PDA

View Full Version : The Moment: Rnd 23, 2023 vs West Coast

GVGjr
20-08-2023, 09:38 AM
The moment, the best, most courageous moment that caught your eye in afternoons game against West Coast. Was it the moment that told you 'we've got this' or 'we lost this one right here'? Or was it the moment that you went 'wow....that is crazy courage'

Or was it a collection of moments that you thought 'oh dear that's sure to produce a flood of WOOF melts on par with GG's post GF loss.

bulldogtragic
20-08-2023, 04:52 PM
Not just one…

Bumper Bulldogs
20-08-2023, 05:00 PM
Non selection of McClean. Weightman in the guts in the 4th quarter. Why not West. He is a midfielder and was on song. It was his time to shine. I suppose that?s a judgment call from the coaches box

whythelongface
20-08-2023, 05:01 PM
The opening passages of play. Summed up our performance and rarely got better

DOG GOD
20-08-2023, 05:03 PM
I knew in the first 5 mins. We looked off, looked slow and looked disinterested. Other than a “spirited” 3rd, we were putrid all game and a team that was not playing for their fellow team mates or their coach.

A lot of changes needed. Over to you Western Bulldogs.

Testekill
20-08-2023, 05:47 PM
The moment was basically the first five minutes, I knew that we had no chance of winning.

angelopetraglia
20-08-2023, 06:35 PM
The moment was basically the first five minutes, I knew that we had no chance of winning.

Sad but so true. I knew it deep down. I tried to convince myself we would kick into gear and run away from it but I was just being delusional.

macca
20-08-2023, 08:04 PM
When the eagles kicked the first 2 , due to some sloppy football
In the middle , one of our mids over runs and Kelly picks up the ball and kicks to Oscar

Second one where English over runs the ball , and then results in another goal . Just so fumble and now intent in the middle
We let their mids win too many clearances and then exit out of halfback with ease

It was very painful to watch live at the game , against a really ordinary eagles side ,

G-Mo77
20-08-2023, 08:15 PM
The opening passages of play. Summed up our performance and rarely got better

Funnily enough, my son's exact words. "I see where this is going" after the first goal. He's sat through our 2 worst games this season, Saints and Eagles. Ouch!

SonofScray
20-08-2023, 09:09 PM
Vandermeer’s countless errors.

Danjul
20-08-2023, 10:10 PM
I was a couple of minutes late getting into the ground. Caught a glimpse of the score on a tv screen and saw we already had 2 goals. Thought. -this is going to be so boring. When I got to my seat and focused on the game ?? that was quite a moment.

macca
20-08-2023, 10:55 PM
I was a couple of minutes late getting into the ground. Caught a glimpse of the score on a tv screen and saw we already had 2 goals. Thought. -this is going to be so boring. When I got to my seat and focused on the game ?? that was quite a moment.

I think we may have shared the same moment. I was at the game. Saw how west coast just split our mids with little pressure. That kick to Oscar Allen's first goal from Kelly, how the hell did he get so much space? Here we go again, slow start, fumbly, a step behind play, did not want it more than opposition. Before you know it, they had kicked 5 goals. That was pretty much the game there.

merantau
21-08-2023, 05:44 AM
Agree with all of the above. We came out with the attitude that all we had to do was turn up and the rest would take care of itself.
Pity the Eagles had a different song sheet however, when we realised that after 5 minutes play, we still played as if all we had to do is stay out there and sooner or later the Eagles would come back on board.

Sorry chaps, thats not how the game is played.