HB: Gilbee, Wight, Hargrave
C: Hill, Boyd, Cross
HF: Murphy, Hahn, Giansiracusa
F: Akermanis, Johnson, Welsh
FOLL: Hudson, Cooney, Griffen
I/C: Addison, Minson, Eagleton, Harbrow, Street, Ward, Skipper
IN: Skipper, Street, Ward
OUT: -
NEW: Callan Ward, Selection No.19 in the 2007 NAB AFL Draft, from Western Under-18s

RICHMOND
B: King, Thursfield, Moore
HB: Newman, Schulz, McMahon
C: Deledio, Tuck, Richardson
HF: White, Polak, Tambling
F: Brown, Riewoldt, Morton
FOLL: Simmonds, Johnson, Foley
I/C from: Edwards, McGuane, Hyde, Pattison, Hughes, Jackson, Tivendale
IN: Tivendale, Hughes, Jackson
OUT: -

LostDoggy
17-04-2008, 07:42 PM
Good Bowden isn't playing. He usually plays well against us.

GVGjr
17-04-2008, 07:49 PM

I agree, he sometimes plays pretty well against us but I suppose it was hard to bring him back given they had such a good win without him.

The Bulldogs Bite
17-04-2008, 09:15 PM

My sentiments too.

He's done decent jobs on Johnson before, too, so I'm surprised they aren't bringing him into the side to simply play on Brad.

ledge
17-04-2008, 09:41 PM
Why do i have a sneaking suspicion Johnno wont play and maybe Skipper will

bold-dogg
18-04-2008, 12:46 AM
If Johno doesn't play, Skipper at full-forward, Minson CHF?

The Bulldogs Bite
18-04-2008, 12:58 AM
If Johno doesn't play, Skipper at full-forward, Minson CHF?

Other way around, if Johnson doesn't come up.

Seems as though he will so long as he passes some test tomorrow.

bold-dogg
18-04-2008, 01:18 AM
It'll be nice if Johnno's fit.

BOG.

Big Dog
18-04-2008, 09:33 AM
Streets form in the VFL has been great over the last few weeks....would naming him as an emergency simply be a message to Hudson and Minson that they arent untouchable? Hudson and Minson have formed a great partnership over the last month and dont think there will be any room for Street this year unless of course inury. Add Skipper to the equation (who can also ruck if necessary) and Street's stocks fall even lower.

GVGjr
18-04-2008, 10:01 AM
Streets form in the VFL has been great over the last few weeks....would naming him as an emergency simply be a message to Hudson and Minson that they arent untouchable? Hudson and Minson have formed a great partnership over the last month and dont think there will be any room for Street this year unless of course inury. Add Skipper to the equation (who can also ruck if necessary) and Street's stocks fall even lower.

Streets form in the VFL been a bit better than OK but I'm not sure I would class it as great.
By naming him I don't think it's sending any message to Hudson or Minson that they wouldn't already know.
Naming Street as a possible player in the 22 might be more about the option of playing Minson as a key forward for the game.

Skipper has had a couple of good weeks but hasn't spent much time in the ruck. Hard to say if they have something in mind for him.

Mantis
18-04-2008, 06:22 PM
Skipper has had a couple of good weeks but hasn't spent much time in the ruck. Hard to say if they have something in mind for him.

Maybe as back up in defence. Read that he did a good job down there last week.

Richmond have the ability to stretch us with Richo, Polak, Hughes, Pattison, Riewoldt and Schulz all tall forward options.

ledge
18-04-2008, 06:43 PM

Richmond have the ability to stretch us with Richo, Polak, Hughes, Pattison, Riewoldt and Schulz all tall forward options.

So did St Kilda, but we got over them, Too many talls can cause a crowding too causing them to compete against each other, we feed off the drop ball, only takes 1 or 2 talls to beat them if you punch all the time, of course you cant stop it on a lead , but you cant stop it on a lead if tall or short, its about putting theyre centres off the pinpoint kicking.
So to keep it as simple as possible lets win it in the centre and starve theyre forwards.As for Skipper i think i would like to see him at full forward as Minson goes in ruck to rest Hudson, Skipper has good hands and good kick.

bornadog
18-04-2008, 07:25 PM
Final Teams: No Changes for both.

