Scott West - (minor) knee - 1- 2 weeks
Shaun Higgins - Damage to ankle ligaments - 12-14 weeks
Tom Williams - Thigh - 2 weeks
Farren Ray - Foot - 2 weeks
Andrejs Everitt - Knee - 3 weeks
Malcolm Lynch - Hamstring - 1 week

BulldogBelle
07-04-2008, 08:06 PM
It was reported on Channel 7 news earlier that Higgins now will most likely be out for the entire season.

GVGjr
07-04-2008, 08:08 PM
It was reported on Channel 7 news earlier that Higgins now will most likely be out for the entire season.

It's getting worse every time we hear about it.

BulldogBelle
07-04-2008, 08:28 PM
It's getting worse every time we hear about it.

It started off being a 3 week thing...now it has blown out to possibly for the entire season. Feel sorry for Higgins.

Raw Toast
07-04-2008, 09:20 PM
Higgins needs to apologise to whichever black cat he kicked, while West's knee is hopefully nothing more than just annoying. Pity he'll miss the Essendon game, as he generally performs against them as if he has something to prove :)

The Don's have Jetta out which is a significant absence given the type of footy they're trying to play.

LostDoggy
07-04-2008, 09:24 PM
West out is weird :/ hope thats only for 2 max

But its good knowing Cross n Cooney can step up

BulldogBelle
07-04-2008, 09:27 PM
The Don's have Jetta out which is a significant absence given the type of footy they're trying to play.

Essendon's Hille also must be suspect with that shoulder concern - they have said he will be playing but you just never know.

The Coon Dog
07-04-2008, 09:34 PM
Essendon's Hille also must be suspect with that shoulder concern - they have said he will be playing but you just never know.

The Essendon flu. I wonder if it still exist now Sheeds has gone?

BulldogBelle
08-04-2008, 12:27 AM
Two weeks.......

West to miss two weeks for Dogs (http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2008/04/07/2210334.htm?section=sport)
ABC News
April 7

The Western Bulldogs have confirmed Scott West will be out for at least a fortnight, after injuring his knee on the weekend.

The 33-year-old picked up the injury in the third quarter of the Bulldog's win against St Kilda last Friday night.

The veteran has played a more subdued role for the undefeated Dogs this year, while the club's young guns in Adam Cooney and Ryan Griffen have taken more of the spotlight.

The Bulldogs take on Essendon and Richmond in the coming weeks.

LostDoggy
08-04-2008, 12:57 AM
Scott West missing games in 2 consecutive seasons, when is the last time this happened?

The Bulldogs Bite
08-04-2008, 02:34 AM
Good 'test' of sorts for the younger brigade. West might've taken a step back in the spotlight to make way for Coons/Griff, but he's still been very influential.

Lot of pressure on Cross/Boyd obviously, but Hahn & Addison's grunt will be needed through the midfield too.

Bulldog Revolution
08-04-2008, 09:58 AM
West's moved into a less prominent role, for the good of the team, but he is still having a big influence on proceedings.

I am wondering whether this opens things up for an OKeefe debut

A real shame for Higgins - was looking forward to seeing him reap the benefits of his offseason

Looking forward to getting Ray back up to speed now

GVGjr
08-04-2008, 10:02 AM
West's moved into a less prominent role, for the good of the team, but he is still having a big influence on proceedings.

I am wondering whether this opens things up for an OKeefe debut

A real shame for Higgins - was looking forward to seeing him reap the benefits of his offseason

Looking forward to getting Ray back up to speed now

He's been playing well and thats a good suggestion but do we absolutely need a midfield for midfield replacement in this instance?
I think someone like Stack might be considered along with O'Keefe and Ward.

Bulldog Revolution
08-04-2008, 04:11 PM
He's been playing well and thats a good suggestion but do we absolutely need a midfield for midfield replacement in this instance?

I think having Higgins and West out of the side, and with Eagle and Harbrow working back from layoffs that we will probably need our run against Essendon. Wight can take Hille when he goes forward, Harris on Lloyd so its not like the backline needs an extra tall, so I expect a running option. But Stack does fit that option generally as a running player. It will be interesting to see what they do. I get the feeling they might like to reward Stack who seems to have a good preseason himself but is in Hills shadow at the minute.

ledge
08-04-2008, 04:18 PM
West for 2 weeks mmm thats not good considering Higgins, West might be out for season and Higgins retired at this rate

aker39
08-04-2008, 04:40 PM

He came back on to the ground after doing the injury on Saturday.

bornadog
08-04-2008, 07:36 PM

This would be a good week to play one of them as Essendon has a young team in. I thought OKeefe was very impressive last week and I also liked Stacks game across the backline. He didn't star or anything but was consistent and steady. Ward did a few good things but felt he isn't ready yet, although he was an emergency last week.

Of course its all academic if Eagles is fit as I can't see any other changes.

Mantis
08-04-2008, 07:49 PM
West for 2 weeks mmm thats not good considering Higgins, West might be out for season and Higgins retired at this rate

Essendon & Richmond... Seriously if we can't beat them without West then the first 3 weeks have been a waste.

BulldogBelle
08-04-2008, 09:00 PM
He came back on to the ground after doing the injury on Saturday.

That he did - guess those pain killing injections worked wonders. :)

1eyedog
08-04-2008, 09:11 PM
Essendon & Richmond... Seriously if we can't beat them without West then the first 3 weeks have been a waste.

Indeed. I reckon the Doggies could put me on a forward flank and we'd still win them.

kickit22
08-04-2008, 10:13 PM
if eagle does not get up i hope they do go for a young mid in O'Keefe or Ward. on form and senior capability you would think O'Keefe is the pick of the two. there is also Stack. but overall i think he is still a few games off (coming back from injury) for senior footy. Also off the weekends Willy game O'Keefe was very good. would be awesome to see some youth up against Essedons young side. but with all that said lets hope Eagleton is up and firing :)