PDA

View Full Version : Barrett just loves any opportunity to sink the boot in to the Bulldogs

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
25-08-2023, 10:57 AM
In his afl.com.au Sliding Doors column today he wrote against Sydney:

"the footy gods haven't always been on John Longmire's side, with dreadful injuries as a player, losing a Grand Final (016) when throwing the football by the opposition seemed to be allowed all match, and Buddy breaking down"

What a piece of garbage. I know he and Bevo have some enmity towards each other, but trying to de-legitimise what was an extraordinarily deserved Bulldogs' GF win is a step too far.

bulldogtragic
25-08-2023, 11:02 AM
Scoreboard.

Scoreboard.

Scoreboard.

EasternWest
25-08-2023, 11:02 AM

"the footy gods haven't always been on John Longmire's side, with dreadful injuries as a player, losing a Grand Final (016) when throwing the football by the opposition seemed to be allowed all match, and Buddy breaking down"

What a piece of garbage. I know he and Bevo have some enmity towards each other, but trying to de-legitimise what was an extraordinarily deserved Bulldogs' GF win is a step too far.

Actually I love when I see stuff like that. The sooking sustains me.

These are the type of people that say "didn't hurt" while their bottom lip is trembling. It's delicious.

angelopetraglia
25-08-2023, 11:04 AM
Yes. However, when you have a physical altercation with a journalist in a bathroom, I don't believe he is ever going to do you any favours on the contrary he is going to hold a grudge and continue to kick you when you are down.

You reap what you sow.

bulldogtragic
25-08-2023, 11:04 AM

These are the type of people that say "didn't hurt" while their bottom lip is trembling. It's delicious.

Exactly.

Grantysghost
25-08-2023, 11:17 AM
Yes. However, when you have a physical altercation with a journalist in a bathroom, I don't believe he is ever going to do you any favours on the contrary he is going to hold a grudge and continue to kick you when you are down.

You reap what you sow.

Yes pretty poor form. Low EQ moment.

We probably did throw it! Suck it swans!

jeemak
25-08-2023, 11:23 AM
At the same time Barrett called into question the integrity of the coach and those who informed him publicly without basis. So the smarmy shit probably deserved to be pushed up against a wall.

angelopetraglia
25-08-2023, 11:26 AM
At the same time Barrett called into question the integrity of the coach and those who informed him publicly without basis. So the smarmy shit probably deserved to be pushed up against a wall.

No doubt he deserved it. That is not the question. He is a bottom feeder. But if you take a step back, what does it achieve?

You know what they say, keep your friends close and your enemies closer. Just poor form to physcilaly abuse someone who shapes the AFL narrative in an influential role. It just ain't smart. It's dumb.

Grantysghost
25-08-2023, 11:27 AM

Would've felt nice no doubt.

However - kind of gives it oxygen it didn't need. I mean we are still talking about it. I'm giving the points to Barrett.

jeemak
25-08-2023, 11:40 AM
No doubt he deserved it. That is not the question. He is a bottom feeder. But if you take a step back, what does it achieve?

You know what they say, keep your friends close and your enemies closer. Just poor form to physcilaly abuse someone who shapes the AFL narrative in an influential role. It just ain't smart. It's dumb.

Would've felt nice no doubt.

However - kind of gives it oxygen it didn't need. I mean we are still talking about it. I'm giving the points to Barrett.

I get it's not smart - for someone who actually gives a shit about the consequences. Bevo doesn't give a shit, rightly or wrongly.

Give the points to Barrett all you like, but he knows deep down he got called out for his rubbish and the sad piece of shit is the one who can't let it go.

Bulldog Revolution
25-08-2023, 11:44 AM

Its a pretty amazing throwaway line from Barrett ;) and provides insight into the quality of his insights

He is in the unaccountable business of 'takes'

Axe Man
25-08-2023, 12:18 PM

The Adelaide entry makes up for it somewhat:

IF ...
the Crows and seemingly half of Adelaide this week lost their minds, justifiably, over the Ben Keays non-goal decision ...

THEN ...
thousands of Western Bulldogs supporters were overheard saying something about Tony Liberatore and a karma bus waiting to be driven since the '97 preliminary final.

GVGjr
25-08-2023, 01:28 PM
I don't mind the likes of Barrett or Pickering doing their drive-by critiques. It just reminds me that they're poor excuses of journos.

bornadog
25-08-2023, 03:56 PM
I don't mind the likes of Barrett or Pickering doing their drive-by critiques. It just reminds me that they're poor excuses of journos.

For what it is worth, I looked back at the predictions by the media and Barrett had us finishing 10th

Axe Man
25-08-2023, 04:21 PM
For what it is worth, I looked back at the predictions by the media and Barrett had us finishing 10th

I think quite a few pundits would have picked us to miss the 8 and now are saying how could we possibly miss the 8. Can't have it both ways.

GVGjr
25-08-2023, 04:36 PM

Good predictor, bad journo.

bornadog
25-08-2023, 04:40 PM
The guy who single Handley brought down Tom Boyd with his article after article on what we were paying him, is now after Smith

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F4Vw2tUa0AA2bog?format=webp&name=large