PDA

View Full Version : Game Day - Brisbane Lions vs Opponent

Happy Days
22-03-2023, 10:22 AM
So not sure if you guys are aware but as a result of Jeemak’s sustained lobbying campaign to trade away mattress salesman and Netflix menu enjoyer Josh Dunkley we are in possession of Brisbane’s 2023 first round draft pick.

They’re off to an amazing start, with Will Ashcroft already a huge disappointment who will obviously never make it according to Kane Cornes probably, Harris Andrews still not regaining the ability to shut down entire forward lines that Jezza Cameron knocked out of him a few years back, and Joe Daniher doing cartwheels in the pocket when the ball is down the other end. They have Melbourne this week who despite likely unfortunately regaining Jack Viney will probably go in as favourites, with Brisbane a not unreasonable chance of being actually 18th on Monday. What number do you guys think Harley Reid wants next year?

I thought we could all use a break from wishing death upon our own club and wish some death upon someone else’s. Go Dees?

GVGjr
22-03-2023, 10:37 AM
It would certainly serve us well if Brisbane had a mare of a season and finished outside of the 8. I don't mind Brisbane but a slow start would bring a smile.

Grantysghost
22-03-2023, 10:41 AM
I can't go as far as to say Go Deees, however I am wishing much losingness-ness on the Lol-ions.

If we can snag a top 10 pick, even if we finish last I'll celebrate this season as a success.

Apparently it's the SUPER draft. Which is basically the same as every other draft except they've said it's SUPER.

Which does make me wonder whether it matters where we pick as they're all SUPER players, HOWEVER I like this thread and I will be posting in it regularly.

Like this :

30 second mark of first qtr v Demons.

"Ashcroft is shit he hasn't had a touch yet, plus he's too small and his head is too big".

So in summary.

Not Go Dees, however Don't Go Lol-ions.

bulldogtragic
22-03-2023, 11:42 AM
Rolling Draft Order: Round 1:

Pick 3
Pick 4
Pick 22
Pick 57
Pick 60
Pick 68

hujsh
22-03-2023, 11:58 AM
Rolling Draft Order: Round 1:

Pick 3
Pick 4
Pick 22
Pick 57
Pick 60
Pick 68

If we and Brisbane both tank we both kinda win

mjp
22-03-2023, 01:22 PM
It's become very politically incorrect to say the result of this game is - to me - much like a war in Siberia...I genuinely don't care who wins just so long as someone loses.

But it's like a war in Siberia.

Mofra
22-03-2023, 02:41 PM
There was so much positivity and hype around Brisbane that their season could only ever be a letdown.
They have the thinnest KPD depth in the competition, bar none. That could really hurt them as the season wears on.

I mean, Port's KPDs are 'short' but what do Brisbane have? Since Adams went down and McStay (who can play high-level KPD) left, they have an Andrews who is not the player he once was, the 'decent' Payne and a tweener who plays tall in Darcy Gardiner who is pretty good but can't take a no 1 (or perhaps no 2) KPF.

bornadog
22-03-2023, 02:43 PM
There was so much positivity and hype around Brisbane that their season could only ever be a letdown.
They have the thinnest KPD depth in the competition, bar none. That could really hurt them as the season wears on.

I mean, Port's KPDs are 'short' but what do Brisbane have? Since Adams went down and McStay (who can play high-level KPD) left, they have an Andrews who is not the player he once was, the 'decent' Payne and a tweener who plays tall in Darcy Gardiner who is pretty good but can't take a no 1 (or perhaps no 2) KPF.

Gardiner out for 1 to 2 weeks will hurt them

EasternWest
22-03-2023, 02:50 PM
So not sure if you guys are aware but as a result of Jeemak’s sustained lobbying campaign to trade away mattress salesman and Netflix menu enjoyer Josh Dunkley we are in possession of Brisbane’s 2023 first round draft pick.

They’re off to an amazing start, with Will Ashcroft already a huge disappointment who will obviously never make it according to Kane Cornes probably, Harris Andrews still not regaining the ability to shut down entire forward lines that Jezza Cameron knocked out of him a few years back, and Joe Daniher doing cartwheels in the pocket when the ball is down the other end. They have Melbourne this week who despite likely unfortunately regaining Jack Viney will probably go in as favourites, with Brisbane a not unreasonable chance of being actually 18th on Monday. What number do you guys think Harley Reid wants next year?

I thought we could all use a break from wishing death upon our own club and wish some death upon someone else’s. Go Dees?

I vote we reinstate game day previews and Happy Days does them all.

Bulldog4life
23-03-2023, 02:27 AM
Wasn't that Easty 's domain?

bornadog
23-03-2023, 10:16 AM
Wasn't that Easty 's domain?

Nah, we use to have a different person each week write up a preview of the game.

Bulldog4life
23-03-2023, 02:16 PM
Nah, we use to have a different person each week write up a preview of the game.

My little joke.

jeemak
23-03-2023, 03:58 PM
Netflix menu enjoyer.......Best!

azabob
24-03-2023, 09:58 PM

Seconded

Happy Days
25-03-2023, 01:26 AM
Wow Brisbane looked good tonight. Sure feel bad for whoever has to play them next week.

bornadog
25-03-2023, 01:07 PM
Wow Brisbane looked good tonight. Sure feel bad for whoever has to play them next week.

Like Melbourne they prefer their home ground

Happy Days
06-04-2023, 10:21 PM
Tonight’s game posing the obvious question - just how good are the Western Bulldogs?

jeemak
06-04-2023, 11:25 PM
Tonight’s game posing the obvious question - just how good are the Western Bulldogs?

Clearly about seven goals better than Collingwood.

Danniher is a good player again too.

The footy world is all over the shop at present. It can't make its mind up.

bornadog
07-04-2023, 12:16 AM

Terry Wallace use to say the first 6 weeks are always different to the rest of the year

Happy Days
07-04-2023, 12:18 AM
Terry Wallace use to say the first 6 weeks are always different to the rest of the year

What did Terry Wheeler say about the first two weeks though?

jeemak
07-04-2023, 02:28 AM

The insanity and ferociousness of the media in the first six rounds is getting worse and worse each year. We were shit in 2017 but spare a thought for Sydney who were completely written off that year after losing their first six. The pile on was immense (well as much as it could be for Sydney given how honeydicked we're all supposed to be over them), and they ended up winning a final and going out in the semis.

Yeah, if you're shit in the first six rounds then you're a fair chance of being shit. But if you're OK and can sustain it to rounds 12-15 then a lot can happen.

The commentary around teams who are playing shit in rounds one and two this year has been so unreasonable. Perhaps that's what people want from AFL media and its associates, but to me watching them is like watching an uninformed dickhead throwing a betting slip away as the horses complete the straight for the first time in the Melbourne Cup.

1eyedog
07-04-2023, 08:38 AM

The Daniher / Hipwood fawning was very vurpy.

macca
08-04-2023, 08:45 PM

The best bit was Danniher shrugged the media off after the game and did not give any interviews. Good on him for giving the no comment.

Why doesn't the media report on the crap umpiring on the dissent rule, sht rule changes that is ruinning the game ? Yes the media coverage has just been getting poorer every year. Click bait news is dominating.

Happy Days
15-04-2023, 04:13 PM
Guys I don’t think we’re gonna be getting Harley Reid.

GVGjr
15-04-2023, 04:23 PM
Guys I don’t think we’re gonna be getting Harley Reid.

Yep, Highly unlikely.