PDA

View Full Version : WOOF Welcomes Lachlan Bramble to the Kennel

bornadog
27-11-2023, 12:31 PM
https://resources.afl.com.au/photo-resources/2023/11/27/1a8e694b-4238-4116-a831-039318f65ba0/XAhQyuuN.jpg?width=1064&height=600

THE WESTERN Bulldogs have provided Lachlan Bramble with a second chance, signing the delisted Hawk after the pre-season supplemental selection period (SSP) opened on Monday.

The 25-year-old has started training with Luke Beveridge?s squad, with the main group reporting back for pre-season training a week after the club's first to fourth-year players.

Bramble played 30 games across three seasons at Waverley Park, including 11 appearances in 2023, after being signed by the Hawks via the SSP at the start of 2021.

listed on Hawks site as:

MIDFIELDER

Height: 182cm
Weight: 77kg

ledge
27-11-2023, 12:34 PM
Good pick up.

jDogs
27-11-2023, 12:38 PM
I know nothing about him, but a quick search suggests he has been playing in defence, is he a lockdown or rebounding type?

hujsh
27-11-2023, 12:39 PM
Quick look at the Hawks BF board and it seems he's much more of a running player (half back or mid) than a lockdown small. If he can add that to his game there's a spot there for him. Sounds like his run and ball use is good though.

Testekill
27-11-2023, 12:41 PM
Happy with picking him up, he came to the Hawks as a mid but I've primarily seen him in defence. Was great against Footscray in the VFL finals.

GVGjr
27-11-2023, 12:42 PM
I'm really pleased with selection. He can play in a variety of positions and is ready to go

doggiesin08
27-11-2023, 12:56 PM
Just based on the VFL final against Footscray he seems a better break glass option for a BP or HBF than VDM so I’m on board.

soupman
27-11-2023, 01:06 PM
I think he is a winger, and am surprised we have grabbed him considering we just drafted 2 and he is a similiar level to Poulter and Baker.

I do rate him though, good runner, breaks the lines and finds the ball a bit easier than Baker.

Not sure about his one on one work in defence.

GVGjr
27-11-2023, 01:17 PM
I think he is a winger, and am surprised we have grabbed him considering we just drafted 2 and he is a similiar level to Poulter and Baker.

I do rate him though, good runner, breaks the lines and finds the ball a bit easier than Baker.

Not sure about his one on one work in defence.

I think we will use him out of defence and he is a safe guard for Duryea.

soupman
27-11-2023, 01:21 PM
I think we will use him out of defence and he is a safe guard for Duryea.

Me too I guess, it's just he's always struck as more of the Ed Langdon type. Hard runner and long kicker who plays pretty wide.

Sedat
27-11-2023, 01:30 PM
I think this is an astute decision in isolation, but I am mystified by the 3 years given to VDM and 2 years to Baker (and to a lesser extent the 2 years given to Poulter).

These 4 have taken up a lot of space on the list for 2024-2025 (and 2026 in the case of VDM), and if we're being kind the jury is still out on all of them as viable and bankable medium to long-term AFL standard players.

Grantysghost
27-11-2023, 01:36 PM
This is a good pick up. He was amazing in that semi v the Dogs at Box Hill. He ran and ran and ran and had a ton of the ball. From memory decent disposal too.
Half back/wing I think.

Grantysghost
27-11-2023, 01:44 PM
I know nothing about him, but a quick search suggests he has been playing in defence, is he a lockdown or rebounding type?

Here's the mini of the vfl semi, I'm sure he will pop up regularly you probably don't need to watch the entire thing.

https://www.afl.com.au/video/1027685/vfl-mini-match-r22-box-hill-v-footscray?videoId=1027685&modal=true&type=video&publishFrom=1694223000001

Bulldog Revolution
27-11-2023, 01:53 PM
Cant believe I posted a thread on this thinking I was first to the punch and had outplayed BAD

Interesting selection - decisively quick from the listen management team - competition for spots on a wing

G-Mo77
27-11-2023, 02:05 PM
I think this is an astute decision in isolation, but I am mystified by the 3 years given to VDM and 2 years to Baker (and to a lesser extent the 2 years given to Poulter).

These 4 have taken up a lot of space on the list for 2024-2025 (and 2026 in the case of VDM), and if we're being kind the jury is still out on all of them as viable and bankable medium to long-term AFL standard players.

