PDA

View Full Version : Always Right Match Committee Round 6 vs St Kilda

Scraggers
22-03-2024, 04:14 PM
Welcome to the Always Right Match Committee Thread. The Match Committee threads has been named after long time WOOF member Always Right who tragically passed away in March 2018.

If you were on the Western Bulldogs match committee, what changes would you make after our Round Five match against Essendon for our Round Six match against St Kilda at Marvel on Thursday night.

For those new to these threads, please give a brief explanation for your changes ... this would add a lot of value to the discussion.

GVGjr
12-04-2024, 10:25 AM
Bump

GVGjr
12-04-2024, 11:55 PM
How many are we dropping?

G-Mo77
13-04-2024, 12:02 AM

We'll do so much soul searching this week. Pat each other on the backs and put our arms around each other and then names our team. Sanders for McNeil.

Happy Days
13-04-2024, 12:05 AM

https://youtu.be/8P9qaqgxReE?si=HtEOVCkBmvY2O5z8

JanLorMill
13-04-2024, 12:07 AM
Looks like Libba will be a forced out. Take your pick on the 4 others.

GVGjr
13-04-2024, 12:07 AM
Apparently Sanders chucked a tanty when he was told he was being subbed out of the game according to an ABC groundsman. Malthouse said that if it was true then Sanders won't play for a couple of weeks.

PR0408
13-04-2024, 12:09 AM
Garcia harmes Clarke in
Sanders gags dale need a rest
I?d give sanders a week off. Play gags at vfl level in the middle and Dale at half back in the vfl.

azabob
13-04-2024, 12:13 AM
We'll do so much soul searching this week. Pat each other on the backs and put our arms around each other and then names our team. Sanders for McNeil.

Hard not to laugh at this.

westdog54
13-04-2024, 12:32 AM
Just saw the Libba collapse. (Left early-ish as my son wasn't feeling well). That was horrible to watch. If he's not playing we could use Daniel's experience back in.

Caught the second half of the VFL game. Garcia put up a good showing. I think he takes Sanders' spot.

I'd bring Poulter back in at Gallagher's expense.

Harmes played well, he can come in for for Baker.

Happy Days
13-04-2024, 12:34 AM

You bastard, I lost my shit at this so bad.

angelopetraglia
13-04-2024, 12:36 AM
I seriously think Bevo will consider dropping Tim. It will have to be discussed.

At his mid week presser he put the acid on him. Said we need a big game from him. Said we were dominated around the ruck stoppages the week prior.

So asked Tim for a big game. Tim delivers his worst performance in many, many years.

Out. English.
In. Lobb.

Happy Days
13-04-2024, 12:36 AM
I seriously think Bevo will consider dropping Tim. It will have to be discussed.

At his mid week presser he put the acid on him. Said we need a big game from him. Said we were dominated around the ruck stoppages the week prior.

So asked Tim for a big game. Tim delivers his worst performance in many, many years.

Out. English.
In. Lobb.

I mean I didn’t want to be the one to say it.

Grantysghost
13-04-2024, 12:39 AM
Apparently Sanders chucked a tanty when he was told he was being subbed out of the game according to an ABC groundsman. Malthouse said that if it was true then Sanders won't play for a couple of weeks.

Didn't take long to piss off the prized recruit.

He would have been way down the list of players i would have subbed. Thought he was at least creating over lap.

DadBod
13-04-2024, 12:40 AM
Dale, VDM, Williams, Baker should be the ones under pressure.
- Either Williams plays back, or he doesn't play.
- VDM has had little effect all year.
- Baker had a good game against GC but his disposal tonight was beyond poor.
- Dale had the strength of wet toilet paper and the desperation of a sloth.

Who comes in?
Harmes for Baker
Garcia for Dale
Clarke for VDM
Poulter (22 disp, 10 marks, 2 Tackles) for Williams.

Cameron for Bevo.

Happy Days
13-04-2024, 12:44 AM
Didn't take long to piss off the prized recruit.

He would have been way down the list of players i would have subbed. Thought he was at least creating over lap.

Okay maybe but unreal if you blame Bevo for this.

Grantysghost
13-04-2024, 12:45 AM
Okay maybe but unreal if you blame Bevo for this.
I blame jeemak.

Happy Days
13-04-2024, 12:47 AM
I blame jeemak.

I reckon we play Jeemak next week. His ball use would be better than Oskar Baker’s.

lemmon
13-04-2024, 12:48 AM

Out. English.
In. Lobb.

This is also the coach that's stubbornly refused to play genuine tap/stoppage rucks whenever we've had one on the list. Bev's laying in the bed he made.

angelopetraglia
13-04-2024, 12:52 AM
This is also the coach that's stubbornly refused to play genuine tap/stoppage rucks whenever we've had one on the list. Bev's laying in the bed he made.

Yes. But he has pulled the trigger on Daniel and Macrae. He is doing some different things.

kruder
13-04-2024, 01:00 AM

Did he even come on in the 3rd quarter? I thought he was solid first half just allowed a few balls to spill from the stoppage, he wasn't alone though. I'm a little confused at why we are giving him very little TOG even when he hasn't been subbed, it's like we have played a few players down( been similar with Darcy and Gags also) in the first few weeks with this strategy.

jeemak
13-04-2024, 02:34 AM
I reckon we play Jeemak next week. His ball use would be better than Oskar Baker’s.

It actually would.

bulldogsthru&thru
13-04-2024, 02:50 AM
We will get absolutely creamed next week. The saints are our opposite. Well drilled and effort giving. Soft , effortless and clueless teams don't do well against Ross Lyon sides.

Happy Days
13-04-2024, 02:51 AM
It actually would.

You can actually tell who would have good use by their posting. BAD for example would have terrible use but he would find a ton of it.

jeemak
13-04-2024, 02:52 AM
You can actually tell who would have good use by their posting. BAD for example would have terrible use but he would find a ton of it.

