Hawthorn vs. West Coast Eagles UTAS Stadium 1:10pm Fox Footy
Carlton vs. Collingwood MCG 3:20pm Seven/Fox
GWS Giants vs. St Kilda GIANTS Stadium 4:40pm Fox Footy

Eastdog
16-05-2023, 08:58 PM
Bump

Bulldog Joe
17-05-2023, 08:13 PM
The sense of entitlement from Collingwood surfaces with Mason Cox.

Complaining that they play Carlton on a Sunday as if the entire fixture should be based around Collingwood.

They aren't happy with 80% preferential treatment.

azabob
19-05-2023, 09:43 PM
Gee whiz Horne-Francis is a very good footballer.

macca
19-05-2023, 09:53 PM

that contested mark he took was very strong when it was past his shoulders and he copped a solid bump in the 2nd quarter. His really starting to standup.

kruder
19-05-2023, 10:01 PM
Who would you prefer as a Forward/ Second Ruck. Lobb or Grundy?

jeemak
19-05-2023, 10:07 PM
Who would you prefer as a Forward/ Second Ruck. Lobb or Grundy?

How much does price come into the equation? What would their relative price for each club be? Probably closer than we might think.

On pure football I think I'd take Grundy, in fact I wanted him.

jeemak
19-05-2023, 10:38 PM
Someone needs to tell Port that we're the only team that gets run ons against them.

EasternWest
19-05-2023, 11:20 PM

Legit good. He's like the ghost of Jack Watts reborn without fear.

Bulldog Joe
19-05-2023, 11:34 PM
Port are looking formidable.
Very good young mids in Butters, Rozee and Horne-Francis

angelopetraglia
19-05-2023, 11:50 PM
Port nailed the 2018 AFL Draft.

#5 Rozee

#12 Butters

jeemak
19-05-2023, 11:56 PM

#5 Rozee

#12 Butters

Yeah they're pretty good young players.

Dry Rot
20-05-2023, 12:14 AM
Wow, what a good wet weather game to watch, even though both sides were undermanned with Port without Dixon and Melbourne without Schache.

Dry Rot
20-05-2023, 12:15 AM
And people that boo Horne-Francis can get ****ed, he's a terrific young player.

Happy Days
20-05-2023, 12:30 AM
How much does price come into the equation? What would their relative price for each club be? Probably closer than we might think.

On pure football I think I'd take Grundy, in fact I wanted him.

I wanted Grundy on the basis that I’d given up on Tim as the first ruck and wanted him to be the Lobb.

I’m still not convinced it’s not a better mix but I am convinced that Tim is a first ruck. Who knows. I’m happy enough with the choice we made.

Happy Days
20-05-2023, 12:31 AM
Impressive win from Port. Do they ever play an away game this year or nah?

jeemak
20-05-2023, 03:12 AM
I wanted Grundy on the basis that I?d given up on Tim as the first ruck and wanted him to be the Lobb.

I?m still not convinced it?s not a better mix but I am convinced that Tim is a first ruck. Who knows. I?m happy enough with the choice we made.

I just look at it from the point of view that we'd have excellent ruck cover and tipping Tim's balance a bit towards a little more forward time would net us more goals, even if he was technically our first ruck.

I'm also still worried we'll lose Tim to the WA sides at some point.

Having said all of that, I think by the end of the year we'll be happy we've secured Lobb. I've never understood the negativity around making our list stronger for the right price, and he does that. We get caught up in thinking about whether we need this or that type of player, when the answer is we should just get the best players we can get to make us better across the board.

jeemak
20-05-2023, 03:13 AM
Impressive win from Port. Do they ever play an away game this year or nah?

That would tear them apart.

lemmon
20-05-2023, 08:51 AM
Only saw bits and pieces last night but whenever I looked up it seemed like Butters was doing something exceptional.

GVGjr
20-05-2023, 08:52 AM
And people that boo Horne-Francis can get ****ed, he's a terrific young player.

He certainly is. No wonder he went #1

The Doctor
20-05-2023, 09:25 AM
Butters was amazing. A game for the ages.

Anyone got a spare kitchen sink to throw at him? OOC in 2024.

GVGjr
20-05-2023, 09:34 AM

His skills really stood out. Fantastic player.

angelopetraglia
20-05-2023, 10:08 AM

He is from Bacchus Marsh and the Western Jets, so from our stomping ground.

GVGjr
20-05-2023, 10:16 AM

And I think he's a dogs supporter as well.

angelopetraglia
20-05-2023, 10:35 AM
And I think he's a dogs supporter as well.

