St Kilda playing Melbourne is great for us

Bulldog Joe
05-07-2023, 05:58 PM
St Kilda playing Melbourne is great for us

Can we get them too play a draw?

macca
05-07-2023, 10:57 PM
Can we get them too play a draw?

there could be good odds on that. Ross Lyon style of play could grind down Melbourne.

I do hope St Kilda win , so melb drop their bundle and fall out of the top 4.

bornadog
06-07-2023, 09:41 PM
Nankervis reported

Prince Imperial
06-07-2023, 11:15 PM
Nankervis reported

Will get 3 matches and be back to play us. Just like De Goey.

hujsh
06-07-2023, 11:19 PM
Can't get a read on Swans or Richmond

ledge
06-07-2023, 11:39 PM

Don’t think either will make it .if any change it will be Geelong.

EasternWest
06-07-2023, 11:44 PM

I think the Tigers will get up by 13 points at the death.

Grantysghost
08-07-2023, 09:33 PM
Zaine Cordy out with concussion.

Kneed in the head by May taking a hanger on him.

Karma you be-ach!

westdog54
08-07-2023, 10:21 PM
Nankervis reported

And again excuses will be found why there shouldn't be a send off rule.

bornadog
08-07-2023, 11:45 PM
And again excuses will be found why there shouldn't be a send off rule.

The only reason there shouldn't be a send off rule is I don't trust the umpires one bit to get it right

Grantysghost
09-07-2023, 05:26 PM
Wow the Dons look amazing.

The next two weeks are going to be very tough.

bornadog
09-07-2023, 05:52 PM
Wow the Dons look amazing.

The next two weeks are going to be very tough.

or adelaide look ordinary

1eyedog
09-07-2023, 05:57 PM
Essendon are going to be a huge challenge. The Cows are decent, their pressure has been ok and they're hitting the scoreboard but Essendon are highly skilled and fast. Very Collingwood-like the way they move the ball just not as clean and fluid across half back.

Grantysghost
09-07-2023, 06:47 PM
Essendon are going to be a huge challenge. The Cows are decent, their pressure has been ok and they're hitting the scoreboard but Essendon are highly skilled and fast. Very Collingwood-like the way they move the ball just not as clean and fluid across half back.

Yes agree. They don't like kicking to the zone on the wing. They either run to kick passed it or use the corridor.
I like Hobbs.

Grantysghost
09-07-2023, 06:49 PM
or adelaide look ordinary

They all but beat Port last week. I'm sensing a struggle to stay in the 8.
I'm proud of the fight v the pies, truth is unfortunately we were smashed when it mattered.
Freo form not looking super flash now either.

Will take our best.

mjp
09-07-2023, 07:03 PM
I'm proud of the fight v the pies, truth is unfortunately we were smashed when it mattered.

Is that what happened though?

I have heard this consistently but didn't see it that way. If ever there was a day to lament goal kicking this was it...all the talk about consecutive goals...sure. But that was when we missed some absolute sodas (yep, Bont, I'm looking at you) and it completely killed us and energised them.

We're better than Essendon for goodness sake.

Grantysghost
09-07-2023, 07:08 PM

I have heard this consistently but didn't see it that way. If ever there was a day to lament goal kicking this was it...all the talk about consecutive goals...sure. But that was when we missed some absolute sodas (yep, Bont, I'm looking at you) and it completely killed us and energised them.

It was 87-30 when it mattered at one point (0-19 to 87-49).

Missing goals to me is just like missing a 20 metre kick, means you aren't good enough on the night.

It was no surprise it's where we are at. I get we generated the scores however it's a bit like if we were better we would've been better.

Did you catch the Dons today playing electric footy.

jeemak
09-07-2023, 11:21 PM
Adelaide have been terrible on the road, and carried that form through the first half today. Five goals to eight against in the second half, albeit in a three goal win is the type of thing that would make us question our own form and I don't see why Essendon should be any different.

Grantysghost
09-07-2023, 11:25 PM
Adelaide have been terrible on the road, and carried that form through the first half today. Five goals to eight against in the second half, albeit in a three goal win is the type of thing that would make us question our own form and I don't see why Essendon should be any different.

They just got done by the Pies at the G by 2 points (Crowbots) if my memory serves.

ledge
09-07-2023, 11:37 PM
Essendon were extremely quick on the rebound , much like Collingwood, it’s a style we don’t like to play against, but in saying that it seemed Adelaide went in with a shoot out mentality and their defence was non existent.
I think we can hold up against Essendon with our forward line.
We Also like to give mediocre forwards a bag of goals against us (Wright)

jeemak
09-07-2023, 11:41 PM
They just got done by the Pies at the G by 2 points (Crowbots) if my memory serves.

I meant more in terms of win loss, but yes, they did play well against the Pies last week.

Grantysghost
10-07-2023, 07:54 AM
I meant more in terms of win loss, but yes, they did play well against the Pies last week.

To back up your point they are 1-6 away from Adelaide.
They beat Port as the away side in Rd 3.

G-Mo77
10-07-2023, 09:16 AM

Are we though? These teams have caught up and will overtake us soon, if they haven't already.

Jasper
10-07-2023, 09:33 AM

Well we will know in 2 weeks if that theory holds up. On paper we are a vastly better side but the ladder is saying otherwise after a large part of the season has been completed.

Grantysghost
10-07-2023, 09:56 AM
Are we though? These teams have caught up and will overtake us soon, if they haven't already.

Agree the Dons are a finely tuned machine at the moment.

https://twitter.com/7afl/status/1677950447590465536?s=61&t=E1CzE7pYrPhIkbYYDCULaA

EasternWest
10-07-2023, 10:16 AM

https://twitter.com/7afl/status/1677950447590465536?s=61&t=E1CzE7pYrPhIkbYYDCULaA

Leon Husk doesn't let non acolytes look. Is there a direct link?

bornadog
10-07-2023, 10:32 AM

It's just a GIF of Scott working two phones

hujsh
10-07-2023, 10:49 AM

I guess they don't need to scrape for bots or whatever BS anymore because I can see it now

Grantysghost
10-07-2023, 10:50 AM
It's just a GIF of Scott working two phones

You didn't give it the credit it deserves!

bornadog
10-07-2023, 10:59 AM
You didn't give it the credit it deserves!

It is funny

Grantysghost
10-07-2023, 11:03 AM

I think that's been lifted. Probably scared of Threads taking over. It's kind of lost it's comedic appeal with all this back and forth! :)

bornadog
10-07-2023, 11:06 AM
I think that's been lifted. Probably scared of Threads taking over. It's kind of lost it's comedic appeal with all this back and forth! :)

Scott brothers are so emotional when coaching. In some ways I don't mind seeing a passionate coach, but in other ways, they shouldn't act like supporters do

ledge
10-07-2023, 01:58 PM
Scott brothers are so emotional when coaching. In some ways I don't mind seeing a passionate coach, but in other ways, they shouldn't act like supporters do

They act like supporters for different reasons . Supporters get emotional over the obvious . Coaches get emotional over the 1% ers that a supporter wouldn’t even see.
Supporters look at stats , coaches look to see if a player is doing his role. A coach will reward a player who didn’t get a kick all day but kept his opposition player out of the game .
A supporter will get emotional over the player not getting a kick and tell you how bad they were .