That is putrid. :D

Vred
13-04-2024, 05:47 AM
Play the kids.
Buss, Clarke, Artie, Garcia, Freij, Bedendo, I'd play every single one of them. I'd rather start pumping games into our next gen vs whatever the hell we're trying to achieve now.

PR0408
13-04-2024, 06:32 AM
Dale, VDM, Williams, Baker should be the ones under pressure.
- Either Williams plays back, or he doesn't play.
- VDM has had little effect all year.
- Baker had a good game against GC but his disposal tonight was beyond poor.
- Dale had the strength of wet toilet paper and the desperation of a sloth.

Who comes in?
Harmes for Baker
Garcia for Dale
Clarke for VDM
Poulter (22 disp, 10 marks, 2 Tackles) for Williams.

Cameron for Bevo.

I want Clarke but not at VDM?s expense

westdog54
13-04-2024, 08:35 AM

Out. English.
In. Lobb.

Afraid not. Lobb went off before 3qt and had his left ankle iced up at full time.

angelopetraglia
13-04-2024, 08:51 AM
Afraid not. Lobb went off before 3qt and had his left ankle iced up at full time.

No problems. What about the next ruckman on our list ...........

azabob
13-04-2024, 08:53 AM

Ryan Gardner is the next fit ruckman and he ain?t that.

westdog54
13-04-2024, 10:01 AM

Feeding Ryan Gardiner to Rowan Marshall doesn't help anybody.

Hotdog60
13-04-2024, 10:08 AM
I'm sure the Bont will step up for ruck duties.

Danjul
13-04-2024, 10:13 AM
Yes. But he has pulled the trigger on Daniel and Macrae. He is doing some different things.
??..?

I thought Macrae was one of our best players. The only one whose game was based on getting the ball into a teammates hands.

From Naughton?s first goal to his last the result was due to Macraes smarts.

lemmon
13-04-2024, 10:28 AM
Feels a bit like ineffectual shuffling around the edges, but:

Out - Baker, Dale, Bramble
In - Poulter, Garcia, Daniel

Baker's kicking was terrible so straight swap for Poulter.

Sanders drops to sub with Garcia taking his midfield role. I'd like to keep Sanders in the side, but we just don't have enough inside mid slots and Garcia has to play.

Rough on Bramble who's been good, but he was awful last night. I'd prefer the ball in Caleb's hands coming off half back.

JanLorMill
13-04-2024, 10:48 AM
We made Daniel one of our vice captains then we drop him or play him as sub. He has to be an in as we lacked leadership last night.

1eyedog
13-04-2024, 11:23 AM
Why doesn't Bevo make positional changes? Im not talking about Naughton forward or Buku in the ruck necessarily but we have a plethora of half backs and play midfielders across half forward so why don't we throw Dale forward for six weeks?

Did Bevo lose trust in himself after the Easton Wood forward fiasco?

azabob
13-04-2024, 11:32 AM
Why doesn't Bevo make positional changes? Im not talking about Naughton forward or Buku in the ruck necessarily but we have a plethora of half backs and play midfielders across half forward so why don't we throw Dale forward for six weeks?

Did Bevo lose trust in himself after the Easton Wood forward fiasco?

Because we’ve already had the Bailey Dale failed forward experiment.

Dale is a player who needs everything to be on his terms- we’ve literally tried him in all parts of the ground.

Should have traded him for teen pick last year and also moved on Macrae for a second rounder. This isn’t hindsight, I called it out last year.

bornadog
13-04-2024, 11:40 AM
We need to inject some experience. 10 players with 50 or less games, and some are not up to it

azabob
13-04-2024, 11:43 AM
We need to inject some experience. 10 players with 50 or less games, and some are not up to it

A lot changes in a week hey? Last week you mentioned that stat as a positive.

Mofra
13-04-2024, 11:43 AM
Out:
Bramble (sorry the mix isn't right, we're 1 defender too many)
Libba (do not risk him)
English (if you don't compete in the air as a ruck, you've broken a non-negotiable)

In:
Garcia (selection integrity)
Lobb (50/50 ruck/forward with Darcy)
Harmes (integrity and he tackles)

I'd be tempted to bring Daniel back but he wasn't good at VFL level.

Not sure what to do with Gags & Sanders - do we give them a run in the VFL? Clarke debut may be on the cards and West plays further up the ground because we sure do need a 'spark' and Clarke seems like the type of annoying bastard to give us one.

1eyedog
13-04-2024, 11:51 AM
Hopefully CD passes a drug test and is back in next week. Weird weird weird to leave him out. Not the reason we lost by a long shot but we are the sum of our parts. Dale off so long as sub as well. Weird. You invest so much and for so long you just have to back your experienced players in to turn it around.

1eyedog
13-04-2024, 11:54 AM
Because we’ve already had the Bailey Dale failed forward experiment.

Dale is a player who needs everything to be on his terms- we’ve literally tried him in all parts of the ground.

Should have traded him for teen pick last year and also moved on Macrae for a second rounder. This isn’t hindsight, I called it out last year.

I have no recollection of this so will take your word for it that it was a dropped lasagne.

EasternWest
13-04-2024, 03:05 PM
I reckon we play Jeemak next week. His ball use would be better than Oskar Baker?s.

Good news for you, Baker out, Harmes in.

We talk to Port about a short term loan of Jordon Sweet.

That is putrid. :D

jeemak a great contributor in all areas but questionable disposal late in games.

The Adelaide Connection
13-04-2024, 03:10 PM
Rumours there was a crisis meeting at WO this morning and that we could be in for a press conference on Monday.

Out: Bevo?

