve all over the ground but if we can solve our goal kicking challenges and hurt Brisbane early in the game by nailing our chances it could really lift us.
It feels like we have been talking about our goal kicking conversions for a long while and that it's not something we do a lot of work on at training.

Dogs by 10 points
First goal to Baz
BOG = Macrae

30-03-2023, 09:14 AM
Obviously not going due to work at 4am but will watch a bit of it. I'll be able to tell pretty early how it's going to go. I'm hoping like hell we come out and stomp them but just can't see how we can flick a switch and turn things around. Inthink we'll get stomped again by about 44 points.

30-03-2023, 10:36 AM
The start is vital.

If we find ourselves 3+ goals down, I just have zero faith we can fight it out.

But I am a tragic, so;

Dogs by 19
FG Lobb
BOG Libba

30-03-2023, 11:08 AM
We can do this!

Dogs by 24
FG Naughton
BOG Bazlenka

30-03-2023, 11:12 AM
Dogs by a single point
First goal will be Bontempelli
BOG lets see if the big chilli dominates.

30-03-2023, 11:34 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FsXMD53acAATcJG?format=jpg&name=medium

30-03-2023, 02:50 PM
Dogs by 8 points
First goal Naughton
BOG Naughton

30-03-2023, 04:26 PM
Our focus and intensity should be better, it just has to be, but we can't go with this mob for four quarters so them by 30+ points.

Personally looking forward to Dunkley sending one through amid the boos then furiously slapping the logo on his chest just to twist the knife a little further.

JackoJacko2000
30-03-2023, 06:12 PM
We obviously need a win if we want to keep our top 4 hopes alive.

But I think the way we play is actually of way more importance than whether or not we win. Now... the way we play will likely determine whether or not we win. But I'd rather us play with intensity, run and clean skills and lose to Brisbane 89-88 than look exactly like we did against the Saints (sluggish, confused, messy etc.) but win 49-45 because Brisbane gave us too many opportunities and they were bad themselves.

More often than not, winning ugly is better than losing well. But I reckon in our specific context, we've been incredibly ugly already. Time for some class, like I know we can provide.

Footscray defeats Brisbane 101 - 84
First goal - Charlie Cameron
BOG - Marcus BOGtempelli

30-03-2023, 07:15 PM
Arriving now.

Expecting to lose. Sad state of affairs.

Dogs by 10
Bog Bont
First goal Naughts

Pls pls pls

30-03-2023, 07:43 PM
In an attempt to encourage a win, I have retired this season's members scarf and brought out an old one. Hopefully this will encourage the mojo from last year to return.

Now anticipating (fingers crossed):

Dogs by 5
BOG: Bont
First Goal: Marra

30-03-2023, 07:48 PM
In an attempt to encourage a win, I have retired this season's members scarf and brought out an old one. Hopefully this will encourage the mojo from last year to return.

Now anticipating (fingers crossed):

Dogs by 5
BOG: Bont
First Goal: Marra

I’m wearing a Cubs jersey that I wore all through the 2016 finals, including to the GF. Anything is worth a try, hey?

30-03-2023, 07:54 PM
No excuses anymore, we need to deliver and will deliver. The Loins don't travel well, we are our home deck, backs to the wall and primed to fire.

Dogs by 24 points,
BOG: Big Boy Bont
1st Goal: Astronaught

30-03-2023, 08:07 PM
I was drawn into my wild garden in Frankston just now to divine our Bulldogs fate.
It was windy with variations of grey in the sky.
Portentous like the Ides of March.
My instincts felt this will be no ordinary game.
Great things will happen.
First goal: Scott
Dogs by 7 points.
BOG: Lbba as Brutus. Et tu Brute.

30-03-2023, 08:18 PM
I have no right to suggest this but I'm optimistic about tonight. Go dogs

30-03-2023, 08:24 PM
That's just great stuff from Arty. Good usage from Smith as well to get it over the defender, and great finish JUH.

30-03-2023, 08:32 PM
Very impressed with Caleb through the middle so far - super clean

30-03-2023, 08:35 PM
Fair hit up the guts from Bont. Good cool head from Baker.

30-03-2023, 08:37 PM
I'd have preferred Treloar to have stayed over it and not played for the free kick then.

That's just great stuff from Arty. Good usage from Smith as well to get it over the defender, and great finish JUH.

