PDA

View Full Version : It's over right? Can I just relax now??

mjp
20-08-2023, 05:39 PM
I mean - surely.

This team has been tortuous to support...it's over now though so I can once again go back to watching footy for joy and fun and not just to increase my stress levels/make my life feel worse!

Love the coach. Love the players...but man o man thank goodness this season is over.

Please let it be over!

Grantysghost
20-08-2023, 05:45 PM
It's been a year devoid of pleasure.

The Bulldogs Bite
20-08-2023, 05:49 PM
I think this is the most unlikeable group of players we've ever had.

But agreed, glad it's over.

bulldogtragic
20-08-2023, 05:50 PM
It’s over. It’s all over.

GVGjr
20-08-2023, 05:50 PM
Yes, last week I said I wanted to make finals and results sort of went out way to make it happen but just a week later it's vastly harder to get enthused about potentially limping into the finals.

Dry Rot
20-08-2023, 05:51 PM
Its been over since the third quarter of the 2021 GF.

DOG GOD
20-08-2023, 05:51 PM
We aren’t beating Geel next week MJP so yes, the season is over, but is Bevo’s reign over with it ? I’m not so sure.

Grantysghost
20-08-2023, 05:55 PM
We aren’t beating Geel next week MJP so yes, the season is over, but is Bevo’s reign over with it ? I’m not so sure.

No chance.

bulldogtragic
20-08-2023, 05:55 PM
Until trade time where we fix everything with Tomlinson & Henry.

MrMahatma
20-08-2023, 05:56 PM
I’m defo over it

Grantysghost
20-08-2023, 05:56 PM
Yes, last week I said I wanted to make finals and results sort of went out way to make it happen but just a week later it's vastly harder to get enthused about potentially limping into the finals.

You're not suggesting we beat Geelong at Geelong G!?

I'm thinking after today we may get pantsed.

Sedat
20-08-2023, 05:57 PM
Its been over since the third quarter of the 2021 GF.
It is so obvious now that the last 8 minutes of the 3rd qtr of the 2021 GF has destroyed the entire club. The players and the coaches have been psychologically damaged by that and have been totally bereft of answers to stem opposition run-ons since then.

Where I feel incredibly sorry for Bevo is that he has been thrust in the role of being the entire face of the club, and it has come to the detriment of his core function of day-to-day coaching. The leadership vacuum we have from the top down is shameful - there has been no leadership or presence at all from President, CEO or Head of Footy, and all the pressure has been completely heaped onto Bevo as a result.

Grantysghost
20-08-2023, 05:59 PM
It is so obvious now that the last 8 minutes of the 3rd qtr of the 2021 GF has destroyed the entire club. The players and the coaches have been psychologically damaged by that and have been totally bereft of answers to stem opposition run-ons since then.

We've barely troubled a good side since.

DOG GOD
20-08-2023, 06:01 PM
You're not suggesting we beat Geelong at Geelong G!?

I'm thinking after today we may get pantsed.

I agree. If Cripps, Allen and Darling can kick 10 between them, what will Hawkins, Cameron and Stengle do ;)

Funke disco
20-08-2023, 06:06 PM
It is so obvious now that the last 8 minutes of the 3rd qtr of the 2021 GF has destroyed the entire club. The players and the coaches have been psychologically damaged by that and have been totally bereft of answers to stem opposition run-ons since then. And there has been no leadership or presence at all from President, CEO or Head of Footy in the last 3 years.

Where I feel incredibly sorry for Bevo is that he has been thrust in the role of being the entire face of the club, and it has come to the detriment of his core function of day-to-day coaching. The leadership vacuum we have from the top down is shameful.

i considered this at the time and hoped the team and club would do their very best to prevent it but it appears they just ignored it and moved on. I hope that the remaining players on our list from that day have the necessary support to overcome it… for all pur sakes

Eastdog
20-08-2023, 06:09 PM
We are still a chnace amazingly if we beat Geelong and Carlton beat GWS but we are just not playing well enough at all for finals. The by in is not there which is the exact opposite with the Blues.

angelopetraglia
20-08-2023, 06:30 PM
I agree. If Cripps, Allen and Darling can kick 10 between them, what will Hawkins, Cameron and Stengle do ;)

Cripps had kicked 10 goals for the season. Helped himself to a lazy five today.

angelopetraglia
20-08-2023, 06:31 PM
i considered this at the time and hoped the team and club would do their very best to prevent it but it appears they just ignored it and moved on. I hope that the remaining players on our list from that day have the necessary support to overcome it? for all pur sakes

They infamously never reviewed the game. Allowed the scar to harden and never treated. Horrendous.

MrMahatma
20-08-2023, 07:37 PM
You can’t put this season behind you without change.

Boots
20-08-2023, 07:40 PM
Does anyone really believe we’re a chance to beat Geelong?

GVGjr
20-08-2023, 07:43 PM

From a bookies perspective a better chance than West Coast apparently had against us.

G-Mo77
20-08-2023, 07:44 PM
I've got more chance at winning tattsloto and I don't even buy tickets for that.

josie
20-08-2023, 07:50 PM
They infamously never reviewed the game. Allowed the scar to harden and never treated. Horrendous.

That and the capitulation in last 2 or 3 H&A games which pushed us out of the 4. We’ve not looked right since then. Glimpses yes but again we stuffed up right royally last year not doing a thorough review.

Grantysghost
20-08-2023, 07:52 PM

No the players looked broken.