EasternWest
13-04-2024, 03:30 PM
Rumours there was a crisis meeting at WO this morning and that we could be in for a press conference on Monday.

https://i.postimg.cc/Y0JHmmP7/xI27LD.gif (https://postimages.org/)

angelopetraglia
13-04-2024, 03:32 PM

Fake news. Is the source of rumour from the fake Tom Browne parody account?

https://x.com/TomBrowne7/status/1778947164850557055

azabob
13-04-2024, 03:52 PM
Fake news. Is the source of rumour from the fake Tom Browne parody account?

https://x.com/TomBrowne7/status/1778947164850557055

Lol. How are people still falling for this?

Tom Brown isn’t even in the media anymore!!!

EasternWest
13-04-2024, 04:01 PM
Lol. How are people still falling for this?

Tom Brown isn’t even in the media anymore!!!

https://i.postimg.cc/GtXtsWgk/images.jpg (https://postimages.org/)

The Adelaide Connection
13-04-2024, 04:07 PM
Nah, I hadn?t seen that- not on X. I have had it come via various people- but if we follow the trail back maybe that?s where it came from? Who knows.

Bit of there wasn?t a meeting, let?s hope there soon is.

G-Mo77
13-04-2024, 04:54 PM
Well Libba is officially out now.

azabob
13-04-2024, 04:57 PM
Well Libba is officially out now.

Where was that reported?

G-Mo77
13-04-2024, 04:58 PM
Where was that reported?

You should get a message on the app mate

Grantysghost
13-04-2024, 04:59 PM
Where was that reported?

https://resources.westernbulldogs.com.au/photo-resources/2024/04/13/7a374ce9-2eed-48ba-9d4e-6f4444a5f032/IMG_8045.jpeg?width=1064&height=600

Immediately following last night?s fixture against Essendon, Tom Liberatore reported to the Bulldogs? medical team with no concussion symptoms and passed a head injury assessment, conducted as per AFL protocols.
Tom remains without concussion symptoms this morning. However, given the concerning nature of in-game footage during the final minutes that show Tom falling to the ground, the Club?s medical team has subsequently reached a decision to place him in concussion protocols.
This decision has been taken with an abundance of caution, with Tom?s health and wellbeing the absolute priority.
As a result, Tom will miss Thursday?s match against St Kilda and will continue to be monitored.

Hotdog60
13-04-2024, 05:00 PM
https://www.afl.com.au/news/1107300/western-bulldogs-midfielder-tom-liberatore-ruled-out-after-concerning-mid-game-collapse

Grantysghost
13-04-2024, 05:01 PM
Whatever genius came up with the messaging direction immediately after the game last night had made the club look a little silly. People have eyes he didn't trip.

Hotdog60
13-04-2024, 05:01 PM
Garcia for Libba I think.

G-Mo77
13-04-2024, 05:05 PM
Garcia for Libba I think.

Garcia is a lock now.

chef
13-04-2024, 06:02 PM
Whatever genius came up with the messaging direction immediately after the game last night had made the club look a little silly. People have eyes he didn't trip.

Its made us look pretty amateur.

G-Mo77
13-04-2024, 06:04 PM

Pretty embarrassing night all round.

The Bulldogs Bite
13-04-2024, 08:12 PM

Embarrassing.

merantau
13-04-2024, 08:30 PM
I was amazed that Sanders was subbed out.

josie
13-04-2024, 10:03 PM

Me too. Thought O?Donnell was going to be subbed. Or Williams.

Grantysghost
13-04-2024, 10:18 PM
I didn't understand it either.

Getting killed in the midfield lets bring on a hbf.

kruder
13-04-2024, 10:25 PM
Me too. Thought O?Donnell was going to be subbed. Or Williams.

I'm still a little shocked that more woofers haven't questioned JOD getting a game last night. There is no way with his preparation that he should have been brought into the side underdone. The kid has talent but hasn't proven at all that he is a KPD at VFL level yet and once again was showed up at the higher level.

G-Mo77
13-04-2024, 10:26 PM
I didn't understand it either.

Getting killed in the midfield lets bring on a hbf.

To be fair it was one of the rare times I showed any emotion. When I saw he was subbed I got out of the couch, threw my arms up in the air said a few expletives and took the dog outisde to the toilet.

G-Mo77
13-04-2024, 10:27 PM
I'm still a little shocked that more woofers haven't questioned JOD getting a game last night. There is no way with his preparation that he should have been brought into the side underdone. The kid has talent but hasn't proven at all that he is a KPD at VFL level yet and once again it showed at the higher level.

He babbled something about getting him ready for St.Kilda next week?

EasternWest
13-04-2024, 10:30 PM
To be fair it was one of the rare times I showed any emotion. When I saw he was subbed I got out of the couch, threw my arms up in the air said a few expletives and took the dog outisde to the toilet.

Your dog has an outdoor toilet? Plush.

kruder
13-04-2024, 10:34 PM

Yep best place for that was in the VFL.

Grantysghost
13-04-2024, 10:50 PM
That was odd too.

His whole press conference was weird.

Implying a rebuild, downplaying Libba incident, saying JOD played because the Saints have tall forwards (did we take Essendon lightly?).

Scorlibo
13-04-2024, 11:10 PM
That was odd too.

His whole press conference was weird.

Implying a rebuild, downplaying Libba incident, saying JOD played because the Saints have tall forwards (did we take Essendon lightly?).

Bevo's been really upbeat and energetic in media appearances this year, but that presser was a return to last year's defeated and weary Bevo. You just have to hope he brought more energy to addressing the playing group post game.

jeemak
14-04-2024, 01:52 AM
JOD getting a run in the seniors is better preparation than playing against EFC's twos, given we were apparently playing EFC's twos anyway! If you wanted him ready to go against the Saints then getting him a senior run was absolutely the right thing to do. He's a junior player, easing him in is a no brainer.

And JOD's inclusion isn't where we lost it. It's a sideshow.

Bevo's presser whilst not his best was fine last night, and I thought more so than last week he was pragmatic about how the opposition outplayed us and brought more effort to the contest. I feel after the Geelong game he didn't give them enough credit.

