PDA

View Full Version : Shocking news?

bulldogtragic
20-08-2023, 12:32 PM
The premiers from the previous season didn?t make finals, again.

Prepare for a media onslaught, wall to wall coverage on his shit Geelong is to win and flag and then miss finals. I feel sorry for their supporters that they?ll hear nothing but this in the off season and have it brought up on loop for years. It just almost never happens and is unfortunate absolute proof there?s something really sick going on at Geelong.

bulldogtragic
20-08-2023, 12:34 PM
Look we should’ve played finals in 2017. But fairs fair. They improved their list after the flag too. So I think the media will be so brutal, I’m sure they’ll demand Scott’s head and maybe a board challenge…

GVGjr
20-08-2023, 12:57 PM
I guess there is a huge difference between loading up one more time with an ageing list compared to how we had a gap year and couldn't manage success.

The media should be all over Geelong but will probably let it slide.

chef
20-08-2023, 12:57 PM
Geelong have made 15 of the last 17 finals series though and I guess last year was seen as a dads army win and dropping off wasn't unexpected.

We got rightly trashed as we wasted a golden opportunity for a tigers type legacy.

bulldogtragic
20-08-2023, 01:01 PM
Geelong have made 15 of the last 17 finals series though and I guess last year was seen as a dads army win and dropping off wasn't unexpected.

We got rightly trashed as we wasted a golden opportunity for a tigers type legacy.

For sure, we blew it. But I’m not even sure the media will dive into Geelong doing the same despite improving their list. Just pointing out the hypocrisy.

chef
20-08-2023, 01:05 PM
For sure, we blew it. But I’m not even sure the media will dive into Geelong doing the same despite improving their list. Just pointing out the hypocrisy.

I guess they have plenty of credits in the bank. We probably embarrassed a few experts' opinions who expected us to be good again in 2017 so they stuck the boots in.

GVGjr
20-08-2023, 01:07 PM
When you stop momentum like we did it's like a cruise liner trying to start up again and it took us a long while.

GVGjr
20-08-2023, 06:55 PM
The premiers from the previous season didn?t make finals, again.

Prepare for a media onslaught, wall to wall coverage on his shit Geelong is to win and flag and then miss finals. I feel sorry for their supporters that they?ll hear nothing but this in the off season and have it brought up on loop for years. It just almost never happens and is unfortunate absolute proof there?s something really sick going on at Geelong.

There is just an ever so slight chance that we steal the headlines and media focus.
Strap yourselves in, we are going for a ride.

bulldogtragic
20-08-2023, 07:01 PM
There is just an ever so slight chance that we steal the headlines and media focus.
Strap yourselves in, we are going for a ride.

To be fair, playing and losing to 16th & 18th to play finals brings its own heat.