PDA

View Full Version : The Moment: Rnd 12, 2023 vs Geelong

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
02-06-2023, 09:50 PM
The moment, the best, most courageous moment that caught your eye in tonight's game against Geelong. Was it the moment that told you 'we've got this' or 'we lost this one right here'? Or was it the moment that you went 'wow....that is crazy courage'

Or was it a collection of moments that you thought 'oh dear that's sure to produce a flood of WOOF melts on par with GG's post GF loss..

bulldogtragic
03-06-2023, 10:41 PM
Bonts miss.
English miss.
McNeil miss.

macca
03-06-2023, 11:29 PM
Bonts miss.
English miss.
McNeil miss.

Lobb miss
William Miss

thats 5 goals ?

The Bulldogs Bite
03-06-2023, 11:31 PM
The moment the fixture was announced and we were set to play Geelong on June 3.

bulldogtragic
03-06-2023, 11:31 PM
Lobb miss
William Miss

thats 5 goals ?

Williams 3 misses.

We refuse to improve. And wonder why we don’t improve. Why????

macca
03-06-2023, 11:36 PM
they probably rested Dangerfiled this week, as they knew we would choke.

JanLorMill
03-06-2023, 11:44 PM
The moment is The night the afl fixtures us against Geelong

jeemak
03-06-2023, 11:48 PM
Outside of the abovementioned, one thing that really got me annoyed was Weightman not taking responsibility for nailing a goal in the last and doing the "unselfish" thing by going short.

He's a small forward, he should eat those shots for breakfast.

Grantysghost
03-06-2023, 11:51 PM
When no one pushed up to man Stewart. We just looked at him and thought : isn't it nice to leave the best intercept defender in the game on his own all night.
Right. In. The. Way.

westbulldog
03-06-2023, 11:51 PM
3 1/2 minutes to go in the 3rd quarter and McNeil misses from what, 25m out ? Add to that 1 kick and 5 handballs. Our selection committee is on another planet picking this bloke.

Bullies
04-06-2023, 12:17 AM
When no one pushed up to man Stewart. We just looked at him and thought : isn't it nice to leave the best intercept defender in the game on his own all night.
Right. In. The. Way. I actually thought that was one of the reasons JOD played was to play on Stewart.

angelopetraglia
04-06-2023, 12:24 AM
We were 11 points up. We had all the momentum. They looked shot. We just need to ensure no easy looks for them. Play hard footy. Take our chances.

Libba does a Hail Mary handball to try and find Treloar in the middle. He handballs looping and backwards. It goes no where near him. Geelong snatch and go out the back and off to the races for an easy turnover goal.

After that moment we didn't kick another goal for the game. They kicked six goals in a row from the Libba Hail Mary. It reminded me of the Bailey Smith intercepted handball that started Melbourne's run in the 2021 Grand Final.

Grantysghost
04-06-2023, 12:31 AM
We were 11 points up. We had all the momentum. They looked shot. We just need to ensure no easy looks for them. Play hard footy. Take our chances.

Libba does a Hail Mary handball to try and find Treloar in the middle. He handballs looping and backwards. It goes no where near him. Geelong snatch and go out the back and off to the races for an easy turnover goal.

After that moment we didn't kick another goal for the game. They kicked six goals in a row from the Libba Hail Mary. It reminded me of the Bailey Smith intercepted handball that started Melbourne's run in the 2021 Grand Final.

2.8 v 7.2 after half time.

Grim conversion.

SonofScray
04-06-2023, 01:15 AM
Goal after the siren. Red time goals are killing us.

Scorlibo
04-06-2023, 01:24 AM
Bont's set shot miss from straight in front. He'd already missed a very gettable shot earlier in the game. This one was to send us two goals up with all the momentum, routine shot, yet somehow it always felt like he'd miss. On a night where we squandered our opportunities in front of goal, the skipper lead by example.

josie
04-06-2023, 01:35 AM
Bont's set shot miss from straight in front. He'd already missed a very gettable shot earlier in the game. This one was to send us two goals up with all the momentum, routine shot, yet somehow it always felt like he'd miss. On a night where we squandered our opportunities in front of goal, the skipper lead by example.

