PDA

View Full Version : Bankers & Anchors: Rnd 23, 2023 vs West Coast

GVGjr
20-08-2023, 09:36 AM
This is the Round 23, 2023 edition of the weekly Bankers and Anchors thread. Once this afternoons game against West Coast is concluded post your nominations for:

The Bankers = 3 guys/aspects of the game that we banked on to do the right thing during the game
The Anchors = 3 guys/aspects of the game that weighed us down by their errors or poor play

Please limit it to no more than three of each player or aspect of the game, but feel free to make honourable/dishonourable mentions. As usual try to make it constructive criticism.

Try and restrict it to individual players rather than aspects of the overall match - I will allow more freedom now as the thread seems to be going down more of the aspects of the game path so you can have 3 for each made up of aspects of the game and individual players.

The thread is named in honour of a popular WOOF Contributor, The Banker, who passed away on 22/04/2012 after a six month battle with cancer

bulldogtragic
20-08-2023, 04:52 PM
A

Playing group
Coaching
Everything

B

I was right about the rebuild.
We might use a tagger next year to stop the Guldens, Kelly’s & Newcombes carving us up each week.

whythelongface
20-08-2023, 05:00 PM
Bankers

Losing - there is a positive to every silver lining. Change will happen and it needs to be now.
Bevo - thanks for your service. You have been awesome in getting us a flag and to a GF.
JOD - wow this kid looks the goods.

Anchors
There are many but will leave it alone as it all rests with Bevo and he will be gone.

Dry Rot
20-08-2023, 06:10 PM
Bankers

JOD's rapid rise. How many other Dogs players have improved this year?
Lobb did what we traded him in for
Richards was effective and never gave up

Anchors

No strategy to control/tag hot opposition players
Usual issues of poor tackling, dumb decision making, simple mistakes
Whatever the question, Keath is not the answer

Bullies
20-08-2023, 09:18 PM
Bankers

JOD's rapid rise. How many other Dogs players have improved this year?
Lobb did what we traded him in for
Richards was effective and never gave up

Anchors

No strategy to control/tag hot opposition players
Usual issues of poor tackling, dumb decision making, simple mistakes
Whatever the question, Keath is not the answerCan you throw VDM in with Keath. It is bewildering how he continually gets a game. He has absolutely no skill and is not a smart footballer.

chef
20-08-2023, 09:40 PM
I guess at least VDM has a crack each game unlike other more seasoned guys who pick and choose.

angelopetraglia
20-08-2023, 09:42 PM
I guess at least VDM has a crack each game unlike other more seasoned guys who pick and choose.

Yes. He had more contested possessions than 21 other players today.

chef
20-08-2023, 09:43 PM
Yes. He had more contested possessions than 21 other players today.

Yep, theres over a dozen other guys who should be copping shit before they get to Lath.

JanLorMill
20-08-2023, 09:57 PM
Having a crack should be a given. If that?s all the VDM gives us no wonder we lost. I’ll have a crack too

chef
20-08-2023, 10:01 PM
Having a crack should be a given. If that?s all the VDM gives us no wonder we lost. I’ll have a crack too

I guess at least he does, unlike some of his more talented teammates.

Its not his choice to get picked.

Mantis
20-08-2023, 10:02 PM

His effort is there, but his game sense and ball handling skills aren?t improving and he becomes a liability around the ball? the MC love his pace, but you need to have more strings to your bow than running fast.

chef
20-08-2023, 10:09 PM
His effort is there, but his game sense and ball handling skills aren?t improving and he becomes a liability around the ball? the MC love his pace, but you need to have more strings to your bow than running fast.

I dont think hes much of an AFL level footballer, i just dont get why hes seen as the problem. Hes a depth footballer.

There was a heap of other guys who should be copping before getting to Lath that is all. I get hes a whipping boy to some.

Mantis
20-08-2023, 10:27 PM
I dont think hes much of an AFL level footballer, i just dont get why hes seen as the problem. Hes a depth footballer

If he’s playing every week, which he does when fit, he’s more than depth.

There was a heap of other guys who should be copping before getting to Lath that is all. I get hes a whipping boy to some.

Where should we start?

I’ll pick 2.

Macrae - not sure I’ve seen a player fall off the cliff so quickly. An absolutely woeful performance today. Sam Power should hand in his keys signing him up for 5 years last year.

Smith - lost count how many times he apologised to a teammate today for kicking it over his head. Just awful with ball in hand.

Both had big roles to fill the void left when Libba went off early last week… and both have failed miserably.

Bullies
21-08-2023, 08:41 AM
Yes. He had more contested possessions than 21 other players today. Just confirms that stats are over rated. The reason he got so many contested possessions is he fumbled and turned the ball over.

merantau
21-08-2023, 10:35 AM
Bankers
1. Putting in a horrible performance when it mattered most. We do that a LOT
2. Positive side. JOD - good signs from a kid.
3. Rhylee West - continues to improve.
Anks
1 Set shots
2 missed snaps
3 Ossified coaching. Make some moves. DO something.

westbulldog
21-08-2023, 12:32 PM
Bankers
1. Bontempelli, a great Captain, couldn't do anymore than he did to lift the team.
2. O'Donnell, very promising.
3. Treloar, after a first 1/4 knee to the head (no free paid) was good all day.

Anchors
1. The team as a whole lacked motivation, whose fault is that ? Coaches ?
2. the departure of Rohan Smith, highly respected by all supporters.
3. Whoever was on Cripps.