31-03-2023, 09:18 PM
McStay is mcshit.

G-Mo77
31-03-2023, 09:22 PM
McStay is mcshit.

Had some shockers already this game.

The Bulldogs Bite
31-03-2023, 09:30 PM
Ash Johnson looks a real player. How did he only get picked up in the MSD in 2021? Where was he before that?

macca
31-03-2023, 09:42 PM
Ash Johnson looks a real player. How did he only get picked up in the MSD in 2021? Where was he before that?

Played in Halls creek, has amazing pedigree with Counsins in Sam PEtrevski, Jy Farrar and McAdam ( brother)

open your browser in incognito(private) mode, to read.
https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/pie-from-the-sky-inside-the-amazing-journey-of-collingwood-s-ash-johnson-20220817-p5baoi.html

there is also a link on Jy Farrar in the article.

Collingwood finding him was a good story, in 2021 mid season draft.

There is another great story with Caminiti for saints here:
https://www.afl.com.au/news/892093/unlucky-breaks-and-raising-the-steaks-new-saint-s-wild-ride-to-the-top

I really question how or why we miss these 2 type of players. I can see why Carlton not picking Caminiti because of their fwd depth, but we surely could have used him as a developing defender? He played on Sam Darcy in a school game.

G-Mo77
31-03-2023, 09:58 PM
Reminds me of a Dogs game. All play no score. Pies all over them and only 3 goals in front.

bornadog
01-04-2023, 12:03 AM
Reminds me of a Dogs game. All play no score. Pies all over them and only 3 goals in front.

Might be a new trend where every team is defending better and not kicking goals

Hotdog60
01-04-2023, 12:21 AM
Might be a new trend where every team is defending better and not kicking goals

If the trend continues look for more rule changes the AFL will drop the wings next.

macca
01-04-2023, 12:24 AM
If the trend continues look for more rule changes the AFL will drop the wings next.

the holding the ball decision against Grimes late in the 4th quarter just ruins the game. There was no prior when there are 3 opposition players on top of you. Result is a Collingwood goal..

soupman
01-04-2023, 07:27 AM
the holding the ball decision against Grimes late in the 4th quarter just ruins the game. There was no prior when there are 3 opposition players on top of you. Result is a Collingwood goal..

That was a clear free. He was on the ground and lunged out to "dive" on the ball, then failed to get it out.

It's one of those rules that gets consistently called, but a bunch of fans always seem surprised by. Getting done for holding when you grab your opponents jumper, no matter how innocuous, and the ruck blocking free which invariably has half the crowd yelling "what was that for" when they call it every single time.

Bulldog4life
01-04-2023, 02:42 PM
Collingwood in trouble. Both ruckmen out injured and next tallest man on their list is Darcy Moore at 203 cms. Frampton might have to ruck?

DOG GOD
01-04-2023, 04:57 PM
When will the AFL look at Hawthorn tanking ? ;)

azabob
01-04-2023, 05:04 PM
When will the AFL look at Hawthorn tanking ? ;)

You jinxed north

DOG GOD
01-04-2023, 05:05 PM
You jinxed north
Haha

bornadog
01-04-2023, 05:09 PM
Haha

Hawks will win this. They have missed alot of shots and should be further ahead.

DOG GOD
01-04-2023, 05:23 PM
Hawks will win this. They have missed alot of shots and should be further ahead.

The way they played that 3rd quarter I was almost certain they already had Reid?s signature. Giving NM a 3 win lead would almost guarantee last spot. I?m surprised they got up to win.

macca
01-04-2023, 07:58 PM
Makay drops the ball while being tackled, right infront of fwd field umpire. No free for GWS

One of the GWS players ask how is that not free , and cops a free for dissent.

Totally uterrly stupid decision by umpire.

Carlton take the lead with 10 mins left in the game.
This could decide the game.

Happy Days
01-04-2023, 08:08 PM
That umpire should never work again. Anywhere in any field.

Flamethrower
01-04-2023, 08:14 PM
Carlton gifted 4 premiership points by the AFL.

Hogan cops an elbow to the head in a marking contest - clear free kick ignored 30m out directly in front.
Then the McKay BS.

No need to make the match fixing so obvious.

