PDA

View Full Version : Telstra Dome WOOF Section

wimberga
10-04-2008, 08:24 PM
Just had an idea

Perhaps we could pick out a home game later in the season for the doggies, and have all us WOOFers sit in one bay at the dome? it would be nice to put a few names (nicknames even) to faces, and would be an excellent way to view the game with the insight of all us quality posters talking.

I know some of us have kids and some of us have reserved seats, but it would be great ot pick out just one game where we all went to the one area

Just an idea, let me see what you all think.

ledge
10-04-2008, 08:55 PM
Just had an idea

Perhaps we could pick out a home game later in the season for the doggies, and have all us WOOFers sit in one bay at the dome? it would be nice to put a few names (nicknames even) to faces, and would be an excellent way to view the game with the insight of all us quality posters talking.

I know some of us have kids and some of us have reserved seats, but it would be great ot pick out just one game where we all went to the one area

Earlier in the year i proposed we should meet at a pub when we play an interstate game, i think it was agreed, The Club at Caroline Springs. I havent chased it up but was waiting until the week of the first one to begin, then i would post again.
But yes good point, would be good to do as you suggest, i have met a few on here already and maybe in the future we could have our own WOOF section on the wing with WOOF t shirts, bit like the barmy army?

wimberga
10-04-2008, 08:59 PM
Im actually keen to get a blue tshirt with a transfer of Big Will on it, and in big red and white letters, WHERE THERES A WILL, THERES A WAY

ledge
10-04-2008, 09:02 PM
Im actually keen to get a blue tshirt with a transfer of Big Will on it, and in big red and white letters, WHERE THERES A WILL, THERES A WAY

Thats good wimberg maybe we can get some quotes like that for other players.

bornadog
14-04-2008, 11:59 AM
If you have a digital photo of big Will, then go to this website for your tshirt.

http://www.snapfish.com.au/gifts/product=photo-TShirt

aker39
14-04-2008, 12:26 PM
If you have a digital photo of big Will, then go to this website for your tshirt.

http://www.snapfish.com.au/gifts/product=photo-TShirt

If any of the computer nerds wants to put a design together, I'm more than happy to pay $25 for one.

bornadog
24-07-2008, 08:46 PM
Just had an idea

Caught up with Super07, MO and Aker39, behind the goals at Cat land last week, we were all sitting very close. With all the membership upgrades, maybe a meeting at the Victory room could be an Idea before the year is out.

aker39
24-07-2008, 09:13 PM
If we are going to do this, we should maybe do it this Sunday. It is our 2nd last home game, and the last one is a Friday night and may not suit people.

Being a twilight game, people are keen to get to the game, they can't be fagged waiting around at home.

So how about it.

This Sunday at 3.30 in the Victory Room.

The Coon Dog
24-07-2008, 09:17 PM
Sounds good to me!

LostDoggy
24-07-2008, 09:59 PM
i'll drag myself away from the locker room and come for a beer!!

bornadog
24-07-2008, 10:58 PM
If we are going to do this, we should maybe do it this Sunday. It is our 2nd last home game, and the last one is a Friday night and may not suit people.

Being a twilight game, people are keen to get to the game, they can't be fagged waiting around at home.

So how about it.

This Sunday at 3.30 in the Victory Room.

good idea, see you then

wimberga
25-07-2008, 03:33 AM
Just to clarify, anyone can get into the Victory room right?

strebla
25-07-2008, 11:35 AM
not me my young bloke plays first final sunday will get to the footy late but hope you all have a good time

The Underdog
25-07-2008, 11:41 AM
Just to clarify, anyone can get into the Victory room right?

Social club members only, have to show your tag or membership.
I'll do my best to make it, although stupid me thought it was an away game up til now.

The Pie Man
25-07-2008, 12:37 PM
Social club members only, have to show your tag or membership.
I'll do my best to make it, although stupid me thought it was an away game up til now.

There's the Victory bistro room with a beer garden (well, a few tables on concrete let's say) overlooking the water that just opened up to the general public - right next door to the Victory Room. I'm a social club member now with the upgrade so I can get into either.

Mofra
25-07-2008, 01:32 PM
How will anyone know who is who, apart from those who have already met?

I draw the line at flouro pink fishnets.

1eyedog
25-07-2008, 02:36 PM

We could hold little signs like they do at the airport

Mantis
25-07-2008, 02:43 PM
We could hold little signs like they do at the airport

Mine will say, 'I hate Nathan Eagleton'.;)

The Coon Dog
25-07-2008, 02:48 PM
Mine will say, 'I hate Nathan Eagleton'.;)
Mine will say 'I love firstdogonthemoon' :D

LostDoggy
25-07-2008, 04:35 PM
Depends on what time the Barwon Bulldog Bus arrives. It was good to catch up with Aker39 and Bornadog at Geelong. How come we didn't see you at the function afterwards?

aker39
25-07-2008, 04:37 PM
Depends on what time the Barwon Bulldog Bus arrives. It was good to catch up with Aker39 and Bornadog at Geelong. How come we didn't see you at the function afterwards?

Sorry Mo, I had a very tired 4 & 6 year old, so decided to hit the highway and get home.

Sockeye Salmon
25-07-2008, 06:21 PM

I'll be wearing a Bulldog scarf

bornadog
25-07-2008, 07:06 PM

Yes I did mention that I couldn't make it as the two doggies fans I was with had to go out that evening. Hope you had a good turn out.

LostDoggy
25-07-2008, 08:12 PM
you cant miss me. I kind of stand out. look for someone who looks a bit crazy. and usually there's two of us!

firstdogonthemoon
25-07-2008, 11:26 PM
Mine will say "I hate boxer shorts. And Mantis. But not Coon Dog."

Actually Im not sure if I can make it but I will try.

The Coon Dog
26-07-2008, 09:06 AM
I'll print this out & laminate it & put it up on a table, hope it helps.

http://img67.imageshack.us/img67/4425/woofiz5.jpg

Max469
26-07-2008, 09:10 AM
Sounds good to me

bornadog
26-07-2008, 01:47 PM
I'll print this out & laminate it & put it up on a table, hope it helps.

http://img67.imageshack.us/img67/4425/woofiz5.jpg

So can you confirm its the social club area or the public area of Victory Room.

The Coon Dog
26-07-2008, 02:01 PM
So can you confirm its the social club area or the public area of Victory Room.

No idea, whereever Aker39 is :confused:

LostDoggy
26-07-2008, 02:50 PM
Yes I did mention that I couldn't make it as the two doggies fans I was with had to go out that evening. Hope you had a good turn out.

Yes bornadog - I wasn't expecting you there. We had a good number of people come over but unfortunately none of the playing group came as they were with Rodney for quite some time after the game.
We did have Tom Williams, Peter Street, Shaun Higgins, Easton Wood and Henry White, also James Fantasia so we couldn't be too disappointed. I have to say these young guys were sensational particularly Henry White who took the time to walk around chatting to everyone. Great PR in that way.
I don't imagine we will ever get to host another function at Geelong with our improving team and for that I am very grateful (meaning we don't play here again). I think I hate Skilled Stadium.