A bit like after the Melbourne game he made a really good point about being surprised by some of the elements that let us down in terms of execution and effort, and that it needs to be addressed during the week. In plain language.

Things aren't going great - last night was a bit of a shock, but picking apart every element of how someone presents after that shock is a bit silly for mine. Taking a step back and empathising with the pressure that's a round the place at the moment, there's not a lot of things the guy can do to appease anyone right now.

The Doctor
14-04-2024, 10:55 AM
Out:
Libba (concussion protocol)
Vandermeer
Baker
Dale
Williams

In:
Garcia
Artie Jones
Poulter
Harmes
Daniel

Very tempted to give Clarke a run but think he needs a bit more time in the VFL. Was hoping Bedendo would be ready but he seems to have gone off the boil the last 2 games in the VFL. I think the Buss is getting closer so JOD and Buku need good games coming up. I'm keeping Sanders and Gags in.

G-Mo77
14-04-2024, 11:39 AM
Yep best place for that was in the VFL.

Well yeah. It makes no sense if that was the reason. We've made excuses for dropping players like Macrae that he was "underdone" but yet play an underdone player to get him ready for another game? The messages coming out of this club and this coach are terrible.

chef
14-04-2024, 11:52 AM
Out:
Vandermeer
Baker
Dale
Williams

In:
Garcia
Artie Jones
Poulter
Harmes
Daniel

Very tempted to give Clarke a run but think he needs a bit more time in the VFL. Was hoping Bedendo would be ready but he seems to have gone off the boil the last 2 games in the VFL. I think the Buss is getting closer so JOD and Buku need good games coming up. I'm keeping Sanders and Gags in.

Why Vandermeer out?

Seemed like one of only a couple to have a real crack.

Rocco Jones
14-04-2024, 12:14 PM
Out:
Libba (inj)
Bramble
Dale

In:
Garcia
Harmes
Daniel
------------------------------------------------------------------------

If we can't find a spot for Dale on a HBF, I'd play him elsewhere in the VFL for awhile to see how it goes. Perhaps the wing and/or fwd.
Truck
Bramble I'd like to be see given a bit of wing time as well. My bigger issue with switching guys around is it doesn't seem like we help prepare them in the VFL.

I'd keep Truck and Baker in just because the wings are such a revolving door. Truck has had to move around a bit and I think Baker has been alright compared to the low benchmark we have with wings. Poutler struggled last go around too.

Gags as sub.

1eyedog
14-04-2024, 12:20 PM
Out:
Vandermeer
Baker
Dale
Williams

In:
Garcia
Artie Jones
Poulter
Harmes
Daniel

Has Williams really been that bad across the past month? I also don't really get bringing a sub in, giving them a quarter when the shit has already hit the fan and then dropping them.

PR0408
14-04-2024, 12:25 PM
Out:
Vandermeer
Baker
Dale
Williams

In:
Garcia
Artie Jones
Poulter
Harmes
Daniel

How you could pick Artie over Clarke boggles the mind. While artie did finish well after getting on the end of a couple he hardly touches the ball and no tackles.
I doubt Clarke will play this week with his ankle but his first half was exceptional and was equally rated highest on the ground at half time.
He was quieter in second half. I?m guessing half time and 7/8mins on the bench to start theirs he cooked down and his ankle seem to bothering him more.
VDM stays, he has been solid and plays more defensively than any fwd.
Garcia comes in for libba and I think Harmes also deserve a spot.
I?m not sure of the outs to be honest as we have a number of players who have been inconsistent.
I will say Gags and Sanders could do with a rest. Gags vfl sanders is give a week off.

Happy Days
14-04-2024, 12:46 PM
I think the sub meta has been established as it needing to be someone who can go to centre bounces. Berry pretty much won the Crows the game yesterday after he came on. I’d go with Daniel, Macrae, Sanders or Garcia.

josie
14-04-2024, 01:17 PM
Harmes for Libba

Poulter for Baker

Busslinger for JOD (won?t happen although I thought JOD was really poor)

Cleary for Williams (won?t happen but Cleary although not flashy is composed and based upon VFL form over a few years now has reliable decision making and disposal)

Daniel for Bramble (won?t happen - think Bramble is given another week)

Garcia as sub for Dale (I?d prefer Garcia to replace Libba but can understand a speedy sub and Harmes experience is more likely way to go)

If Lobb wasn?t injured I?d swap him for English

soupman
14-04-2024, 01:38 PM
I'm not very keen to drop many. We were beaten comprehensively as a team, there are a couple who are performing well below expectations week to week but dropping the fringe guys because they didn't play well in a game most players didn't is bad imo.

Don't think Vandermeers name should be coming up at all. He's been great this season in his role, better than ever before, and I think this is the best our forwardline has worked for quite some time.

Garcia has to come in. I like him as sub.

Dale was bad and goes out. He's been bad all season.

We really syeuggled to generate run from the backline, but don't have anyone to replace JJ and Bramble apart from Daniel, and not sure him playing ok in the VFL gets him.past those two so I stick with them.

Libba comes out but I wouldn't put a mid in as we were fine with one less mid prior to Macraes return, so would just treat it as Macrae replacing Libba.

Would like Clarke in, it adds an extra forward but I think we give Weightman and West some extra mid minutes to help balance that out.

Would seriously consider dropping English for Lobb but don't think we will do it, not sure it's actually a good move, plus Lobbs ankle might make it moot anyway.

So out Libba and Dale. In Garcia as sub, and Clarke.

Gallagher might be looking tired but how would I know. If so I guess Poulter.

Mofra
14-04-2024, 02:13 PM
Has Williams really been that bad across the past month? I also don't really get bringing a sub in, giving them a quarter when the shit has already hit the fan and then dropping them.
He's been thrown around a bit and done the team thing. Stays in for me.

azabob
14-04-2024, 02:35 PM
He's been thrown around a bit and done the team thing. Stays in for me.