The AFL want Carlton in the finals in 2023 - Whatever It Takes.

jeemak
01-04-2023, 08:18 PM
How do we get our hands on Brent Daniels?

That dissent free kick was the worst I've seen.

azabob
01-04-2023, 09:08 PM
How do we get our hands on Brent Daniels?

That dissent free kick was the worst I've seen.

Buku Khamis a close second last year.

The Bulldogs Bite
01-04-2023, 11:26 PM
Only watched the end of both games but geez, Ross has St Kilda playing great footy. I didn't see this coming, their list looked one of the worst in the comp. Interestes to see if they can keep it up.

Showdown always delivers, Crows were brilliant late.

Daughter of the West
02-04-2023, 01:47 AM
Carlton gifted 4 premiership points by the AFL.

Hogan cops an elbow to the head in a marking contest - clear free kick ignored 30m out directly in front.
Then the McKay BS.

No need to make the match fixing so obvious.

The AFL want Carlton in the finals in 2023 - Whatever It Takes.

I just checked final scores, Carltank with 9 goal TWENTY POINTS?!? Yuck

Curnow's arms are outta control btw...

D Mitchell
02-04-2023, 03:31 AM
Collingwood in trouble. Both ruckmen out injured and next tallest man on their list is Darcy Moore at 203 cms. Frampton might have to ruck?

Hindsight's great. A 2 goal plus win. Like it or not, the 'pies are going to be thereabouts, this season. Whilst I haven't seen them, yet, mates who have say that they play direct, aggressive, accountable footy. On present form, even including Thursday evening, they'd blow us out of the water with a team of rovers.

azabob
02-04-2023, 08:11 AM
Only watched the end of both games but geez, Ross has St Kilda playing great footy. I didn't see this coming, their list looked one of the worst in the comp. Interestes to see if they can keep it up.

Showdown always delivers, Crows were brilliant late.

It was a really good win by the saints. They were challenged and responded big time. They are also good to watch. Mason Wood finally looks like putting it all together.

Port looked in control during the third quarter; I was surprised to see the Crows run all over them.

Grantysghost
02-04-2023, 08:45 AM
It was a really good win by the saints. They were challenged and responded big time. They are also good to watch. Mason Wood finally looks like putting it all together.

Port looked in control during the third quarter; I was surprised to see the Crows run all over them.
Burgess

GVGjr
02-04-2023, 08:48 AM
Burgess

It seems he might have worked his magic with another club.

Grantysghost
02-04-2023, 09:30 AM

Speaking to Melbourne people they said they felt the players were pretty much pushed to their limits and there was a fear of burn out, having said that they were more than happy to roll the dice.
Got them a flag*

azabob
02-04-2023, 10:21 AM
Burgess

Yeah, good point

Happy Days
02-04-2023, 10:29 AM
Let’s not excuse Port not turning up in a big spot yet again just because Adelaide have some guy telling them to run, but harder.

Grantysghost
02-04-2023, 10:42 AM
Let’s not excuse Port not turning up in a big spot yet again just because Adelaide have some guy telling them to run, but harder.

Hinkley must be at threat level midnight.

Happy Days
02-04-2023, 10:49 AM

I don’t know how he survived missing the finals last year. It’s like they were so traumatised by the beating some awesome team put on them in their home prelim that they suppressed even making the top 4 and abandoned all expectations.

GVGjr
02-04-2023, 11:06 AM

They've backed themselves into a bit of a corner as well and with Monty and Voss moving on in recent years internally they've thinned the coaching ranks from an experience perspective.

I can't see how they could make a move though unless it's much later in the year.

westdog54
02-04-2023, 11:10 AM
Adelaide may week have copped the two worst umpiring decisions for the year in the one game. Either that or the protected area doesn't exist.

Happy Days
02-04-2023, 11:20 AM
Adelaide may week have copped the two worst umpiring decisions for the year in the one game. Either that or the protected area doesn't exist.

Can’t be true because GWS copped the worst decision in umpiring and all of human history earlier in the day.

Grantysghost
02-04-2023, 11:24 AM
Can’t be true because GWS copped the worst decision in umpiring and all of human history earlier in the day.

