PDA

View Full Version : WOOF Supercoach League

GVGjr
25-01-2024, 05:51 PM
All,

Scraggers will most likely still do his head-to-head Supercoach league and Footy Tips again this year but I thought I'd also start an Supercoach WOOF Open league this year. The point of difference is that this isn't a weekly head-to-head encounter each week but purely based on point accumulation of your team.

If you are interested in joining the league number is 524214. You can just load your team, make your trades and rather than focus on wins/loses or finals etc this will just be on your accumulated scores each week.

weltschmerz
25-01-2024, 09:19 PM
The Broady Binchickens have arrived.

Happy Days
26-01-2024, 07:29 PM
I’m in.

Rocco Jones
13-02-2024, 12:55 PM
I run a SC Draft set up with relegation/promotion.

A few Woofers are in it and we have a spot in one of the leagues. PM if keen.

Rocco Jones
13-02-2024, 01:41 PM
Spot taken.

GVGjr
15-02-2024, 07:42 PM
Just a reminder that WOOF Invitational supercoach league this year.
There is no head to head matches just a competition to see who can get the highest total scores for the season.
It's in the normal Classic league format and importantly there is no additional work because as you make changes to your supercoach team the score you generate is just picked up.

Basically you just join this league 524214 to your team and what you score is progressively added even through the bye weeks.
We only have 7 members at the moment so I hope a few more will join in.

Rocco Jones
19-02-2024, 02:31 PM
I run a SC Draft set up with relegation/promotion.

A few Woofers are in it and we have a spot in one of the leagues. PM if keen.

1-2 from my league set up haven't got back to me, so 1-2 spots if anyone keen please send me a PM.

GVGjr
21-02-2024, 08:10 PM
All,

Scraggers will most likely still do his head-to-head Supercoach league and Footy Tips again this year but I thought I'd also start an Supercoach WOOF Open league this year. The point of difference is that this isn't a weekly head-to-head encounter each week but purely based on point accumulation of your team.

If you are interested in joining the league number is 524214. You can just load your team, make your trades and rather than focus on wins/loses or finals etc this will just be on your accumulated scores each week.

Just checking in to see if there are anyone else interested? We have 10 in the league now and it would be good if we could double that.

Grantysghost
21-02-2024, 08:11 PM
Just checking in to see if there are anyone else interested? We have 10 in the league now and it would be good if we could double that.
Yep I'll join

Grantysghost
21-02-2024, 08:16 PM
I'm in

Sorry to everyone else who will clearly lose now

Doc26
21-02-2024, 11:33 PM

I’ve just joined G.

Mantis
22-02-2024, 08:22 AM
I've just joined up too.

Axe Man
22-02-2024, 10:24 AM
In as usual.

Was going to go with "Demon Drug Dealers" as team name but decided against it.

Grantysghost
22-02-2024, 10:28 AM
In as usual.

I've started calling them the Cranbourne Cokeheads to Demons supporting friends. Zing on two levels.

GVGjr
22-02-2024, 10:37 AM
In as usual.

We are up to 14 teams now.

azabob
22-02-2024, 10:52 AM

How much weekly effort is typically required?

Is there a link you can post where to sign up etc.

Have never done this before.

Grantysghost
22-02-2024, 10:55 AM

Bit of initial outlay - pick your team (there are a heap of guides you can use as a template).

Then weekly it's doing trades and selecting your starting side allowing for injuries etc.

I'd say no more than an hour a week would get you through. If you want to beat G though, you'll need a team of monkeys working around the clock.

GVGjr
22-02-2024, 11:00 AM

If you already have a supercoach team all you have to do is join league 524214.
The scores from that team will just be added to this one. It's not a head to head league just a points accumulation.

If you don't have a team but are interested then perhaps join up and select a side.
40 trades this year so a fair bit of time to fix any errors or to jump on to a players who's started to rack up the scores.

GVGjr
26-02-2024, 07:19 PM
Okay, we still have just 14 players in the open competition. If you are interested please join league 524214

By the way, Rocco has been running a draft comp league for many years and we have one spot open in the Moore Masters league if anyone is interested? There are actually 3 leagues this year with a promotion and relegation option.

We've just completed the 'luck of the draw' lotto spin to determine the draft order so this is how it played out

1 - Mentone Mavericks
2 - Benella Bears
3 - Springs Chickens
4 - Broady Bin Chickens
5 - MT Crocs
6 - Yarramatta Eels
7 - Burwood Highwaymen
8 - Gisborne Goats
9 - Team 12 (MJP's spot if he joins but time is ticking) MJP please check your messages.
10 - Huntingdale Hawks
11- Kensington Killers
12 - Tallangatta Nightingales

GVGjr
29-02-2024, 09:49 AM
Okay, we still have just 14 players in the open competition. If you are interested please join league 524214

By the way, Rocco has been running a draft comp league for many years and we have one spot open in the Moore Masters league if anyone is interested? There are actually 3 leagues this year with a promotion and relegation option.