Sounds like someone else who recently was dropped.

GVGjr
14-04-2024, 05:27 PM
Out - Gallagher, Baker and Liberatore (Protocols)
In - Garcia, Poulter and Harmes

Grantysghost
14-04-2024, 05:33 PM
Out - Gallagher, Baker and Liberatore (Protocols)
In - Garcia, Poulter and Harmes
Poulter is so not afl standard.

I'd prefer Freijah

Danjul
14-04-2024, 06:58 PM
Williams has been fine. He gets the ball in tight situations and looks for options rather than panic.

I don?t see him doing the blind across the body kick that many others prefer. When he is up the ground he is dangerous.

Macrae and Williams need to be played sensibly, by that I mean in a game plan that doesn?t have being 10 cm from the boundary line as its focal point.

G-Mo77
14-04-2024, 07:01 PM
Poulter is so not afl standard.

I'd prefer Freijah

He's fringe IMO. I don't mind him at all. Out of long delisted lot from recent times he'd be top of my list. I'm happy for him to take Baker's or Bramble's spot. Neither of those guys are any good either. Bramble is starting to show signs why he was on the scrap heap, he was deplorable on Friday.

Hotdog60
14-04-2024, 07:02 PM
Out Dale in Aiden O’Driscoll you heard it here first. :)

Just kidding can't wait to see how this kid goes as we lack a lot of pace.

macca
14-04-2024, 07:04 PM
I thought VDM was good for the first 2 quarters. He ran well to places and had some very valuable assists. in the 2nd quarter he kept the ball down in a marking contest which pushed the ball to Cody, who hand passed it to West for a goal. I get why his in the team, because he runs hard and presents. His consistency is another issue, but he needs to keep his footing and play 4 quarters of good footy.

Out : Sanders, Gallagher, Brambles, Baker
Brambles and Baker were terrible. The young kids need a spell.

In: Poulter, Daniel, Dale , Garcia.

I am tempted to drop English for Lobb, but Rowan Marshalls agility need to be kept up with.
Macrae to cover for Libba I reckon he will get 30+ disposals

Hotdog60
14-04-2024, 07:06 PM
I didn't think much of Poulter in the seconds but should have had a couple of goals to his name.

macca
14-04-2024, 07:11 PM
I think we just need to start putting games into Poulter. Get him to 50 games, and see how he develops.

Hotdog60
14-04-2024, 07:12 PM
Fair enough but it much of a muchness between him and Baker.

azabob
14-04-2024, 07:17 PM
Out Dale in Aiden O?Driscoll you heard it here first. :)

Just kidding can't wait to see how this kid goes as we lack a lot of pace.

Considering he still isn?t training due to his concussion he is a long way off!

bornadog
14-04-2024, 08:59 PM
A lot changes in a week hey? Last week you mentioned that stat as a positive.
No I didn't

westbulldog
14-04-2024, 10:43 PM
Out Libba
In Garcia

I'll not comment on VDM, the club and many posters see him as a gun, I don't :)

kruder
15-04-2024, 12:21 AM
When we bring in Garcia I want to see him in the midfield rotation not left on a forward flank all night which isn't his position. He is an inside mid with a bit of speed lets see what he can do.

josie
15-04-2024, 12:48 AM
When we bring in Garcia I want to see him in the midfield rotation not left on a forward flank all night which isn't his position. He is an inside mid with a bit of speed lets see what he can do.

Agree.

Mitcha
15-04-2024, 12:12 PM
No idea what Bevo will do but the question for me is who will replace Libba not only positionally but just as importantly who will be the first in to fly the flag when needed. Libba is the heart and soul of this club and would die for his team mates, who else on our current list has some real shite about them to get into a scrap to defend one of our own?
Garcia deserves a chance as an inside mid not only thru good form but also because he is a competitor. Could even live with Harmes for the same reasoning.

Scraggers
15-04-2024, 01:45 PM
Libba is an in-and-under mid. We need to replace like for like. Car Garcia do this role? If not, who?

Also, speculation about Lobb being injured. Can anyone confirm/deny his availability for Thursday?

SquirrelGrip
15-04-2024, 03:01 PM
Out: Libba (inj), Dale, Baker

In: Garcia, Harmes, Daniel

Sanders as sub.

my plums
15-04-2024, 03:08 PM
Garcia for Libba and shuffle the rest of the decks chairs I guess

mjp
15-04-2024, 04:19 PM
Libba is an in-and-under mid. We need to replace like for like.

I'm really interested in this Scraggers.

WHY do we need to replace like for like? What we are doing now isn't working.

Doesn't Liber out mean:
- Macrae slide into the Liber role and the mids become Bont, Jacko, Treloar, Sanders?
- We have the opportunity to add 'something else' to the mix?

I appreciate Garcia is racking them up and (my favorite term) selection integrity probably means he needs to get picked, but if we aren't winning at the Stop with Liber then just plug/playing another version of Liber is probably not the answer. What is the answer? I don't know - but if ever there was a time to look into a box of tricks and be a little less predictable, right now would surely be that time.

Mofra
15-04-2024, 04:24 PM
Libba is an in-and-under mid. We need to replace like for like. Car Garcia do this role? If not, who?

There's a great moneyball scene where they discuss getting a few players in to replace one star to "replace him in the aggregate".
That's the way we should be thinking. Macrae & Garcia getting those CBAs as a minimum, and perhaps Harmes if he comes in as well.

Bont gets to rest forward for a few minutes per quarter so give him a rest. Treloar as well. Rotate harder and make us less predictable in the centre.

FrediKanoute
15-04-2024, 08:00 PM
For Me its:

In: Garcia, Daniel
Out Libba, Vanders

Macrae to get 1st rotation. Daniel to play off the HFF with a roaming role to connect the back, mids and forwards

Would reinstate Dale to the side and find another sub.