Can confirm "Having grown up in Melbourne's inner west — and barracking for the blue-collar Western Bulldogs by following his father Wayne" Link:https://thewest.com.au/sport/port-adelaide-power/zak-butters-did-not-flinch-when-his-first-big-test-came-with-port-adelaide-ng-d1e7c0ec7e53e59d9db77656bece509a

EasternWest
20-05-2023, 10:38 AM

So I guess what you're saying is a coa$tal life$tyle awaits.

azabob
20-05-2023, 11:32 AM

#5 Rozee

#12 Butters

Duursma was also selected in the same draft at #19 who has been in and out of the team but I think he will end up a very good footballer.

That year they traded out Wingard, Polac and Pittard which gave them those top end picks.

Both Adelaide clubs have very good list management teams.

From what i've seen they have also invested very heavily in the draft in the past 2 years so they have a bunch of youngsters coming through.

If your interested have a listen to this interview a few weeks back https://omny.fm/shows/gettable/port-adelaide-gm-of-footy-chris-davies

azabob
20-05-2023, 11:38 AM
I just look at it from the point of view that we'd have excellent ruck cover and tipping Tim's balance a bit towards a little more forward time would net us more goals, even if he was technically our first ruck.

I'm also still worried we'll lose Tim to the WA sides at some point.

Having said all of that, I think by the end of the year we'll be happy we've secured Lobb. I've never understood the negativity around making our list stronger for the right price, and he does that. We get caught up in thinking about whether we need this or that type of player, when the answer is we should just get the best players we can get to make us better across the board.

You and I both know Tim was never going to play more gametime forward. Lobb is a better forward than Grundy.

It will be interesting to see what English does.

Fremantle seem stocked for rucks with Darcy and Jackson. For him to go to Fremantle one would assume Darcy would have to come back to Victoria.

West Coast seems an obvious fit; but does Tim want to go and play for a club that is rebuilding and still seem a good 3 years off challenging.

hujsh
20-05-2023, 05:24 PM
Obviously not watching it but thought today I'm glad we're not playing North today for the pseudo 'new coach bounce'

chef
20-05-2023, 05:32 PM
Obviously not watching it but thought today I'm glad we're not playing North today for the pseudo 'new coach bounce'

Amateur hour at the end though, going over the interchange limit to give Sydneythe winning goal. Lolnorf.

azabob
20-05-2023, 05:54 PM
Amateur hour at the end though, going over the interchange limit to give Sydneythe winning goal. Lolnorf.

#HarleyReid

ledge
20-05-2023, 08:05 PM
Go Freo, cats looking like a mediocre team against a mediocre team.
I’m not sure what to make of Geelong this year.

azabob
20-05-2023, 08:10 PM
Jye Amiss is an exciting player. Fremantle just need to play him, which I’m sure they will.

Happy Days
20-05-2023, 09:12 PM
Jye Amiss is an exciting player. Fremantle just need to play him, which I’m sure they will.

He is but he looks like he hasn’t slept in 5 years. Someone get my man some bone marrow.

SonofScray
20-05-2023, 10:01 PM
Get that fraud Sheedy off my TV please. What an absolute joke that this sozzled, pain in the backside still has some sort of profile in the game.

EasternWest
20-05-2023, 10:26 PM
He is but he looks like he hasn?t slept in 5 years. Someone get my man some bone marrow.

Pretty sure if you googled "meth head" Amiss' picture would be their first result*

* I'm not suggesting he's a meth head but I am saying he looks like one.

kruder
20-05-2023, 11:18 PM
Time for Richmond to refresh....

jeemak
20-05-2023, 11:47 PM
Pretty sure if you googled "meth head" Amiss' picture would be their first result*

* I'm not suggesting he's a meth head but I am saying he looks like one.

He's giving a real early stages of addiction vibe to it.

jeemak
20-05-2023, 11:48 PM
Time for Richmond to refresh....

Dunno, I'm pretty sure all the Richmond acolytes in the media have been telling me they're back in business for the last week.........

ledge
21-05-2023, 09:49 AM
Dunno, I'm pretty sure all the Richmond acolytes in the media have been telling me they're back in business for the last week.........

And the same said journos will now tell you they should have started a rebuild at the end of last year .

azabob
21-05-2023, 10:03 AM
Snap poll; did Stringer go for goal or centre the footy?

I really want to say went for goal but I reckon he tried to centre it.

chef
21-05-2023, 10:21 AM

He centred it.

EasternWest
21-05-2023, 10:51 AM

Centre

jeemak
21-05-2023, 11:54 AM
He centered it, credit to him for working his way into the game as well.

The Underdog
21-05-2023, 03:13 PM
God, West Coast are an absolute embarrassment.

