Bit in the Port v Richmond game now with the Hardwick news

Tiges to win.

Mofra
24-05-2023, 12:45 PM
Swans v Carlton will be interesting. Both teams underperforming

Bulldog Joe
24-05-2023, 01:21 PM
Swans v Carlton will be interesting. Both teams underperforming

Swans really light on for talls the last few weeks.

Sort of set up for Carlton to get a big win and pretend everything is back on track.

Mofra
24-05-2023, 05:05 PM
Swans really light on for talls the last few weeks.

Sort of set up for Carlton to get a big win and pretend everything is back on track.
Weirdly, Lewis Mellican can't get a look in. Was quite the handy footballer just a couple of years ago.
Swans all but assured they'll take Oscar McDonald in the mid season draft.

EasternWest
24-05-2023, 06:25 PM
Swans all but assured they'll take Oscar McDonald in the mid season draft.

Does he eat red meat?

bornadog
24-05-2023, 06:37 PM
Does he eat red meat?

Isn't he and his brother your mates :D

EasternWest
24-05-2023, 07:07 PM
Isn't he and his brother your mates :D

Oh yeah. We get together for steak night and do our best Jordan Peterson/Kermit the Frog impersonations.

Happy Days
25-05-2023, 04:28 PM
Does he eat red meat?

Does he ever!

azabob
25-05-2023, 07:27 PM
Lewis Young dropped.

hujsh
25-05-2023, 07:33 PM
Lewis Young dropped.

Can't believe Carlton could fail him like that

JanLorMill
26-05-2023, 10:37 PM
Mackay and Ed curnow are smash your tv material for carlton fans

JanLorMill
26-05-2023, 10:39 PM
Mackay and Ed curnow are smash your tv material for carlton fans
And it couldn’t happen to a better club

azabob
26-05-2023, 11:05 PM
Taylor and Brayshaw now turning on McKay and Curnow after spending three and half quarters trying to get Carlton up.

JanLorMill
26-05-2023, 11:05 PM
Two very poor sides tonight

merantau
26-05-2023, 11:14 PM
Crisis at Princes Park. So sad to see.

EasternWest
26-05-2023, 11:16 PM

Questions being asked of PWC too. Sayers world is crumbling. Really feel for him.

macca
26-05-2023, 11:23 PM
Questions being asked of PWC too. Sayers world is crumbling. Really feel for him.

its probably Karma

PWC allegedly tried to profit from privileged information its worse than insider trading.

we complain about how much the big corps do not pay enough tax, well lets see how the mechanisms work when the info from court case comes through, who has PwC been wheeling and dealing with ( allegedly) ?

I sense another Carlton board reshuffle/spill whatever they call the drama now at lalala land.

Can we recruit Silvagni please, before his dad persuades him to play for the saints? He would be a major upgrade to Hannan , or even Sweet.

De Koning would be seriously exploring his options with Sydney who are a better team, structure, playing list and coaching wise . and the most important Management and administration wise .

EasternWest
26-05-2023, 11:48 PM
its probably Karma

PWC allegedly tried to profit from privileged information its worse than insider trading.

we complain about how much the big corps do not pay enough tax, well lets see how the mechanisms work when the info from court case comes through, who has PwC been wheeling and dealing with ( allegedly) ?

Yeah sorry mate I was being facetious:).

The Bulldogs Bite
26-05-2023, 11:49 PM
Carlton fans are imploding. Kind of get it.

I thought they could push for Top 4. Appeared to have a very strong midfield and forward group, with a good KPD and 2 good attacking flankers.

Calls for Voss to go. I don't watch them close enough, but at what point do they start to shift some player pieces instead of hanging onto the revolving door of coaches?

