PDA

View Full Version : Your 2023 Top 10 Players

1eyedog
09-03-2023, 11:26 AM
Well, Robbo's had a go and so has some 16 year old pimply kid in the ESPN basement so we might as well have a stab. From 1 -10 get down your best (or most important to their team) 10 players in the competion in order. If they're controversial perhaps provide a line on why they're so high. You should incorporate the players past history in your delibertaions, their current stock and consider their ceiling and what they might be able to achieve over the next three years.

Who ya got right now?

FYI I have Bont and Naughton in my top 10.

Grantysghost
09-03-2023, 12:14 PM
1. Bont.
2. Brayshaw.
3. May.
4. Laird
5. Gawn
6. Cripps
7. Blicavs
8. Lynch
9. Liberatore
10. Maynard

Don't @ me :)

Maynard for me is the gauge for the pies. Brings the attitude the others follow.
Blicavs well he's so versatile, he's ability to play tall or small is under rated.
Laird like Maynard, he's the gauge for the Crows, tackling machine gets plenty of it severely under rated.
The rest are pretty obvious.
May and Gawn are Melbourne's most important.

Oh Brayshaw - he's a star so that's a captains pick. Very important to Freo.

bornadog
09-03-2023, 12:28 PM
Trying not to show my bias.

1. Bont
2. Petracca
3. Cripps
4. Miller
5. Brayshaw
6. Neale
7. Libba
8. Curnow
9. Walsh
10. Naughton

Grantysghost
09-03-2023, 12:29 PM

1. Bont
2. Petracca
3. Cripps
4. Miller
5. Brayshaw
6. Neale
7. Libba
8. Curnow
9. Walsh
10. Naughton

Midfielders every where! :)

bornadog
09-03-2023, 12:34 PM
Midfielders every where! :)

yes, I realised that after I finished, but it really is the game these days.

GVGjr
09-03-2023, 12:57 PM

1. Bont
2. Petracca
3. Cripps
4. Miller
5. Brayshaw
6. Neale
7. Libba
8. Curnow
9. Walsh
10. Naughton

Where are your 200cm players?

Bulldog Revolution
09-03-2023, 01:13 PM
Bont
Oliver
Petracca
Cripps
Stewart
Greene
Cameron
Neale
May
Moore

bornadog
09-03-2023, 01:54 PM
Where are your 200cm players?

Darcy will be in top 10 one day - don't know any others that can be classified as top 10

GVGjr
09-03-2023, 02:12 PM
Darcy will be in top 10 one day - don't know any others that can be classified as top 10

I think Gawn gives it nudge. I'll try and work out mine.

lemmon
09-03-2023, 05:05 PM
1. Petracca - at their best, he and Bont are neck and neck for mine. We just didn't seen enough of it from Bont last year.
2. Cripps
3. Neale - admit there are a lot of junk stats in there, still think he's a game breaker
4. Bont
5. Cameron
6. Oliver
7. Curnow
8. Gawn
9. Moore
10. Brayshaw - does he hurt teams enough? I don't watch enough Freo, but I've never been as impressed as others

The Doctor
10-03-2023, 07:08 AM
1. Petracca
2. Bont
3. Oliver
4. Gawn
5. Cameron
6. Moore
7. Cripps
8. Stewart
9. Hawkins
10. Curnow

Happy Days
10-03-2023, 11:00 AM
1. Oliver - brutally dominant stoppage force, and likely the greatest player of all time to never really learn how to kick
2. Bont - all damage all the time and the best kick in the AFL
3. May - complete jerk who also happens to be a one man All Australian backline
4. J. Cameron - weapon of a player who can score from anywhere inside 50 and set up scores from anywhere outside it.
5. Petracca - not as much of a Big Bull as Channel 7 will have you believe at stoppages but is the as good at taking a game away in 5 minutes as there is
6. Gawn - best ruckman by a mile, outstanding tap work and also a really underrated aerialist
7. Cripps - a lesser Bont but might be the strongest guy in it
8. Neale - do-it-all mid with an increasing ability to hit the scoreboard and could elevate now that he has some actual help inside.
9. Stewart - intercept master, current holder of the Michael Johnson Medal for most annoying guy for the Bulldogs to play against
10. Greene - unabashed dickhead, pure danger inside 50 and undeniably intimidating to a lot of players

Honourable mentions to Lynch, Curnow, Sicily, Mills, Dawson, Brayshaw, Miller and Naughton.

Mofra
10-03-2023, 12:05 PM
There's a lot of bias in mine

1. Bont
2. Miller (can you be a top 10 player and still underrated?)
3. J Cameron (he is a prime difference maker on field)
4. Petracca (can do it all - the short Bont with more leg-power)
5. Andy Brayshaw (projected)
6. Cripps (no Cripps, no Carlton)
7. Laird (untaggable)
8. Naughton (no KPF has his ground game - and he's better int he air than Curnow)
9. Oliver
10. Neale (cleanest ground ball player in the comp)

TBH If Miller, Laird & Andy Brayshaw played for Vic clubs they'd get more love in the media IMO.

bornadog
10-03-2023, 12:06 PM
1. Oliver - brutally dominant stoppage force, and likely the greatest player of all time to never really learn how to kick
2. Bont - all damage all the time and the best kick in the AFL
3. May - complete jerk who also happens to be a one man All Australian backline
4. J. Cameron - weapon of a player who can score from anywhere inside 50 and set up scores from anywhere outside it.
5. Petracca - not as much of a Big Bull at stoppages as Channel 7 will have you believe at stoppages but is the as good at taking a game away in 5 minutes as there is
6. Gawn - best ruckman by a mile, outstanding tap work and also a really underrated aerialist
7. Cripps - a lesser Bont but might be the strongest guy in it
8. Neale - do-it-all mid with an increasing ability to hit the scoreboard and could elevate now that he has some actual help inside.
9. Stewart - intercept master, current holder of the Michael Johnson Medal for most annoying guy for the Bulldogs to play against
10. Greene - unabashed dickhead, pure danger inside 50 and undeniably intimidating to a lot of players

Honourable mentions to Lynch, Curnow, Sicily, Mills, Dawson, Brayshaw, Miller and Naughton.

Love this post

Axe Man
10-03-2023, 12:37 PM
Love this post

Yet you didn't have Oliver in your top 10?

bornadog
10-03-2023, 04:13 PM
Yet you didn't have Oliver in your top 10?

I don't rate Oliver as a top ten.

I love the post for the commentary

Go_Dogs
12-03-2023, 09:43 PM
If I’m forecasting who I think they are for 2023 with out too much thought (clearly just look):

1. Bont
2. Tom Lynch
3. Petracca
4. Stewart
5. Rozee
6. Curnow
7. Andrews
8. Cripps
9. Dunkley
10. Naughton