PDA

View Full Version : Ess v WB - Where are you sitting?

The Coon Dog
07-04-2008, 09:31 PM
Given that it's a fully ticketed affair this Friday night, where will you be sitting?

I think I read that your membership doesn't entitle you to entry to the ground this week, you have to book seats through Ticketek.

Anyhow I've done that & am on Level 3, Ailse 15, Row Q. Hopefully I'll have some doggies fans nearby.

Mantis
07-04-2008, 09:50 PM
Given that it's a fully ticketed affair this Friday night, where will you be sitting?

I think I read that your membership doesn't entitle you to entry to the ground this week, you have to book seats through Ticketek.

Anyhow I've done that & am on Level 3, Ailse 15, Row Q. Hopefully I'll have some doggies fans nearby.

Isn't it through Ticketmaster??... don't want to give our fans the bum steer.

hujsh
07-04-2008, 09:51 PM
Don't think i can go to Friday matches. Training finishes at 7:00 so I'd have to skip. (and I'm starting to think about doing that)

The Coon Dog
07-04-2008, 10:11 PM
Isn't it through Ticketmaster??... don't want to give our fans the bum steer.
Yeah, thanks for the good pick up Mantis!

katemeehan
07-04-2008, 11:56 PM
Dad got some tickets off a friend in the area where they have the Tvs with the seats haha. I find them pointless though...why bother if your going to be watching the footy anyway? Cant remember the name of the section it is though.

The Coon Dog
07-04-2008, 11:58 PM
Dad got some tickets off a friend in the area where they have the Tvs with the seats haha. I find them pointless though...why bother if your going to be watching the footy anyway? Cant remember the name of the section it is though.
Medalian Club.

katemeehan
07-04-2008, 11:59 PM
Medalian Club.

Thats the one!
Dont like it there though...feel so out of place If I cheer and wear my gear.

LostDoggy
08-04-2008, 12:37 AM
Thats the one!

I know what you mean. I sat there once and the seats were good, but it seemed like, I was the only person who even realised there was a game going on.

Desipura
08-04-2008, 09:17 AM
level 1 on the wing near the interchange bench

aker39
08-04-2008, 09:28 AM
Level 1, Aisle 20

Sockeye Salmon
08-04-2008, 10:32 AM
My lounge room :mad:

Wife has to work and I'm the babysitter.

At least it's on FTA.

bornadog
08-04-2008, 11:04 AM

At least it's on FTA.

Take the kids with you:eek:

LostDoggy
08-04-2008, 11:30 AM
aisle 19 row a level 3 for me

Sockeye Salmon
08-04-2008, 11:50 AM
Take the kids with you:eek:

He comes with me to day games but night games are way past his bedtime and feral, overtired child = dad misses the footy.

He's 4.

The Underdog
08-04-2008, 12:15 PM

At least it's on FTA.

I've got it worse. I have to work. Have to sneak listens to the radio every now and then.
Sucksville...

Mofra
08-04-2008, 12:56 PM
I've got it worse. I have to work. Have to sneak listens to the radio every now and then.
Sucksville...

I'll see you a radio contact at work, and raise you:

Doing the Oxfam 100km walk starting Friday morning, expecting to be at the 45km mark or so by the first bounce, however will have no radio contact so will get perhaps one score update, then find out how much we won by at Midnight or so.

Spewing, as I love flogging the Bombers

The Underdog
08-04-2008, 12:58 PM

Doing the Oxfam 100km walk starting Friday morning, expecting to be at the 45km mark or so by the first bounce, however will have no radio contact so will get perhaps one score update, then find out how much we won by at Midnight or so.

Well that's what you get for trying to help the disadvantaged. Can't you take an Ipod with you? I mean you'll probably be getting pretty sick of your teammates by then, you can listen to the footy instead.

Sockeye Salmon
08-04-2008, 01:00 PM

I've got a Next G phone with an internet browser. Wanna borrow it? I could see you walking into trees trying to watch the footy on a 2" screen.

Mofra
08-04-2008, 01:02 PM
Well that's what you get for trying to help the disadvantaged. Can't you take an Ipod with you? I mean you'll probably be getting pretty sick of your teammates by then, you can listen to the footy instead.

Pretty sick of my teammates yes, but whaddaya mean by then :D

Reception isn't great to start with, especially since as most of the first leg is underneath powerlines. Around match-time I will be in the mountains so not sure how much I will be able to hear - maybe get some scratchy SEN if I walk on tippy toes.

