PDA

View Full Version : Woof Player Awards Rnd 5 - Western Bulldogs vs Richmond

BulldogBelle
20-04-2008, 12:45 AM
There are two awards that you can vote on, once the game is completed.

Voting closes each Tuesday at 8.00pm.

The first one is for the Joe Marmo Medal for the best players on the ground.

There are 4 votes allocated and it's a 4 for the best and of course 3, 2 and 1.

and

The second award is for the Ron James Medal for the best 2 pups on the ground.

2 Votes allocated - 2 being for the best pup and 1 for the runner-up
Remember the cut off age for a pup is 22 as at the 1st of January, 2008

GVGjr
20-04-2008, 07:14 PM
This is a hard one. I'm tempted to give them to the Richmond players

Marmo
4 - Akermanis
3 - Giansiracusa
2 - Boyd
1 - Murphy

James
2 - Griffen
1 - Hill

LostDoggy
20-04-2008, 07:27 PM
Marmo
4 - Akermanis
3 - Minson
2 - Hahn
1 - Cooney

James
2 - Griffin
1 - Wight? (if hes under 22)

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
20-04-2008, 07:36 PM
Marmo

4. Cooney
3. Cross
2. Giansiracusa
1. Minson

James

2. Griffen
1. Hill

wimberga
20-04-2008, 07:37 PM
Marmo
4)Cooney
3)Gia
2)Lake
1)Morris

James
2)Harbrow - Didnt see much of the ball, but seeing at the game, his defensive pressure and tackling are awesome
1)Griff

Rocket Science
20-04-2008, 10:34 PM
Marmo
4) Boyd - Almost solely for his defensive efforts on a day when he had precious little company
3) Giansiracusa - Smooth, productive game, used his possessions shrewdly
2) Cross - Courageous, never gave up, whether with the ball or without
1) Murphy - Clever and creative in spurts

James
2) Harbrow - Good endeavour, didn't touch the leather enough but hassled and scrapped all day
1) Griffen - Ran hard but was fairly well held and failed to use the ball with customary sharpness

LostDoggy
20-04-2008, 10:39 PM
Marmo
4)Minson - could be becoming a gun?
3)Gia - Solid
2)Hahn - Solid
1)Cross - Norm crossie.. good goal near boundary

James
2)Harbrow - Few touches
1)Griff - not very good game but no one else played good ither.

BulldogBelle
20-04-2008, 10:43 PM
Marmo

4- Daniel Cross
3- Jason Akermanis
2- Adam Cooney
1- Robert Murphy

James

2. Griffen
1. Harbrow

The Coon Dog
20-04-2008, 11:22 PM
4. Jason Akermanis
3. Will Minson
2. Daniel Giansiracusa
1. Matthew Boyd

Max469
20-04-2008, 11:35 PM
4- Daniel Cross
3- Jason Akermanis
2- Adam Cooney
1- Robert Murphy

2. Griffen
1. Harbrow

The Coon Dog
20-04-2008, 11:38 PM
james

2 - griffen
1 - nobody deserved it
If you were completely honest you'd have to say the same for the 2 votes too.

LostDoggy
21-04-2008, 12:07 AM
I actually though Boyd was very poor. Chose too many poor options.
4. Murphy
3. Cross
2. Minson
1. Aker

bornadog
21-04-2008, 09:33 AM
4. Boyd
3. Gia
2. Cross
1. Murphy

2. Griffen - very poor game - kicked a goal so gets a vote
1 Addison - tried hard throwing the body in.

1eyedog
21-04-2008, 10:00 AM
4-Aker
3-Cooney
2-Gilbee
1-Minson

LostDoggy
21-04-2008, 10:19 AM
I must have been at a different game. Take a look at Boyd's last quarter, terrible.
He might have got some stats but he was far from our best.

GVGjr
21-04-2008, 10:22 AM
I must have been at a different game. Take a look at Boyd's last quarter, terrible.

A few good tackles and a nice kick to Griffen that resulted in a goal. He turned the ball over a bit too much early in the game but I thought he was productive in the last quarter.

The Coon Dog
21-04-2008, 10:23 AM

Don't totally agree, but I do see your point. I think this week was a terribly difficult week to vote on as no one stood out for a prolonged period. Players had reasonable quarters or played in patches so it was a case of trying to remember just who did well & for how long.

This is one where I can see all 3 players who poll in the Brownlow all being Tigers.

LostDoggy
21-04-2008, 10:30 AM
Don't totally agree, but I do see your point. I think this week was a terribly difficult week to vote on as no one stood out for a prolonged period. Players had reasonable quarters or played in patches so it was a case of trying to remember just who did well & for how long.

This is one where I can see all 3 players who poll in the Brownlow all being Tigers.

I agree we didn't really have a winner on the day.
I gave mine to Murp cos he brought us back into the game. Cross was consistent without being dominate. Minson played well in the last and Aker tried hard all day.

BulldogBelle
21-04-2008, 11:08 AM
4. D. Cross
3. R. Murphy
2. C. Wight
1. J. Akermanis

2. D. Addison
1. R. Griffen

Go_Dogs
21-04-2008, 11:56 AM
Not voting as I didn't see/hear the game - thankfully. Seems like a tough week to give votes.