Dry Rot
27-05-2023, 12:03 AM
"The whole is greater than the sum of the parts." - Aristotle

"The whole is shit, ditto the parts." - Carlton fan

bornadog
27-05-2023, 12:58 AM
Goodbye Voss you were never up to the main man

merantau
27-05-2023, 08:23 AM
John Elliott and Bruce Matheson - the gifts that keep on giving.

merantau
27-05-2023, 08:29 AM
Sayers and PwC - read all about it.

https://independentaustralia.net/politics/politics-display/ex-pwc-ceos-firm-given-62-million-in-government-contracts,17549

Mofra
27-05-2023, 09:56 AM
I do feel sorry for Cripps - he's likely to finish his career without ever playing finals. The Curnow brothers are good people.
Nonetheless, I really enjoyed last night's game and the inevitable reaction from Carlton fans.

Some of them are slowly waking up to the fact that this isn't the pre-decimal era VFL where you can cheat the zones and buy players & flags. The PwC scandal is massive news at my work too and the schadenfreude is massive.

Mofra
27-05-2023, 09:59 AM
Voss is however a study on how to make a list of players underperform.

e.g. Docherty is a gun backman or an average midfielder - so he plays him as a mid. Please take note anyone who wants Richards to go into the middle.
Kennedy is a decent mid, so they play him as a slow backman.

They have 15 names considered to be 'good' players and right now the one player I'd take from their list isn't ever included among their 'guns' - Matt Cottrell. The guy covers so much ground and applies defensive pressure every contest like his life depends on it.
I'm glad they keep virtually fellating their so called stars abnd ignoring the type of players that actually allow a gameplan to function.

If Arty Jones, Cody & Scotty weren't playing so well I'd be all over Owies too.

macca
27-05-2023, 10:39 AM
Nice call on Cotrell @mofra

We should be asking him if he wants to play finals , or be like cripps?

I look for 2 thngs when recruit:
- attitude: i hate to be beaten
- aptitude: i am going to run, defend my guts off to win
Cotrell sounds like he has all that

I feel sorry for cripps, his a good player but he cant kick goals. LAST Night he was on the 50m arc free run to goal and missed . Boak, nailed on in the pocket at 45m against us. these are the types of goals inpsire your team to come back

We should seriosuly be asking this question : ' do you want to play finals?' To Cotrell, Silvagni and anyone who is decent on their list.

angelopetraglia
27-05-2023, 10:45 AM
Sayers should end up in Jail.

What PwC did was one of the most disgraceful things I have ever heard of happening in the corporate world. PwC and their like do everything to virtue signal and push their values on us, yet they are just old fashioned crooks driven by money, happy to sell out Australia to the US corporate giants to line their own pockets. Sayers would have had to have known seeing the extent of the email chains made public so far. Our own Government was so embarrassed by what happened they tried to sweep it under the cover. If not for two AFR journalists we would have never known. Now that it is public, they are going to feel the full extent of the law. Insider trading, giving up privileged information basically treason.

angelopetraglia
27-05-2023, 10:50 AM
The Blues gave eight years and nearly $1m per year to a player who can't kick and who was dropping chest marks last night. Even Curnow who is normally a reliable kick was bereft of confidence last night. As we know all too well, it spreads like a disease.

They are shot. They have wins against North and Eagles (basically the bye). They beat GWS off the back of that lucky dissent free kick. They beat Geelong before they started going OK. They are so far from the footy they played last year to go 8-2. It is a distant memory. Voss looks like he has no answers.

They are completely shot. It is tragic, isn't it.

JanLorMill
27-05-2023, 11:23 AM
Can we recruit Silvagni please, before his dad persuades him to play for the saints? He would be a major upgrade to Hannan , or even Sweet.
A 2% upgrade, Jack isn?t very good.
I?d rather Jo Silvagni than Jack.

mjp
27-05-2023, 11:23 AM

I think Voss is a good coach who is simply too detail oriented. He needs to set aside some of the strategy piece and re-focus on the fundamentals of footy and teams. I've said this before but my experience with him was just all about making things as complex as possible - which leads to players being 'nervous' that they are standing in the wrong place...a head coach cant be that way - they need to 'know' the detail but it cant be the focus.

e.g. Docherty is a gun backman or an average midfielder - so he plays him as a mid. Please take note anyone who wants Richards to go into the middle.

