LostDoggy
03-04-2008, 06:43 PM
Callan Ward named as emergency!

hujsh
03-04-2008, 06:46 PM
EMG: Peter Street, Jarrod Harbrow, Callan Ward

LostDoggy
03-04-2008, 06:46 PM
BulldogBelle, under the question "which of our young pups will make their debut first" do emergencies count? I wrote Callan Ward. (I know, I know, if emergencies counted it would be Stack anyway.)

I'm excited for Callan, and for mjp, as much as anything.

I'm looking forward to this kid as much as any player I have for a long, long time.

dogman
03-04-2008, 06:56 PM
I think, the only possible change might be, to bring in Street. He had a real good game on the weekend. He can play in the ruck with Hudson and even try to fill the hole in defence if any of their forwards start to dominate. This will also allow Minson to play forward most of the game. I don't think they have anyone in their defence big enough to go with him. That will give Lyon to think about, which might make him play Kosi back.

mjp
03-04-2008, 07:04 PM
I'm excited for Callan, and for mjp, as much as anything.

I am excited for mjp too. :D:D:D:D

LostDoggy
03-04-2008, 10:43 PM
Its awesome news for cal ward, ill be taking more of an interest in him, since he and my cousin go to school together.

I have heard and read a few people saying doogs shoulda got a game this week, i thought he may have as well, but rocket said tonight at selectors that he has a back injury(think he said a buldging(sp?) disc).

LostDoggy
03-04-2008, 10:51 PM
That makes a bit of sense doesn't it? It was weird that he seemed to be frozen out in the cold for no real reason after playing the entire pre-season.

The Coon Dog
03-04-2008, 11:27 PM
rocket said tonight at selectors that he has a back injury(think he said a buldging(sp?) disc).

Gets out & about doesn't he Rocket? Proper little social butterfly.

M27 (or anyone else who attended) is it possible to give a brief report on the Bulldogs Footy Show in the thread on it please?

BulldogBelle
03-04-2008, 11:31 PM
BulldogBelle, under the question "which of our young pups will make their debut first" do emergencies count? I wrote Callan Ward. (I know, I know, if emergencies counted it would be Stack anyway.

Lantern, it has to be whichever pup makes the 22 and plays in the game - emergencies don't count. :)

LostDoggy
03-04-2008, 11:36 PM
:p

heehee...

hujsh
04-04-2008, 01:00 AM
Lantern, it has to be whichever pup makes the 22 and plays in the game - emergencies don't count. :)

So Tim Callan doesn't count?

LostDoggy
04-04-2008, 10:53 AM
That makes a bit of sense doesn't it? It was weird that he seemed to be frozen out in the cold for no real reason after playing the entire pre-season.

He also mentioned that he did play all the preseason games as u jsut said, and his last few wernt up to scratch, so yeah they put him back, and now he has the back injury.

G-Mo77
04-04-2008, 11:10 AM
I think, the only possible change might be, to bring in Street. He had a real good game on the weekend. He can play in the ruck with Hudson and even try to fill the hole in defence if any of their forwards start to dominate. This will also allow Minson to play forward most of the game. I don't think they have anyone in their defence big enough to go with him. That will give Lyon to think about, which might make him play Kosi back.

I doubt they will go for 3 Rucks. I think it is a bad move to have 3 in the side in any AFL game. I think Street will just have to play VFL this year until an injury or some horrible form kicks in. What we have right now is working and I would not like to see that changed. The Saints forwards are big but Morris usually does pretty well in St. Kilda games and Hargraves will also help out. They have tall forwards, we have short backs but this one will be one in the middle. We have got to be solid under pressure and we must shut down Dal Santo!

No surprises on the team though. I still have my doubts on Eagleton though. I probably shouldn't though I have heard a lot of people say that he almost played last week.

LostDoggy
04-04-2008, 04:38 PM
So Tim Callan doesn't count?

Tim Callan played last week. But I don't think he really counts.. not really a pup.

Do you mean Callan Ward?

hujsh
04-04-2008, 05:02 PM
Tim Callan played last week. But I don't think he really counts.. not really a pup.

Do you mean Callan Ward?

No i meant TC. He debuted first but wondered if he was eligible.