*puts arms out*

That was the most unbelievable decision ever at a critical stage.

That ump was on a power trip.

bulldogsthru&thru
02-04-2023, 11:31 AM
I don’t know how he survived missing the finals last year. It’s like they were so traumatised by the beating some awesome team put on them in their home prelim that they suppressed even making the top 4 and abandoned all expectations.

We really did traumatise then didn't we? Not often we do that to teams. But they were shellshocked on the night and have obviously not recovered since.

westdog54
02-04-2023, 11:43 AM

Just watched it. I stand corrected. I'm all for stamping out dissent but that's just ridiculous.

Dry Rot
02-04-2023, 12:15 PM
Rankine was impressive.

macca
02-04-2023, 02:51 PM

I dont know how Hinkley copes with this hot cold fade outs by his team. They were 9 .1(extraordinary) at one stage and 2 goals clear halfway through the 3rd

They either over achieve(they smashed brisbane) or really disappoint
I am concermed about his mental heatlh

macca
02-04-2023, 02:54 PM
Just watched it. I stand corrected. I'm all for stamping out dissent but that's just ridiculous.

That umpiring decision killed gws momentum. I really get annoyed when just stupid power trip decisions are made, it actaully turns me off watching footy anymore as there is no fairness anymore and unbiased umpiring.

They should change that dissent rule for decisions based on IN play , if a free was already awarded, not when a playet asked why there was no free??

Totally see the viewpoint the ump was on a power trip

bornadog
02-04-2023, 02:59 PM
Rankine was impressive.

Yes love to have him at the Dogs

macca
02-04-2023, 03:00 PM

Adelaide called on the force and exercised their mental strength to run over Port

I wonder what are these mind, toughness exercise that Burgess got them doing at training ?https://www.afl.com.au/news/700193/why-new-adelaide-crows-fitness-boss-is-playing-mind-games/amp

ledge
02-04-2023, 03:57 PM
Fact is port are downhill skiers , All stars when they win but if you put a bit of pressure on them and hit them hard they turn to butter . Been the case for years .

The Underdog
02-04-2023, 05:02 PM
This Gold Coast v Cats game is just gloriously awful. Skills are just incredible and not in a good way plus some of the worst kicking at goal I’ve ever seen.
Suns really putting the Cats under pressure though. Cats in danger of being 0-3

EasternWest
02-04-2023, 05:03 PM
I imagine anyone that put money on Oliver winning the Brownlow is face palming pretty hard now.

Boots
02-04-2023, 05:11 PM
Geez the rules around tackling are awful. Some deplorable push in the back frees paid in swans dees. And a few missed incorrect disposals too.

Grantysghost
02-04-2023, 05:24 PM
Lachie Hunter kicking set shot goals from 40 on tight angles.
Must be something good in those water bottles!

He's having a huge game 2 goals and 15 touches late in second.

The Underdog
02-04-2023, 05:29 PM
This Gold Coast v Cats game is just gloriously awful. Skills are just incredible and not in a good way plus some of the worst kicking at goal I’ve ever seen.
Suns really putting the Cats under pressure though. Cats in danger of being 0-3

Meanwhile Lukosius just went back and dobbed one from 65. Absolute genius

bornadog
02-04-2023, 05:36 PM
Meanwhile Lukosius just went back and dobbed one from 65. Absolute genius

I am enjoying watching Geelong go down. Jack 5 goals

Boots
02-04-2023, 05:39 PM
Suns beating Geelong is making my day

The Underdog
02-04-2023, 05:54 PM
I am enjoying watching Geelong go down. Jack 5 goals

He was excellent. Kick was measured at 73m.
To take a mark 5m inside the centre square and just go straight back for a shot at goal was quite something

Dry Rot
02-04-2023, 05:56 PM
When was the last time a premier went 0-3 the next season?

Dry Rot
02-04-2023, 05:57 PM
I thought the Crows looked all round impressive. A smokey for the 8?

Grantysghost
02-04-2023, 06:01 PM

Demons looking very shakey too.