To be fair, Carlton have a rubbish midfield (I have been consistent in saying this) and are unbalanced...Who else do they even have?

Cripps is a ball-winner who can be exposed defensively. Walsh is a runner. Cerra is whatever Cerra is but good isn't the answer - he's a bit player who needs to be on the half-back line with STINTS inside the game...who else?

I love your comments about Cottrell. Heart and Soul.

JanLorMill
27-05-2023, 11:29 AM
John Elliott and Bruce Matheson - the gifts that keep on giving.
Add The Pratt family, Menzies Fraser etc

Mofra
27-05-2023, 12:55 PM
Nice call on Cotrell @mofra

We should be asking him if he wants to play finals , or be like cripps?

I look for 2 thngs when recruit:
- attitude: i hate to be beaten
- aptitude: i am going to run, defend my guts off to win
Cotrell sounds like he has all that

I feel sorry for cripps, his a good player but he cant kick goals. LAST Night he was on the 50m arc free run to goal and missed . Boak, nailed on in the pocket at 45m against us. these are the types of goals inpsire your team to come back

We should seriosuly be asking this question : ' do you want to play finals?' To Cotrell, Silvagni and anyone who is decent on their list.
Cripps just plays like he knows he won't see team success. The guy has given everything to Carlton but a lesser player would have been broken by now. Parallels to Skilton made in the media this week are fair.

Cottrell is limited but you can wear skill errors if it's associated with that level of desperation and ticker.

Never in our 2015, 2016 years did you ever hear anyone say "gee I hope Clay Smith is the one kicking for us" but his effort was unconditional. He somehow went at 8 goals 1 in the finals series IIRC.

GVGjr
27-05-2023, 01:02 PM

Kennedy is a decent mid, so they play him as a slow backman.

They have 15 names considered to be 'good' players and right now the one player I'd take from their list isn't ever included among their 'guns' - Matt Cottrell. The guy covers so much ground and applies defensive pressure every contest like his life depends on it.
I'm glad they keep virtually fellating their so called stars abnd ignoring the type of players that actually allow a gameplan to function.

If Arty Jones, Cody & Scotty weren't playing so well I'd be all over Owies too.

Fully agree regarding Cottrell. I don't watch the blues much but he typically plays pretty well.
The Blues are struggling to hit their straps and have to be bitterly disappointed with the results so far. They have 2 Coleman medalists and should be kicking match winning scores most weeks. They have at least 5 players earning big money who aren't earning their keep and until they address that they could continue to struggle.

Mofra
27-05-2023, 01:02 PM
To be fair, Carlton have a rubbish midfield (I have been consistent in saying this) and are unbalanced...Who else do they even have?

Cripps is a ball-winner who can be exposed defensively. Walsh is a runner. Cerra is whatever Cerra is but good isn't the answer - he's a bit player who needs to be on the half-back line with STINTS inside the game...who else?

I love your comments about Cottrell. Heart and Soul.
I agree their mids aren't that good. Baz gave a masterclass in how to play Cripps last week.
Kennedy needs to play mid/forward. Setterfield is playing well for Essendon after being tasked the same way as Kennedy last year.
Dow is killing it in the VFL, and as much as I have doubts about his AFL chops you simply have to reward performance for selection integrity's sake. That's two.

Another Carlton midfield point from interesting mention from a Carlton supporter last night, pretty much every other team has a small forward or two that can take rotations higher up the ground to get them involved in the game when things aren't working. Except Carlton (if you consider Hewitt a FT mid now). Owies, Honey, Motlop, have all played this year and they just can't.

Weightman took rotations during the pre-season and last week. We know Scott can play wing. Arty was a wing as a junior and at VFL level last year. Most other teams build that flexibility too (watch Adelaide's mid rotations next year, they're rising).