G

Go_Dogs
15-04-2024, 09:03 PM
In: Garcia, Daniel
Out: Libba, Baker

Garcia needs his chance.

Baker has been OK to start the year but Daniel should take his place. Let’s get Daniel on a wing and play him there for 5 weeks and see what happens.

Scraggers
16-04-2024, 02:13 AM
I'm really interested in this Scraggers.

WHY do we need to replace like for like? What we are doing now isn't working.

Doesn't Liber out mean:
- Macrae slide into the Liber role and the mids become Bont, Jacko, Treloar, Sanders?
- We have the opportunity to add 'something else' to the mix?

I appreciate Garcia is racking them up and (my favorite term) selection integrity probably means he needs to get picked, but if we aren't winning at the Stop with Liber then just plug/playing another version of Liber is probably not the answer. What is the answer? I don't know - but if ever there was a time to look into a box of tricks and be a little less predictable, right now would surely be that time.

I agree what we are doing right now isn’t working, but I don’t think there is any coincidence that when Libba dominated we won against Gold Coast and the Eagles. His first hands on the ball ensured we controlled possession in the midfield. This is why I think we need like-for-like.

MrMahatma
16-04-2024, 08:13 AM
Saints will flog us. So we should:

- bring in Dale, Daniel, play McRae full matches.
- play Naughton CHB.

Then when we lose by 10 goals, which we will no matter what the selections are, Bevo can just say “see… it doesn’t work” and move on.

Bullies
16-04-2024, 08:46 AM
It will be interesting to see the response from the players Thursday night. It will tell us a lot about them.

If they cop a hiding i think it may be the end of Bevo.

The other concern is trying to sign Marra when the club appears to be in such a mess.

lemmon
16-04-2024, 09:04 AM
It will be interesting to see the response from the players Thursday night. It will tell us a lot about them.

The other concern is trying to sign Marra when the club appears to be in such a mess.

Absolutely.

I actually think we win this week PURELY because of the heat on the club. Bont, Naughton and co are proud footballers, I think they're storing up everything they read and hear this week and attack the first quarter with a venom we haven't seen in a while.

For mine, the question is what happens next? I think we'll be so amped up on emotion on Thursday that you can't really take much from the match. But does it give us momentum to spark the season or was it a flash in the pan? I think we beat the Saints comfortably but I still have big questions about whether it'll say anything about if we have a viable and winning brand of footy.

westdog54
16-04-2024, 09:22 AM
Absolutely.

I actually think we win this week PURELY because of the heat on the club. Bont, Naughton and co are proud footballers, I think they're storing up everything they read and hear this week and attack the first quarter with a venom we haven't seen in a while.

For mine, the question is what happens next? I think we'll be so amped up on emotion on Thursday that you can't really take much from the match. But does it give us momentum to spark the season or was it a flash in the pan? I think we beat the Saints comfortably but I still have big questions about whether it'll say anything about if we have a viable and winning brand of footy.

This is absolutely our statement match, just as Essendon had theirs against us.

I'm not sure we'll win comfortably but anything less than a red hot crack, we're kidding ourselves.

azabob
16-04-2024, 10:17 AM
IN: Garcia, Daniel, Harmes; Dale
OUT: Liberatore, Baker, Macrae; Bramble
Sub: Sanders

Macrae got enough possessions but he doesn?t hurt the opposition or athletic enough for how the game is currently played.

Idea with brining Harmes in is to play as a defensive midfielder of some description. Sorry fellow woofers.

Dale has been poor but I still believe he is a better option than Bramble.

Daniel replaces Sanders who remains as the sub.

English is lucky we don?t have another ruckman ready to play. I am really concerned what Marshall will do to English. Marshall is just as athletic but a lot more physical.

CBA is Bontempelli, Treloar, Harmes - Garcia, Weightman to roll in also. Might also be worthwhile looking at West as part of the CBA rotations.

Daniel to a wing; opposite Williams.
Dale to the HB replacing Bramble.

EasternWest
16-04-2024, 10:42 AM

We'll actually win this game comfortably and next week wonder what all the angst was about

Then we'll get starched by Freo and we'll be back here again.

Danjul
16-04-2024, 10:58 AM
IN: Garcia, Daniel, Harmes; Dale
OUT: Liberatore, Baker, Macrae; Bramble

Macrae got enough possessions but he doesn?t hurt the opposition or athletic enough for how the game is currently played.

Idea with brining Harmes in is to play as a defensive midfielder of some description. Sorry fellow woofers.

Dale has been poor but I still believe he is a better option than Bramble.

Daniel replaces Sanders who remains as the sub.

English is lucky we don?t have another ruckman ready to play. I am really concerned what Marshall will do to English. Marshall is just as athletic but a lot more physical.

CBA is Bontempelli, Treloar, Harmes - Garcia, Weightman to roll in also. Might also be worthwhile looking at West as part of the CBA rotations.

Daniel to a wing; opposite Williams.
Dale to the HB replacing Bramble.
Naughton got our first goal at the three minute mark of the first quarter. It was the result of a perfect pass from Macrae (or so I thought at the time). Naughton got our last goal. It was the result of very smart play by McRae. B between those two incidents McRae had over 20 possessions and all them high-quality, getting the ball into the hands of teammates in virtually every occasion. He was responsible for highly efficient intelligent play.

Unlike a lot of his teammates who simply put on a display of what not to do.

Axe Man
16-04-2024, 12:00 PM
This is absolutely our statement match, just as Essendon had theirs against us.

I'm not sure we'll win comfortably but anything less than a red hot crack, we're kidding ourselves.

It feels very much like round 3 v Brisbane last year. We were awful in the first 2 rounds, the pressure was on and we came out and beat the Lions. It wasn't pretty but the effort was vastly improved. I'm expecting something similar on Thursday, whether it will be enough to win I've got no idea.

mjp
16-04-2024, 12:29 PM

I don't mind the team but I hate this.

