PDA

View Full Version : 2024 Membership Thread

cinder
04-10-2023, 03:05 PM
I don't think there's a 2024 membership thread yet but did anyone get the offer from WB today offering a free upgrade to a L1 (silver) or L2 (gold) membership if you agree to move to digital?

I don't get how it works, because isn't L2 all reserved and surely we wouldn't be being offered a free reserved seat for our 9 game memberships?

I've been on hold to speak to the membership dept for 40 mins and counting so far ... :/

What I am thinking is, if you're bronze you can choose the free upgrade to silver and if you're silver you can choose the free upgrade to gold - but I am bronze and being offered both when logged into my account. Perhaps if I choose the gold upgrade I'll get prompted to pay, but the only option after selecting one is 'submit' and I don't want to get hit with a charge.

Edit: Got through and they said no, I can choose either membership, but to sit on L2 will require a $10 payment pp to secure reserved seats for each game, which you do via Ticketmaster. However, junior memberships don't qualify for the free upgrade, and as my son often comes along to the footy, it won't suit me to upgrade (or I can, and just sit in L3 for the games he attends).

bornadog
04-10-2023, 03:19 PM
I don't think there's a 2024 membership thread yet but did anyone get the offer from WB today offering a free upgrade to a L1 (silver) or L2 (gold) membership if you agree to move to digital?

I don't get how it works, because isn't L2 all reserved and surely we wouldn't be being offered a free reserved seat for our 9 game memberships?

I've been on hold to speak to the membership dept for 40 mins and counting so far ... :/

What I am thinking is, if you're bronze you can choose the free upgrade to silver and if you're silver you can choose the free upgrade to gold - but I am bronze and being offered both when logged into my account. Perhaps if I choose the gold upgrade I'll get prompted to pay, but the only option after selecting one is 'submit' and I don't want to get hit with a charge.

Edit: Got through and they said no, I can choose either membership, but to sit on L2 will require a $10 payment pp to secure reserved seats for each game, which you do via Ticketmaster. However, junior memberships don't qualify for the free upgrade, and as my son often comes along to the footy, it won't suit me to upgrade (or I can, and just sit in L3 for the games he attends).

Hi Cindy good to hear from you. I am a L2 Gold and I can tell you there are plenty of seats available.
Sorry can't help you with your issue.

Axe Man
04-10-2023, 04:43 PM

All I was offered was a $40 Bulldogs shop voucher rather than $20 if I switch to digital by November 1.

dadsgirl16
04-10-2023, 04:48 PM
That’s what I was offered

G-Mo77
04-10-2023, 04:59 PM
Same and they can shove it.

Grantysghost
04-10-2023, 05:05 PM
All I was offered was a $40 Bulldogs shop voucher rather than $20 if I switch to digital by November 1.

That's a good deal!

G-Mo77
04-10-2023, 05:10 PM
That's a good deal!

Not for me. It's close to $20 postage if I buy something from the store so they can send it to me the old way.

azabob
04-10-2023, 05:12 PM
Do they mean go digital and not get an actual membership card?

G-Mo77
04-10-2023, 05:24 PM

Yes, that is how it looks.

bornadog
04-10-2023, 05:30 PM

A digital pack you don't get a delivery with a scarf and other stuff by courier

Grantysghost
04-10-2023, 05:48 PM
Not for me. It's close to $20 postage if I buy something from the store so they can send it to me the old way.

Oh Booo, that's shit

bornadog
04-10-2023, 06:13 PM

Can you do a pickup when you come to the odd game?

G-Mo77
04-10-2023, 06:28 PM
Can you do a pickup when you come to the odd game?

Possibly, it's just a pain to go there even earlier and lineup for over 30 minutes to collect a scarf. I would also like the physical card. I've kept them all and wsnt to hold onto that tradition as long as possible.

Principals come into it. The club are trying to pinch pennies on members which they should not be doing. Send out the dam gear, it's not that hard.

mjp
04-10-2023, 06:54 PM

That's what I got offered as well.

bulldogtragic
04-10-2023, 07:02 PM
I got offered either:

- the $40 voucher, or
- a rookie list spot, or
- an assistant coach, two year contract

Torn with which to pick.

bulldogsthru&thru
04-10-2023, 07:02 PM
I got offered either:

- the $40 voucher, or
- a rookie list spot, or

Torn with which to pick.

I got offered 3 1st round draft picks.

bulldogtragic
04-10-2023, 07:04 PM
I got offered 3 1st round draft picks.

Take it and run!

GVGjr
04-10-2023, 07:06 PM
I got offered either:

- the $40 voucher, or
- a rookie list spot, or

Torn with which to pick.

If I were you I'd be disappointed in those options. List management should be your aim, special projects and some media work.

bulldogtragic
04-10-2023, 07:12 PM
If I were you I'd be disappointed in those options. List management should be your aim, special projects and some media work.

Yeah I know. Just my luck, maybe I should take the assistant coach gig and hope to move laterally once I’m in the footy department.

But passing up a $40 voucher…

GVGjr
04-10-2023, 07:15 PM
Yeah I know. Just my luck, maybe I should take the assistant coach gig and hope to move laterally once I’m in the footy department.

But passing up a $40 voucher…

Well there is that to consider I mean you can't put a price on a $40 voucher :)

hujsh
04-10-2023, 07:58 PM
So a $40 voucher or 'upgrade your package'.

Does anyone know what that means? It is a mystery box?

bulldogtragic
04-10-2023, 08:59 PM
Delete

chef
04-10-2023, 09:05 PM
I got offered either:

- the $40 voucher, or
- a rookie list spot, or

Torn with which to pick.

If only they offered you Powers job, I'd feel way more confident for trade week.