GVGjr
27-05-2023, 02:31 PM
Carlton are paying a price for some weird drafting and list positioning in the last few years.
After a sensational draft in 2015 that netted them Weitering, McKay and Curnow along with Jack Silvagni under FS they've tended to somehow botch drafting and trading since.
While they may not have paid overs for some of their trades and acquisitions their GWS obsession hasn't paid a lot dividends, Jack Martin coming across has been a massive disappointment.
Top 10 picks in Dow and O'Brien in 2017 hasn't given them much of a return and even Tom De Konning taken at pick 30 that year hasn't settled into a role.

Perhaps the revolving door on coaches and a poor development and fitness program has played a major role in their non competitive position but their supporters and the wider footy community expected a lot more from them this year.

merantau
27-05-2023, 02:48 PM
Add The Pratt family, Menzies Fraser etc

This piece of merde did not spend one day in jail

https://www.smartcompany.com.au/opinion/john-elliott-adam-schwab-politics/

Mofra
27-05-2023, 02:52 PM
Top 10 picks in Dow and O'Brien in 2017 hasn't given them much of a return and even Tom De Konning taken at pick 30 that year hasn't settled into a role.
Thankfully the traffic congestion on the Monash in 2017 meant Ed Richards was late to his meeting with them and they passed on him.

Bulldog4life
27-05-2023, 03:45 PM
Hawks should be 6 goals in front. Shocking kicking for goal.

Dry Rot
27-05-2023, 03:53 PM
I know that we are all enjoying the problems at Carlton, but how good was Blakey?

And how do we counter him when we play the Swans?

angelopetraglia
27-05-2023, 04:04 PM
I know that we are all enjoying the problems at Carlton, but how good was Blakey?

And how do we counter him when we play the Swans?

He was absolutely sensational. One of the rare things worth watching in last night's game. He is good in the air and he can run. You just have to love how he takes the game on.

For a man who is 195cm (two cm taller than Chris Grant), he is lightening quick and has a tank too.

EasternWest
27-05-2023, 04:17 PM
He was absolutely sensational. One of the rare things worth watching in last night's game. He is good in the air and he can run. You just have to love how he takes the game on.

For a man who is 195cm (two cm taller than Chris Grant), he is lightening quick and has a tank too.

Much less wind resistance

azabob
27-05-2023, 04:35 PM
Hawthorn are a good team to watch. When it clicks it definitely clicks.

chef
27-05-2023, 04:48 PM

Love watching the lizard play.

azabob
27-05-2023, 04:53 PM
No wonder the hawks sweated on Will Days signature. Looks to be a genuine gun.

whythelongface
27-05-2023, 05:12 PM
C’mon Hawthorn

DOG GOD
27-05-2023, 05:16 PM
Omg hawks

whythelongface
27-05-2023, 05:17 PM
Breust. You beauty

azabob
What a great win by the hawks

azabob
Hawthorn are a good team to watch. When it clicks it definitely clicks.

It certainly clicked in the last quarter

bulldogsthru&thru
27-05-2023, 05:19 PM
Wow that's a boilover. New coach effect already worn off at the saints? Thumped by Adelaide, just got over the line against the giants and now this.

DOG GOD
27-05-2023, 05:19 PM
Now we need Freo

bulldogsthru&thru
27-05-2023, 05:25 PM
Anyone see King flop twice in the same piece? He's probably just created a name for himself for the wrong reasons.

whythelongface
27-05-2023, 05:26 PM
Now we need Freo

Looking good with 12 mins left

bulldogsthru&thru
27-05-2023, 05:34 PM
Some game from Sicily.

DOG GOD
27-05-2023, 05:40 PM
Freo throwing this away

The Adelaide Connection
27-05-2023, 05:40 PM
They add an extra umpire and they still can’t see Melbourne’s consistent throw-releases when tackled?

