23-03-2023, 09:59 PM
Bump

bornadog
23-03-2023, 10:06 PM
Carlton easily at the moment

Grantysghost
23-03-2023, 10:07 PM
Carlton easily at the moment

Going to be a tight squeeze for the 8 this year.

Eastdog
23-03-2023, 10:50 PM
Getting close now. Cats are coming.

kruder
23-03-2023, 10:54 PM
Surely West and Garcia can play a role like Owies, exactly what we need,next to our talls?

JanLorMill
23-03-2023, 10:58 PM
Gary Rohan you dud, only kicks winning goals against us!

macca
23-03-2023, 11:02 PM
carlton mid field: [13] Blake Acres, [9] Patrick Cripps, [14] Oliver Hollands

with interchange : [26] Lachlan Cowan, [27] Marc Pittonet, [7] Matthew Kennedy, [44] Matthew Owies
[12] Tom De Koning, [5] Adam Cerra,[35] Ed Curnow

Inject some youth , run and speed, with the hard tackling of Curnow, Kennedy and Cripps .
Carlton really had it over Geelong.
MacKay was huge with the last few marks in the final 3 mintues

Lewis Young did some nice things, and took a good mark in the last 2 mins.
Voss be very happy with the result tonight.

Good game to watch tonight to see the cats get beaten at the MCG. Just shows when they don't have the umpiring advantage they struggle to take the lead.

The blues are threatening to be a top 8 team, again ...

jeemak
23-03-2023, 11:24 PM
If anyone's wondering when Geelong will get its key defence back online it's round 12, 3 June.

merantau
24-03-2023, 06:14 AM
From what I've seen so far we are a long way behind Carlton, Richmond, Geelong, Collingwood, Melbourne and even Essendon in game style, skills and intensity. I tell myself, "It was only the first game", but it was such an awful performance I'll be very concerned if we don't have a massive turn around against St. Kilda.

bornadog
24-03-2023, 09:40 AM
If anyone's wondering when Geelong will get its key defence back online it's round 12, 3 June.

At least it is our home game

Bulldog Joe
24-03-2023, 09:44 AM
Geelong almost stole that game, but if you take out Jeremy Cameron they would not have been within 10 goals.

Plenty not right at Geelong.

bornadog
24-03-2023, 11:07 AM
Geelong almost stole that game, but if you take out Jeremy Cameron they would not have been within 10 goals.

Plenty not right at Geelong.

Premiership hangover

The Bulldogs Bite
24-03-2023, 11:55 AM
Geelong will be fine (with such great disgust I say).

Missing key players in Duncan, Stewart, Henry, Kolo yet were still in winnable positions v Collingwood and Carlton.

They have games coming up against Gold Coast, Hawthorn, West Coast (Gather Round), Sydney (Home), Essendon and Adelaide (Home).

Every chance to win all of those, if not 5/6.

JanLorMill
24-03-2023, 03:48 PM
Someone remind me why we played Ryan Gardner so often before Lewis Young?

Sedat
24-03-2023, 03:57 PM
Geelong will be fine (with such great disgust I say).

Missing key players in Duncan, Stewart, Henry, Kolo yet were still in winnable positions v Collingwood and Carlton.

They have games coming up against Gold Coast, Hawthorn, West Coast (Gather Round), Sydney (Home), Essendon and Adelaide (Home).

Every chance to win all of those, if not 5/6.
They might run the table in the next month on those weaker opponents but their midfield is an early watch. They are not working hard in either direction and are non-competitive in both the contests and on the spread. Their midfield needs to sharpen up and fast.

I can see them lose a couple of these winnable games in the up-coming stretch. Gold Coast, Essendon and Adelaide are danger if they aren't 100% on in the middle.

MrMahatma
24-03-2023, 05:02 PM

Not sure what that's got to do with Gards but Young is really improving in a role we all thought he should play. Stings loads to have him doing well, but also, good on him.

