PDA

View Full Version : Holland suing Richmond and Casey

Topdog
04-04-2008, 08:27 AM
for not giving him money that was promised outside the salary cap.

linky (http://www.realfooty.com.au/news/news/holland-sues-over-tiger-deal/2008/04/03/1206851113196.html)

Could be very interesting times ahead for the Tigs and also makes those Brown rumours a bit stronger.

G-Mo77
04-04-2008, 11:18 AM

linky (http://www.realfooty.com.au/news/news/holland-sues-over-tiger-deal/2008/04/03/1206851113196.html)

Could be very interesting times ahead for the Tigs and also makes those Brown rumours a bit stronger.

Rumors? When it is the cold hard truth they are not rumors. :D

Sockeye Salmon
04-04-2008, 03:49 PM
Last year when Reiwoldt was negotiating a new contract with St. Kilda talks stalled for a while. Basically Reiwoldt wanted a bit more but St. Kilda were saying they were on their cap limit so they couldn't give him any more.

Ricky Nixon was being interviewed on SEN when he said "St. Kilda have to use a bit more imagination about ways to get things done".

He meant that clubs do these sort of deals to get players more cash and it was time St. Kilda joined in. Reiwoldt re-signed very shortly afterwards.

bornadog
04-04-2008, 04:11 PM

Are we talking about helicopter ride and picking out land on the pennisula as well as two hotel deals???

Sockeye Salmon
04-04-2008, 04:31 PM
And the agreement that has the Richmond FC social club buying their beer from Brown's pub for top dollar rather than directly from CUB at wholesale.

Desipura
05-04-2008, 12:48 PM

Gee they were allegedly making under the table payments to players outside the salary cap and they were still a crap side. Imagine if they played by the rules how bad they would truly be?
Brown it has been reported in the Age today that he did mention on the footy show a while back that he did receive some investment opportunities to go to the tiggers.

Dancin' Douggy
05-04-2008, 01:57 PM
Gee they were allegedly making under the table payments to players outside the salary cap and they were still a crap side. Imagine if they played by the rules how bad they would truly be?
Brown it has been reported in the Age today that he did mention on the footy show a while back that he did receive some investment opportunities to go to the tiggers.

It's hard to imagine Richmond going lower than they've been for the last twenty seven years but I suspect we're about to witness it.

Let’s face it. Richmond were horrible on and off the field with Casey at the helm. He strutted around the place like a big dumb blind rooster with his chest puffed out. One minute declaring loudly and proudly "We're going after Nathan Brown and Dean Solomon". And then issuing a warning a few months later " HANDS OFF OUR PLAYERS!" As if anyone wanted any of those losers any way. Any player that WAS chased, (hacks like Holland and Ray Hall) were immediately offered bigger deals to stay. Richmond ended up with an overpaid list of underperformers but all egos, including Casey’s, were intact.
However not a single player on the list was captain material and they had to import one. How could you possibly go over the salary cap with such a pathetic list?

The chest beating and holier than thou accusations after Libba whacked Knights was pathetic. Seems they conveniently forgot Neil Balme punching the Tigers to a couple of flags. And Captain Blood I suppose was an altar boy.

Casey has left a bad fart in the Tiger toilet and I think the doors just been opened.

Can’t help feeling sorry for Richo battling away all these years but It seems there’s no golden future on the horizon for the poor bastard.

The Coon Dog
05-04-2008, 02:05 PM
^^^^^

Well said!

How funny would it be if they finished last, about to grab the Fijian wonder kid & were found to have breached the Salary Cap & excluded from the draft's first round!

Dancin' Douggy
05-04-2008, 02:31 PM
I know. It would be almost too cruel to witness.
THE HUMANITY!...........

hujsh
05-04-2008, 03:40 PM
Casey has left a bad fart in the Tiger toilet and I think the doors just been opened.

HAHAHA. What a random metaphor but good. :D

bornadog
05-04-2008, 05:58 PM
It's hard to imagine Richmond going lower than they've been for the last twenty seven years but I suspect we're about to witness it. .

There is a GOD, :D

I hate that club with a passion, almost as much as I hate Carlton and Essendon.

Dancin' Douggy
05-04-2008, 07:00 PM
should be us and them rivalry round

1eyedog
05-04-2008, 07:30 PM
It's hard to imagine Richmond going lower than they've been for the last twenty seven years but I suspect we're about to witness it.