WESTERN BULLDOGS v RICHMOND
Sunday, 2:10pm AEST, Telstra Dome

WESTERN BULLDOGS
B: Callan, Lake, Morris
HB: Gilbee, Wight, Hargrave
C: Hill, Boyd, Cross
HF: Murphy, Hahn, Giansiracusa
F: Akermanis, Johnson, Welsh
FOLL: Hudson, Cooney, Griffen
I/C: Addison, Minson, Eagleton, Harbrow
EMG: Skipper, Street, Ward
No Changes

RICHMOND
B: King, Thursfield, Moore
HB: Newman, Schulz, McMahon
C: Deledio, Tuck, Richardson
HF: White, Polak, Tambling
F: Brown, Riewoldt, Morton
FOLL: Simmonds, Johnson, Foley
I/C: Edwards, McGuane, Hyde, Pattison
EMG: Tivendale, Hughes, Jackson
No Changes

Field umpires: Meredith, S.Ryan, Armstrong

bornadog
18-04-2008, 07:38 PM

They won't do that. They are going to have a problem with our forward line as they don't have a big enough player to go on Minson. Thursfield will be conceeding 7cm to Minson.

Riewold is 192 cm, Hughes 193cm, and can be picked up by Hargrave & Morris. Lake and Wight can cover Richo and Polak. They may throw a resting ruckman down there, which could get tricky, Simmonds does move forward sometimes.

As GVGjr says, too many talls can also work against you. I read during the week that Freo went too tall last week which cost them the game.

I still think we need one more tall in the team as Minson isnot in the forward line permanently - where is Williams and Everritt when you need them.:D

Mantis
18-04-2008, 08:25 PM
Riewold is 192 cm, Hughes 193cm, and can be picked up by Hargrave & Morris. Lake and Wight can cover Richo and Polak. They may throw a resting ruckman down there, which could get tricky, Simmonds does move forward sometimes.

But don't we need to save Morris for Brown? Don't really want to put Callan or Gilbee on him.

But in reference to Brown is he the player he once was or even close to it. I haven't seen him play for a while?

Rocket Science
19-04-2008, 02:03 AM
he's still a tricky little bastard with the ball in traffic and distributes well when given the opportunity but his game commonly suffers from lack of supporting cast and he's too often inclined to attempt too much individually as a result, so his attributes aren't as damaging as they could be.

Morris would be a good matchup, but part of me would like to see Callan get a crack for a quarter. If things go to plan around him and he maintains his recent form, Callan could conceivably make Brown earn everything he gets and test his mettle against quality, if somewhat fading opposition.

bornadog
19-04-2008, 02:06 PM
he's still a tricky little bastard with the ball in traffic and distributes well when given the opportunity but his game commonly suffers from lack of supporting cast and he's too often inclined to attempt too much individually as a result, so his attributes aren't as damaging as they could be.

Morris would be a good matchup, but part of me would like to see Callan get a crack for a quarter. If things go to plan around him and he maintains his recent form, Callan could conceivably make Brown earn everything he gets and test his mettle against quality, if somewhat fading opposition.

I agree, Callan is the man for Brown. Morrris will have to pickup one of the talls.

Mantis
19-04-2008, 03:28 PM
I agree, Callan is the man for Brown. Morrris will have to pickup one of the talls.

Does Callan have the footy 'smarts' to pick up Brown?

I can see Brown making a fool out of Callan with his reading of the play and use of the body.

In saying that Morris probably needs to pick up a tall for team balance so maybe we have to give Callan the challenge.

GVGjr
19-04-2008, 05:11 PM
Does Callan have the footy 'smarts' to pick up Brown?

I can see Brown making a fool out of Callan with his reading of the play and use of the body.

In saying that Morris probably needs to pick up a tall for team balance so maybe we have to give Callan the challenge.

I don't think he has. I would prefer Morris to take on Brown and I wouldn't be surprised if it is Murphy.

Mantis
19-04-2008, 11:46 PM
I don't think he has. I would prefer Morris to take on Brown and I wouldn't be surprised if it is Murphy.

Murphy must play forward, let them worry about him. He will be giving Wallace headaches like Brown maybe giving us.