PDA

View Full Version : 3 things learned from Rd14 vs North Melbourne 2023

GVGjr
18-06-2023, 09:30 AM
Please list the 3 new things you learned from our round 14 match up against North Melbourne

bulldogtragic
18-06-2023, 08:05 PM
1. Naughton in defence is better for defence
2. Naughton in defence makes our forward line amazing
3. Naughton in defence was the move for the win

Bullies
18-06-2023, 08:40 PM
1. We miss Ed and JJ down back.
2. Over us picking up fringe players like Baker/Hannan and continuously playing them when they are not up to it.
3. Keath was cooked at the end of last year and even more so now.

Dry Rot
18-06-2023, 09:11 PM
1. Our defence looks very unhappy without Jones playing

2. Our defence looks unhappy with Keath playing

3. Naughton looks unhappy playing in defence

westbulldog
18-06-2023, 09:45 PM
1. We miss Richards and JJ.
2. You can freely kick in danger, break someone's forearm and not suffer any penalty.
3. Our bottom 4 or 5 will have to play out of their skins if we are to beat the shockers.

angelopetraglia
18-06-2023, 10:24 PM
1. We leak like a sieve on the turnover. They kicked 13 goals from only 36 inside 50s for the game.

2. Besides Weightman, we still can't kick for goal. 15.15. It should have been a 10 goal winning margin tonight.

3. I still think we all don't appreciate how good Bont is. Just another standard Bont game tonight. 32 touches. Three goals. 11 tackles. 6 centre clearances. 18 contested possessions. He is a freak.

Flamethrower
18-06-2023, 11:16 PM
1. Kicking in danger is no longer a free kick, even if it breaks an arm. North player must be suspended for that.

2. North are a lot better than their ladder position

3. My daughter and Harry Sheezel are 4th cousins. Already knew that my MIL and Harry's mum were good friends and go to the same synagogue.

Mofra
18-06-2023, 11:22 PM
1. Anthony Scott's aerial game has improved markedly.
2. Weightman. When he's on, he's on big time.
3. We're just not going to have a settled backline this year, through form and injury

SonofScray
19-06-2023, 12:18 AM
1. Four umpire system has made things worse. They’ve instigated the bystander effect.

2. Remembered, more than learned, 440 Sunday is an elephant graveyard.

3. Kicking in danger came breaking an arm is no big deal.

josie
19-06-2023, 12:39 AM
1. Kicking in danger is no longer a free kick, even if it breaks an arm. North player must be suspended for that.

2. North are a lot better than their ladder position

3. My daughter and Harry Sheezel are 4th cousins. Already knew that my MIL and Harry's mum were good friends and go to the same synagogue.

So Sheezel to dogs a cert then !! Beaut.

Scorlibo
19-06-2023, 12:52 AM
1. West and Hannan can offer value in the back half of the season. Hannan gave a good contest on a number of occasions and spread North's defence with his movement. West's wrecking ball style pressure is great to watch when it works, only wish he could be more of a one touch player.

2. (Reinforced learning) the complexity of the AFL's rulebook, and refusal to eradicate grey areas, means that the umpires have to focus their attention on particular rules, at the expense of others. I can't remember the last time that kicking in danger was paid, and tonight we see the result of that lapse in attention.

3. Duryea and Keath are nearing the end. Can we fill in the blanks before the sun sets on Dad's Army down back? Busslinger and O'Donnell seem a few years away, we might need to go searching at the trade table.

angelopetraglia
19-06-2023, 12:58 AM
1. West and Hannan can offer value in the back half of the season. Hannan gave a good contest on a number of occasions and spread North's defence with his movement. West's wrecking ball style pressure is great to watch when it works, only wish he could be more of a one touch player.

2. (Reinforced learning) the complexity of the AFL's rulebook, and refusal to eradicate grey areas, means that the umpires have to focus their attention on particular rules, at the expense of others. I can't remember the last time that kicking in danger was paid, and tonight we see the result of that lapse in attention.

3. Duryea and Keath are nearing the end. Can we fill in the blanks before the sun sets on Dad's Army down back? Busslinger and O'Donnell seem a few years away, we might need to go searching at the trade table.

