PDA

View Full Version : 3 things learned from Rd16 vs Fremantle Dockers 2023

GVGjr
29-06-2023, 04:48 PM
Please list the 3 new things you learned from our clash with Fremantle.

GVGjr
01-07-2023, 04:39 PM
Bump

bulldogtragic
01-07-2023, 04:45 PM
1. Lobb could be dropped
2. Defending McNeil on our list of in our team is crazy
3. We desperately need some injured players back

BornInDroopSt'54
01-07-2023, 07:11 PM
B
Following only WOOF on game day, you were all I had plus scores cos we don't do them
Jamarra is growing
We are growing, will make finals and could well get better
Treloar is a banker and if we get another gun Italian player, we are guranteed of mafia backing.
A
Our weaker players
Not being able to see the game (taking care of business).

bornadog
01-07-2023, 07:12 PM
B
Following only WOOF on game day, you were all I had plus scores cos we don't do them
Jamarra is growing
We are growing, will make finals and could well get better
Treloar is a banker and if we get another gun Italian player, we are guranteed of mafia backing.
A
Our weaker players
Not being able to see the game (taking care of business).

wrong Thread?

azabob
01-07-2023, 07:15 PM
1. This is now Ugle-Hagan forward line.
2. Caleb Daniel is underrated. His game today was bloody good. Has been thrown all over the place and just gets the job done.
3. Kudos Jack Macrae he is taking his medicine and is doing what the team needs him to do. I didn’t think he had it in him.

bornadog
1. Great fighting spirit to hit back after being headed in the last
2. Bevo changing it up with three talls rarely all in the F50 today at the same time. I think it is working better.
3. Backline holding up and restricting freo to 73 points - yes they made mistakes but these blokes haven't played together as a back 6/7 before.

bulldogtragic
wrong Thread?

Today is apparently post in whatever thread day you want, started by GVGjr himself! :D

Hope Steve Smith kicks on, while I catch up on Barry which I’m currently watching (no spoilers).

azabob
01-07-2023, 07:18 PM
1. Great fighting spirit to hit back after being headed in the last
2. Bevo changing it up with three talls rarely all in the F50 today at the same time. I think it is working better.
3. Backline holding up and restricting freo to 73 points - yes they made mistakes but these blokes haven't played together as a back 6/7 before.

I was about to add a fourth to mine but credit to the coaching team for starting Lobb in the bench. It seemed they had a plan to ruck Lobb more rather than provide a chop out.

bornadog
01-07-2023, 07:19 PM
I was about to add a fourth to mine but credit to the coaching team for starting Lobb in the bench. It seemed they had a plan to ruck Lobb more rather than provide a chop out.

Also did the same v North

The Bulldogs Bite
01-07-2023, 07:28 PM
1. JUH is taking some big steps forward. Routinely finding 10+ possessions and having 3+ shots on goal. If he can tidy up his decision making and goal kicking, he's not far off being a top forward in the game.

2. We can kick straight! 7 in the last made for great viewing. Feels like a long time since we've piled on the goals like that.

3. Fyfe might be done. Looked a shadow of himself which was sad to see, been a warrior.

BornInDroopSt'54
01-07-2023, 07:31 PM
wrong Thread?

I ruined my gems :)

EasternWest
01-07-2023, 07:54 PM
Today is apparently post in whatever thread day you wan.

Good because I'd wanted to ask a bunch of questions about our players contract status but there's nowhere dedicated to do it.

I ruined my gems :)

We love you anyway.

I only saw first and last quarter today (because I was walking my neighbours visiting dog, which is my actual happy place) but here's three for me anyway.

3. Why isn't Marra being hyped up everywhere? Don't get me wrong I'm happy to not read puff pieces pumping him up (hello, package/Ablett senior) as they only lead to disappointment, but Marra is like, legitimately a gun. He has some things still to work out but he's actually incredible. Plus he's got a great work ethic, he's an awesome public speaker and he is kinda dreamy.

2. I love Cody Weightman. I already kinda knew it, but he's just so good. When Westy slipped him that sweet handball in the fourth, Cody made sure to single Westy out almost before celebrating himself. For a young player on the fringes to get that kind of recognition from one of our guns is so important.