JanLorMill
24-03-2023, 05:36 PM
Not sure what that's got to do with Gards but Young is really improving in a role we all thought he should play. Stings loads to have him doing well, but also, good on him.
Gardner was preferred to him in backline, and I don't believe it's because he is better. Young played back, forward, ruck, rarely regular seniors, vfl and never given the chances or the faith Gardner got.

I'd take Young back over Gardner in a heart beat but that's ok we will get him back at 32yo

Happy Days
24-03-2023, 06:25 PM
I mean, Young still had 6 goals and 25 touches hung on him. Not like he did a ton of stopping.

jeemak
24-03-2023, 06:31 PM
I mean, Young still had 6 goals and 25 touches hung on him. Not like he did a ton of stopping.

It's not about that, or failing to contest at critical times that give away goals in close games. It's all about the times he gets the footy.

I'm only being half a smartarse here. The ability to defend in the AFL is something fans, the media and possibly some inside the industry value less and less.

Dogs 24/7
24-03-2023, 06:47 PM
Is anyone just a little worried that Carlton might actually be good? Just saying it is like running my nails on a chalkboard.

hujsh
24-03-2023, 07:37 PM
It's not about that, or failing to contest at critical times that give away goals in close games. It's all about the times he gets the footy.

I'm only being half a smartarse here. The ability to defend in the AFL is something fans, the media and possibly some inside the industry value less and less.

Yeah but let's shit on Gardner instead.

jeemak
24-03-2023, 07:45 PM

It's nostalgic!!

D Mitchell
24-03-2023, 07:48 PM

Young was a terrible disposer of the ball, straight to the opposition. Gardiner not as bad.

Grantysghost
24-03-2023, 07:55 PM
Gardner was preferred to him in backline, and I don't believe it's because he is better. Young played back, forward, ruck, rarely regular seniors, vfl and never given the chances or the faith Gardner got.

I'd take Young back over Gardner in a heart beat but that's ok we will get him back at 32yo

I'm in the Gardner camp on this one. He is a really good defender.

Young is neat, however I find him to be pretty average as a defender.

azabob
24-03-2023, 09:22 PM

Aren’t they two different defenders? Gardner is a lockdown defender where as Young is more your intercept type defender?

azabob
24-03-2023, 09:23 PM
Lions actually taking advantage of their opportunities against Melbourne.

Gawn also subbed out with a knee injury early on.

chef
24-03-2023, 09:29 PM
Nice to see Melbourne getting touch up.

chef
24-03-2023, 09:31 PM

Yeah, hes no world beater but defensively Gardner is twice the player Young is imo.

Youngs softness will get found out if Carlton make finals.

GVGjr
24-03-2023, 09:49 PM
Aren’t they two different defenders? Gardner is a lockdown defender where as Young is more your intercept type defender?

Gards trained brilliantly today and the brace on his arm has been replaced with strapping. O'Brien, A.Jones and Gardner did a lot of sprints today and I was impressed with their top speed.

bornadog
24-03-2023, 09:51 PM
Gards trained brilliantly today and the brace on his arm has been replaced with strapping. O'Brien, A.Jones and Gardner did a lot of sprints today and I was impressed with their top speed.

Sounds like they are not too far away

azabob
24-03-2023, 09:55 PM
Gee Will Ashcroft is very slight but gee he looks the goods.

DOG GOD
24-03-2023, 09:56 PM
Melb look a different team without Gawn out there.

jeemak
24-03-2023, 09:56 PM
Dunks rating a solid 22nd on the field in DT points after his team is up by 31pts with seven minutes to go in the second quarter.

Brisbane fans booing Petty.

It's an interesting night.

azabob
24-03-2023, 09:57 PM

They look lost don’t they?

bornadog
24-03-2023, 09:58 PM
They look lost don’t they?

Grundy is nothing like he used to be, so no replacement.

azabob
24-03-2023, 10:00 PM
Grundy is nothing like he used to be, so no replacement.