We've just completed the 'luck of the draw' lotto spin to determine the draft order so this is how it played out

1 - Mentone Mavericks
2 - Benella Bears
3 - Springs Chickens
4 - Broady Bin Chickens
5 - MT Crocs
6 - Yarramatta Eels
7 - Burwood Highwaymen
8 - Gisborne Goats
9 - Round One Bulls
10 - Huntingdale Hawks
11- Kensington Killers

Just a reminder that the Moore Masters draft in on Monday 4th of March at 5.30pm EST.
If you miss the draft the system will select players on your behalf which typically includes a few players with LT injuries

For the WOOF Invitation comp in the Classic format we have moved up to 15 players and it would be nice if we could get a few more teams involved. The league number is 524214 I might add a couple of so called experts like Heath Shaw and Mike Hussey (Mr Cricket has achieved some very good results in SC) to the comp and you can test your scoring abilities against them.

Grantysghost
29-02-2024, 10:11 AM

1 - Mentone Mavericks
2 - Benella Bears
3 - Springs Chickens
4 - Broady Bin Chickens
5 - MT Crocs
6 - Yarramatta Eels
7 - Burwood Highwaymen
8 - Gisborne Goats
9 - Team 12 (MJP's spot if he joins but time is ticking) MJP please check your messages.
10 - Huntingdale Hawks
11- Kensington Killers

I'm going to stuff up pick 3 arent I....

Axe Man
29-02-2024, 10:15 AM

Pick 3 - L. McNeil. Can't go wrong.

Grantysghost
29-02-2024, 10:26 AM
Pick 3 - L. McNeil. Can't go wrong.

Done.

GVGjr
29-02-2024, 10:39 AM

I can't see how, way too many talented players :)

Glove38
29-02-2024, 11:33 PM
Just joined as well. Thanks

GVGjr
03-03-2024, 03:11 PM
Just a reminder that the Moore Masters draft is on tomorrow Monday 4/3/24 at 5.30pm EST.

Good luck to all coaches

mjp
04-03-2024, 07:47 PM
I think selecting both Finn Callaghan AND Bailey Scott 2 picks before me at the end of the draft was dirty pool. One I was fine with. Both? That seemed unfair.

GVGjr
04-03-2024, 08:38 PM
I think selecting both Finn Callaghan AND Bailey Scott 2 picks before me at the end of the draft was dirty pool. One I was fine with. Both? That seemed unfair.

I had a few players stolen from me a pick or two beforehand. The Chook man was one who stole from me and interestingly enough a chicken lady stole Col Sanders one pick before mine. Fowl play from both of them :)

jazzadogs
04-03-2024, 08:59 PM
I'm not sure if it deserves its own thread, as my fantasy brethren might not read the supercoach thread...but I only play AFL fantasy/fantasy draft these days. Any interest in setting up a league, from people on here?

Grantysghost
04-03-2024, 09:07 PM
I'm not sure if it deserves its own thread, as my fantasy brethren might not read the supercoach thread...but I only play AFL fantasy/fantasy draft these days. Any interest in setting up a league, from people on here?

Heathen!

Id join if there was one

Grantysghost
04-03-2024, 09:22 PM
I had a few players stolen from me a pick or two beforehand. The Chook man was one who stole from me and interestingly enough a chicken lady stole Col Sanders one pick before mine. Fowl play from both of them :)
Hahaaaa

Soligo was mine!

HD did well getting Berry (Crows) think he's going to be ok.

GVGjr
18-03-2024, 06:09 PM
Just a reminder that WOOF Invitational supercoach league this year.
There is no head to head matches just a competition to see who can get the highest total scores for the season.
It's in the normal Classic league format and importantly there is no additional work because as you make changes to your supercoach team the score you generate is just picked up.

Basically you just join this league 524214 to your team and what you score is progressively added even through the bye weeks.
We only have 7 members at the moment so I hope a few more will join in.

Our R1 leader is team Barnstoneworth who also achieved a top 1,000 ranking performance in the overall competition.

Grantysghost
18-03-2024, 06:23 PM
Our R1 leader is team Barnstoneworth who also achieved a top 1,000 ranking performance in the overall competition.

Very impressive.