1eyedog
04-10-2023, 10:17 PM
Possibly, it's just a pain to go there even earlier and lineup for over 30 minutes to collect a scarf. I would also like the physical card. I've kept them all and wsnt to hold onto that tradition as long as possible.

Principals come into it. The club are trying to pinch pennies on members which they should not be doing. Send out the dam gear, it's not that hard.

No they're not man they're just offering a choice. Also, it's their job as a business to optimistic their bottom line. It's the 2020s.

cinder
04-10-2023, 10:39 PM
Hi Cindy good to hear from you. I am a L2 Gold and I can tell you there are plenty of seats available.
Sorry can't help you with your issue.

Ok thanks BAD, good to know.

Eastdog
15-10-2023, 10:54 PM
Renewed my membership for 2024. Home Silver Reserve seat + EJ Whitten Social club.

Go Dogs!

azabob
16-10-2023, 08:45 AM
Renewed my membership for 2024. Home Silver Reserve seat + EJ Whitten Social club.

Go Dogs!

Good work Eastie. I reckon the social club membership will come in handy around next September.

Grantysghost
16-10-2023, 09:20 AM

Go Dogs!

Legend

SonofScray
16-10-2023, 10:59 AM
I've reduced my membership packages down significantly to the basic membership for myself, wife and daughter + AFLW membership.

The fixture the past few seasons has been really unkind in terms of my little tacker coming along and when you add that to the impact of lockdowns, the Club has probably lost her for good. Which means my wife gets less opportunity to come. Which means I don't enjoy going as much because it breaks the family tradition.

Add onto the that my current belief around the Club and its direction, there was just no way I was adding $ on top of that.

The club will need to make significant on field improvements and find ways for me and the family to feel engaged and valued and have a positive experience when attending before I ramp up my expenses to levels they'd previously been. Under Baines, I think that element of being part of the club has been whittled down to text book, tick and flick stuff. From the Western Front campaign through to the immediate post flag years, it was a lot better. I think you can leave it as it is and if we are winning, no-one cares. But if we are middling about and there's no joy on field, this stuff feels more important.

I think the $ saved I will spend on an away trip tied into a family holiday/ long weekend away.

Eastdog
16-10-2023, 12:59 PM
Good work Eastie. I reckon the social club membership will come in handy around next September.

Yep hopefully azabob if we make the Grand Final.

bornadog
16-10-2023, 05:49 PM

Go Dogs!

Did you get offered some free upgrades?

Danny the snakeman
17-10-2023, 02:33 AM
Interstate and SC done.

Danny the snakeman
25-10-2023, 04:43 AM
Packages on site now for 24.
https://membership.westernbulldogs.com.au/packages

ledge
25-10-2023, 12:14 PM
Packages on site now for 24.
https://membership.westernbulldogs.com.au/packages

Strange I don’t see a VFL membership at all

I'm Not Bitter Anymore!
25-10-2023, 04:21 PM
Strange I don’t see a VFL membership at all
Mine were renewed as Footscray Bulldog for $60 ea

ledge
25-10-2023, 05:44 PM
Mine were renewed as Footscray Bulldog for $60 ea

I am a dog for life so it just rolls over. But how do you get new vfl members if it’s not in the membership sales ?

I'm Not Bitter Anymore!
25-10-2023, 06:21 PM
I am a dog for life so it just rolls over. But how do you get new vfl members if it’s not in the membership sales ?
Good question especially when we will be playing at Whitten Oval again next year

angelopetraglia
27-10-2023, 05:30 PM
Tried to ring the club today to roll over six reserved seats on the bottom deck. On hold for over 20 minutes and then just gave up. I only call as the auto roll up always forgets to deduct the Membership component as we are AFL Members.

Not the best service.

josie
27-10-2023, 06:25 PM
I’ve found emailing club very good. Usually respond within 1 to 2 working days. Membership@westernbulldogs.com.au

Axe Man
27-10-2023, 07:36 PM
Anybody know what's in the membership pack this year? I want to know what I'm giving up if I take the additional $20 voucher. I'm guessing membership card and scarf/hat/beanie? I haven't seen an option to chose between a scarf/hat/beanie this year?

Danny the snakeman
27-10-2023, 11:35 PM
Anybody know what's in the membership pack this year? I want to know what I'm giving up if I take the additional $20 voucher. I'm guessing membership card and scarf/hat/beanie? I haven't seen an option to chose between a scarf/hat/beanie this year?

I believe it's a scarf as standard , no choice same as last year. I suppose they want you to use the voucher for hat,beanie or scarf but the problem there is the outrageous cost of postage they charge its not worth it.
Below from membership page
Digital or Traditional Membership Pack - 2024 member scarf included with both (redeemed through Bulldogs Shop for digital packs)

bornadog
09-11-2023, 07:02 PM
For those who want to upgrade

https://ci4.googleusercontent.com/proxy/6cOKkuUfPb2_teo4usfsQ6XtzViaqbMMd57ewHvV9cj5G-ZfLAmLWtSgDbWiO-jMUFAZ-TihrJtIb4Qf55yuVt-bE0f-EeOOnELm0kppzYU-Vq_xmlDfs3sIgA3PkLO7g9N8gFqoAvXVQ4d7rjcB6lLQY026une0YWl7G0sK 0oe9=s0-d-e1-ft#https://image.e.westernbulldogs.com.au/lib/fe3511727364047e771371/m/1/40f80aad-07d1-4f9d-9184-611a22e40c28.jpg

bornadog
14-11-2023, 10:12 AM
First time I have seen the club pushing this

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F-yxlmzagAAp69z?format=jpg&name=900x900

SquirrelGrip
14-11-2023, 10:38 AM
First time I have seen the club pushing this

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F-yxlmzagAAp69z?format=jpg&name=900x900

I know there are player sponsors on this board. Can someone explain how this actually works?