FrediKanoute
21-04-2008, 12:40 PM
4. Minson - his stat's just dont tell the whole story. His pressure and attack on the ball got us at least one other goal
3. Akermanis - though he was great early, though faded a little in the seond half. wasn't his usual one touch game, but still found enough of the ball to be damaging
2. Hahn - was really good through the middle part of the game, attacked and crash packs, chased etc. In the end he ran out of puff.
1. Gilbee - mainly on account of his three goals

Pups

2. Addison - I though he was pretty good today. Fixed up McMahon pretty well early in the game and showed reasonable composure. Not a star, but probably the best of the pups.
1. Griffen - mainly because no-one else really stood up. When he got it he used it pretty well, just didnt get it often enough.

lowedog
21-04-2008, 12:44 PM
I actually though Boyd was very poor. Chose too many poor options.
4. Murphy
3. Cross
2. Minson
1. Aker

Couldn't agree more Ern. Thought it was his poorest game since stepping up in the main on ball rotation. Some of his decision making, especially near the end, was completely out of character.

lowedog
21-04-2008, 12:48 PM
I agree we didn't really have a winner on the day.
I gave mine to Murp cos he brought us back into the game. Cross was consistent without being dominate. Minson played well in the last and Aker tried hard all day.

not according to tim Watson. After chasing someone down the outer wing, but shepperded out of the contest, Timmy said he(Aker) didn't try and chase. Couldn't believe he said that. Very harsh, from a bloke that really made a career out of finishing off everyone else's hard work!

Ozza
21-04-2008, 02:38 PM
4. Cross - Thought he was terrific, chased, tackled, smothered, got the ball consistently.
3. Akermanis- Great in the first quarter and the last...his finishing touches were crucial.
2. Lake - A lot of important marks when needed - none more so than in the last 30 seconds!
1. Cooney - Won the clearances. Played well when others were down in the middle of teh game.

RJ

1. Griffen - wasn't great - but did some timely things
2. Addsion - just thinking about that brilliant handball on the back flank in teh second quarter.

Just one point - very surprised to see Hahn pop up in some votes. I though Mitch lowered his colours this round. Refused to give to teh first option - tried to take on the opposition too much when not called for and generally played selfish football. I know crash and bash is his go - but yesterday some of his attempts to take on tacklers were ridiculous.

1eyedog
21-04-2008, 03:35 PM
4. Cross - Thought he was terrific, chased, tackled, smothered, got the ball consistently.
3. Akermanis- Great in the first quarter and the last...his finishing touches were crucial.
2. Lake - A lot of important marks when needed - none more so than in the last 30 seconds!
1. Cooney - Won the clearances. Played well when others were down in the middle of teh game.

RJ

1. Griffen - wasn't great - but did some timely things
2. Addsion - just thinking about that brilliant handball on the back flank in teh second quarter.

Just one point - very surprised to see Hahn pop up in some votes. I though Mitch lowered his colours this round. Refused to give to teh first option - tried to take on the opposition too much when not called for and generally played selfish football. I know crash and bash is his go - but yesterday some of his attempts to take on tacklers were ridiculous.

Agree with Mitch playing selfish football yesterday. Seemed to self-destruct and just blaze away too many times.

hujsh
21-04-2008, 05:24 PM
Acka
Murph
Minno
Lake

Felt like no 'pups' deserved votes today so they get none from me

Sockeye Salmon
21-04-2008, 05:37 PM
4. Cross
3. Boyd
2. Cooney
1. Akermanis

I know Boyd stuffed up a few times but I'd rather someone who has a crack and stuffs up than someone who plays safe and never makes a mistake.

Aker could have kicked 6. Josh Hill missed him from 20m away (not acceptable and doesn't fall under the 'have a crack' rule). Minson didn't use him and tried to do it all himself in the 3rd and someone else (Griffen maybe?) didn't give it off about 5 minutes later as well.

Bulldog Revolution
21-04-2008, 06:04 PM
I know Boyd stuffed up a few times but I'd rather someone who has a crack and stuffs up than someone who plays safe and never makes a mistake.

Couldn't agree more, Boyd made mistakes but with players like him and Morris I never question their desire, commitment or concentration.

Marmo:

4. Boyd
3. Cross
2. Murphy
1. Minson

Pups:

2. Addison
1. Griffen

LostDoggy
21-04-2008, 07:42 PM
4. Cross
3. Aka
2.Minson
1.Murphy

2. Griffen
1. Addison

Dry Rot
21-04-2008, 07:48 PM
Marmo:

4. Aker
3. Cross
2. Lake
1. Minson

Pups:

2. Addison
1. Griffen

The Underdog
22-04-2008, 09:02 AM
4. Cooney - I haven't watched the whole game back and he was down on disposals but my overwhelming thought after the game was that he was incredibly important in the clearances and without him in the last we wouldn't have got close.
3. Cross
2. Akermanis
1. Boyd

A tough game to give votes and even guys like Boyd are causing debate as to the worth of their game. As some others have done, I've given no James votes because I didn't think any of the eligible players showed anything that would earn them votes.

LostDoggy
22-04-2008, 09:02 AM
Both coaches gave Boyd votes.

BulldogBelle
22-04-2008, 08:51 PM
Voting closes in 10 mins