What a dream start. I dared not think JUH woukd kick 1st.

Noticeable how poor a kick Dunkley is when he's playing for the opposition

30-03-2023, 08:40 PM
Crozier, **** mate.

30-03-2023, 08:41 PM
Good pressure. Loads of errors both way. Keep at it lads!!

30-03-2023, 08:41 PM
Having a crack, boys look up for it tonight.

30-03-2023, 08:42 PM
Can't blame Crozier fo not being aware of Neale but....

30-03-2023, 08:47 PM
Well we have shown up.

30-03-2023, 08:48 PM
Up and about. That's the stuff.

30-03-2023, 08:48 PM
Effort is there, died off a bit late in the quarter though.

Age old problem of doing well and not scoring enough.

30-03-2023, 08:49 PM
Good effort, appalling execution. Brisbane no better at least.

Lobb looks bog ordinary with his movement. Libbas errors costly.

Arty was great! Good energy and skill.

30-03-2023, 08:50 PM
Lobb is a worry , but delivery into 50 still bad

30-03-2023, 08:50 PM
Great effort but gee our forward line or delivery into the forward line needs work.

30-03-2023, 08:51 PM
Lobb isn’t fit

Lions starting to win the clearances around the ground. Hope we can turn it around. Also need a small at drop of ball if we are going to kick it to Lobb/Marra/Naughts down the line. At least we are in it. And as woofers have said, the effort is better so far.

Arfer looks alright too. An excitement machine.

Lobb is a worry

Certainly is. Brings nothing and looks under done

We need a few more to get involved and particularly some marks from Lobb and Naughton

It will be fascinating to see who comes out firing.

Arty is into it.

30-03-2023, 08:52 PM
Just started watcheingat the start.

No Lobb?

If so, who is playing in his place?

30-03-2023, 08:52 PM
Macrae very poor

30-03-2023, 08:54 PM
We need a few more to get involved and particularly some marks from Lobb and Naughton

Lobb is a pro under pressure.
A goal or mark could do winders.

30-03-2023, 08:54 PM
Ah, finally saw Lobb

30-03-2023, 08:55 PM
Wow that was soft by English. So soft.

30-03-2023, 08:56 PM
Charlie Cameron is electric.

Of course Crozier getting sucked towards the contest leaves his man out the back. Never change mate.

Whats with the holding when not in possession?
Same error leading to both goals!

30-03-2023, 08:58 PM
Lobb goals, called :)

30-03-2023, 08:59 PM
that kick into the fwd line was so predictable, Good pressure from Arty for the turnover, for Lobb goal

How's that not fifty to English?

That's great stuff from Baker. Nice to have a two sided wing.

Baker as not called!
He sized it up when he got it in the pocket.

30-03-2023, 09:00 PM
You know, it's only a small sample size but Baker hasn't been our worst recruit.

Well done Baker. That is the type of composure we need to see. Lovely to see.

Baker wearing 13 is so fitting haha

30-03-2023, 09:02 PM
Marra owns the ball.

Daisy Pearce is full of shit.

Of course that was a free to JUH.

Huge from Marra

30-03-2023, 09:03 PM
Lower your eyes Richards, Jesus.

30-03-2023, 09:04 PM
Any chance one of our tall forwards will compete for a long ball?

30-03-2023, 09:05 PM
Baker wearing 13 is so fitting haha

I understood that reference.

Daisy Pearce is full of shit.

Of course that was a free to JUH.

I don't mind her but, yeah. You can't do that.

30-03-2023, 09:06 PM
Wow. Berry drove his head into Dale.. That's a shocker

Any chance one of our tall forwards will compete for a long ball?

Are you new here?

BS free kick and Dale apologises per umpire relations, classy but insincere.

30-03-2023, 09:07 PM
Jacko's lifted. We look so much better when he gets his energy up.

30-03-2023, 09:14 PM
We?ve missed that run from half back from JJ. It?s a thing of Beauty when he is in full flight. No more Howard stuff Bevo

30-03-2023, 09:15 PM
l mean, I love Naughts, but if he can't kick at least one of those last two regularly, then he's got to play down back long term.

30-03-2023, 09:16 PM
thats 2 skewed off the side of the boot from Naughton, where is our goal kicking gone ?

l mean, I love Naughts, but if he can't kick at least one of those last two regularly, then he's got to play down back long term.