Is there one sponsor per player? Do you keep the same player year to year? Do you have a say in who you sponsor? What access do you have to the player you sponsor? Do you get much in return? Is it worth it?

GVGjr
14-11-2023, 10:57 AM
I know there are player sponsors on this board. Can someone explain how this actually works?

Is there one sponsor per player? Do you keep the same player year to year? Do you have a say in who you sponsor? What access do you have to the player you sponsor? Do you get much in return? Is it worth it?

The Player Sponsors is a coterie group. You get access to a room before, during and after games and can have a meal there.
Seats are allocated in a specific area and you sit with other sponsors. They are classed as premium seats and are located on the 2nd level right on the wing.
Players can have multiple sponsors but that normally doesn't exceed 8 people.
Once you become a sponsor of a player you can stick with them if you like or if they retire or get traded etc you can move to another player. Some sponsors have been with the likes of Bontempelli and Macrae for years.
In past years players without sponsors or just one will merge onto other tables and one year BAD and I went and we had the pleasure of both Ward and Stack on the table.
In other years I've had Webb and Macrae on the table. It depends on how many sponsors join each year. I actually think it's better to sponsor some of the lesser known players than the big name recruits.
If you join you will be given a list of which players are available for you to sponsor and during the year there is a player sponsors dinner where you get the chance to dine with that player. It's an excellent event but a bit too laden with presentation and acknowledgements of which sponsors have achieved 5, 10, 15, 20 and 25 years of sponsorship achievements. I find that part a bit boring.
There is also another function where you can meet with the player and at things like the Charles Sutton night you get earlier access and a chance to say hello to your player. There are 3 coterie groups and I suggest you log on for a read to see if that suits you. There have also been some additional options added to enhance the football going experience.

Send me a message if you want any other details and I can even put you through to one of the Coterie managers who would be keen to add to the group.

Grantysghost
14-11-2023, 11:20 AM

The player generally has up to 5 sponsors (maybe more).
Same player yep unless they aren't there any more. Eg I had Jackson Trengove and had to move. I chose a first year player to build a relationship with.
You have a say, to a point. If the players quota is full then they are unavailable.
Access to player, it's the dinner and B and F pre-drinks. I think there's maybe more this year (training?). The rest is up to you building the relationship.
In terms of value, you get the B and F (with predrinks with players), sponsors dinner, access to all Melbourne games. It's not bad value if you're already going to these things.
Ballarat games kind of dampen it a bit for me as we lose two games at Marvel in the coterie space. We are moving into the new area next season which should be amazing. We do get free entry to Ballarat (GA) and a discount on reserved seating.

PM with any other questions.

Edit: Just noticed G's response so yeah what he said too.

SquirrelGrip
14-11-2023, 11:59 AM
The Player Sponsors is a coterie group. You get access to a room before, during and after games and can have a meal there.
Seats are allocated in a specific area and you sit with other sponsors. They are classed as premium seats and are located on the 2nd level right on the wing.
Players can have multiple sponsors but that normally doesn't exceed 8 people.
Once you become a sponsor of a player you can stick with them if you like or if they retire or get traded etc you can move to another player. Some sponsors have been with the likes of Bontempelli and Macrae for years.
In past years players without sponsors or just one will merge onto other tables and one year BAD and I went and we had the pleasure of both Ward and Stack on the table.
In other years I've had Webb and Macrae on the table. It depends on how many sponsors join each year. I actually think it's better to sponsor some of the lesser known players than the big name recruits.
If you join you will be given a list of which players are available for you to sponsor and during the year there is a player sponsors dinner where you get the chance to dine with that player. It's an excellent event but a bit too laden with presentation and acknowledgements of which sponsors have achieved 5, 10, 15, 20 and 25 years of sponsorship achievements. I find that part a bit boring.
There is also another function where you can meet with the player and at things like the Charles Sutton night you get earlier access and a chance to say hello to your player. There are 3 coterie groups and I suggest you log on for a read to see if that suits you. There have also been some additional options added to enhance the football going experience.

Send me a message if you want any other details and I can even put you through to one of the Coterie managers who would be keen to add to the group.

Thanks G, I appreciate the detail. I'm not sure if being a player sponsor is right for me or not, but that wasn't the main reason why I was asking the questions. I've been sponsored as a player in a non-AFL environment, but that was always 1:1 and they were always filled up every year.

So I wonder why they are now promoting it? Do we not have enough sponsors to cover all the players? Do we want to have more sponsors per player than what we currently have? 8 maximum does seem a lot and you wonder whether you get much interaction if you are fighting off 7 other sponsors for your player.

Does the money for player sponsors go towards something specific or is it just general revenue? It would seem more valuable to be part of the coterie if the money raised went towards something tangible.

GVGjr
14-11-2023, 01:52 PM
I think the short answer is that next year they are moving into a renovated room at Marvel and they would be desperately looking to fill it with a full compliment of player sponsors.
Originally the design was for companies to advertise their business and for them to invite guests. A few tradies write it all off as a business expense.

Grantysghost
14-11-2023, 06:48 PM
Thanks G, I appreciate the detail. I'm not sure if being a player sponsor is right for me or not, but that wasn't the main reason why I was asking the questions. I've been sponsored as a player in a non-AFL environment, but that was always 1:1 and they were always filled up every year.

So I wonder why they are now promoting it? Do we not have enough sponsors to cover all the players? Do we want to have more sponsors per player than what we currently have? 8 maximum does seem a lot and you wonder whether you get much interaction if you are fighting off 7 other sponsors for your player.

Does the money for player sponsors go towards something specific or is it just general revenue? It would seem more valuable to be part of the coterie if the money raised went towards something tangible.