Sockeye Salmon
08-04-2008, 01:06 PM
Pretty sick of my teammates yes, but whaddaya mean by then :D

Reception isn't great to start with, especially since as most of the first leg is underneath powerlines. Around match-time I will be in the mountains so not sure how much I will be able to hear - maybe get some scratchy SEN if I walk on tippy toes.

774 ABC will still work.

The Underdog
08-04-2008, 01:09 PM
774 ABC will still work.

MMM is usually the strongest, believe me I live in the hills, don't rely on SEN reception.

Mofra
08-04-2008, 01:18 PM
774 ABC will still work.

MMM is usually the strongest, believe me I live in the hills, don't rely on SEN reception.

Cheers, will have to organise some form of contact with the outside world for that part of the trek.

Wonder what other walkers will think when an ear-splitting "Go you b@stard!!!" shatters the normal dusk quiet. Probably think I'm flogging my teammates.

ledge
08-04-2008, 02:03 PM
I have my cricket clubs presentation at Taylors Lakes Starlight room, hopefully a tv is near by, will be ducking out at every opportunity.

BulldogBelle
08-04-2008, 04:46 PM
At home in front of TV.

bornadog
08-04-2008, 07:30 PM
Thats the one!

swap ya:D

LostDoggy
08-04-2008, 07:42 PM
what is the difference between fully ticketed.
does it mean that if i rock up to the game, and i want to sit on lv3 with some mates, i will have to buy tickets with them (assuming it's not sold out) or buy them before the game?

LostDoggy
08-04-2008, 08:47 PM
Level 3, Row M, someone around a pocket area I think, I can't remember exactly which aisle. Last year I was in Row R on level 3 for the Essendon match (I love playing the Bombers, but fully ticketed matches are a pain) and the big green bar was going right through the screen and score board...it was bad.

aker39
09-04-2008, 09:38 AM
what is the difference between fully ticketed.
does it mean that if i rock up to the game, and i want to sit on lv3 with some mates, i will have to buy tickets with them (assuming it's not sold out) or buy them before the game?

Providing it's not a sell out (very unlikely), you can turn up on the night, and buy seats on Level 3. Your mates don't have to be with you, you can buy all of the tickets yourself and get the money off them later, but you will obviously have to meet them outside at some time to give them their tickets.

bornadog
09-04-2008, 06:20 PM
I got a ticket today on ebay. Level 2, aisle 37 for $19.80 including express post:D

mjp
09-04-2008, 06:39 PM
I will be sitting on my lounge chair, waiting for the delayed telecast...even though I am living thousands of kms away. What is the point of pay tv if you still cant watch the game live?

Sigh.

Mantis
09-04-2008, 07:19 PM
Living the high life in a corporate box.

Nothing better than drinking free grog while watching your team have a big win.

Go_Dogs
10-04-2008, 10:09 AM
I'll be watching with my dad on the TV. I think he's pretty much jumped bandwagons and gets just about as excited as me watching the Dogs play these days - except for when it's against Adelaide.

mjp
10-04-2008, 12:07 PM
I'll be watching with my dad on the TV. I think he's pretty much jumped bandwagons and gets just about as excited as me watching the Dogs play these days - except for when it's against Adelaide.

After the Crows efforts last week, he should be a very proud Adelaide supporter. If that win didn't get him mind, body and soul on the Camry's bandwagon, he may as well jump across to us forever.

Go_Dogs
10-04-2008, 12:47 PM
After the Crows efforts last week, he should be a very proud Adelaide supporter. If that win didn't get him mind, body and soul on the Camry's bandwagon, he may as well jump across to us forever.

Yeah, I haven't spoken to him since that game yet, but I'm sure he would've been thrilled - especially as we are a Norwood family, who passionately hate anything Port. At the end of the day he'd probably rather see a Crows win than any other side, but the Dogs are definitely the side he most enjoys watching...perhaps he'll be a full blown Dogs supporter by years end if we keep playing like we do. I think he'd be happy to claim us :D

LostDoggy
10-04-2008, 07:04 PM
do people think it will sell out, and if so how early do u think i wud hav to arrive to get tickets.
thanx

Dogs 24/7
10-04-2008, 07:11 PM
do people think it will sell out, and if so how early do u think i wud hav to arrive to get tickets.
thanx

I heard something on the radio today saying that it might not be a sell out but really why would you want to take the chance ? You would probably need to be there by 5.30pm just to make sure.
Do you normally use the chat speak ? I find it hard to read.

hujsh
10-04-2008, 08:19 PM

I have almost the exact same footy relationship with my dad. Has grown to love the Doggies.