Friday, Jun 16

Brisbane Lions vs. Sydney Swans The Gabba 7:50pm Seven/Fox

Saturday, Jun 17

GWS Giants vs. Fremantle Giants Stadium 4:35pm Fox Footy

Richmond vs. St Kilda MCG 7:25pm Seven/Fox

Sunday, Jun 18

Carlton vs. Gold Coast Suns MCG 1:10pm Fox Footy

North Melbourne vs. Western Bulldogs Marvel Stadium 4:40pm Fox Footy

Byes: Adelaide Crows, Collingwood, Essendon, Hawthorn, Melbourne, West Coast Eagles

Eastdog
14-06-2023, 12:53 PM
I will post up the Doggies game day thread much later and closer to the actual game day. I do agree that I was posting them a bit early.

GVGjr
15-06-2023, 03:33 PM
Not sure if I 100% believe the notion that both Rich and Gunston went to Fagan and said don't pick us we aren't playing that well but I do wonder how many team would be strong enough to drop 2 higher profile players?

EasternWest
15-06-2023, 05:35 PM
Not sure if I 100% believe the notion that both Rich and Gunston went to Fagan and said don't pick us we aren't playing that well but I do wonder how many team would be strong enough to drop 2 higher profile players?

I don't believe it all. It's face saving for the players.

Not that Gunston or Rich have anything to prove. Good careers, no shame in trailing off.

jeemak
15-06-2023, 10:05 PM
Great narrative from the Lions. Super believable.

Not a bad game in patches tonight. There was a blatant push out on the goal line that wasn't called, even though the ball was very much still in play. Still livid at last week's bullshit call!

jeemak
15-06-2023, 10:31 PM
Pretty impressive by Port, with a run of six or seven on the trot to take the lead from Geelong, even though we're the only team that gives up runs of goals to opponents.

JanLorMill
15-06-2023, 10:34 PM
Port fans are so feral

jeemak
15-06-2023, 10:36 PM
Port fans are so feral

But fun to watch when the team chokes in September.

jeemak
15-06-2023, 10:57 PM
It's been weird watching Charlie Dixon two weeks in a row without James Brayshaw gushing about how much of a big man he is.

GVGjr
15-06-2023, 11:01 PM
It puts our loss to Port in some perspective to see how well they're performing tonight.

angelopetraglia
15-06-2023, 11:13 PM
It puts our loss to Port in some perspective to see how well they're performing tonight.

Yes. Agree. We had our chances against them last week and it still did really go down to the wire.

But it is the prior two weeks that really hurt us. Both where we had the upper hand and we won most aspects but didn't put the score on the board when it mattered.

JanLorMill
15-06-2023, 11:21 PM
Does it? We lost to both these sides at our home ground. We play in port in Adelaide now, we’d lose by more.

jeemak
15-06-2023, 11:24 PM

I'm still shocked at the level of meltdown, though appreciate cumulative frustrations are likely at play.

Port are playing really well, Geelong with a few back should have presented a tough enough challenge and they have disposed of them relatively easily.

MrMahatma
15-06-2023, 11:51 PM
I'm still shocked at the level of meltdown, though appreciate cumulative frustrations are likely at play.

Port are playing really well, Geelong with a few back should have presented a tough enough challenge and they have disposed of them relatively easily.

Plus it’s June. Let’s peak in 10 weeks.

josie
15-06-2023, 11:56 PM
Plus it’s June. Let’s peak in 10 weeks.

If we make the 8.

bulldogsthru&thru
16-06-2023, 12:18 AM
Well we lost to Geelong too. And the suns before that. I get we're not that bad but i think some people have top 4 expectations given the public position from the club. We're pretty clearly a 7-12 team with an undetermined future. It's right where I thought we'd be. My frustration is that I have no idea what our direction is and we dont seem to be able to adjust and keep up. Feels like we're treading water.

Sedat
16-06-2023, 12:47 AM
Puts our loss against a Geelong side without their entire starting midfield into perspective as well.

Grantysghost
16-06-2023, 01:51 PM
Well we lost to Geelong too. And the suns before that. I get we're not that bad but i think some people have top 4 expectations given the public position from the club. We're pretty clearly a 7-12 team with an undetermined future. It's right where I thought we'd be. My frustration is that I have no idea what our direction is and we dont seem to be able to adjust and keep up. Feels like we're treading water.

So you're saying a first week finals exit at the hands of the Bombers?

bulldogsthru&thru
16-06-2023, 04:26 PM

Oh God I'd rather finish 9th.

I don't think we'll play finals. The current 8 stays except geelong replace us. I also think freo will jump ahead of us. We'll fight out the next 3 positions with Richmond and gold Coast.

1eyedog
16-06-2023, 09:53 PM
Umps keeping the lions close

macca
16-06-2023, 10:45 PM

It could be ironic that they win their first final in x tens thousands of days when they beat us.

macca
16-06-2023, 10:46 PM
Oh God I'd rather finish 9th.