When young players come into a hot game, they cannot pick the pace of it up and they make mistakes that COST GAMES.

I would argue that subbing in Erasmus essentially cost Fremantle the game against Port. He is an exciting kid and very talented but the moment was just too much for him...had he been IN the game, no issue.

Inexperienced player as the sub simply doesn't work.

ledge
16-04-2024, 12:53 PM
I don't mind the team but I hate this.

When young players come into a hot game, they cannot pick the pace of it up and they make mistakes that COST GAMES.

I would argue that subbing in Erasmus essentially cost Fremantle the game against Port. He is an exciting kid and very talented but the moment was just too much for him...had he been IN the game, no issue.

Inexperienced player as the sub simply doesn't work.

Shouldn’t be a sub , play him in the twos if that’s the case, get more game time.

The Adelaide Connection
16-04-2024, 05:06 PM
Also, why do apostrophes written on a mobile turn up as question marks?

GVGjr
16-04-2024, 06:03 PM
Also, why do apostrophes written on a mobile turn up as question marks?

It's a translation issue. Paid a guy to sort it out for us it and upgrade the site and for 4 months he didn't do anything.
With the season starting I had to defer.
Hopefully I can get it sorted

ledge
16-04-2024, 07:15 PM
It's a translation issue. Paid a guy to sort it out for us it and upgrade the site and for 4 months he didn't do anything.

Always pay after the event.

1eyedog
16-04-2024, 08:26 PM
Legit if we can't win this with five first 22 players out for the Aints we are totally cooked and so is Bevo.

1eyedog
16-04-2024, 08:27 PM

I actually like it has a loose af feel.

mighty_west
16-04-2024, 09:04 PM
Garcia has to come in now and i'd also bring in Dale and Daniel at the expense of Libba with his rest, Bramble and Baker, with one of those two as sub to bring some run if required.

How i'd like us to set up, i know it won't happen and i've been a huge Naughton plays CHF supporter for a long time however, the time is right now with Darcy ready to go along with Jamarra also taking grabs at will, for Naughton to goto CHB for team balance, i'd also give Bont more time up forward too to mix up the midfield a bit more.

Dale to a wing with Williams back, Dale imo could easily play that "don't have to defend just get the ball and run and hit up a forward target without panicking with his elite skills" type of role similar to Ed Langdon.

MacRae to work his butt off in the middle with the instructions to go hard, Bont obviously, Garcia in there as well, Treloar, Sanders, West at times and Ed Richards, remember reading one of Gary's training reports of Ed doing some midfield work and doing extremely well, why not place him in the mix? Daniel is more than capable of playing back.

The team is stale, the structure is uneven well looks it anyway, let's freshen things up a bit and see what happens, can't get any worse than last friday, right?

MrMahatma
16-04-2024, 09:12 PM
Bevo is 2 wins, 6 losses when coaching against Ross.

This has such a familiar feel to it. Like after we got melted by the Dees last year and were gonna bounce back.

If Bevo is coaching for his career, I’m not sure there could be a worse match up for him.

ledge
16-04-2024, 09:16 PM
Saints love us at marvel , one positive .. no Billing’s.
Like a lot of players from opposition teams who are shite he only ever turned up against us.

EasternWest
16-04-2024, 09:51 PM
Saints love us at marvel , one positive .. no Billing’s.
Like a lot of players from opposition teams who are shite he only ever turned up against us.

I think Billings is actually ok and wouldn't have hated if we picked him up.

jeemak
16-04-2024, 11:06 PM
Bevo is 2 wins, 6 losses when coaching against Ross.

This has such a familiar feel to it. Like after we got melted by the Dees last year and were gonna bounce back.

If Bevo is coaching for his career, I’m not sure there could be a worse match up for him.

Four of Lyon's wins against us were in Perth, and one was in Melbourne in 2015 whilst he was with Freo. Bevo's wins were at Docklands.

He's one-up against us as Saints coach in his second dig.

Not too stressed about the head to head, if I'm honest.

Grantysghost
16-04-2024, 11:09 PM
I think Billings is actually ok and wouldn't have hated if we picked him up.
Agree he's pretty solid.

Axe Man
17-04-2024, 01:20 PM
Caleb Daniel will spend a second week in the VFL after missing out on selection for Thursday night?s crunch match against St Kilda.

The Western Bulldogs? 2020 best-and-fairest winner lit up the VFL in last week?s curtain-raiser with 26 disposals and 102 SuperCoach points.

Daniel recorded a kicking efficiency of 94.1 per cent with 16 out of his 17 kicks nailing the target.

But it is understood that was not enough to earn a recall against the Saints.

Coach Luke Beveridge often gives players in Daniel?s situation multiple weeks in the VFL.

Teammate Jack Macrae played three full VFL games on return from a hamstring injury before earning a recall against the Eagles.

Daniel will head to Point Gellibrand Oval in Williamstown on Saturday to take on the Seagulls instead of tackling the Saints.

It means by the end of round 6 the All-Australian halfback would have played only two full matches at AFL level ? which the Bulldogs both won convincingly against Gold Coast and West Coast.

Daniel started as the substitute in the round 1 loss to Melbourne, was substituted out of the round 4 loss against Geelong and was axed for last week?s loss against Essendon.

Last week was the 27-year-old?s first VFL game in seven years.

It had appeared that premiership coach Luke Beveridge no longer thought Daniel?s best position was behind the ball.

Last year Daniel spent 40 per cent of his game time forward and 39 per cent in the midfield or wings.

But in somewhat of a surprise, Dogs development coach Alex Johnson said Daniel was used in the defence in the VFL last week.

Johnson said Daniel?s creativity to change angles was ?really important? to Footscray?s ball movement and unlocking the VFL dogs in defence.