Everyone does it, but none more than them and they *never* get pinged.

DOG GOD
27-05-2023, 05:46 PM
Great win Freo

whythelongface
27-05-2023, 05:46 PM
Wow. Great results. Hope we take advantage

ReLoad
27-05-2023, 05:48 PM
Some first class rooting woofers!

The Adelaide Connection
27-05-2023, 05:48 PM
Round of upsets brewing. Need to buck that trend and get it done and we take up residence in the top 4.

azabob
27-05-2023, 05:50 PM
Huge win for freo, losing Darcy in the second quarter.

Mofra
27-05-2023, 05:56 PM
Freo & Hawthorn really doing the right thing by us.
If we break the run of upsets, we're top 4 by Sunday

Mofra
27-05-2023, 05:57 PM
Breust. You beauty
~500 goals playing small forward & half forward. It's an amazing feat, so many players just get lost there. Incredible player

angelopetraglia
27-05-2023, 06:10 PM
Some game from Sicily.

Amazing footballer. Dud bloke.

bornadog
27-05-2023, 06:18 PM
Freo & Hawthorn really doing the right thing by us.
If we break the run of upsets, we're top 4 by Sunday

Be nice if Richmond won as well.

whythelongface
27-05-2023, 06:30 PM
~500 goals playing small forward & half forward. It's an amazing feat, so many players just get lost there. Incredible player

Totally. One of the best. Unbelievable career.

whythelongface
27-05-2023, 06:31 PM
Geee Giants taking it up to Geelong. 3 goals up midway through the 2nd

bulldogsthru&thru
27-05-2023, 06:31 PM
Giants up on the cats. We'd better be on tonight. Round of upsets.

jeemak
27-05-2023, 06:55 PM
Carlton are paying a price for some weird drafting and list positioning in the last few years.
After a sensational draft in 2015 that netted them Weitering, McKay and Curnow along with Jack Silvagni under FS they've tended to somehow botch drafting and trading since.
While they may not have paid overs for some of their trades and acquisitions their GWS obsession hasn't paid a lot dividends, Jack Martin coming across has been a massive disappointment.

Perhaps the revolving door on coaches and a poor development and fitness program has played a major role in their non competitive position but their supporters and the wider footy community expected a lot more from them this year.

The big question I have, is why?

They were unusually fit at the start of last year and came flying out of the blocks like a lot of teams that secure new coaches do (see the Saints this year).

All of the issues detailing why they are suspect were there at the end of last year and the start of this year, and having come off not making finals in an even competition expectations of them getting into the top six, the top four, or equaling the great 1995 team were ambitious at best and ridiculous at worst.

jeemak
27-05-2023, 06:58 PM
There's no way we win tonight after all of those favourable results, surely?

It won't matter if we do, because we'll have only gotten into the top four because of other teams and not because we'd have won more games than them.......a bit like last years finals.

The Doctor
27-05-2023, 07:13 PM
There's no way we win tonight after all of those favourable results, surely?

It won't matter if we do, because we'll have only gotten into the top four because of other teams and not because we'd have won more games than them.......a bit like last years finals.

If we don't win tonight we don't deserve to be top 4. Doesn't matter about the other teams.

ratsmac
27-05-2023, 07:17 PM
Wow what a round of upsets! We find ourselves at the right place right time. We just have to do the right thing and win, which scares the shit of me. If Richmond come to play for the new stand in coach we could even find ourselves in 3rd. Who would of thought that we had this opportunity after round 2!

hujsh
27-05-2023, 07:45 PM
Geelong look like they're still playing games in 2020 with the empty stand

angelopetraglia
27-05-2023, 07:56 PM
Big miss by Cameron

hujsh
27-05-2023, 08:06 PM
That might just be it for Geelong. 2 minutes left for 2 goals

DOG GOD
27-05-2023, 08:08 PM
Great win by GWS.

josie
27-05-2023, 08:11 PM
I feel very dirty barracking for (gulp) the plastic oranges. Hope other clubs use strategy of being brave with low, direct kicks and changing angles to beat cats at that horrible ground.