Same for me. Bont is a wonderful player and we all love him but for me he misses too many gettable goals to be considered a great player. He was way more accurate in his early years. Deflating when your captain misses a clutch goal.

jeemak
04-06-2023, 01:59 AM
If poor goal kicking's good enough to knock Chris Grant down a few pegs in discussions around our best player, then it's good enough for Bont.

It's just so frustrating watching him burn so many chances.

Mantis
04-06-2023, 07:26 AM

Yep, felt like for the first 3 quarters that all we had to do was get 2 & 1/2 goals clear and we would break them, but when we had opportunities to do so we would miss and then through our errors in both skill and discipline would gift them a goal to keep them in striking distance.

Bonts miss was awful for such a highly skilled player, his field kicking in the night was so far above his team mates it wasn?t funny, but he missed 2 very get table shots, which he seems to do every week?. Just to rub it in the WB Insta stories goes with the Trademark ?Walk off? when Bont kicks a round the corner drop punt that splits the middle after the warm up? can you run with the trademark ?Expected? when he misses another sitter which costs us a chance to win next time?

merantau
04-06-2023, 08:09 AM
All of the above. Heart breaking really. Bont is tarnishing his legacy and our collective record of deplorable misses abd red time goals is unassailable.

We are the masters of "selfinflicteditis".

Grantysghost
04-06-2023, 09:05 AM
If poor goal kicking's good enough to knock Chris Grant down a few pegs in discussions around our best player, then it's good enough for Bont.

It's just so frustrating watching him burn so many chances.

Misses left every time. Aim right post. I used to do the same, it works I just aimed for the inside of the right post.

He's another in the looks like a good kick but isn't.

Caleb and Libba are the gold standard.

The Bulldogs Bite
04-06-2023, 09:47 AM
I said it last week. Bont is elite, but the narrative about him being our best ever needs to be shelved. He has the ability - clearly - and like all of the best players (Dusty springs to mind every time), he routinely gets opportunities to kick very important goals but can't execute.

Scorlibo
04-06-2023, 09:47 AM
Misses left every time. Aim right post. I used to do the same, it works I just aimed for the inside of the right post.

He's another in the looks like a good kick but isn't.

Caleb and Libba are the gold standard.

I reckon he gets too close to the man on the mark to go with his natural kicking trajectory - low and hard. Missing left as a left footer or right as a right footer indicates leaning back at the point of connection. I'd like to see him get more momentum behind himself and kick from further behind the mark. It's not like distance is an issue.

The Bulldogs Bite
04-06-2023, 10:07 AM
The fact he misses in a similar way every time points to not practicing the skill enough. I'd be happy to see Bont try the snap like Cameron does from set shots if it means that's what he's put time into.

But clearly it hasn't been a priority for him or the club to improve because it's been an issue for a long time.

DOG GOD
04-06-2023, 10:18 AM
Bonts miss

Boots
04-06-2023, 11:22 AM
The moment for me was when I noticed how easily they were scoring off turnover. Can’t remember which one but I posted about it in the match day thread. It was q2. Once I saw that I realised we were done.

kruder
04-06-2023, 11:42 AM
The moment for me was when I noticed how easily they were scoring off turnover. Can’t remember which one but I posted about it in the match day thread. It was q2. Once I saw that I realised we were done.

Yep bang on, it was the 2022 bulldogs all over again.

KT31
04-06-2023, 11:56 AM
When we were level pegging at 3/4 time after playing in Darwin last week.

GVGjr
04-06-2023, 12:15 PM
I thought the moment was going to be Edwardo Richardo's long goal which was a thing of beauty plus I had high hopes for Treloar and Orders long goal but sadly in a heart breaking loss the moments are more focused on the goal kicking misses and what might have been.