PDA

View Full Version : The Moment: Rnd 21, 2023 vs Richmond

GVGjr
04-08-2023, 04:28 PM
The moment, the best, most courageous moment that caught your eye in tonight's game against Richmond. Was it the moment that told you 'we've got this' or 'we lost this one right here'? Or was it the moment that you went 'wow....that is crazy courage'

Or was it a collection of moments that you thought 'oh dear that's sure to produce a flood of WOOF melts on par with GG's post GF loss..

bulldogtragic
04-08-2023, 11:32 PM
Naughton pass to Lobb, with GA to Marra.

Funke disco
05-08-2023, 12:00 AM
Caleb with a contested 1 vs 1 mark in the 50 to open the game!!!

ledge
05-08-2023, 01:56 AM
Do I need to mention the most courageous ?

GVGjr
05-08-2023, 02:00 AM
Marra ragdolling a defender was inspiring.

merantau
05-08-2023, 03:25 AM
Bont's running back with the flight. Totally inspiring.

bulldogtragic
05-08-2023, 08:14 AM
Do I need to mention the most courageous ?

Bont's running back with the flight. Totally inspiring.

Credit to Scott. He got himself concussed in that contest. I don’t think he fully protected himself to help to protect Bont. Or that’s how I remember it. If that’s what happened, Scott protested Bont and suffered concussion and will lose his spot next week as a result too. That’s 100% selfless stuff right there not only to protect our best player but give him the shot on goal too.

merantau
05-08-2023, 09:19 AM
Credit to Scott. He got himself concussed in that contest. I don’t think he fully protected himself to help to protect Bont. Or that’s how I remember it. If that’s what happened, Scott protested Bont and suffered concussion and will lose his spot next week as a result too. That’s 100% selfless stuff right there not only to protect our best player but give him the shot on goal too.

Thanks for pointing that out. I just saw the replay on the morning news and you described Scott's role perfectly. Very courageous act too.

SonofScray
05-08-2023, 09:44 AM
Marra ragdolling a defender was inspiring.

His boxing work has really upped his strength and competitiveness one on one.

westdog54
05-08-2023, 10:05 AM
Bont gathers from his ankles on the run, clean as a whistle, and hits Marra in a paddock of space. You just knew he was going to tear the game apart from that point onward.

Bulldog Joe
05-08-2023, 10:10 AM
Caleb with a contested 1 vs 1 mark in the 50 to open the game!!!

When Caleb is marking over the top of an opponent to deliver the first goal, you just know something is going right.

Caleb proving too tall in the contest. Who can believe that?

jeemak
05-08-2023, 10:34 AM
The moment I decided to go to the game!

Lobb mark and hand off to JUH. Unselfish forward play and dare I say it, it looked like the guys were having fun.

bulldogtragic
05-08-2023, 11:06 AM
The moment I decided to go to the game!

Lobb mark and hand off to JUH. Unselfish forward play and dare I say it, it looked like the guys were having fun.

Great observation. That’s as happy as I’ve seen them on field in a long time.

bornadog
05-08-2023, 11:40 AM

Very worried about Scott, he has been concussed several times in the past couple of years.

BornInDroopSt'54
05-08-2023, 01:37 PM
3rd quarter, something odd.
Our player and opponent ended up on the ground with ball between the BOTH moving torso and head to show umps they were trying to handpass haha.
There's a moment.

SonofScray
05-08-2023, 02:53 PM
Great observation. That’s as happy as I’ve seen them on field in a long time.

Why is that do you think? I’ve described our footy at times under Bevo as joyless, and at others, the best football you’ll ever see. I know which footy I want to see!

bulldogtragic
05-08-2023, 02:57 PM
Why is that do you think? I’ve described our footy at times under Bevo as joyless, and at others, the best football you’ll ever see. I know which footy I want to see!

Don’t know, but plenty of smiles for a change.

On replay, the West handball after half volley in the first at the 50 was something handed down in his genes. Absolutely magic.

jeemak
05-08-2023, 03:00 PM
Getting off to a good start, moving the ball quickly, possibly a change in mindset after a shit week. All would have played a part.

A backline that is able to repel and set up the rest of the field has been sorely lacking since Jones and JJ hadn't been playing together.

SonofScray
05-08-2023, 03:38 PM
Getting off to a good start, moving the ball quickly, possibly a change in mindset after a shit week. All would have played a part.

A backline that is able to repel and set up the rest of the field has been sorely lacking since Jones and JJ hadn't been playing together.

Jones and JJ real lynch pins for everything else.