Welcome.

Naughton dropping the ball to the left of his boot.
C'mon Norts hit the centre of your deadly boot.

30-03-2023, 09:17 PM
Naughton dropping the ball to the left of his boot.
C'mon Norts hit the centre of your deadly boot.

FFS Lobb!
White hair and you do that!

30-03-2023, 09:17 PM
That's very soft of Lobb right there.

30-03-2023, 09:18 PM
That's very soft of Lobb right there.

His nursing something as he does not look mobile or going hard for it.

30-03-2023, 09:20 PM
His nursing something as he does not look mobile or going hard for it.

Why selelected?

30-03-2023, 09:21 PM
Over umpiring.

30-03-2023, 09:23 PM
Great miss Gunston. Portentous we hope.
Litmus paper.

30-03-2023, 09:23 PM
English is officially our best player.

30-03-2023, 09:25 PM
and the Bont.....the Bont is as well!

30-03-2023, 09:26 PM

Laughs in Bontempelli.

30-03-2023, 09:26 PM
Oh gosh. All that work and those horrible misses. I'm too pessimistic now days but that'll bite us in the arse.

30-03-2023, 09:27 PM
Macrae a better quarter picking up 14 disposals

30-03-2023, 09:29 PM
Oscar saying on ch 7 that we hope to suffocate them with our pressure. Love it, cost us three goals yet if we'd nailed a few more set shots, our dominance in play would be reflected.

Bont sensational. Can any fwds actually lead out to receive it on the chest instead of having it dumped on their heads? Those 2 Naught shots were horrendous but predictable.
Intensity is good and we seem to be playing more as a team.
Lobb shouldn?t be playing.

The team intent is there but I hope Naughton's not going to be listed as an anchor.

30-03-2023, 09:30 PM
Bont, English, Caleb have been excellent. Nice to see some old Jacko in that half as well and Bailey doesn't look at his best but he looks right into the contest.

Marra and Arty have had some special moments.

Not sure has has been smashed once again at ball ups. I have not seen him yet Fort once

Macraes best quarter in about a year.

JJ influential too - glad he's playing half back.

Lobb and Naughton are big concerns. It won't happen but I'd be tempted to switch Naughton and Bruce.

Scrappy game with a fair bit of pressure. Nice to see us in the game physically and spiritually though!

30-03-2023, 09:31 PM
Oh gosh. All that work and those horrible misses. I'm too pessimistic now days but that'll bite us in the arse.

No arse biting allowed tonight.

Welcome.

BAD and YHF have joined the gang.

Not sure has has been smashed once again at ball ups. I have not seen him yet Fort once

He had 6 or 7 hit outs to advantage half way through the second qtr.

30-03-2023, 09:32 PM
Libba is Libba, huge improvement in Bont, MaCrae and it’s nice to had Adz back. Daniel has been better but I wish we had West out in that midfield

30-03-2023, 09:32 PM

He's the worst set shot I've ever seen.

Absolutely no technique at all.

Needs to be within 30.

30-03-2023, 09:33 PM
As well as his goal, I liked Baker' aggro at the end of the dust up, we need more of that

Loved Oscar playing candy crush.

Libba is Libba, huge improvement in Bont, MaCrae and it’s nice to had Adz back. Daniel has been better but I wish we had West out in that midfield

Scott West? Me too ;)

30-03-2023, 09:34 PM
Well we've squandered so many opportunities, and been very sloppy, but the effort and spirit tells me that the player's are invested and believe in the coach's plan. Just got to do so much better with execution.

Naughton just simply has to be at least 50% on goal. He's a one in 4 proposition at times and it just takes the wind out of all the good work and chips away at the team confidence. Its the ability to be clinically ruthless and reliable when you get an opportunity to score that prevents the type of run on's teams have been getting on us. How many times have we seen us miss two or three relatively easy shots only to see the opposition get an easy one in reply.

We're just lucky so far tonight that Daniher commits the same sins as Naughton in front of goal.

30-03-2023, 09:36 PM
We looked better from the first bounce. The Bont has led the way.
Our kicking for goal is our Achilles heel. The EFFORT is there.