I don't mind the money ball selections but like you said it's a long term investment for a ceiling that already looks to have been reached by all. All these guys as well as Scott are good VFL players and one their day are ok at AFL level. Not sure on this guy, I doubt his best football is in front of him or there are many new tricks available.

The Bulldogs Bite
27-11-2023, 02:15 PM
I know nothing about Bramble, but we've had a clear plan to change (and improve) our lack of depth over the off-season AND bring in high end elite talent.

We've done both by bringing in the likes of Harmes, Coffield, Bramble, Sanders, and Croft.

Super impressed but as with anything in footy, nothing is guaranteed. Probably know what we get with Harmes but if Coff/Bramble come on, it'll make a big difference.

kruder
27-11-2023, 02:20 PM
We have had a good off season, defence is still the worry for mine. I think Bramble has shown more than Mcsteal happy to have him on board.

dog town
27-11-2023, 02:23 PM
Bramble is a ball carrier, loves a running bounce. Pretty obvious we are trying to add some run and carry to the team (arguably 2-3 years too late) but the intent is the right one.

jazzadogs
27-11-2023, 02:46 PM
Welcome Lachie. Will have his work cut out for him to craft a spot in the best 23, but he has some good tools.

A good leader for Footscray at the least, and a reliable but limited best 22 option at best.

Sedat
27-11-2023, 02:52 PM
I don't mind the money ball selections but like you said it's a long term investment for a ceiling that already looks to have been reached by all. All these guys as well as Scott are good VFL players and one their day are ok at AFL level. Not sure on this guy, I doubt his best football is in front of him or there are many new tricks available.
Forgot about Scott - at least he has versatility to be able to contribute in multiple different areas. He is also a total pro who is team-oriented to a fault.

I think Scott has shown more at AFL level than VDM, Baker and Poulter. He might not have one killer selling point (ie: VDM supposedly has pace, Poulter has a leg cannon) but he does most things to an acceptable AFL standard. His challenge is to stay involved for longer in games.

Anyway welcome to the kennel Lachie. A couple of Hawks work colleagues have talked him up today and were sorry to see him go. The phrase "far too good for VFL level" was mentioned more than once.

GVGjr
27-11-2023, 03:35 PM
Cant believe I posted a thread on this thinking I was first to the punch and had outplayed BAD

Interesting selection - decisively quick from the listen management team - competition for spots on a wing

It was the first full training session last year when Oskar Baker arrived at the club as well.
Bramble seems to provide some depth for us in a few positions and I think there is a bit of a theme with our recruiting in the off season that with both Harmes and Bramble we might start using some 'run with' options on occasions.

Prince Imperial
27-11-2023, 03:51 PM

VDM is contracted until 2025. And he shouldn't be, I believe given what he has shown.

https://www.zerohanger.com/bulldog-laitham-vandermeer-signs-multi-year-deal-138383/

Sedat
27-11-2023, 04:46 PM
VDM is contracted until 2025. And he shouldn't be, I believe given what he has shown.

https://www.zerohanger.com/bulldog-laitham-vandermeer-signs-multi-year-deal-138383/
Thanks PI, for some reason I thought he was given 3 years recently but happier that it is only 2. Really it should only have been 1 year at best IMO - I'm not bullish on VDM despite his pace attributes, which is an area of obvious weakness still on the list.

bornadog
27-11-2023, 05:36 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F_6rNTZagAA0e0t?format=jpg&name=large

MrMahatma
27-11-2023, 05:58 PM
Is he better than McComb?

Willofwest
27-11-2023, 06:12 PM
I think this selection is safe guard against injury to JJ, Poulter and Baker. Maybe Williams is able to go back to HBF.

josie
27-11-2023, 06:20 PM
From having nil or few wings now we quite a few.

Anyone know what Bramble's pace and skills are like?

jazzadogs
27-11-2023, 06:29 PM
There are quite a few videos of his highlights on YouTube. I liked this one from his fourth game - two years ago, but shows some of what we probably hope we are getting.

https://youtu.be/2LKvS8MLQLA?feature=shared

jeemak
27-11-2023, 06:34 PM
Thanks PI, for some reason I thought he was given 3 years recently but happier that it is only 2. Really it should only have been 1 year at best IMO - I'm not bullish on VDM despite his pace attributes, which is an area of obvious weakness still on the list.