Topdogs is a good coterie for much less.

ledge
17-11-2023, 10:45 AM
So I just got an email about digital card and you get it 72 hours before game on the app.
My question is , are we still getting a normal card we can use ?
I am 60 I hate the digital world and TBH I haven’t been going to games because I just want the old card and scan.
I actually enjoy going to VFL games because the last few years .. (before covid)we actually had the old click card. I am a bulldog for life so I will get whatever way they are doing. But I also haven’t seen anything about the VFL next year membership.
I want the old plastic card :-(

Axe Man
17-11-2023, 10:55 AM
So I just got an email about digital card and you get it 72 hours before game on the app.
My question is , are we still getting a normal card we can use ?
I am 60 I hate the digital world and TBH I haven’t been going to games because I just want the old card and scan.
I actually enjoy going to VFL games because the last few years .. (before covid)we actually had the old click card. I am a bulldog for life so I will get whatever way they are doing. But I also haven’t seen anything about the VFL next year membership.
I want the old plastic card :-(

It depends if you opted to go digital or not. If you did nothing I believe you will still receive a membership pack including the plastic card.

ledge
17-11-2023, 11:29 AM
It depends if you opted to go digital or not. If you did nothing I believe you will still receive a membership pack including the plastic card.

I didn’t go digital so maybe I get both.

Axe Man
17-11-2023, 11:48 AM
I didn’t go digital so maybe I get both.

Yep, handy to have the option of the app if you misplace your card.

Eastdog
19-11-2023, 08:23 PM
Renewed my East West Bulldogs membership today over the phone.

So 2024 WB membership and 2024 East West membership renewed.

Now for things to get going for us on the field.

jazzadogs
24-11-2023, 02:09 PM
There is a Black Friday offer of almost 50% off a bronze 9 game membership. Wonder if we got less renewals than we had hoped for...

Danny the snakeman
24-11-2023, 02:25 PM
There is a Black Friday offer of almost 50% off a bronze 9 game membership. Wonder if we got less renewals than we had hoped for...

Good deal with SC added.

Eastdog
24-11-2023, 08:45 PM
Received my 2024 Doggies membership pack today.

Got the usual things membership card of course, Scarf, lanyard, EJ Whitten social club badge and member sticker for the car.

merantau
27-11-2023, 10:44 PM
I bought 3 memberships as gifts today as the Black Friday deal was still open. Was told we are ahead of last year at this stage.

Smads57
29-11-2023, 06:27 PM
I was in the Bulldog Shop briefly the other day where there is a membership 'tally' on display and I'm fairly sure the number was in excess of 30K

Grantysghost
01-12-2023, 12:06 AM
Hawks already hit 50k...

Crazy. That's a lot of Labradors.

SquirrelGrip
01-12-2023, 10:17 AM
Hawks already hit 50k...

Crazy. That's a lot of Labradors.

No, a lot of Cavoodles - it's Hawthorn

Source: https://www.theage.com.au/national/victoria/what-are-the-most-popular-dog-breeds-in-your-postcode-20230630-p5dkq5.html

LostDog
01-12-2023, 06:36 PM
I feel like the head in the Rodney rude joke "not another hat" when I received my membership pack today another scarfe and the EJ whitten club badge wow they went all out. A little disappointed I must say

CM Punk
01-12-2023, 07:22 PM
I miss the old fixture fridge magnets.

Grantysghost
01-12-2023, 07:23 PM
I miss the old fixture fridge magnets.

Still get them from Melbourne victory they're great

Scraggers
06-12-2023, 02:32 AM
Got mine and my son’s pack today. The paraphernalia is getting worse every year. My son enjoyed the stickers with the name “Rose” on them. Shame that’s not his name really.

Hotdog60
06-12-2023, 08:18 AM
Shades of.....

:)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIMgEEASoWQ

jazzadogs
06-12-2023, 09:50 AM
I've got to chase them up, but a bit annoyed that a phone call I made in mid October to a) change payment method and b) cancel my wife's membership, was clearly not actioned. Despite the guy on the other end of the phone confirming that it was all sorted.

Because you don't get sent an invoice, and the online system is clunky and doesn't even show my own membership, it wasn't until the packs arrived yesterday that I realised we had still been charged for all memberships from the wrong bank account.

Very frustrating.

On the upside, I got my 20 years of membership badge!

azabob
06-12-2023, 09:51 AM
Got mine and my son’s pack today. The paraphernalia is getting worse every year. My son enjoyed the stickers with the name “Rose” on them. Shame that’s not his name really.

At least it turned up before xmas this time?

Axe Man
06-12-2023, 10:02 AM
The kids membership packs turned up last week and I thought they were decent. The bucket hat is a nice change from a cap every year and the drawstring bags will come in handy.

I opted for the $40 voucher which hasn't come through yet.

azabob
06-12-2023, 10:31 AM
The kids membership packs turned up last week and I thought they were decent. The bucket hat is a nice change from a cap every year and the drawstring bags will come in handy.

I opted for the $40 voucher which hasn't come through yet.

I think the voucher typically comes over email. Email comms from the club can be hit and miss.

Axe Man
06-12-2023, 10:52 AM

Didn't realise you were such a big fan of Campbell Rose that you named your son after him! Business smarts are underappreciated.

Scraggers
06-12-2023, 06:49 PM
Didn't realise you were such a big fan of Campbell Rose that you named your son after him! Business smarts are underappreciated.

It was actually Ruby Rose, but hey … let’s go with Campbell :p

ReLoad
06-12-2023, 07:12 PM
If I were in charge of the membership department……

I’d have a whole list of all of the options, your membership includes $X worth of rewards that you pick from.
If you want more stuff just add it to your cart.

So many options to upsell; merch, premium seating, events during the year, vfl stuff, aflw stuff, even an easy option for donations.

