PDA

View Full Version : 3 things learned from Rd6 vs Fremantle 2023

GVGjr
21-04-2023, 09:33 AM
You know the drill, please list 3 things that you learned from our round 6 clash vs Fremantle?

westdog54
22-04-2023, 12:00 AM
1. Our forward pressure is immense.
2. The league is spoiled for quality ruckmen at the moment.
3. Liam Jones has years left in him

ledge
22-04-2023, 12:14 AM
1 Liam jones is very good
2 Rory Lobb can be a big plus
3 Bont doing Bont things

bornadog
22-04-2023, 12:17 AM
1. When the mids are on fire we win

2. Liam Jones still has it in him - great acquisition

3. The three talls in the forward line are a real worry for other teams

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
22-04-2023, 12:20 AM
1. Our mids and forward's might've just finally learned how to communicate! The guys up forward moved to different areas, and the guys up field bringing the ball in, didn't go shallow and also didn't just bomb it, they put it to the advantage of our forwards more often than not.

2. Bailey William's might've just added some more coin to his free agency value. I hope we keep him.

3. Maybe not huge on the stat sheet, but I really thought JJ's game was his best for quite a while.

Danjul
22-04-2023, 12:25 AM
1. Our mids and forward's might've just finally learned how to communicate! The guys up forward moved to different areas, and the guys up field bringing the ball in, didn't go shallow and also didn't just bomb it, they put it to the advantage of our forwards more often than not.

2. Bailey William's might've just added some more coin to his free agency value. I hope we keep him.

3. Maybe not huge on the stat sheet, but I really thought JJ's game was his best for quite a while.

Very good win, but that suggests we will see a lot more.

westbulldog
22-04-2023, 12:39 AM
1. English is the best running ruckman in the comp.
2. McLean's career is at the crossroads.
3. One of these days Arthur Jones will light up a forward line.

AshMac
22-04-2023, 12:40 AM
1. Without Bont we look lost
2. We?re a better team than Freo
3. Good win, we should be 4-2

angelopetraglia
22-04-2023, 01:26 AM
1. Adam Treloar is a very good footballer. Off a limited preseason preparation he has been outstanding. It’s amazing what players can do when played in their natural positions.

2. A healthy and fit Bont is the best player in the comp. If plays like that we win a lot more than we lose. It’s a gift form God that we get to see him run around in the hoops every week.

3. We have dropped our heads and lost confidence many times when we fail to convert goals. I thought they would get a big run on after Lobb missed that goal and they went coast to coast to close the gap to three goals. However, we showed a lot of maturity to keep preserving even when we were not getting just reward to eventually get the results our midfield dominance deserved.

Happy Days
22-04-2023, 03:13 AM
1. What?s a game of chance to you to him is one of real skill. In the first game all year where our ball movement has looks on, Freo actually only ever looked good moving the ball on a turnover and seem like they have no idea how to do it from a set piece. Better them than us.

2. Hahahahahahah how is Rory Lobb bullying even real just close your eyes and walk away. Those Freo weirdsman turning their backs on him taking a shot at goal are probably the grimmest guys I?ve ever seen at the footy.

3. Marra isn?t Buddy he?s hotter Jack Gunston

Bumper Bulldogs
22-04-2023, 08:09 AM
1, we scored goals when we lead and kick to space. Not bomb it in to the goal square

2, Weightman is just so important to that guests line

1, We still need a goal kicking coach. I even settle for the forwards just practicing set shot kicking

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
22-04-2023, 08:53 AM
1. What?s a game of chance to you to him is one of real skill. In the first game all year where our ball movement has looks on, Freo actually only ever looked good moving the ball on a turnover and seem like they have no idea how to do it from a set piece. Better them than us.

2. Hahahahahahah how is Rory Lobb bullying even real just close your eyes and walk away. Those Freo weirdsman turning their backs on him taking a shot at goal are probably the grimmest guys I?ve ever seen at the footy.

3. Marra isn?t Buddy he?s hotter Jack Gunston

When you quote my favourite songwriter and one of my favourite songs, I gotta like!

Happy Days
22-04-2023, 10:31 AM
When you quote my favourite songwriter and one of my favourite songs, I gotta like!

NGL that was more for you to pick up than it was about the game.

HOSE B ROMERO
22-04-2023, 11:22 AM
1. When the whole team turn on and apply the squeeze, we are still a very good team.

2. Bontempelli is sublime. Trying to pick up the slack when he's off the ground is almost impossible.

3. Players must hate it when 'roving Brian' approaches their partner after the game. Last night JJ's didn't hold back when asked what she thought of his game. "... he plays well when played in his correct position." Oh dear.

Dogs 24/7
22-04-2023, 11:26 AM
1. Liam Jones is better than I can recall and all this hoo ha about player ages is wrong
2. Lobb has been disappointing. He missed goals and didnt compete like I hoped.
3. If that is what Bailey Williams is capable of I want more of it.