Nobody's been proactive enough to maintain a thread with that sort of information so your guess was pretty solid.

azabob
27-11-2023, 06:34 PM

If...only if...Axeman created this bloody contracts thread he keeps harping on about....

GVGjr
27-11-2023, 06:49 PM
From having nil or few wings now we quite a few.

Anyone know what Bramble's pace and skills are like?

Very good pace attributes especially running out of the back line. His kicking skills seem to be sound as well. Consistency might be the challenge.

Grantysghost
27-11-2023, 06:57 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F_6rNTZagAA0e0t?format=jpg&name=large

Is he from a 1970s footycard?

josie
27-11-2023, 07:17 PM
Very good pace attributes especially running out of the back line. His kicking skills seem to be sound as well. Consistency might be the challenge.

Thanks. I noted in highlights clip although he is a right footer he did kick with his left once, which did hit intended target.

bornadog
27-11-2023, 07:24 PM

Needs to get into shape:D

hujsh
27-11-2023, 08:07 PM
Needs to get into shape:D

Uh oh. BAD's got a live one folks

Dazza
27-11-2023, 08:10 PM
This is a good pick up. He was amazing in that semi v the Dogs at Box Hill. He ran and ran and ran and had a ton of the ball. From memory decent disposal too.
Half back/wing I think.

He was very good that day. Wonder if it played a part in recruiting him

GVGjr
27-11-2023, 08:11 PM
He was very good that day. Wonder if it played a part in recruiting him

I think many of us were saying the same thing about Rory Lobb although he was coming off his best season.

josie
27-11-2023, 09:24 PM
I think many of us were saying the same thing about Rory Lobb although he was coming off his best season.

If he plays like he did against Cats in last round he’ll be worth the 2 round 2 picks & more. Here’s hoping he can bring that level consistently.

Twodogs
29-11-2023, 01:39 PM
This discussion about footy skills and what position he will play is all very well and good but what's his nickname?

If he doesn't have a nickname then he doesn't exist as far as I am concerned.

I'm suggesting Wilfred after the actor who played Albert in Steptoe And Son

GVGjr
29-11-2023, 04:42 PM
This discussion about footy skills and what position he will play is all very well and good but what's his nickname?

I've never had a filling or a decayed tooth and it was because as a kid my grandmother told me that if I didn't brush my teeth properly I'd end up looking like Steptoe. Thanks Nan.

Sedat
29-11-2023, 04:47 PM
For the EPL fans out there, it has to be Titus surely

Stevo
29-11-2023, 05:10 PM
Shame to read he was in light duties today but I think he will play a few games for us. Not without a chance to find a spot in our back line.

Smads57
29-11-2023, 06:22 PM
Shame to read he was in light duties today but I think he will play a few games for us. Not without a chance to find a spot in our back line.

I failed to mention in the pre-season training thread he had some strapping on one of his shoulders. Given there were a lot of tackling drills today, he may have been advised to keep to the lighter 'running drills' for today.

MrMahatma
29-11-2023, 06:28 PM
Is he better than McComb?

No one willing to stick their neck out here?

bornadog
29-11-2023, 06:31 PM

Anyone is better than McComb :)

azabob
29-11-2023, 07:10 PM

Wilfred is my cats name, interestingly enough he is missing a number of teeth….

jazzadogs
29-11-2023, 09:13 PM

McComb is probably a better centre bounce mid than Bramble, but I think Bramble would have him covered in most other roles.

Rudgey88
30-11-2023, 09:40 AM
My first reaction to this appointment, was that he could be the Duryea replacement?

Although maybe with his athletic traits he will play half back flank and allow us to utilize Bailey dale on the wing?

Bulldog Joe
30-11-2023, 10:13 AM
Anyone is better than McComb :)

Certainly more chance of a meaningful contribution.

That may change when we see him play.

Mofra
30-11-2023, 12:31 PM
My first reaction to this appointment, was that he could be the Duryea replacement?

Although maybe with his athletic traits he will play half back flank and allow us to utilize Bailey dale on the wing?
I don't get the 'Dale to wing' obsession. He's an AA quality backman, and in the last 12 Months we've signed Williams, Scott, Baker, Poulter, Arty Jones and we just drafted Freijah and O'Driscoll, and Hawks fans seem to think Bramble's best position is either a running HB or defensive wingman.