30-03-2023, 09:36 PM
Well my narrative is that we came out better after the first break so what after the main break?
Who will fire this qtr?
Which coach and team comes out and develops sharper and better play?
It seems we believe as we should.
Great things from the Bulldogs will happen but what of Brisbane? A fearsome opponent at this moment.

30-03-2023, 09:37 PM
Not yet

30-03-2023, 09:37 PM
Long quarter......did something happen?

30-03-2023, 09:38 PM
It was mentioned in here prior to the game, the midfield group weren't very happy with the Dunkley "better midfield" comment.

LVDM said that in the pre match.

Re any hard feelings he said they're mates so no (as it should be).

Not yet

Too late, you're in.

Lobb and Naughton are big concerns. It won't happen but I'd be tempted to switch Naughton and Bruce.

Scrappy game with a fair bit of pressure. Nice to see us in the game physically and spiritually though!

I agree with that, Bruce could not do any worse than Naughton up forward.

30-03-2023, 09:39 PM
Too late, you're in.

Yep, once you've joined there's no turning back.

30-03-2023, 09:40 PM

Oskar Baker is coming

30-03-2023, 09:41 PM

was Macrae tagging Dunkley

Much better qtr by Macrae… he needed to extract the digit and credit to him he did.

I agree with that, Bruce could not do any worse than Naughton up forward.

It's catching on @chef!

https://media.giphy.com/media/zZj8mBZPLHgedbpejE/giphy.gif

30-03-2023, 09:42 PM
was Macrae tagging Dunkley

I noticed Caleb going to him at stoppages earlier.

30-03-2023, 09:43 PM
Stats are very split and not really showing a match winning advantage to either team in any category. We'd really want to come out and establish some dominance in and around the ball early though I think.

30-03-2023, 09:44 PM
Oskar Baker is coming

Honestly I'm really coming around to him.

30-03-2023, 09:44 PM
An Arty goal, early on would be just what the Dr ordered.

30-03-2023, 09:48 PM
Well done Macrae!

30-03-2023, 09:49 PM
Again well done jack.

30-03-2023, 09:49 PM
Marra's ball.

30-03-2023, 09:50 PM
Is it just me or do Brisbane have about 8 dudes that could actually be the same person?

30-03-2023, 09:52 PM
Is it just me or do Brisbane have about 8 dudes that could actually be the same person?

I'm with you haha.
I feel the same bout Bont 'n Bruce.

30-03-2023, 09:53 PM
FFS sake great entry with ball in a free William's hands and we free kick!

30-03-2023, 09:55 PM
See that guy is a forward.

Marks near 50 are given a generous mark ffs!

Lobb and Naughton need to find something and start bringing those long balls to ground. I'd be thinking about Lobb putting on the sub vest - we've seen nothing except for his snap goal.

30-03-2023, 09:56 PM
I'm with you haha.
I feel the same bout Bont 'n Bruce.

I'm glad you said it they do look interchangeable.

So we just gonna have another game where we just kick it to Jake Lever?

Reckon Gunston has Bruce on toast on the lead. Would be looking at Jones going to him.

30-03-2023, 09:58 PM
Did BW strike that like he meant it?

30-03-2023, 09:59 PM
Scotty!

30-03-2023, 10:00 PM
Marra's ball.

30-03-2023, 10:00 PM
Scotty!

Big few minutes

30-03-2023, 10:02 PM
Go dogs!

30-03-2023, 10:02 PM
Yes!
Brissie are scared of our forward marking power.
Opponents and umps beware.
Suffer Dunkley.

30-03-2023, 10:05 PM
Critical time now, make the most of the short time.

30-03-2023, 10:06 PM
Lobb got his centre of gravity in line with the ball's flight.

30-03-2023, 10:09 PM
Another tackle gives them a free and goal.

30-03-2023, 10:10 PM
Need to get a 20 point lead. Not much but will be a breather in the context of the game.

30-03-2023, 10:13 PM
Bruuuucccɛe.

30-03-2023, 10:16 PM
Andrews has absolutely bathed Naughton tonight.

30-03-2023, 10:17 PM
We need to keep Gunston under control this quarter.

30-03-2023, 10:17 PM
Oskar Baker is coming

He's been awesome.

30-03-2023, 10:18 PM
3 marks between Naughty and Lobb is a poor return. Andrews has taken 11.

We need to keep Gunston under control this quarter.

Yes 3 goals that qtr he's a real danger man.

What a beautiful kick for goal he is.