GVGjr
21-05-2023, 03:43 PM
God, West Coast are an absolute embarrassment.

It's a VFL standard from them.

azabob
21-05-2023, 04:39 PM
Gee Collingwood are a well oiled machine. Have they peaked too early ala Melbourne last year?

The Underdog
21-05-2023, 04:50 PM
It's a VFL standard from them.

Are we in sack the coach territory? 115 points down and have kicked 2 points in the second half against the team who were bottom before this round

Mofra
21-05-2023, 04:52 PM
Are we in sack the coach territory? 115 points down and have kicked 2 points in the second half.
Hawthorn were one spot above West Coast before this round started...

West Coast have been killed with injury as well.

Grantysghost
21-05-2023, 05:06 PM
Are we in sack the coach territory? 115 points down and have kicked 2 points in the second half against the team who were bottom before this round

Yep he's gone. Has to be.

Then when Clarkson gives it up for good, he can go to Norf.

bornadog
21-05-2023, 05:12 PM
Hawthorn were one spot above West Coast before this round started...

West Coast have been killed with injury as well.

18 on injury list

GVGjr
21-05-2023, 06:16 PM

Under the soft cap restrictions it's harder for the really strong clubs like West Coast to sack coaches with 2 years remaining on a deal.
They can cover the money from a financial sense without a hiccup but I sense they would prefer if he tells them he wants to go.

I was listening to ABC before and they mentioned that West Coast have the lowest churn of members of any club and club sponsors stick with them so they don't feel the same pain as most other clubs. They should move him on but they don't actually need to.

westdog54
21-05-2023, 06:51 PM
18 on injury list

And there's about 1800 matches of experience among them.

Adam Simpson is the LEAST of the Eagles' concerns at the moment.

jeemak
21-05-2023, 06:59 PM
I love Carlton. I mean I wish they could have gaslit their supporters for a bit longer this year (like they did last year, which was genuine mustache twirling goodness) but it is what it is.

Grantysghost
21-05-2023, 07:00 PM

God he'd be lucky to survive a 20 goal loss to the worst team.

Even with players out.

Coach to shut it down.

Reading the wa press he's in the gun.

angelopetraglia
21-05-2023, 07:13 PM
Hawks. Average age 24yr 1 mth. Games average 66. Less than 50 games 13.

Eagles. Average 24yr 0 mth. Eagles games 62. Less than 50 games 12.

There is something very, very wrong at the Eagles.

Grantysghost
21-05-2023, 07:13 PM

Yeah it's a shit show.

bulldogtragic
21-05-2023, 07:19 PM

Great. Hard to convince English back at this rate. Freo don’t need Tim with Darcy & Jackson on good coin. Timing is good for the WA clubs to be weak for poaching Tim.

azabob
21-05-2023, 07:22 PM
Great. Hard to convince English back at this rate. Freo don’t need Tim with Darcy & Jackson on good coin. Timing is good for the WA clubs to be weak for poaching Tim.

As I said earlier in this thread Fremantle could trade Darcy out especially being a Geelong boy.

bulldogtragic
21-05-2023, 07:29 PM
As I said earlier in this thread Fremantle could trade Darcy out especially being a Geelong boy.

Then Darcy is the minimum asking price. Although both are restricted free agents together from memory. But a trade could be interesting to exploit the compo rules. If both left as RFAs they’d cancel each others compo - each club gets no picks. But say Darcy leaving gets them first round compo as a FA. Then they trade a later first rounder to get English. Then both clubs get their player, but Freo move up the first round and Dogs get something high too. Courtesy of AFEL compo rules.

But I’d take English signing and not running through scenarios.

azabob
21-05-2023, 07:32 PM
Then Darcy is the minimum asking price. Although both are restricted free agents together from memory. But a trade could be interesting to exploit the compo rules. If both left as RFAs they’d cancel each others compo - each club gets no picks. But say Darcy leaving gets them first round compo as a FA. Then they trade a later first rounder to get English. Then both clubs get their player, but Freo move up the first round and Dogs get something high too. Courtesy of AFEL compo rules.

But I’d take English signing and not running through scenarios.

Sammy Power would have to lead freo to that scenario! But yes, English staying is the preferred outcome.

The Underdog
21-05-2023, 07:54 PM
Don’t tell anyone I said this but, c’mon Giants!!!

EasternWest
21-05-2023, 08:00 PM
Don’t tell anyone I said this but, c’mon Giants!!!