Twodogs
30-11-2023, 01:17 PM
I've never had a filling or a decayed tooth and it was because as a kid my grandmother told me that if I didn't brush my teeth properly I'd end up looking like Steptoe. Thanks Nan.

I can still remember my dear old nan (who died in 1980) watching Steptoe and saying 'oh that filthy old man'

GVGjr
30-11-2023, 01:36 PM
The knock on Bramble from Hawks mates is that he undoes a lot of good work by missing his kicks so there is work to do there.
Both Hawks mates were surprised he was delisted.

Twodogs
30-11-2023, 08:15 PM
The knock on Bramble from Hawks mates is that he undoes a lot of good work by missing his kicks so there is work to do there.

Maybe Hawthorn had to make a difficult decision in order to fit Gunston and Giniven's wage in? After all they probably hadn't planned on either of them landing at the Hawks before the trade period so anyone without a contract would have been in the gun.

GVGjr
30-11-2023, 08:19 PM
Maybe Hawthorn had to make a difficult decision in order to fit Gunston and Giniven's wage in? After all they probably hadn't planned on either of them landing at the Hawks before the trade period so anyone without a contract would have been in the gun.

I doubt they've got a squeeze on the cap and they should be chasing some bug names next season.
Bramble wouldn't be on a lot. Probably just came out of contract at the wrong time and they already have a couple of taggers.

BornInDroopSt'54
01-12-2023, 06:26 PM

Looks like "The Axe", Simon Aitken.

BornInDroopSt'54
01-12-2023, 06:29 PM
Wilfred is my cats name, interestingly enough he is missing a number of teeth….

Does Wifred willfully do a fred?

Happy Days
01-12-2023, 06:44 PM
Man he looks haggard as shit (compliment maybe?)

Bulldog Joe
01-12-2023, 07:06 PM
Looks like "The Axe", Simon Aitken.

you mean Simon Atkins

Twodogs
01-12-2023, 08:00 PM
you mean Simon Atkins

Axe.

"How long do you need Axe?"

"A quarter of a second. Just give me a quarter of a second"

macca
01-12-2023, 10:14 PM
you mean Simon Atkins

I dont know why but when the VFL was on TV, it aleays seemed to show the weeribee games witb Atkins getting a heap of the ball. Really enjoyed his weekly player updates

Mavericks
01-12-2023, 11:17 PM
No harm in giving him a chance. Has played AFL, has pace and adds depth to the list

PR0408
05-12-2023, 11:31 PM
For those that watch training regular how’s bramble tracking?
Think the bramble selection was brilliant. Helps with depth in small defender role. Played some quality VFL last year also.

GVGjr
06-12-2023, 12:39 AM
Think the bramble selection was brilliant. Helps with depth in small defender role. Played some quality VFL last year also.

He's not participating in all of the drills and I assume it's because of an injured shoulder but the next week or two will start to tell the story. His kicking skills seem to have stood up okay in the various drills I have seen and from Hawks mates that was his biggest challenge. I'll try and have a closer look over the next 2 sessions.

Bulldog4life
06-12-2023, 03:11 PM

Yep agree on that. He is fast too which is a great asset.

mighty_west
07-12-2023, 04:14 PM
It is good that the club is focusing on bringing in speed, although i feel as though Bramble could just be Baker MK2, one of those in and out of the team, plays well for 2 weeks, plays a bad game and gets dropped, repeat.

Only watched parts of the VFL final v Hawks, and if he can bring that level consistency, then there is no reason he could play quite a few games.

GVGjr
07-12-2023, 04:19 PM
It is good that the club is focusing on bringing in speed, although i feel as though Bramble could just be Baker MK2, one of those in and out of the team, plays well for 2 weeks, plays a bad game and gets dropped, repeat.

Only watched parts of the VFL final v Hawks, and if he can bring that level consistency, then there is no reason he could play quite a few games.

I was thinking along those lines just the other day but I'm guessing that the point of difference could more around that Bramble can play as a defender or even as a run with role in the midfield as he has done with the Hawks. With Duryea not always on the park that might be a handy option for us. Here is hoping that they both stay healthy.

angelopetraglia
17-03-2024, 10:56 PM
Neil Cordy on Twitter:

Shout out to
@westernbulldogs
Lachlan Bramble. Huddo informed me, in the call, he’s wearing my old number 29 because I taught his dad. That’s pretty cool

angelopetraglia
17-03-2024, 10:59 PM
Loved watching #29 Cordy do his stuff when I was a young boy.