Grundy is also no where as physically impactful as Gawn.

GVGjr
24-03-2023, 10:08 PM
Gee Will Ashcroft is very slight but gee he looks the goods.

He's a quality player but he's never going to be one of the bigger midfielders.

Grantysghost
24-03-2023, 10:48 PM

May and Gawn are their two most important, and the Lions are putting work into Oliver (which is uber important).
Lions also don't push up deep so Melbourne struggling to get over the top.

They've done it once I believe.

Dunks was right, Lions midfield is better.

G-Mo77
24-03-2023, 10:49 PM
If Petty wants to cry about something it should be that right there. That was like a basketball ankle breaker.

Grantysghost
24-03-2023, 10:51 PM
He's a quality player but he's never going to be one of the bigger midfielders.

He's got great hair.

Looks like a nice player.

The Underdog
24-03-2023, 11:11 PM
He's got great hair.

Looks like a nice player.

Anyone know whether James Brayshaw thinks he?s impressive? Might help if he mentioned it every ****ing possession he has

soupman
24-03-2023, 11:13 PM
Anyone know whether James Brayshaw thinks he?s impressive? Might help if he mentioned it every ****ing possession he has

I preferred it when he was telling us Brisbane were "literally on fire".

The Underdog
24-03-2023, 11:19 PM
I preferred it when he was telling us Brisbane were "literally on fire".

He honestly makes me regret being born with ears.

bornadog
24-03-2023, 11:20 PM
Pathetic forgot to pay the power bill

bulldogsthru&thru
24-03-2023, 11:21 PM
Lights have gone out at the gabba

The Underdog
24-03-2023, 11:21 PM
Well, that was unexpected. Lights out. LED screen advertising still working though.

Grantysghost
24-03-2023, 11:29 PM

Brayshaw has a job for reasons I don't understand.

jeemak
24-03-2023, 11:49 PM
Quote of the night from Richo - there are only four light towers here, I thought there were five.

Not sure how much information he had at hand whilst at the game, aside from being on the ground counting the light towers......what a legend.

GVGjr
24-03-2023, 11:55 PM
Are they going to use the Duckworth Lewis Stern method now?

jeemak
25-03-2023, 12:08 AM
BT is such a troglodyte. Asking why anyone would want to see the players playing.

Well shit mate, it might be the fans at the ground who actually pay to watch footy. It might be the stupid idiots who sit through your shit and watch all the advertisements on TV.

Ignorant rent seekers like this dickhead are starting to annoy me more and more. They're the pits.

macca
25-03-2023, 12:17 AM
Quote of the night from Richo - there are only four light towers here, I thought there were five.

Not sure how much information he had at hand whilst at the game, aside from being on the ground counting the light towers......what a legend.

So proud of Rich , he can count to 5

Maybe it’s 5 at the Richmond oval ?

bornadog
25-03-2023, 12:19 AM
40 points up and Lions slack off and win by 11

jeemak
25-03-2023, 12:22 AM
So BT says nobody wants to see this finish:

1. Does Ch7 think it's silly to continue and miss out on six more goals of advertising, plus the advertising in the break?
2. Do those at the ground want to see players walk off after only playing 7/8ths of the game?
3. Does MFC want to miss the chance to play catch up and limit the percentage damage?

Why do we have to keep listening to this ignorant ****wit each week. He argues with his co-commentators who are talking facts in the face of his bullshit, he clearly disrespects the viewers. Surely enough is enough and the fat **** needs to go.

jeemak
25-03-2023, 12:23 AM
So proud of Rich , he can count to 5

Maybe it’s 5 at the Richmond oval ?

Actually, he only knows five exists but can't count to four.

Grantysghost
25-03-2023, 02:43 AM

1. Does Ch7 think it's silly to continue and miss out on six more goals of advertising, plus the advertising in the break?
2. Do those at the ground want to see players walk off after only playing 7/8ths of the game?
3. Does MFC want to miss the chance to play catch up and limit the percentage damage?