Let’s face it. Richmond were horrible on and off the field with Casey at the helm. He strutted around the place like a big dumb blind rooster with his chest puffed out. One minute declaring loudly and proudly "We're going after Nathan Brown and Dean Solomon". And then issuing a warning a few months later " HANDS OFF OUR PLAYERS!" As if anyone wanted any of those losers any way. Any player that WAS chased, (hacks like Holland and Ray Hall) were immediately offered bigger deals to stay. Richmond ended up with an overpaid list of underperformers but all egos, including Casey’s, were intact.
However not a single player on the list was captain material and they had to import one. How could you possibly go over the salary cap with such a pathetic list?

The chest beating and holier than thou accusations after Libba whacked Knights was pathetic. Seems they conveniently forgot Neil Balme punching the Tigers to a couple of flags. And Captain Blood I suppose was an altar boy.

Can’t help feeling sorry for Richo battling away all these years but It seems there’s no golden future on the horizon for the poor bastard.

Spot on, hope they do finish last, get first pick and lose it for salary cap breaches. Hate Wallace and Brown, that is a seriously problematic relationship there if you ask me. I hope Richmond don't ever win another flag. The only teams I hate more than Richmond are Geelong, Carlton and Collingwood.

Dogs 24/7
05-04-2008, 07:37 PM
Somehow this has turned into a thread about hated or despised teams however the I think the AFL will have a very hard time finding anyone guilty. Andy D was operations manager at the time and informed the club and player that there was not room under the cap for the Tigers to match the Crows offer. Sometime later the deal was still done and yet the alarm bells didn't ring. I suspect that things like this go on all the time but the Tigers will dodge this one and I guess it will be settled out of courst and away from the AFL.
For years rorting of the cap has taken place and there hasnt been too many convictions.

Dancin' Douggy
05-04-2008, 08:09 PM
Demetriou is going to do everything he can to hide this, suppress it, deny it, and sweep it under his very lumpy carpet.

LostDoggy
05-04-2008, 08:34 PM
Demetriou is going to do everything he can to hide this, suppress it, deny it, and sweep it under his very lumpy carpet.

But the AFL is well run.

Dancin' Douggy
05-04-2008, 08:43 PM
But the AFL is well run.

Yes, extremely well run by geniuses!:D

hujsh
05-04-2008, 11:44 PM
Somehow this has turned into a thread about hated or despised teams

Yes, Richmond.:p

Topdog
05-04-2008, 11:46 PM
The difference between this and other deals is that this was apparently signed on a Richmond letterhead.....which would make it a Richmond deal and not a seperate business deal.

Dancin' Douggy
06-04-2008, 03:08 AM
Ooooh Baby!

Sockeye Salmon
06-04-2008, 01:14 PM
This morning's paper had Adrian Anderson already backpedalling.

Ricchmond will get away with this scott free.

PS. Did anyone see Caroline Wilson's propoganda piece. It was pathetic.

westdog54
06-04-2008, 01:56 PM

You mean this one?

http://www.realfooty.com.au/news/news/hollands-cautionary-tale/2008/04/05/1207249552448.html

For Christ's sake Caroline, put your journalist's hat one once, just once, when you talk about Richmond?

Dancin' Douggy
06-04-2008, 02:11 PM

It was an absolute disgrace.

Demetriou is a slimy toad and Anderson is his grubby little henchman.
What they did to Paul Roos over one throwaway quip was Shameful. Dragged before a FULL ENQUIRY by a Q.C. A #$@%$#@ Q.C.!!!!!

Then Libba, a 200 game veteran and Brownlow medallist, working in the inner sanctum at Carlton says "YES WE WERE TANKING". What action does Demetriou take? NONE.
Except telling Libba to shut up.
The tribunal bent over backwards like a world champion limbo dancer to let Barry Hall play in the Grand Final after he punched Maguire. And I bet this Ben Holland situation will be put in a sack and thrown into a dam to drown like an unwanted kitten.
Never to be heard of again

Shame Demetriou Shame

Twodogs
08-04-2008, 12:54 PM
Let’s face it. Richmond were horrible on and off the field with Casey at the helm. He strutted around the place like a big dumb blind rooster with his chest puffed out. One minute declaring loudly and proudly "We're going after Nathan Brown and Dean Solomon". And then issuing a warning a few months later " HANDS OFF OUR PLAYERS!"

What do you expect? He is an Essendon supporter-they're all like that.