1. Marra's a gun. Bears repeating.

josie
01-07-2023, 07:57 PM
1. Lobb could be dropped
2. Defending McNeil on our list of in our team is crazy
3. We desperately need some injured players back

I’ll have to look at replay again. I thought Lobb as backup ruckman was pretty good today and that 50m + goal - what a beauty. Laid a decent tackle too. Also though McNeil although not great did a few nice pressure acts & a goal - needs to get more of it though and when you are that small unless you as skilful as say Caleb you have to have more in your kit bag eg fewer fumbles (he and Hannan drive me nuts with this - A for effort and F for repeated fumbling).

The bulldog tragician
01-07-2023, 08:06 PM
Today is apparently post in whatever thread day you want, started by GVGjr himself! :D

Hope Steve Smith kicks on, while I catch up on Barry which I’m currently watching (no spoilers).
I thought it was Bevo’s versatility, keep-em-guessing mantra finally seeping through.

AshMac
01-07-2023, 08:30 PM
1. West is now the permanent replacement for McNeils spot. Hannan also goes
2. Tickling horrendous today - so many players slipped out
3. Forward line is still very busy w naughton in it

Dry Rot
01-07-2023, 08:40 PM
1. Still not sure about English vs the gorilla ruckmen

2. JOD has some potential

3. Freo does not know how to use Jackson

hujsh
01-07-2023, 08:44 PM

teehee

EasternWest
01-07-2023, 08:44 PM

I'm not sure we should be so judgemental. What the boys do at their slumber parties is their business.

whythelongface
01-07-2023, 08:47 PM
I?ll have to look at replay again. I thought Lobb as backup ruckman was pretty good today and that 50m + goal - what a beauty. Laid a decent tackle too. Also though McNeil although not great did a few nice pressure acts & a goal - needs to get more of it though and when you are that small unless you as skilful as say Caleb you have to have more in your kit bag eg fewer fumbles (he and Hannan drive me nuts with this - A for effort and F for repeated fumbling).

Thought Lobb did well in the ruck. Just want him to get more involved. Seems lacklustre at times.
McNeill I thought was pretty good as well. Good pressure acts and tackling. He does need to hit the scoreboard more.

AshMac
01-07-2023, 09:10 PM
teehee

Haha. Not going to correct that. I stand by it!

GVGjr
01-07-2023, 09:11 PM
1 - We mythbusted the whole issue of how byes impact teams.
2 - Freo are a dead boring team to watch. Thank goodness for some brilliant marking from Marra.
3 - You shouldn't get 30 seconds to line up for a shot if you're outside of the 50 metre arc.

AshMac
01-07-2023, 09:13 PM
3 - You shouldn't get 30 seconds to line up for a shot if you're outside of the 50 metre arc.

100%

I said the same thing at the time

Mofra
01-07-2023, 10:26 PM
1. Rhylee 'Giansiracusa' West showed some signs I haven't seen from him before. Got credited with two score involvements in Q4, I swear it was 3. Plays better as a 'move the ball forward' player, the way the swans have been playing the past month or so.

2. We break curses. The Bye curse is dead because of us, the way we killed the 'not top 4' curse in 2016

3. Naughton's 'quiet games' give Marra a truckload of F50 space and takes the best defender away from him. Taking their captain out of the dangerous area and finishing with 2 goals, I'd take that most weeks.

BornInDroopSt'54
02-07-2023, 01:25 AM
We are fifth where I reckon we'll finish.
Win four finals and we're premiers.

BornInDroopSt'54
02-07-2023, 01:29 AM
Please explain.
How can players slip out from tickling?
How can tickling be horrendous?
Are you worried about test tickles?

Bulldog4life
02-07-2023, 12:40 PM
1. Full marks to the fitness guys for training us to run out the last quarter like we did after the bye.

2. Westy deserves to play full games. I was surprised he was demoted.

3. We beat the Colliwobbles...wish they were just like saying it ....last year by 8 goals no reason why we can't again.

FrediKanoute
03-07-2023, 12:09 AM
1) This club will learn way too late the value of Riley West. In qne short burst he changed the game through attack on the footy and clean disposal. I personallly am tired of the excuses for not playing him and tired of the chances and opportunities given to his alternatesl;

2) JOD will be a solid player - showed poise and belief today. Defintely something to work with;

3) Marra has stepped it up this year. His presentation yesterday was first rate. 4 goals was a good reqardi. Fix the field kicking and around the ground work and he will be a star.