Prince Imperial
11-12-2023, 06:13 PM

I can't tell you the figure for 2023 membership at the equivalent time last year because the club did not release any numbers until March.

However, on 9 December 2021 (for 2022 membership) our total was 32,285 so I am guessing we are about the same total as for 2023.

GVGjr
11-12-2023, 06:51 PM
Seems like a very solid number for us. How good would it be to have 40K by Xmas.

Eastdog
11-12-2023, 08:32 PM
Seems like a very solid number for us. How good would it be to have 40K by Xmas.

Good chance. Seems like it is tracking well.

ledge
21-12-2023, 11:28 AM
Heads up the club is closed until jan 10.

Eastdog
21-12-2023, 08:34 PM
https://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/news/1479314/western-bulldogs-2024-christmas-office-hours

Western Bulldogs 2024 Christmas Office Hours
The Western Bulldogs advises its fans and members of the following closure dates over the Christmas period.

The Bulldogs Shop at VU Whitten Oval will be closed from Wednesday, December 20 2023, and will re-open on Wednesday, January 10 2024.

Merchandise will still be available for purchase during the closure period online at: shop.westernbulldogs.com.au/

The Club’s membership services (including the call centre) will also be closed over the holiday period from Wednesday December 20 2023, and will reopen on Wednesday, January 10 2024.

For information regarding Western Bulldogs 2024 membership options, or to purchase online, please visit membership.westernbulldogs.com.au.

Alternatively, you can email membership@westernbulldogs.com.au and a membership services team member will respond to your query after their return on Wednesday January 10, 2024.

The Club administration and the Barkers Cafe cart will be closed from Wednesday December 20 2023, and re-open on Wednesday, January 10 2024.

The Western Bulldogs staff and players wishes all of its members and fans a safe and happy festive season.

Hotdog60
24-12-2023, 11:42 AM
With some people receiving their Packs I thought I would just check my bank account to see if payments were taken out and found out that the last payment was in October.
This happen last year which was annoying and I had to chase them up. I signed up to be a Bulldog for life when it was first introduced and liked the idea of not having to worry about payments also having it come out once a month makes it a little easier than a lump sum.
I had to pay catch up last year and when they respond to my email I'll have to do the same again.
I wonder how many other members cop this and end up saying stuff it.
BTW the packs mean little to me and to be honest I would be much happier with a pin with the year on it like they did once before.

bornadog
24-12-2023, 01:19 PM
With some people receiving their Packs I thought I would just check my bank account to see if payments were taken out and found out that the last payment was in October.
This happen last year which was annoying and I had to chase them up. I signed up to be a Bulldog for life when it was first introduced and liked the idea of not having to worry about payments also having it come out once a month makes it a little easier than a lump sum.
I had to pay catch up last year and when they respond to my email I'll have to do the same again.
BTW the packs mean little to me and to be honest I would be much happier with a pin with the year on it like they did once before.

I opted for the Digital membership which means I don't get a pack, but get a Shop Voucher. However, I have three lots on my membership, ie Wife and daughter and me and they still sent out packs for them. Waste of money. Last year I ended up with 6 x AFLW packs (for 3 people) plus 2 x 50 year membership packs. Hopefully that is not repeated.

jazzadogs
24-12-2023, 04:53 PM
I opted for the Digital membership which means I don't get a pack, but get a Shop Voucher. However, I have three lots on my membership, ie Wife and daughter and me and they still sent out packs for them. Waste of money. Last year I ended up with 6 x AFLW packs (for 3 people) plus 2 x 50 year membership packs. Hopefully that is not repeated.

Yes I received four packs plus digital shop vouchers. Not sure if that's how it was meant to work.

Eastdog
01-01-2024, 08:48 PM
Happy New Year to all woofers.

Washed my car today at Highpoint and put my new 2024 Western Bulldogs member sticker on:

https://i.postimg.cc/njrBvVxZ/9460-D77-D-3-F71-4-E01-8-BB5-28-F915710-AC8.jpg (https://postimg.cc/njrBvVxZ)

Axe Man
08-01-2024, 02:51 PM

I think there was some sort of issue with the November payments - I received an email saying my payment was unsuccessful, yet the October payment had gone through without issue and nothing had changed. I rang the club and they couldn't see why it had occurred. I get the feeling the membership payment system is largely beyond the control of the clubs and is a centralised AFL thing.

as an aside I opted for the digital Bulldogs shop voucher over the pack and still haven't recevied anything.

ledge
08-01-2024, 03:18 PM
I think there was some sort of issue with the November payments - I received an email saying my payment was unsuccessful, yet the October payment had gone through without issue and nothing had changed. I rang the club and they couldn't see why it had occurred. I get the feeling the membership payment system is largely beyond the control of the clubs and is a centralised AFL thing.

as an aside I opted for the digital Bulldogs shop voucher over the pack and still haven't recevied anything.

My bank card had expired so they rang me telling me so I just had to just update it.

Prince Imperial
25-01-2024, 08:10 PM

Struggling really. At same date in 2022, we had 36,770 (there were no figures released around the same point in 2023).

GVGjr
25-01-2024, 08:18 PM

Struggling really. At same date in 2022, we had 36,770 (there were no figures released around the same point in 2023).

It doesn't sound like a bad number but we've got some work to do.

Saints are at nearly 40K

Prince Imperial
31-01-2024, 11:30 AM

GVGjr
31-01-2024, 11:55 AM

The club is apparently happy with the number and it's ahead of last year.

Prince Imperial
31-01-2024, 01:23 PM
The club is apparently happy with the number and it's ahead of last year.

We were on 36,994 on the 31/01/22 and the final tally was significantly up in 2023, so I'm surprised by it being ahead of last year.

I do know however that Kayo memberships renew in a couple of days, so there should be a jump due to that.

