PDA

View Full Version : Stadium Deals

Sockeye Salmon
10-04-2008, 09:33 PM
Hujsh posted this in the Mitch Hahn thread but I think it needs a thread of it's own. It's about the stadium deals and how far behind West Coast and Freo the Telstra Dome tenants are (except Essendon).

On the relocations, did anyone see that part of letting the new teams in was that the AFL would pull their fingers out and talk about our stadium deals

link (http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,23514557-11088,00.html)

This is the interesting bit.

Of the clubs that use Telstra Dome as a home venue, only Essendon's contract allows it to negotiate directly with stadium management.

The other clubs, including North Melbourne, Carlton and the Western Bulldogs, need to go through the AFL to alter arrangements.

Telstra Dome boss Ian Collins said the mooted changes to the clubs' deals were "all hearsay to me".

Asked how clubs might be able to receive a greater return from matches played at the stadium, Collins said: "I am not going to comment on that, the deals are with the AFL.

"All I know is we have a user agreement that goes to 2025 and I am not prepared to talk about the user agreement.

Firstly, a big pffffftttt to those who slagged me off in a thread ages ago when I posted that we had to go through the AFL and couldn't negotiate directly for ourselves.

Secondly, Ian Collins is saying "go and suck a big fat one, we've got a deal to 2025 and you lot can **** off" (except for Carlton, obviously).

ledge
10-04-2008, 10:15 PM
Gee i thought our deal finished at the end of year, I remember Smorgon saying something about a better deal because our crowds were up now and it was so unfair. Reason we agreed to first one was because AFL had us by the proverbial balls at the time.

FrediKanoute
10-04-2008, 10:19 PM
Concerning, because I was under the impression we could directly negotiate with Telstra Dome. Whatever deal concesions we get from the AFL will no doubt be adjusted in our Competitive Balance Fund dividend!

alwaysadog
10-04-2008, 10:26 PM
Concerning, because I was under the impression we could directly negotiate with Telstra Dome. Whatever deal concesions we get from the AFL will no doubt be adjusted in our Competitive Balance Fund dividend!

Yeh, it's all swings and roundabouts. We get a shocking deal from that awful place referred to as our home ground and the AFL compensate us for having to put up with it.

Couldn't care less about that snail Collins and his pretentious posterior except to remind everyone that he was the worst Carlton president on record. When it comes to sucking that's a big heap of turd for him to swallow.

ledge
10-04-2008, 10:29 PM
Didnt he stop Grant winning brownlow?

Bumper Bulldogs
10-04-2008, 10:30 PM
Wouldn't it be amazing if we could build our own dome out at the whitten oval, we could even allow for the thing to be facing the right direction to let the sun in on the grass.

That's brings back the best memories, Dougie, Super, Pie Man, Tits Kennedy and that fat little bloke with red hair that won a brownlow

Sockeye Salmon
10-04-2008, 10:34 PM
To negotiate you have to have some kind of leverage. The AFL told us straight up that we would be scheduled to play our home games at the Dome and the Dome officials knew it. Why would they cut us a deal when they knew we were screwed anyway?

The AFL would never let us say "screw the Dome, we'll play our home games at the G". This is how Essendon got such a good deal.

camwoof
11-04-2008, 10:18 AM
Wouldnt it be great after the redevelopment if we were to play a home game each year at the Whitten Oval say against a Port Adelaide or a Fremantle!!!! The place would be packed.

aker39
11-04-2008, 10:26 AM
Wouldnt it be great after the redevelopment if we were to play a home game each year at the Whitten Oval say against a Port Adelaide or a Fremantle!!!! The place would be packed.

Not going to happen.

Never
Nie
Non mai
Jamais
Nunca
Nooit

GVGjr
11-04-2008, 11:19 AM

Yes the 1,500 capacity crowd will have something to cherish all their life. Sorry but it can't and won't happen.

camwoof
11-04-2008, 03:34 PM
It's just a dream as i never got to watch a game at the whitten oval

Dancin' Douggy
11-04-2008, 05:54 PM
Didnt he stop Grant winning brownlow?

Yes he did. And that, on top of his other crimes, makes me loathe him.:mad: