PDA

View Full Version : We would instantly be a better team if...

hujsh
09-04-2023, 06:07 PM
We swapped Naughton and Bruce

hujsh
09-04-2023, 06:09 PM
And this is public no hiding behind anonymity here (aside from your anonymous forum account)

The Doctor
09-04-2023, 06:09 PM
if we had small forwards and midfielders who were wiling to defend

Grantysghost
09-04-2023, 06:13 PM
Yes.

Well.

Naughton back yes.

Bruce forward, better only because Naughton is back.

GVGjr
09-04-2023, 06:14 PM
We swapped Naughton and Bruce

I'm not against moving Bruce forward or Naughton back but right at this moment I'm not that keen to make any changes.
In 2021 we had an effective forward line with KPP in Bruce and Naughton playing alongside of each other. With Lobb's addition Bruce read the play and asked to be moved into defence.

AshMac
09-04-2023, 06:23 PM
- If we lowered our eyes kicking it inside 50
- if we spread from a contest and played on
- if we tried to use the corridor once or twice a game
- if we stopped gifting games because they are hard working battlers (just like Bevo was)

bulldogsthru&thru
09-04-2023, 06:46 PM
From the bits I've seen Bruce has looked decent in defence. He gets to the right spots. Disposal is a worry but so would be Naughtons. Bruce is only 4 games into the switch and I'm relatively happy with him so far.

EasternWest
09-04-2023, 07:17 PM
From the bits I've seen Bruce has looked decent in defence. He gets to the right spots. Disposal is a worry but so would be Naughtons. Bruce is only 4 games into the switch and I'm relatively happy with him so far.

Agree with every word of this.

Happy Days
09-04-2023, 07:21 PM
Yeah nah. Bruce has way outperformed expectations behind the ball and Naughton is by far our most reliable avenue to goal.

Naughton as a superstar defender is a myth.

hujsh
09-04-2023, 07:54 PM

TBH I think this is what makes it an interesting question. Bruce isn't the worst defender but he does have some shit moments TBH. We all say he has exceeded expectations but they were also pretty low expectations. There would be questions that needed answering if we did make the move but on paper I tend to lean towards it making us better maybe just a bit.

Also we never will make the move.

bornadog
09-04-2023, 08:37 PM
Yeah nah. Bruce has way outperformed expectations behind the ball and Naughton is by far our most reliable avenue to goal.

This ^^^^ all the way.

jazzadogs
09-04-2023, 11:23 PM

It's a myth in the same way that 'Australia would be better without Andrew Bolt' is a myth - unfortunately, neither have been given the opportunity to be proven right.

I think Naughton would be an unbelievable defender, but he has also finished top 10 in the Coleman for the last two years and Bruce is performing well so I am comfortable with the current setup.

As others have answered, we have bigger issues than Bruce and Naughton.

MrMahatma
10-04-2023, 06:59 AM
I reckon Astro would be more than capable of the regular kick from D50 straight to the oppo for a turn over goal.

Current set up is the best way to use these 2 guys I reckon.
Bruce’s goals never counted anyway.