Given the failures of our men and women's football programs in 2023, I'm not surprised though that they are satisfied with the current tally.

bornadog
31-01-2024, 03:26 PM
kayo membership

https://membership.westernbulldogs.com.au/membership/digital-pass-kayo

Danny the snakeman
01-02-2024, 03:18 AM
Don't worry , whatever target the club sets we will once again miraculously make it just before the cut off.

Prince Imperial
06-02-2024, 02:22 PM

Eastdog
06-02-2024, 02:45 PM

Do you reckon we can get 60K this season PI? We need a really strong start to the season if we are any chance.

GVGjr
06-02-2024, 03:12 PM
Do you reckon we can get 60K this season PI? We need a really strong start to the season if we are any chance.

The club is apparently happy with the number of members signed so far and I guess that means 60K is still within a reasonable chance.

Prince Imperial
06-02-2024, 03:14 PM

We are about 500 behind where we were in 2022 at the same point and that year we ended up with under 51k so I think we are currently tracking miles away from 60k.

Prince Imperial
08-02-2024, 07:31 PM

bornadog
08-02-2024, 07:47 PM
Hopefully more sign up on season launch day

Prince Imperial
08-02-2024, 07:58 PM
Hopefully more sign up on season launch day

Indeed. We are 6k behind the Saints.

Grantysghost
08-02-2024, 08:22 PM

It's just the way it's always going to be.

Prince Imperial
08-02-2024, 11:09 PM
It's just the way it's always going to be.

They have a bigger supporter base than us (largely due to Bayside Melbourne remaining a very Anglo area post war) but we did have more members than them in 2014-17 and 2019.

Their historical Docklands home game average is 31,553 and ours is 29,845. Roy Morgan reported last year that they have 353k fans aged 14+ whilst we have 341K fans in this category so there is not a lot in it.

bornadog
10-02-2024, 04:57 PM

Go_Dogs
11-02-2024, 08:53 AM
I expect like many things, going to the football is a discretional spend that will be de-prioritised in the current environment, particularly off the back of our finish to 2023. If we win a few early games, we’ll make up some ground then. Hopefully we’ve forecast for reduced membership dollars and gate receipts and have some buffer in our financial plans. Has the potential to be a tough year.

Prince Imperial
14-02-2024, 03:47 PM

Scraggers
14-02-2024, 06:55 PM

Do they count pets like the Hawks do??

HOSE B ROMERO
14-02-2024, 08:28 PM
They have a bigger supporter base than us (largely due to Bayside Melbourne remaining a very Anglo area post war) but we did have more members than them in 2014-17 and 2019.

Their historical Docklands home game average is 31,553 and ours is 29,845. Roy Morgan reported last year that they have 353k fans aged 14+ whilst we have 341K fans in this category so there is not a lot in it.

I'd love to know how they come up with those figures?

Prince Imperial
14-02-2024, 09:06 PM
I'd love to know how they come up with those figures?

https://roymorgan-cms-dev.s3.ap-southeast-2.amazonaws.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/08/28233657/AustraliaFactBrochure2020_JuneWEB.pdf

Prince Imperial
15-02-2024, 04:59 PM

Nice jump.

ledge
15-02-2024, 07:07 PM

Nice jump.

Should get the big bump up on Friday week .

Axe Man
16-02-2024, 01:23 PM
https://i.postimg.cc/ryvRyNSz/40k.jpg (https://postimg.cc/vDtZ392d)

bornadog
16-02-2024, 07:40 PM
Record time - Excellent

Prince Imperial
16-02-2024, 09:38 PM
I posted this last year on 20 February and it does support that we have reached the 40k figure in record time:

A staff member from the membership department rang me today about a credit card matter and I took the liberty of enquiring about our current figure. She said it was 39k and just above the total for the same time last year.

Checking the 2022 thread, I see we were 38,824 on 17/2 and 39,169 on 21/2 so that seems correct.

Eastdog
17-02-2024, 01:59 AM
Great stuff!

Go Dogs!

Prince Imperial
17-02-2024, 01:08 PM

Grantysghost
19-02-2024, 07:56 PM
Membership commercial

https://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/news/1489346/unleash-more-in-24

Eastdog
19-02-2024, 09:10 PM

40,278 latest figure from the membership website.

Prince Imperial
21-02-2024, 03:02 PM

Prince Imperial
23-02-2024, 06:51 PM

bornadog
23-02-2024, 10:10 PM

Hopefully another surge after today

Prince Imperial
26-02-2024, 10:47 AM

Prince Imperial
28-02-2024, 12:00 AM

Prince Imperial
29-02-2024, 02:14 PM

Another nice jump.

Grantysghost
29-02-2024, 02:47 PM
Another nice jump.

Nice work Dog's fans!

Prince Imperial
02-03-2024, 07:00 PM

Eastdog
02-03-2024, 10:33 PM
Looks to be tracking well and I believe a higher figure than this time last year.

Prince Imperial
04-03-2024, 05:29 PM

GVGjr
04-03-2024, 05:34 PM

And with the Bulldogs day on SEN tomorrow we might push over 44K in a day or two.
Apparently we are ahead of our targets.

Eastdog
04-03-2024, 05:42 PM
https://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/news/1499966/bulldogs-blitz-taking-over-this-week

Bulldogs Blitz taking over this week

The Western Bulldogs’ annual membership blitz will make its return tomorrow, Tuesday 5 March, kicking off a week full of all things red, white and blue.

For one day only, the Bulldogs will take over the SEN airwaves from 6am – 7pm, giving fans and members a chance to hear from a number of key AFL and AFLW personnel.

Exclusive, not-to-be-missed membership offers will also be available and revealed tomorrow, so stay tuned to SEN 1116 and westernbulldogs.com.au for all the details.