C?mon dogs - take your chance tonight.

whythelongface
27-05-2023, 08:12 PM
Gotta love the Giants. A stretch too far but hey anyone that can beat Geelong surely gets some love.

angelopetraglia
27-05-2023, 08:12 PM
Wow. Every single underdog has won so far this round with a few massive upsets.

Boots
27-05-2023, 08:14 PM
Geez. Don?t want to jinx us but Geelong are looking very vulnerable. I know they get danger back next week but they?re playing like shit and I?d back us to give ?em hell.

i may return to eat these words

jeemak
27-05-2023, 08:16 PM
If Geelong miss the finals the apologists will be out in full force.

Mofra
27-05-2023, 08:20 PM
Geelong are missing (arguably) most of their starting midfield.
Hawkins looked terrible though, and if he and Dangerfield don't play on next year (likely) they come right back to the pack.

The Underdog
27-05-2023, 08:23 PM
Wow. Every single underdog has won so far this round with a few massive upsets.

Just a massive opportunity for us tonight. We'd be 3 games ahead of the Cats going into a clash with them if we win.

The Bulldogs Bite
27-05-2023, 08:24 PM
If we lose to Geelong next week I fear for my sanity.

azabob
27-05-2023, 08:24 PM
Geez. Don?t want to jinx us but Geelong are looking very vulnerable. I know they get danger back next week but they?re playing like shit and I?d back us to give ?em hell.

i may return to eat these words

My only concern is we will becoming back from Darwin. Game temp 29 deg. Why we wouldn’t have the bye next week.

bulldogtragic
27-05-2023, 08:25 PM
My only concern is we will becoming back from Darwin. Game temp 29 deg. Why we wouldn’t have the bye next week.

I smell AFEL conspiracy.

bulldogsthru&thru
27-05-2023, 08:28 PM
More reason to win tonight. Geelong won't lose 4 in a row.

macca
28-05-2023, 04:38 PM
What has an octogon , pentagon and hexagon got comon with Carlton ?

SeasonGON

Grantysghost
28-05-2023, 06:45 PM
Crows all over the Lolions

No one is going to break away.

Happy Days
28-05-2023, 06:57 PM
Such a shame that the games we beat both of these teams in didn’t count apparently.

kruder
28-05-2023, 07:53 PM
Got to love Rachele, hopefully once Cody gets his fitness up and running we can see more of him up the ground.

Grantysghost
28-05-2023, 08:29 PM
Got to love Rachele, hopefully once Cody gets his fitness up and running we can see more of him up the ground.

Love Rachele.

Watching Dunks in these conditions can't help but think the cow wouldn't have used his grass powers to mass-effect with him in the guts.

Stevo
28-05-2023, 10:03 PM
I got 4 tips right on the weekend which might end up being a respectful result.
Love seeing Carlton on the slide.

jazzadogs
28-05-2023, 10:06 PM
Such a shame that the games we beat both of these teams in didn’t count apparently.

Nah we lost to gold coast and despite being 6th with an 7-4 record, only percentage out of the top 4, our season is OVER.

EasternWest
28-05-2023, 10:48 PM
Nah we lost to gold coast and despite being 6th with an 7-4 record, only percentage out of the top 4, our season is OVER.

Woof posters SLAM the dogs failure.

chef
28-05-2023, 11:03 PM
It does get pretty dramatic on here during games.

1eyedog
29-05-2023, 12:20 PM
Some of the names players get called is cringeish.

Sedat
29-05-2023, 12:24 PM
If we lose to Geelong next week I fear for my sanity.
We've beaten them twice since 2009 and one of those times was only because Harry Taylor shat the bed after the siren. My sanity against the pork-barrel pissant tin-shed no-wings shitholes went a long time ago.