GVGjr
02-04-2023, 06:07 PM

It's good for football in a lot of ways. :)

bornadog
02-04-2023, 06:08 PM

bornadog
02-04-2023, 06:09 PM
He was excellent. Kick was measured at 73m.
To take a mark 5m inside the centre square and just go straight back for a shot at goal was quite something

The umpire wouldn't believe him and he said he was serious in having a shot. Fantastic drop punt too.

watch here: https://twitter.com/FOXFOOTY/status/1642414672631726080

Boots
02-04-2023, 06:15 PM
Demons looking very shakey too.

I’m at the game, not shaken enough. Umpiring is deplorable. Sydney’s pressure is brilliant but little things keep going against them.

westdog54
02-04-2023, 06:40 PM

If Freo get up in the Derby this afternoon, the reigning premier will be the only team yet to win a game this season.

Definitely did not have that on my bingo card for 2023.

Boots
02-04-2023, 06:44 PM
Swans game is all over. Melbourne just more able to run out games, Sydney defence clearly exhausted.

Grantysghost
02-04-2023, 08:39 PM
I’m at the game, not shaken enough. Umpiring is deplorable. Sydney’s pressure is brilliant but little things keep going against them.

Ended up smashing them.

Petracca lifted in the third, Swans fell away were really poor.

Grantysghost
02-04-2023, 08:40 PM
If Freo get up in the Derby this afternoon, the reigning premier will be the only team yet to win a game this season.

Definitely did not have that on my bingo card for 2023.

Wonder if they've finally fallen off the cliff.

Selwood mightve been holding them together.

westdog54
02-04-2023, 09:28 PM
Wonder if they've finally fallen off the cliff.

Selwood mightve been holding them together.

All their big names are a year older and Hawkins spent most of the summer in a moon boot.

A sight drop off could have been expected but this is calamitous.

jeemak
02-04-2023, 09:42 PM
It's not difficult to lose a game by fifty points in this day and age.

westdog54
02-04-2023, 09:56 PM
You have to feel for West Coast. No rotations available on the bench for essentially the entire last quarter. Made only 50 interchanges for the match and just 16 in the second half.

EasternWest
02-04-2023, 10:50 PM
You have to feel for West Coast. No rotations available on the bench for essentially the entire last quarter. Made only 50 interchanges for the match and just 16 in the second half.

Do you really have to feel for them though:)?

westdog54
02-04-2023, 11:09 PM
Do you really have to feel for them though:)?

I honestly do. Purely from a physical exhaustion point of view. There must have been some legs absolutely screaming out with cramp by the dying minutes. Imagine playing what is essentially a full half of AFL level football as a midfielder.

I genuinely wouldn't wish that sort of pain on my worst enemy.

GVGjr
02-04-2023, 11:47 PM

It's a blueprint to get other injuries as well. Not being able to use close to you maximum rotations effects all the players.
Lucky for them them they get a full 7 day break and they're playing at home but they do come up against Melbourne.

Mantis
03-04-2023, 08:05 AM
Ended up smashing them.

Petracca lifted in the third, Swans fell away were really poor.

Sydney had spent all their petrol and got no reward... when Buddy, then Blakey missed gettable goals 1/2 way through the 3rd qtr the margin was 6pts, but then the Dees kicked 3 quick ones and the wind was gone from Sydney's sails... and from there, well Melb are a good front running team.

Is there a group of fans with their heads up their own asses more than Melbourne fans? It's truly a weird experience sitting amongst their throng as a neutral.

Boots
03-04-2023, 09:58 AM
Sydney had spent all their petrol and got no reward... when Buddy, then Blakey missed gettable goals 1/2 way through the 3rd qtr the margin was 6pts, but then the Dees kicked 3 quick ones and the wind was gone from Sydney's sails... and from there, well Melb are a good front running team.

Is there a group of fans with their heads up their own asses more than Melbourne fans? It's truly a weird experience sitting amongst their throng as a neutral.

I was luckily around mainly Swans fans, but yeah they are generally awful. Totally unearned arrogance, acting like they're already a dynasty. And the carping about the umps is endless.

There was one guy about a quarter of the way around the ground from me with an enormous voice booing Grundy and it was hilarious.

ledge
03-04-2023, 09:58 AM

Yes, bomber supporters !

Grantysghost
03-04-2023, 10:39 AM

No.

If I never hear Clarry or Tracc again it will be too soon.