7.05am: Marcus Bontempelli joins Garry and Tim

10.05am: Luke Beveridge joins Gerard Whateley

2.40pm: Kristie-Lee Weston-Turner joins Dwayne Russell

4.40pm: Kylie Watson-Wheeler joins Andy and Gazey

6.10pm: Cody Weightman joins Kane Cornes and Gerard Healy

Thursday Telethon

This Thursday will also mark the Bulldogs Blitz telethon, with players and staff hitting the phones to connect, thank and renew members.

Want a call, but you’re yet to renew or not a member? Register your chance to chat here.

Open Training

Catch a glimpse of the 2024 squad at open training this Friday morning, as we count down to round one against Melbourne.

Open Training: Friday 8 March, 9.30am – 12pm
Mission Whitten Oval

Note: to access Mission Whitten Oval, please enter via the Cross Street entrance. Please ensure that you bring appropriate sun protection and hydration.

There is also limited parking at the ground due to our ongoing redevelopment works. We advise that you park in the surrounding area and take note of any parking restrictions or consider public transport.

Out in the West

This weekend will also see the Bulldogs activating at two community festivals, with special membership offers and giveaways.

The mascots will also make an appearance – we’d love to see you there!

Begonia Festival: March 9 – 11, from 10am – 5pm
Ballarat Botanical Gardens

Yarraville Festival: March 10, from 10am – 8pm
Wood’s Street Precinct, Yarraville

Prince Imperial
05-03-2024, 05:02 PM

With daily updates, this is a membership counter's dream period...

bornadog
05-03-2024, 05:07 PM

This on 10 March 2023

Just sneaked over 44,000 in membership numbers. 5% more than they anticipated according to membership department.

bornadog
05-03-2024, 05:24 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GH4GuJdbYAA-gV_?format=jpg&name=medium

Grantysghost
05-03-2024, 05:48 PM

It's your time to shine PI.... I'm so happy for you !

Prince Imperial
05-03-2024, 11:16 PM
It's your time to shine PI.... I'm so happy for you !

Thanks mate. I cheer on every update like it's a goal from the 2016 finals...

Prince Imperial
06-03-2024, 02:21 PM

Eastdog
06-03-2024, 02:25 PM
Thanks for the daily membership number updates PI.

Target 60,000!

GVGjr
06-03-2024, 02:46 PM

That's a substantial jump. We've still got some work to do but we are moving forward nicely.

bornadog
07-03-2024, 11:48 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GIBjioFaAAAxWt6?format=jpg&name=medium

Prince Imperial
07-03-2024, 03:29 PM

Axe Man
07-03-2024, 04:42 PM
If anybody gets a call from Tim tell him you will happily re-sign just as soon as he does.

https://i.postimg.cc/J0H1pj4g/english.jpg (https://postimg.cc/vxMFBgnL)

Happy Days
07-03-2024, 04:59 PM
Jesus get him a standing desk

Grantysghost
07-03-2024, 05:13 PM
If anybody gets a call from Tim tell him you will happily re-sign just as soon as he does.

https://i.postimg.cc/J0H1pj4g/english.jpg (https://postimg.cc/vxMFBgnL)

I feel he's just going to spring out of there accidentally and end up through the ceiling.

bornadog
07-03-2024, 06:13 PM
I feel he's just going to spring out of there accidentally and end up through the ceiling.

almost
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GICT10tbkAAeDND?format=jpg&name=large

hujsh
07-03-2024, 06:23 PM
When I actually see English he seems quite likeable.

josie
07-03-2024, 06:42 PM

Purchased a tartan doggies scarf from shop today and on way in from street level I caught glimpse of Sam Darcy & another tall player, whom I couldn?t catch a look of, were on their way out (by the time I craned my neck up to see it was Sam it was too late to see who other player was). Might have been Tim but had a feeling it was someone a tad shorter than Sam.

Geez they are tall!!!

Happy Days
07-03-2024, 07:51 PM

You ever met a guy from rural WA? They’re great, they will laugh at absolutely any joke you tell them.

Prince Imperial
08-03-2024, 02:40 PM

Prince Imperial
09-03-2024, 08:53 PM

Prince Imperial
12-03-2024, 11:01 AM

bornadog
12-03-2024, 12:18 PM

50k would be great before Sunday

Prince Imperial
17-03-2024, 06:37 PM

Today's Groundhog Day capitulation isn't going to help.

Prince Imperial
21-03-2024, 01:57 PM

GVGjr
21-03-2024, 02:21 PM

It's a nice number. Let's hope we get a win and a few new members jump on from there.

Prince Imperial
25-03-2024, 01:55 PM

With our first home game in Melbourne to come and after a good win, hopefully we can crack the 50k mark before Sunday.

GVGjr
25-03-2024, 04:17 PM

With our first home game in Melbourne to come and after a good win, hopefully we can crack the 50k mark before Sunday.

We would need to get a rattle on with some public holidays to come.

Prince Imperial
25-03-2024, 04:49 PM
We would need to get a rattle on with some public holidays to come.

Most people buy online these days I would reckon.

Prince Imperial
26-03-2024, 11:58 AM

Axe Man
28-03-2024, 02:09 PM
https://i.postimg.cc/TwJPsW9f/50k.jpg (https://postimg.cc/1n4PnX2j)

Prince Imperial
28-03-2024, 03:25 PM

Somebody at the club is reading this thread...

ledge
28-03-2024, 03:33 PM
Somebody at the club is reading this thread...

You be surprised who is in WOOF.

Prince Imperial
28-03-2024, 04:00 PM
You be surprised who is in WOOF.

No doubt, and it would prudent for some people at the club to keep an eye on passionate and considered members' thoughts about off field issues.