Neil Cordy on who he would support in the 2016 GF.

"But today, family comes first. I hope the Bulldogs do it for my nephew, Zaine, and his family. My family.

My three brothers Brian (Zaine and Ayce’s dad), Graeme, Roger and I all played for the Dogs and we have never seen them in a grand final.

My nephew Ayce was there for seven years until last year. Words can’t describe what a win would mean to all of us"

FrediKanoute
18-03-2024, 08:40 PM
Thought he did well yesterday. In the batch that can hold heir heads up!

bornadog
18-03-2024, 09:11 PM
Only Bulldog to get coaches votes

Happy Days
31-03-2024, 11:43 PM
Just so everyone remembers I had this first. He’s good.

Eastdog
31-03-2024, 11:56 PM
Been very impressed with his first few weeks with us. Been very good. Looking like a nice pick up so far.

josie
01-04-2024, 12:49 AM
Been very impressed with his first few weeks with us. Been very good. Looking like a nice pick up so far.

Hear hear.

hujsh
01-04-2024, 01:23 AM
Looks great so far, I'm weary though as it's not uncommon for a player to get a bit of a rejuvenation at a new club then bounce back down to Earth a partway through the year. Think Sam Lloyd with us or Lipinski/Young at their new clubs. One of the many things mjp has educated us on which I partly remember.

Hoping he's more of a Biggs type though

ledge
01-04-2024, 04:31 AM
Looks great so far, I'm weary though as it's not uncommon for a player to get a bit of a rejuvenation at a new club then bounce back down to Earth a partway through the year. Think Sam Lloyd with us or Lipinski/Young at their new clubs. One of the many things mjp has educated us on which I partly remember.

Hoping he's more of a Biggs type though

TBH I think he is a different person player to them, Lipinski is an outside receiver and a little soft, no defensive skills ,Young sadly is soft.
Bramble is the hard at it player with speed and takes the game on.
I don’t think he has it in him to be any less.

dog town
01-04-2024, 08:59 AM
I was a bit shocked at some of the reactions to his practice match performances. A bad match up on Hardwick aside he was great and with speed that we desperately needed. The reactions to his performances seemed to be taking in their previously formed views of him rather than what had just transpired.

Always liked this pick, look at how our ball movement fell apart with injuries to JJ and Richards last year. We needed speed and a few queries on his decision making were well worth the risk.

GVGjr
01-04-2024, 09:43 AM
I was a bit shocked at some of the reactions to his practice match performances. A bad match up on Hardwick aside he was great and with speed that we desperately needed. The reactions to his performances seemed to be taking in their previously formed views of him rather than what had just transpired.

Always liked this pick, look at how our ball movement fell apart with injuries to JJ and Richards last year. We needed speed and a few queries on his decision making were well worth the risk.

The amount of negative comments about our recruitment of Bramble on sites like X was surprising.
Even in the last couple of weeks the recruiting team were copping it. I'm hoping yesterdays performance starts a bit of a rethink for a few people.
Like most lower profile players who arrive at the Kennel we will need Bramble to back it up over a period of time to really win the doubters over.

EasternWest
01-04-2024, 09:55 AM
Just so everyone remembers I had this first. He?s good.

If only we could narc and verify this claim, Johnny come lately.

Ozza
01-04-2024, 12:37 PM
Very impressed with Bramble. Very composed, good user, good speed.

Seems a good find.

Sedat
01-04-2024, 01:10 PM
The knock on Bramble at the Hawks was his kicking and also decision-making - he was iffy a couple of times yesterday but his run and dare this season so far has been a very welcome addition to our previous static and stilted D50 rebound game.

jeemak
02-04-2024, 12:19 AM
I went pretty wild at him yesterday when he ignored the inside targets and blazed.

He kept me quiet, like he mostly has, to date after that. I like that he runs at everyone.*

*Don't reckon I'd like to go to a party with him until he matures a bit.

Dry Rot
02-04-2024, 12:36 AM
It is interesting that so many were so happy about picking up Coffield but not Bramble.