DOG GOD
20-08-2023, 07:57 PM
Geelong VFL side at Geelong would easily beat us.

GVGjr
20-08-2023, 08:00 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDEI5mVekaI

anfo27
20-08-2023, 08:00 PM
We aren?t beating Geel next week MJP so yes, the season is over, but is Bevo?s reign over with it ? I?m not so sure.

We lost to a laughing stock. No chance Bevo is coach next year, I'm wondering if he will be coach next week.

The Adelaide Connection
20-08-2023, 08:03 PM
The only thing that I can see saving Bevo is beating the cats in Geelong. We haven’t won there in 700 years.

It’s a weird feeling. One part of me wants to win in Geelong, but it probably means we don’t get the overhaul we need. Also, we might win down there, save his job, and still miss finals.

Boots
20-08-2023, 08:05 PM
A well-administered club would surely make the call to sack him ASAP, acknowledging that the new coach needs to be confirmed as early into the preseason as possible.

I do not think we are a super well-administered club. But dither on this and we’ll make North and the bombres look clever.

Danjul
20-08-2023, 08:08 PM
That and the capitulation in last 2 or 3 H&A games which pushed us out of the 4. We?ve not looked right since then. Glimpses yes but again we stuffed up right royally last year not doing a thorough review.
We lost 5 of the last 10 home and away games in 2021. 2022 was poor and 2023 a disaster.

There is a trajectory.

EasternWest
20-08-2023, 08:23 PM
From a bookies perspective a better chance than West Coast apparently had against us.

That is a GREAT take.

That's it, we're beating Geelong.

angelopetraglia
20-08-2023, 09:10 PM
We lost 5 of the last 10 home and away games in 2021. 2022 was poor and 2023 a disaster.

There is a trajectory.

Sides who completely fall away get smashed. They are not competitive. At all. One thing about this slow death by a thousand cuts as we have been competitive in every loss after the first two rounds?

Why is that? We are competitive enough to be in a game but can't win any. It is not the typical, the coach has lost the players that just get obliterated. It has a different feel.

angelopetraglia
20-08-2023, 09:14 PM
Why no 100+ smashings like the Eagles have given up every third week this year? Why is our group hanging in banging their heads against a brick wall every week losing by small margins? It just doesn't make any sense at all.

1eyedog
20-08-2023, 09:16 PM
Look at it this way at least we didn't have to play the Eagles twice this year like some clubs.

kruder
20-08-2023, 09:58 PM
I knew we were done last week MJP hence why I was so disappointed, today didn't hurt as much. Relax though? Yes there opportunity in font of us that can completely change our fortunes for the better but an off season where our players are mentioned in trades is not relaxing at all.

josie
20-08-2023, 10:02 PM
Look at it this way at least we didn't have to play the Eagles twice this year like some clubs.

Woof making me smile, even on a dark day like today. Thanks 1eyedog.

kruder
20-08-2023, 10:07 PM
If Dunkley wins the premiership this year it will be one of the all time great moves sadly. I told you so coming? I found it interesting on first crack that Montagna mentioned that there were whispers that Treloar wanted out also.

bulldogtragic
20-08-2023, 10:08 PM
If Dunkley wins the premiership this year it will be one of the all time great moves sadly. I told you so coming? I found it interesting on first crack that Montagna mentioned that there were whispers that Treloar wanted out also.

I said earlier. I’m getting Shocktober vibes right now…

angelopetraglia
20-08-2023, 10:12 PM

No suprise with Treloar. Him and Dunkley were joined at the hip. No surprise that they think the same. Group think. Also, Dunkley is a lot smarter than Dunks, so I can see how Dunks would influence Treloar.

angelopetraglia
20-08-2023, 10:13 PM

Does it feel as special to win a Premiership when you go to a team and win it in the first year? I can't say it could. Not even possibly the same as sticking fat with a group of mates and toiling away for years to win it. Not for me. But we are all built differently. The journey is what makes the success fulfilling.

It is like Lynch, getting up and leaving the Gold Coast and winning it in his first year with Richmond? Will he ever be remembered in the same breath as Jack Reiwoldt? Not for me.

josie
20-08-2023, 10:48 PM

Call me vindictive but I don’t want Lions to win it because the thought of Dunks smiling and carrying the cup makes me feel ill. Mainly because of his shenanigans wanting to play for bummers. Not so fussed about Hunter or our other exes, whom I generally wish well (except Stringer).

macca
20-08-2023, 10:58 PM
Call me vindictive but I don’t want Lions to win it because the thought of Dunks smiling and carrying the cup makes me feel ill. Mainly because of his shenanigans wanting to play for bummers. Not so fussed about Hunter or our other exes, whom I generally wish well (except Stringer).

Anything can happen in finals. Bad Brisbane may come to play and they just bundle out after the prelim. I will be beaming a different smile when that happens to them. yeah.. its kinda vindictive thought.

Jeanette54
20-08-2023, 11:56 PM
And that's the way our world ends, not with a bang, but a whimper.

MrMahatma
20-08-2023, 11:57 PM
Anything can happen in finals. Bad Brisbane may come to play and they just bundle out after the prelim. I will be beaming a different smile when that happens to them. yeah.. its kinda vindictive thought.

Anything can happen in finals…

…but you can’t win them if you’re not in them.

Good luck to Dunkley. Our problems are clearly of our own making and need to be of our own fixing.