PDA

View Full Version : The Moment: Rnd 11, 2023 vs Gold Coast

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
27-05-2023, 06:46 PM
The moment, the best, most courageous moment that caught your eye in tonight's game against Gold Coast. Was it the moment that told you 'we've got this' or 'we lost this one right here'? Or was it the moment that you went 'wow....that is crazy courage'

Or was it a collection of moments that you thought 'oh dear that's sure to produce a flood of WOOF melts on par with GG's post GF loss..

BornInDroopSt'54
27-05-2023, 11:14 PM
Naughton's goal that wasn't last minutes.

chef
27-05-2023, 11:15 PM
The whole 2nd quarter.

bulldogtragic
27-05-2023, 11:16 PM
Naughton's goal that wasn't last minutes.

It hit the flag. It’s a behind. His first behind on the other hand.

Grantysghost
27-05-2023, 11:24 PM
Two : The Naughton miss to coast to coast in first.

The panic kick out down the middle in the last with the game on the line that led to winning goal

Scorlibo
27-05-2023, 11:26 PM
Weightman's flop and goal to get us within one point. Made me realise that the only way we were kicking goals was with the help of the umpires, and our luck would run out.

macca
27-05-2023, 11:26 PM
The whole 2nd quarter.

Agreed, all of our worst traits reared its ugle head.
Crap midfield pressure
Terrible kicking for goal 4 shots in front got sprayed
Letting team run on for 5 unanswered goals.

these are the games we should be winning .

bulldogsthru&thru
27-05-2023, 11:33 PM
Naughtons miss in the 1st to put us 26 up. Instead gc go on a 8 goal to 1 run.

KT31
27-05-2023, 11:36 PM
Naughtons miss in the 1st to put us 26 up. Instead gc go on a 8 goal to 1 run.

This for me, also add Naughton showing more concern for his hair and headband than the footy.
The lad needs to be told to get a haircut.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
27-05-2023, 11:38 PM
Two : The Naughton miss to coast to coast in first.

The panic kick out down the middle in the last with the game on the line that led to winning goal

Yep. That's be my two, and in that order.

We go 4 goals up, and I think it just solidifies the mood of the game at that point, and I suspect we might've seen goals 5 and 6 in short order afterwards.

Instead they go down the other end, and I think it's ends up with King missing, but they then scored soon after and it took the whole momentum away.

And the second moment, I really don't know why O'Brien chose to go long down the middle at that stage. There was still ample time left to use our normal mode, and not try and bite off the hail mary as if there is only 25 seconds left.

macca
27-05-2023, 11:44 PM
Yep. That's be my two, and in that order.

We go 4 goals up, and I think it just solidifies the mood of the game at that point, and I suspect we might've seen goals 5 and 6 in short order afterwards.

Instead they go down the other end, and I think it's ends up with King missing, but they then scored soon after and it took the whole momentum away.

And the second moment, I really don't know why O'Brien chose to go long down the middle at that stage. There was still ample time left to use our normal mode, and not try and bite off the hail mary as if there is only 25 seconds left.

the kick was long into the middle of the ground, but the issue I had was it was to no- one in our team!

so I don't know if I should be critical of the kick, or team mates not setting up for the mark.

We need to have setup like Brisbane last year when they had:
McInterney/McStay/Andrews and Fort/Fullerton being the marker of the kickout .

SonofScray
27-05-2023, 11:48 PM
Tim O’Vrien taking a kick in with 2:30 left and rushing a kick straight up the guts to wards Witts.

The bulldog tragician
28-05-2023, 01:06 AM
Tim O’Vrien taking a kick in with 2:30 left and rushing a kick straight up the guts to wards Witts.

That’s mine too. We had momentum, and run. It’s the play you do with 30 seconds to go. Not sure why he rather than Dale took the kick in the first place.

jeemak
28-05-2023, 01:26 AM
Bailey Dale going short and straight in the first with only a few seconds on the clock. They goaled and were straight in it when they shouldn't have been. Deflating.

Funke disco
28-05-2023, 02:32 AM
When we smothered the ball twice in one play, first Arthur Jones in our attacking 50 for the ball to eventually ricochet forward for gold coast and then English seconds after where it rebounded back into the arms of the gold coast kicker he kicked it forward and eventually led to a goal for them. Such a frustrating game

DOG GOD
28-05-2023, 11:15 AM
Naughtons 1st miss.

Dancin' Douggy
28-05-2023, 11:23 AM
When the siren sounded in the Melbourne v Freo game meaning fourth spot was there for the taking. That's when I knew we would lose.

Bullies
28-05-2023, 03:21 PM
When we kicked the first 3 goals of the game in 7 minutes. Players thought how is easy this.

bulldogtragic
28-05-2023, 03:25 PM
Shout out for Dale. Kick in with 12 seconds to go in the first and decides for a quick play and turnover handing them a goal after the siren. In a 7 point game, that gift of 6 points was truly dumb.

AshMac
28-05-2023, 05:30 PM
When the siren sounded in the Melbourne v Freo game meaning fourth spot was there for the taking. That's when I knew we would lose.

It hurts how accurate this is

merantau
28-05-2023, 07:09 PM
There were many moments as has been pointed out.

One that sticks in my craw was deep in the last, about 50mt out. The ball came in, two of our blokes went for the mark, both fell over. One of theirs scooped up the spoils, waltzed in and kicked a goal.

I shouldn't have written this as I want to erase the incident from my memory drive.