Could not agree more strongly. When I was growing up playing the game, this type of act was never, ever tolerated. Kicking like that was seen as more of a dog act than striking.

AshMac
19-06-2023, 08:50 AM
1. So much space in our forward line after quarter time with naughton down back. Players leading to space and obvious choices for our mids to kick to

2. Against the 17th best team in an 18 team competition we use the corridor to transition the ball

3. There is nothing better than watching Bont in beast mode live.

bornadog
19-06-2023, 10:25 AM

The other rule out the door is legging, ie tackling below the knees.

MrMahatma
19-06-2023, 02:34 PM
1. Bailey Dale is still a jet.
2. Marra & Cody could be our best 2 forwards and will hurt teams when it all clicks.
3. Bont was amazing and I think I take him for granted. I'm sorry. We're so lucky he's ours.

bornadog
19-06-2023, 02:41 PM
1. Haven't seen a game for weeks and I was surprised no enthusiasm shown by players - except Cody. They looked flat.

2. Cody is a star

3. Backline is being decimated - 3rd player to go down that was part of strong defense from game 3 to 10

AshMac
19-06-2023, 02:41 PM
1. Bailey Dale is still a jet.

I thought his line breaking and kicking out of defence was very good. Anything forward of the centre circle was horrendous yesterday I thought

hujsh
19-06-2023, 02:49 PM
1. Haven't seen a game for weeks and I was surprised no enthusiasm shown by players - except Cody. They looked flat.

2. Cody is a star

3. Backline is being decimated - 3rd player to go down that was part of strong defense from game 3 to 10

I think they need the break and to some extent have since Darwin. The physical toll combined with three losses that could/should have been wins has to be draining. Hopefully see some pep in their step post bye (would love to see Bont moving at his best again)

Sedat
19-06-2023, 02:56 PM
I think they need the break and to some extent have since Darwin. The physical toll combined with three losses that could/should have been wins has to be draining. Hopefully see some pep in their step post bye (would love to see Bont moving at his best again)
Really only the Geelong loss was inexcusable (if not utterly predictable). If we turned at the bye 9-5 that would have been a good position to launch at the 2nd half of the year. As it is, 8-6 with everyone around and below us crapping the bed this week is still a reasonable position.

I'm expecting us to really hit the ground running post-bye.

angelopetraglia
19-06-2023, 03:44 PM
Really only the Geelong loss was inexcusable (if not utterly predictable). If we turned at the bye 9-5 that would have been a good position to launch at the 2nd half of the year. As it is, 8-6 with everyone around and below us crapping the bed this week is still a reasonable position.

I'm expecting us to really hit the ground running post-bye.

No team has won a game yet coming off the bye (playing a team that didn't have the bye that is). Hopefully we come ready to play against Freo.

AshMac
19-06-2023, 05:41 PM
No team has won a game yet coming off the bye (playing a team that didn't have the bye that is). Hopefully we come ready to play against Freo.

Still don?t understand why we didn?t have the bye after Darwin. Do you think the AFL doesn?t prioritise our seasons as highly as Carlton, Collingwood, Richmond or Essendon?

Bulldog Joe
20-06-2023, 02:36 PM
Still don?t understand why we didn?t have the bye after Darwin. Do you think the AFL doesn?t prioritise our seasons as highly as Carlton, Collingwood, Richmond or Essendon?

I firmly believe that the AFL do prioritise our season.

It works like this.

1.What time frames/breaks between games are most difficult?
2. How can we get Western Bulldogs into those slots?
3. After we sort that the other teams should be easier to schedule.

FrediKanoute
21-06-2023, 12:03 AM
1) Cody is a real excitement machine - type of player you pay to see;
2) West is a footballer who should be in the team. What he lacks in possessions he makes up for in his physicality and his use of the footy. He is a better footballer than McNeil, McComb, Hannan etc
3) The Bont is amazing

AshMac
23-06-2023, 10:47 PM
I firmly believe that the AFL do prioritise our season.

It works like this.

1.What time frames/breaks between games are most difficult?
2. How can we get Western Bulldogs into those slots?
3. After we sort that the other teams should be easier to schedule.

Haha. Immediate after that they pencil us in for a trip to GMHBA.