Prince Imperial
28-03-2024, 04:01 PM
For comparison's sake, we reached the 50k mark on 20 April last year.

whythelongface
28-03-2024, 05:16 PM

Couple more early wins and we will have a spike in membership. What is the goal ? 55k - that would be a good target

hujsh
28-03-2024, 05:16 PM

Nice

Axe Man
28-03-2024, 05:19 PM
Couple more early wins and we will have a spike in membership. What is the goal ? 55k - that would be a good target

Check the graphic I posted - 60k. ;)

Prince Imperial
09-04-2024, 11:46 AM

Prince Imperial
14-04-2024, 06:45 PM

Hotdog60
14-04-2024, 07:04 PM
Keep going the way we are 60,000 might be a stretch

Prince Imperial
18-04-2024, 12:24 PM

ledge
18-04-2024, 12:30 PM
Keep going the way we are 60,000 might be a stretch

Will have accept 55 and that will be a stretch now.

Prince Imperial
23-04-2024, 04:54 PM

bornadog
23-04-2024, 08:11 PM

Slow

Prince Imperial
29-04-2024, 01:43 PM

bulldogtragic
29-04-2024, 01:53 PM
Almost stopped.

hujsh
29-04-2024, 03:39 PM
Almost stopped.

Surprised it hasn't gone backwards. I was tempted to cancel the auto renewal after the Essendon game. Not like I go to the games (or really have any desire to) anymore

Mantis
29-04-2024, 03:43 PM
Surprised it hasn't gone backwards. I was tempted to cancel the auto renewal after the Essendon game. Not like I go to the games (or really have any desire to) anymore

Just do it.

When you cancel let me know and I'll buy another one to cover you.

hujsh
29-04-2024, 04:11 PM
Just do it.

Canceling the auto-renewal isn't throwing the card in the microwave. What if I ended up still getting the 25 membership? If you want to add an extra membership Just do it. Don't wait for me.

EasternWest
29-04-2024, 04:29 PM
Just do it.

Why wait? Just buy one if you've got the disposable cash.

Or was your point to try and embarrass someone exercising their right to choose how to spend their money?

Mantis
29-04-2024, 04:58 PM
Why wait? Just buy one if you've got the disposable cash.

Or was your point to try and embarrass someone exercising their right to choose how to spend their money?

I was reacting to a bullshit throwaway line.

The poster in question has been on this board for 17 years which to me tells me they're sort of invested in the club or perhaps just really like your jokes. So, if they're going to question how they spend their money on the back of a shit performance then yeah, I'm going to call it out.

EasternWest
29-04-2024, 05:21 PM

The poster in question has been on this board for 17 years which to me tells me they're sort of invested in the club or perhaps just really like your jokes. So, if they're going to question how they spend their money on the back of a shit performance then yeah, I'm going to call it out.

You do you.

Nobody really likes my jokes so it can't be that. I'm more of a "tolerated because we're not sure if he has guns" kind of guy.

hujsh
29-04-2024, 06:06 PM

Hey if you're serious I already have a second membership. I'll cancel the auto renewal for the gameday one and donate what I would have spent to charity. I watch the games, I never attend anymore, so it's all charity in the end.

I think expressing the frustration I felt at the time and what it made me consider is valid to the topic of why memberships aren't going up much even if I didn't act on that frustration. Cause ultimately you're lashing out at me saying I thought about something and didn't follow through. Not threatening to do something, just expressing the frustration the day or two after. It's not something I've felt during the Bevo reign. I did have a lapsed year or two during the McCartney era though.

Jasper
29-04-2024, 08:32 PM

Almost stopped.

We really do need a impressive win against the Hawks to get this kick started.

Mantis
30-04-2024, 11:39 AM
Hey if you're serious I already have a second membership. I'll cancel the auto renewal for the gameday one and donate what I would have spent to charity. I watch the games, I never attend anymore, so it's all charity in the end.

I think expressing the frustration I felt at the time and what it made me consider is valid to the topic of why memberships aren't going up much even if I didn't act on that frustration. Cause ultimately you're lashing out at me saying I thought about something and didn't follow through. Not threatening to do something, just expressing the frustration the day or two after. It's not something I've felt during the Bevo reign. I did have a lapsed year or two during the McCartney era though.

We're all bloody frustrated by the inconsistent performances the team is putting out there at present... and watching us can make us feel like kicking the TV in, but to me the thought of not supporting the club financially is non-negotiable.

Whilst your comment may have been flippant, and you were never going to act on it I have low tolerance for supporters (not saying you're this) who try and hold the club to ransom.

Anyway, I've signed up for a secondary membership.

hujsh
30-04-2024, 12:14 PM
We're all bloody frustrated by the inconsistent performances the team is putting out there at present... and watching us can make us feel like kicking the TV in, but to me the thought of not supporting the club financially is non-negotiable.

Whilst your comment may have been flippant, and you were never going to act on it I have low tolerance for supporters (not saying you're this) who try and hold the club to ransom.

Anyway, I've signed up for a secondary membership.

I'll keep mine in place ;).

I've made a donation too. Since you put your money where your mouth is I should too.

Prince Imperial
03-05-2024, 05:15 PM

A big jump.

For the nearest comparison, we were on 51,056 on 5 May last year.

Axe Man
03-05-2024, 05:21 PM

A big jump.

Wow, Mantis must have inadvertently added a couple of extra zeros to his order. ;)

bornadog
03-05-2024, 05:56 PM

A big jump.

60K here we come

EasternWest
03-05-2024, 06:17 PM

A big jump.

Mantis has been busy.

Prince Imperial
06-05-2024, 01:31 PM

Another miraculous big jump.

Grantysghost
06-05-2024, 01:35 PM

Another miraculous big jump.

Gordo had the credit card out :p

Prince Imperial
13-05-2024, 02:23 PM

Prince Imperial
18-05-2024, 08:52 PM