Bulldog4life
22-04-2023, 01:13 PM
1, we scored goals when we lead and kick to space. Not bomb it in to the goal square

2, Weightman is just so important to that guests line

1, We still need a goal kicking coach. I even settle for the forwards just practicing set shot kicking

Agree. When playing for Freo Lobb kicked most of his goals from leading. It is a matter of him and our on ballers creating successful synergy together. It seemed to work better last night except for Lobb's kicking.

Critter
22-04-2023, 02:53 PM
1. This game proved we can structure a potent forward line: Marra high, Lobb leading into the arc, Naughton deep and the Smalls beavering between and around defenders had Freo all at sea. And encouraged us to stop dumping the ball on forwards' heads.
2. Jones and Weightman complement each other with the forward pressure they bring to bear. Keep them together... and maybe add even more pace. McNeil?
3. Alex Keath's brain fades are too costly. Time for Gardner to return.

BornInDroopSt'54
22-04-2023, 03:19 PM
Agree. When playing for Freo Lobb kicked most of his goals from leading. It is a matter of him and our on ballers creating successful synergy together. It seemed to work better last night except for Lobb's kicking.

I felt I could tune into goal kickers' approach, body language and attitude last night.
Lobb seemed distracted, not centred in shots for goal, kick and see without real belief.
By contrast, Williams picked himself off the deck for his free with purpose all over his face. Like a golfer going through his trusted routine, he was oblivious to all except his routine in goal kicking and delivered.

Flamethrower
22-04-2023, 04:25 PM
1. I never realized that Fremantle held Rory Lobb in such high regard. To produce a special commemorative range of beer, have their best artists design signs for fans to show their appreciation for his distinguished career in purple, and even have a representative run on to the field to personally thank him for all he had done during the hugely successful era at the world famous Fremantle Football Club really brought a tear to the eye.

TEARS OF UNCONTROLLED LAUGHTER - What a laughingstock that football club is. Lobb is a journeyman and mercenary chasing the almighty dollar every few years, NOT an all-time club legend.

2. The overreaction from the Shocker players was just as bad. Pregame was boringly predictable. To still continue that garbage when the game is well and truly decided in the last quarter, allowing an opposition player (Adz) to casually stroll past and kick an easy goal was embarrassing.

3. When the Bulldog breed all know and play their roles, we are a well-oiled machine that can match up with anyone.

comrade
22-04-2023, 06:36 PM
1. This game proved we can structure a potent forward line: Marra high, Lobb leading into the arc, Naughton deep and the Smalls beavering between and around defenders had Freo all at sea. And encouraged us to stop dumping the ball on forwards' heads.
2. Jones and Weightman complement each other with the forward pressure they bring to bear. Keep them together... and maybe add even more pace. McNeil?
3. Alex Keath's brain fades are too costly. Time for Gardner to return.

I hope we continue to persist with the 3 talls up forward. It’ll eventually click and be very difficult for opposition sides to match up on. I haven’t seen enough footy this season to know if it’s a coincidence or not, but with a genuine 2nd ruck in the side, we’re also seeing English go to another level.

Last week’s fade out is pretty annoying. 4-2 with the fixture we’ve had looks so much better than 3-3 but fingers crossed we can click and go on a run now.

westdog54
22-04-2023, 06:42 PM
1. I never realized that Fremantle held Rory Lobb in such high regard. To produce a special commemorative range of beer, have their best artists design signs for fans to show their appreciation for his distinguished career in purple, and even have a representative run on to the field to personally thank him for all he had done during the hugely successful era at the world famous Fremantle Football Club really brought a tear to the eye.

TEARS OF UNCONTROLLED LAUGHTER - What a laughingstock that football club is. Lobb is a journeyman and mercenary chasing the almighty dollar every few years, NOT an all-time club legend.

2. The overreaction from the Shocker players was just as bad. Pregame was boringly predictable. To still continue that garbage when the game is well and truly decided in the last quarter, allowing an opposition player (Adz) to casually stroll past and kick an easy goal was embarrassing.

3. When the Bulldog breed all know and play their roles, we are a well-oiled machine that can match up with anyone.

It just gave him licence to sunk the boots in when it all went pear shaped for them. They've come out of this looking ridiculous.

hujsh
22-04-2023, 07:08 PM
I hope we continue to persist with the 3 talls up forward. It?ll eventually click and be very difficult for opposition sides to match up on. I haven?t seen enough footy this season to know if it?s a coincidence or not, but with a genuine 2nd ruck in the side, we?re also seeing English go to another level.

Last week?s fade out is pretty annoying. 4-2 with the fixture we?ve had looks so much better than 3-3 but fingers crossed we can click and go on a run now.

3 talls with Marra and Naughton's pressure is a potentially great balance. Darcy and Lobb are just too lumbering to both be down there unless form really demands it.