Like a bullet.

3 marks between Naughty and Lobb is a poor return. Andrews has taken 11.

We literally kick it to him.

30-03-2023, 10:19 PM
Will we use the sub?

We simply must win this game.

He's been awesome.

He really has.

Held his width well and his kicking has been penetrating.

Boots
30-03-2023, 10:20 PM
Geez we look like a different team. Tackling, pressure, winning a lot of clearances. Bont, Dale, Ugle-Hagen, Libba, Treloar, English, Richard’s all having great games. Liking Lobb and Jones a lot. Forward line connection still a bit rubbish, naughton’s horror misses, still can’t mark. But wow this was the game I expected round 1.

30-03-2023, 10:21 PM
Lost that qtr.
Now or never, only eight in front.
FFC take the opportunity against a great opponent

Richards is a funny player. Panic merchant when there's no need to be giving away free kicks, and doesn't panic when I think he should!

I should be asleep. I have to wake up in 6hrs but we're on tonight. We haven't let up in terms of pressure. 1 more quarter Doggies.

30-03-2023, 10:23 PM
Garcia that's so unnecessary.

30-03-2023, 10:24 PM
Dunk's hand to his face hmmm.

30-03-2023, 10:24 PM
Lobb has to be subbed.

Can barely run.

30-03-2023, 10:25 PM
Stop it Garcia. Jesus.

Rough 'em up Garcia but...

Garcia is a liability with his stupid frees.

30-03-2023, 10:26 PM
its not necessary Garcia those second motion pushes, giving away frees.

30-03-2023, 10:28 PM
Pure poetry in motion.

30-03-2023, 10:29 PM
We may win by behinds.
Go get 'em.

30-03-2023, 10:33 PM
Stoked that I was wrong about Baker. Thought he was a poor get, but has been excellent. Pure winger who knows how to play the spot.

30-03-2023, 10:35 PM
Joey Danniher has to be one of the most overrated footballers. Worst field kick there to Charlie in the 4th
Cannot kick straight for goal if his life depended on it. Essendon must be relieved that his salary off their books

30-03-2023, 10:38 PM
Sheesh Norts is Andrews bunny in reading ball flight and mastering his marking craft.

30-03-2023, 10:42 PM
Jeemak far out Garcia!
Garcia neefs counselling!
Garcia mare!!!

Garcia is an idiot.

If Garcia never plays again I'll be OK with it.

Lost me.

30-03-2023, 10:43 PM
Garcia is an idiot can ever play again.

Jake Lever once again playing a hell of a game against us.

****ing Garcia three 50 penalty

Boots
30-03-2023, 10:44 PM
What was that latest Garcia free for?

30-03-2023, 10:44 PM
that is an absolute rubbish free kick against Bruce. it was a 50/50 contest . Well done AFL ruined the contested ball

30-03-2023, 10:45 PM
And he actually can't play football

30-03-2023, 10:46 PM
That's just about the smartest piece of play I've ever seen from Naughton.

30-03-2023, 10:46 PM
Need to dig deep doggies

30-03-2023, 10:47 PM
OMGcall the ambulance, norts to a bailey!>=,]# :)

C'mon boys. Get it done.

Awesome mark by Naughton, Great kick in the right position for Williams to mark. well done Wiliams!

30-03-2023, 10:48 PM
Chilli!!

30-03-2023, 10:48 PM
English like Dempsey of old.

30-03-2023, 10:50 PM
This could be a great victory against all odds, bulldogs as always, defending our turf, love you Bulldogs.
Marra owns the ball!!!

30-03-2023, 10:51 PM
Lock the F*cking ball in!

30-03-2023, 10:52 PM
Great effort Dogs? awesome.

You know we'll win this game, it's just got typical Bulldogs written all over it.

Look at this guy.

thats a beautiful poignant end to the game with JUH last kick of the night for a goal.

1st goal and last goal of the game, 5 goals

Well done young man!

30-03-2023, 10:53 PM
Gutsy win

30-03-2023, 10:53 PM
Great win. Now why did we not do that or the last 2 weeks? Why did we not put in a shift?

30-03-2023, 10:54 PM
Ugly win but * yeah. 5 goals for Jamarra is pretty special.

30-03-2023, 10:54 PM
**** I love Marcus Bontempelli and I don't care who knows.