We don't narc on this forum.

macca
21-05-2023, 08:27 PM
The beauty of pies winning heaps more pressure on Carlton to win a game
Swans in round 11. If they cant beat a depleted swans they should just start tanking . Finishing 9-12 is limbo if you have given up first round picks

Silvagni seems unhappy. He probably is headed to stKilda at this stage if saints can string more wins

kruder
21-05-2023, 08:52 PM
Lot of people were keen on Weddle before the draft sounds like he had a fair game today. I must say Humphrey was the player I was most keen on for us(not that we were ever gonna get him) but he has looked the goods early. I'm going to watch he and Tsatas careers as there was a lot of debate around who you would choose out of those two.

EasternWest
21-05-2023, 08:53 PM
Silvagni seems unhappy. He probably head to stKilda at this stage if saints can string more wins

Can't understand why they play him as back up ruckman when they've got a ready made one playing in the backline.

westdog54
21-05-2023, 09:02 PM

He 100% centred it. I don't think you could watch the 2016 prelim and grand final and suggest otherwise.

jeemak
21-05-2023, 09:17 PM
We don't narc on this forum.

Mostly.

GVGjr
21-05-2023, 10:18 PM
Who is under more pressure Simpson or Voss?

bulldogsthru&thru
21-05-2023, 10:25 PM

I'm going to say Voss because Simpson gets a bit of leeway with the list issues.

The expectations at Carlton are sky high whether warranted or not.

Stevo
21-05-2023, 10:31 PM
A dead heat but no changes unless Simpson puts his hand up.

macca
21-05-2023, 10:35 PM
A dead heat but no changes unless Simpson puts his hand up.

WC sold the farm to top up the list for another tilt from 2018. They should have started shedding some of their veterans 2 years ago. Tim Kelly is silky mid who needs a core body of strong mids around him to work at his potential.

A few lean years for WC as they build up their list again.

Voss is under more pressure as Carlton need to make the 8 to have a pass mark.

jeemak
21-05-2023, 10:39 PM
I reckon the more pertinent question is who is best equipped to deal with/ navigate the current pressure?

Voss is three or four bad losses from smearing shit on the walls.

Adam Kingsley, albeit not the topic of this conversation looks as if he's about to coward punch someone every time you see him.

macca
21-05-2023, 11:17 PM
I reckon the more pertinent question is who is best equipped to deal with/ navigate the current pressure?

Voss is three or four bad losses from smearing shit on the walls.

Adam Kingsley, albeit not the topic of this conversation looks as if he's about to coward punch someone every time you see him.

How many stress balls has Kingsley worn out this week ? Poor guy, the foot pressure is intense.

jeemak
22-05-2023, 12:25 AM
How many stress balls has Kingsley worn out this week ? Poor guy, the foot pressure is intense.

I honestly don't know how he fronts up to work on a Monday and asks everyone to jump on board and enjoy the ride with him like a new coach should.......

bornadog
22-05-2023, 01:55 AM

Voss failed first time as a coach and I don't believe he has improved. There is turmoil internally with the largest Carlton backer not happy and refusing to support the team.

Bulldog Joe
22-05-2023, 07:12 AM
Sammy Power would have to lead freo to that scenario! But yes, English staying is the preferred outcome.

The perfect outcome is English winning a flag with Bont and resigning to continue winning flags with Bont.

mjp
22-05-2023, 12:14 PM

This is the prevailing sentiment...but it is so weird.

They've won something like 8 out of their last 40 games and have lost > 12 of them by more than 10 goals. The bottom side just beat them by 20 goals. Yet somehow none of it is Simpson's fault.

Seriously good luck to him. But we had people on here calling for Bevo to be sacked after round 2 this year...less than 18-months after a grand final appearance and having played finals last year. Simpson is graded on a curve like no other coach in history.

Sedat
22-05-2023, 12:40 PM

They've won something like 8 out of their last 40 games and have lost > 12 of them by more than 10 goals. The bottom side just beat them by 20 goals. Yet somehow none of it is Simpson's fault.

Seriously good luck to him. But we had people on here calling for Bevo to be sacked after round 2 this year...less than 18-months after a grand final appearance and having played finals last year. Simpson is graded on a curve like no other coach in history.
I take my hat off to his manager to be able to secure him a multi-year contract worth $1 million per annum to the end of 2025.

Happy Days
22-05-2023, 12:56 PM

I’ve never seen a club excuse themselves of poor performance like this current West Coast team.

Grantysghost
22-05-2023, 01:55 PM
I’ve never seen a club excuse themselves of poor performance like this current West Coast team.

Losing to the bottom side by 20 goals - yep no worries.

At least play with a gameplan that suits the team you're fielding.

Flamethrower
22-05-2023, 05:59 PM
West Coast have to play Collingwood in 2 weeks - can't imagine how huge a margin that could blow out to.

The highest ever score of 239, and greatest winning margin of 190 points could be beaten.