I know that Coffield has continued his rotten luck with injuries recently, but before that he seemed somewhere between just okay and promising.

In contrast, the no-frills Bramble has been pretty impressive.

Bulldog4life
02-04-2024, 10:02 AM
Just so everyone remembers I had this first. He?s good.

I thought it was me.

macca
03-04-2024, 12:51 AM
Bramble has now played 33 games, so his going to get to that 50 game mark, where he could become a a good senior player. The good thing is he spent 30 games learning his craft at Hawthorn's expense.

His a good pickup and i think he will learn to play to his strengths. That first quarter kick for goals was really stupid and it highlighted his poor kicking when better options were available near the goal posts.

He reads the play really well. He is averaging 23 disposals, 15.3 kicks and 6.7 marks! so far his having his best season in his career. touch wood, his upwards trajectory continues.

54Bulldog16
03-04-2024, 02:24 AM
I am pleasantly surprised. Did not expect this level of performance, especially so early on. Learning a new game plan and new team mates, I would expect him to grow more and more as this gels further. Great cheap pick up.

Curly5
03-04-2024, 09:42 AM
I think people were dubious because it seemed to be a last-minute pick-up from leftovers. Remembering the last player we got from the Hawks was a bust, nobody was very hopeful. We didn’t know what the qualities were that attracted our recruiters to this slightly scruffy-looking individual badly in need of a Toby McLean makeover. A million apologies, Lachlan! You have been very impressive so far and we wish you a long and successful career as a Bulldog defender.

bornadog
03-04-2024, 10:03 AM

Talking to my Hawks friend on Monday, he said the same about his kicking. So far he has been pretty good with his disposal.

GVGjr
03-04-2024, 10:19 AM
I think people were dubious because it seemed to be a last-minute pick-up from leftovers. Remembering the last player we got from the Hawks was a bust, nobody was very hopeful. We didn’t know what the qualities were that attracted our recruiters to this slightly scruffy-looking individual badly in need of a Toby McLean makeover. A million apologies, Lachlan! You have been very impressive so far and we wish you a long and successful career as a Bulldog defender.

I don't think he was in anyway a last minute addition and we probably would have even traded for him had we just had some more currency. The fact that we added him to the list on the day the SSP window opened is a sign we had a strong interest in him.
We could have easily offered him the chance to trial with us but listed him anyway.
That indicates that we saw something in him and had a role for him. Who knows if it ends up being a success or not but at least he's off to a good start.

Grantysghost
03-04-2024, 10:38 AM
I don't think he was in anyway a last minute addition and we probably would have even traded for him had we just had some more currency. The fact that we added him to the list on the day the SSP window opened is a sign we had a strong interest in him.
We could have easily offered him the chance to trial with us but listed him anyway.
That indicates that we saw something in him and had a role for him. Who knows if it ends up being a success or not but at least he's off to a good start.

If you watch the semi final in the VFL v Box Hill last year he dominated off half back, i'd suggest his name was up on the white board after that as a Duryea replacement.

Bulldog Joe
03-04-2024, 10:52 AM
If you watch the semi final in the VFL v Box Hill last year he dominated off half back, i'd suggest his name was up on the white board after that as a Duryea replacement.

We have always picked up players who play well against us.

This one is looking like a much more positive addition.

Twodogs
03-04-2024, 06:40 PM
We have always picked up players who play well against us.

This one is looking like a much more positive addition.

Yep. That's long seemed to be a trait of our recruiting strategy. Even way back in the late '70s I can remember my dad pointing out rubbish players who happened to have a day out against us and saying "they'll be in the red, white and blue next year" 9 times out of 10 he was right.

But Bramble seems to have brought some qualities we really need.

Before I Die
04-04-2024, 12:41 PM
Bramble has now played 33 games, so his going to get to that 50 game mark, where he could become a a good senior player. The good thing is he spent 30 games learning his craft at Hawthorn's expense.

His a good pickup and i think he will learn to play to his strengths. That first quarter kick for goals was really stupid and it highlighted his poor kicking when better options were available near the goal posts.

He reads the play really well. He is averaging 23 disposals, 15.3 kicks and 6.7 marks! so far his having his best season in his career. touch wood, his upwards trajectory continues.

This is not a knock on Bramble as he has been very good. However, re best stats, he is taking most of the kick ins, and that does inflate kicks and possibly metres gained.