I don't think we'll play finals. The current 8 stays except geelong replace us. I also think freo will jump ahead of us. We'll fight out the next 3 positions with Richmond and gold Coast.

Finish 9th is a curse .. see Carlton now, and Richmond's history before Hardwick.

Not good enough to play finals, and low draft picks to get the high end talent.

BornInDroopSt'54
17-06-2023, 06:56 PM
GWS cleaning up Freo for us.

bornadog
17-06-2023, 07:18 PM
One of the reasons I am running last in the tipping. I never tip GWS and keep tipping Freo

bulldogsthru&thru
17-06-2023, 07:21 PM
Freo had a short spurt of form. They're hard to predict.

Grantysghost
17-06-2023, 07:38 PM

Melbourne are laughing they have their first and second this year for Jackson.

Plus 13 last year.

That's a good deal.

We whinge about Lobb, gee wiz though. Jackson been very ordinary.

BornInDroopSt'54
17-06-2023, 09:28 PM
Go Tiges.

G-Mo77
17-06-2023, 09:36 PM
Go Tiges.

I'm barracking for the Seagulls.

Rocket Science
17-06-2023, 10:19 PM
The Giants and presumably, the Tiges getting up just means more teams breathing down our 8th placed neck.

We really need to bank some percentage versus North if at all possible.

ledge
18-06-2023, 09:32 AM
So I am up on the Gold Coast on holiday . Decided to go to the Brisbane v Sydney game .
One adult $64 to get in . No wonder they get small crowds ! After A few swear words under my breath I left and went back to GC .
They also have no games on the radio .
Luckily I have Foxtel go on my phone .

Flamethrower
18-06-2023, 10:35 AM
So I am up on the Gold Coast on holiday . Decided to go to the Brisbane v Sydney game .
One adult $64 to get in . No wonder they get small crowds ! After A few swear words under my breath I left and went back to GC .

i had the same experience when on the Gold Coast in 2014...went to a Suns v Hawthorn game - cheapest available seats were $60. No wonder the Suns don't draw a decent crowd. (Just checked and those same seats are now $52 plus $5.70 Ticketek fee - still overpriced for an expansion team).

G-Mo77
18-06-2023, 03:18 PM
Carlton with an absolutely incredible quarter. Up 44 now onnthe GC.

MrMahatma
18-06-2023, 03:52 PM

Bought some tickets for Lions v Tigers in a couple of weeks. $33 per person. Reckon that?s fine.

jeemak
18-06-2023, 04:26 PM
Carlton's won Gold Coast Lottery this year. Gold Coast have been rubbish today.

angelopetraglia
19-06-2023, 07:15 PM
Carlton's won Gold Coast Lottery this year. Gold Coast have been rubbish today.

Two games in Darwin. Then the bye. Then they travel to Melbourne. It was freezing yesterday. Also, not a single team has won off the bye yet.

Bulldog Joe
20-06-2023, 02:15 PM
Two games in Darwin. Then the bye. Then they travel to Melbourne. It was freezing yesterday. Also, not a single team has won off the bye yet.

Minor correction as Sydney won off the bye at home against St Kilda (also off the bye). Only game so far with both teams off the bye.

Interested in what Round 15 brings
Collingwood home to Adelaide - both off the bye
Essendon away to Dockers
Hawthorn away to Gold Coast
Melbourne away to Geelong
Eagles away to Sydney

BornInDroopSt'54
22-06-2023, 11:18 PM

I rate us top 4 on potential, 5-9th in expectation.

macca
26-06-2023, 01:49 AM
Just saw the post match conference with Adam Simpsons was seething... typical dumb questions :
1. what have you said to players?
2. are you the right person to lead eagles.

poor guy. his got 2 players in the wafl and the rest is playing kids . These lean years, putting games into younger players, testing the depth of their list , may pay back in 3-4 years time.

Their ruckman Williams was terrible, he got smashed in the clearances by Hickey.

GVGjr
26-06-2023, 09:57 AM
Just saw the post match conference with Adam Simpsons was seething... typical dumb questions :
1. what have you said to players?
2. are you the right person to lead eagles.

poor guy. his got 2 players in the wafl and the rest is playing kids . These lean years, putting games into younger players, testing the depth of their list , may pay back in 3-4 years time.

Their ruckman Williams was terrible, he got smashed in the clearances by Hickey.

I feel for Simpson who has seen a lot of good times at the Eagles and now it looks like there is no way out of the mess.
He should stick it out for the season and then have a think about it.

macca
26-06-2023, 10:28 AM
I feel for Simpson who has seen a lot of good times at the Eagles and now it looks like there is no way out of the mess.
He should stick it out for the season and then have a think about it.

I hope they stick with him. The lean years are what tests a club's resolve to stick with its people, processes and systems in place. They have been smashed with injuries and some of their senior players really have not stepped up this year.