View Full Version : 3 things learned from Rd23 vs West Coast 2023

GVGjr
20-08-2023, 09:40 AM
Please list the 3 new things learned from our round 23 clash with West Coast

bulldogtragic
20-08-2023, 04:54 PM
1. We are screwed
2. We need to get rid of many players
3. We’ve re-signed a heap of these fringe players. See point 1.

Testekill
20-08-2023, 05:37 PM
3. The rot starts at the head.
2. We need to cut deep into the list.
1. We need a brute midfielder who can protect Bont.

Mofra
20-08-2023, 05:38 PM
1. Bont does too much
2. JOD will be fine
3. When the end comes, it can come quickly. Keath, Duryea, Bevo

DOG GOD
20-08-2023, 05:40 PM
1. The Bont years are over.
2. We aren’t making finals for the next 3 years
3. Bevo will be our coach next year.

The Bulldogs Bite
20-08-2023, 05:40 PM
1. Sack Power. How can you re-sign Vandermeer, Keath, Duryea, and Baker BEFORE the end of the season? Were we worried they'd be snapped up by another club? Pitiful.

2. JOD will be a player. Impressive game amongst one of the worst losses in club history.

3. Supporters have had enough.

DOG GOD
20-08-2023, 05:41 PM
1. We are screwed
2. We need to get rid of many players
3. We’ve re-signed a heap of these fringe players. See point 1.

So is power on the chopping block as well ? Jamarra and Darcy fell in his lap.

bulldogtragic
20-08-2023, 05:43 PM
So is power on the chopping block as well ? Jamarra and Darcy fell in his lap.

Everyone gets looked at. Depends if it was his call or whether it was told to him to do. Everyone needs a blowtorch if we are half serious.

azabob
20-08-2023, 05:45 PM
Even superstar Admins make mistakes.

Dry Rot
20-08-2023, 05:56 PM
1. JOD will be a very good player. Looks like he listened to Riewoldt closely.

2. We still have no strategy to close down a hot opposition player like Kelly, despite other sides trying to close down Bont and Libba.

3. We are treacle slow and have too many sub-AFL standard players.

Scorlibo
20-08-2023, 05:57 PM
1. I was right to hold a healthy level of skepticism through the season. We showed our hand in the first two games, and redemption has been slightly out of reach ever since.

2. I may have seen a Bevo-coached Bulldogs live for the last time.

3. Everything that's been said on this forum for years around this group's psychology is true - they're terrible frontrunners, and are only motivated when the odds are against them. Knowing this, you'd fully expect them to beat Geelong next week, and prolong our suffering a while longer!

Mantis
21-08-2023, 09:09 AM
1. JOD will be a very good player. Looks like he listened to Riewoldt closely.

2. We still have no strategy to close down a hot opposition player like Kelly, despite other sides trying to close down Bont and Libba.

3. We are treacle slow and have too many sub-AFL standard players.

It's embarrassing, isn't it? He was their only mid who looked capable of doing damage to us and we just let him run around by himself.. 13 touches in the first qtr and something like 6 or 7 score involvements.

The midfield group (coaches, players and stratgy) needs to be changed.

SonofScray
21-08-2023, 10:18 AM
1. Confirmed my assessment on March 24 2018 was correct.

2. Bevo is deluded and I have shredded what good will I had for him left.

3. Grant and Baines have to go too. Every second they remain in the chair they are damaging our prospects of a quick recovery.

Sedat
21-08-2023, 11:01 AM
The midfield group (coaches, players and stratgy) needs to be changed.
Yep, our greatest asset is our greatest liability and has been for a few years. It means we can smash team regularly but completely all apart when the oppo pressure is dialled up. This is a pattern from our midfield group that has a sample size of a few years now - when Patrick Cripps was destroying us on his own in truly terrible Carlton teams a few years ago, it was evident then. And games like yesterday and last week only reinforce it.

I know we've had poor key defensive stocks the last few years but we live and die by our midfield effort. And too often it is conditional.

Boots
21-08-2023, 11:21 AM
1) Somehow, things are both not as bad and much, much worse than I thought. We're losing games by small margins and it mostly seems mental, but nobody seems to have any idea at all how to fix this.

2) My interest in footy is slipping. I can't muster the energy to watch our final game of the season, and normally at this stage I'd pick a 'second team' to cheer for during finals. That's not happening this year.

3) six months with no footy, and no promise of anything except more mediocrity on the other side feels like a yawning gulf right now.

Bonus learning: Geelong missing finals the year after winning the premiership feels amazing.

MrMahatma
21-08-2023, 12:24 PM
It’s definitely the first time I can recall in at least a decade, where I’m not feeling like I can be bothered watching on Sat night.
I’m sure I will. But I’ve never felt this way before.

Bullies
21-08-2023, 03:40 PM
It’s definitely the first time I can recall in at least a decade, where I’m not feeling like I can be bothered watching on Sat night.
I’m sure I will. But I’ve never felt this way before. Feel the same. I said to a mate that i went to the Whitten Oval in early 80's and we won very few games but you didn't mind as you knew they didn't have the talent and the best thing was they would have a crack. They were likeable because of that. This team beside the Bont and Libba is not likeable. They don't play for each other and more importantly the club. The only flag they fly is the white one and give up when it gets to hard. If they don't want to commit I don't see why we should.

Flamethrower
21-08-2023, 09:15 PM
1. I made a good decision to spend the day at Avalon Airport Oval to watch 4 WRFL junior girls Grand Finals rather than a miserable 2 hours at Docklands.

2. The team is SO bad they can't even beat a team actively trying to lose games to secure the rights to possibly the best player to ever be available to draft.

3. See point 1.

Dancin' Douggy
21-08-2023, 09:27 PM
1. I no longer enjoy watching us play.
2. I no longer can bear to listen to a Bevo post match press conference.
3. I still enjoy beer