Why do we have to keep listening to this ignorant ****wit each week. He argues with his co-commentators who are talking facts in the face of his bullshit, he clearly disrespects the viewers. Surely enough is enough and the fat **** needs to go.

Some of this best content on this site since a rainy day in September a couple years back.

I quite literally turn the sound down and would pay extra for a turn the commentators off and only have the crowd / game sounds button.

It's the worst and totally out of touch with your more discerning AFL consumer.

Lowest common denominator stuff. Kind of like not broadcasting in 2160p (4K).

I get it because I can afford Foxtel, it's a thing of beauty.

The Underdog
25-03-2023, 11:15 AM
Brayshaw has a job for reasons I don't understand.

There’s an old Regurgitator song that comes to mind.
Anyway, Channel 7 football coverage is an abomination pretty much across the board. It’s made me dislike Luke Darcy for crying out loud.

Happy Days
25-03-2023, 11:21 AM
My toxic trait is that I like James Brayshaw.

Grantysghost
25-03-2023, 11:22 AM
There’s an old Regurgitator song that comes to mind.
Anyway, Channel 7 football coverage is an abomination pretty much across the board. It’s made me dislike Luke Darcy for crying out loud.

Polyester girl?

SALOCTGWIA (code)

The Underdog
25-03-2023, 11:51 AM

I’m not sure there is a therapist alive who can help you.

Sedat
25-03-2023, 12:28 PM

I have a few hobby horses as you might have noticed, and Ch 7's utter disregard for their viewers with their disgusting coverage of our great game is right up there. I wish they would just go out of business permanently. Fark them.

azabob
25-03-2023, 12:46 PM
I have a few hobby horses as you might have noticed, and Ch 7's utter disregard for their viewers with their disgusting coverage of our great game is right up there. I wish they would just go out of business permanently. Fark them.

Do we have a hobby horse thread? We really should.

EasternWest
25-03-2023, 12:52 PM

You just feel like Sedat's about to go on a rant, don't you?

aker39
25-03-2023, 01:27 PM
Is their a digital version of the social club membership like last year.

I know this year you can just show your physical membership card that says social club membership, but I was looking to see if I could have an electronic version on my phone

I can see seat tickets on the app, but it doesn't mention social club

aker39
25-03-2023, 01:29 PM

I was in a lift with him earlier this week, and he deliberately pressed the close button when he could see people walking towards the lift.

That's the sort of person we are dealing with here.

macca
25-03-2023, 02:24 PM
The MCG lights out delay, I wonder if the extended game time will have any physical impact on the fatigue and recovery players for next week?

We play brisbane next week in round 3

Melbourne play Sydney. They are ripe to be picked off with Gawn and if May, is not available.

macca
25-03-2023, 02:27 PM

Is this your form of cathartic release? Its a very slipper slope to follow the church of J. Brayshaw.

Go_Dogs
25-03-2023, 03:44 PM
Collingwood are a legitimate team. Knew that already but gee they’ve started the year impressively. So many players who kick goals, huge amounts of pressure, lots of great users and runners.

bornadog
25-03-2023, 04:58 PM
Collingwood are a legitimate team. Knew that already but gee they’ve started the year impressively. So many players who kick goals, huge amounts of pressure, lots of great users and runners.

I said to my wife, I thought Collingwood wouldn't be much chop this year and her response was still might be :D

I think they are well coached and playing good footy

bulldogsthru&thru
25-03-2023, 05:41 PM

Sounds like us in 15 and 16. Goals would come from anyone. Pressure was immense. Footy is pretty simple sometimes.

Mofra
25-03-2023, 05:53 PM
Broad in trouble for a sling tackle resulting in a concussion. Pretty obvious second lifting/slinging motion

bornadog
25-03-2023, 05:57 PM
Broad in trouble for a sling tackle resulting in a concussion. Pretty obvious second lifting/slinging motion

These blokes never learn Tigers play like that.