?It was a pleasure for me to coach him down in the back half,? Johnson said.

?He was really invested in the younger guys and wanted to help them. His direction out there was awesome.

?It probably took him a little bit of time to adjust to the VFL ? it?s quite a different speed to AFL and isn?t as predictable ? but his second-half was really good.?

Daniel is contracted at Whitten Oval until the end of 2026 on a deal worth roughly $700,000 per season.

The Dogs must make at least one forced change with Tom Liberatore placed in concussion protocols.

It was thought that one of Riley Garcia or James Harmes would replace Liberatore after they both dominated in the VFL midfield last week.

But they could now both win selection as the Dogs consider making more than one move at selection.

Harmes had 34 disposals, 1.2 and 147 SuperCoach points last week. Garcia had 35 disposals, five tackles, five clearances and 148 SuperCoach points.

Link (https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/afl-round-6-lineups-see-all-the-team-news-as-it-drops/news-story/755aa9410742638111e09b1c0e7dbfca)

chef
17-04-2024, 01:45 PM
Lol.

angelopetraglia
17-04-2024, 02:08 PM
How does this information leak to Sam?

mjp
17-04-2024, 02:13 PM
Lol.

Why is it funny?

That Caleb wasn't selected? Even the guys reviewing the (VFL) game on here last week said 'Garcia best. Daniel good but could do more...'.

I don't get it?

Rocket Science
17-04-2024, 02:35 PM

https://i.ibb.co/6YDt2Yy/Screen-Shot-2024-04-17-at-1-33-27-pm.png (https://ibb.co/WnBzQnH)

chef
17-04-2024, 03:18 PM
Why is it funny?

That Caleb wasn't selected? Even the guys reviewing the (VFL) game on here last week said 'Garcia best. Daniel good but could do more...'.

I don't get it?

The whole Daniel situation.

Give him a multi year 700k a season deal, put him in the leadership then obviously something gone on over the preseason and he's not professional enough anymore and not even good enough for a team struggling as bad as ours.

It's weird and hes not alone.

Grantysghost
17-04-2024, 03:21 PM

His dad is the ex doctor?

G-Mo77
17-04-2024, 03:33 PM
Why is it funny?

I don't get it?

He didn't seem outstanding that being said one missed kick out of 17 is better than ok. A good ball user in this team would be very welcome. I guess it's not to be.

mjp
17-04-2024, 04:10 PM

Give him a multi year 700k a season deal, put him in the leadership then obviously something gone on over the preseason and he's not professional enough anymore and not even good enough for a team struggling as bad as ours.

It's weird and hes not alone.

Yeah - don't get me wrong, I do get all of that. I just don't see how one week in the VFL changes anything...

I honestly suspect it will be something like this:

Caleb - we are going to move you back into the defensive group. What's going to happen from here is you're going to go and train/craft with the backs during the week and play a couple of games in the 2's making sure you know what the new system is down there...

Ultimately, Bevo could tell the backs coach just to deal with it and play him now but I doubt he would do that...seems to be pretty keen to allow his line coaches to run their lines/policy to be policy.

As for the leadership group, 700k stuff...well, if we throw selection decisions out the door based on status, history or pay cheque I'm not sure that's a great idea either.

Do I want Caleb in? Of course - seems like a good player to me. But now he's 'out' he needs to fix/craft whatever he is out for then come back in with both good form and a renewed purpose...

It's the whole 'two wrongs don't make a right scenario'. Maybe we shouldn't have demoted him to sub and ultimately dropped him. But now that we have bringing him back without fixing whatever it is would be equally foolish. Clear the decks then bring him back.

angelopetraglia
17-04-2024, 04:14 PM
His dad is the ex doctor?

Get that. But someone from the inner sanctum is leaking him team selection information. There would only be a handful of people across that and I'm sure certain players have already been told where they stand.

jeemak
17-04-2024, 04:17 PM
Get that. But someone from the inner sanctum is leaking him team selection information. There would only be a handful of people across that and I'm sure certain players have already been told where they stand.

Player pisses and moans to player manager, player manager leaks to the press.

G-Mo77
17-04-2024, 05:01 PM

Sam has been good info for a very long time. His old man would still have heaps of contacts there so I have no doubt the info comes from there.

ledge
17-04-2024, 06:18 PM
Sam has been good info for a very long time. His old man would still have heaps of contacts there so I have no doubt the info comes from there.

I think clubs actually pick a reporter they prefer to let out info as they trust that reporter to put out the things they want and not twist it in the negative too much.
Stevens used to be the man but he moved on to something else, seems we have now gone to Sam.

jeemak
17-04-2024, 07:23 PM
In - Lobb, Garcia, Harmes
Out - JUH, Libba, Baker.

Big news with JUH going out of the team due to personal reasons. Hope he's OK.

mjp
17-04-2024, 07:24 PM
B: Ed Richards, Liam Jones, James O’Donnell
HB: Taylor Duryea Buku Khamis, Jason Johannisen
C: Bailey Williams, Adam Treloar, Harvey Gallagher
HF: Laith Vandermeer, Aaron Naughton, Rhylee West
F: Sam Darcy, Rory Lobb Cody Weightman
FOLL: Tim English, Marcus Bontempelli, Jack Macrae
INT: Bailey Dale, Riley Garcia, Lachie Bramble, Ryley Sanders, James Harmes
EMG: Caleb Daniel, Arthur Jones, Caleb Poulter

In: Rory Lobb, James Harmes, Riley Garcia
Out: Jamarra Ugle-Hagan (personal reasons), Tom Liberatore (concussion), Oskar Baker (omitted)

https://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/news/1532177/afl-team-round-6

GVGjr
17-04-2024, 07:26 PM
In - Lobb, Garcia, Harmes
Out - JUH, Libba, Baker.

Big news with JUH going out of the team due to personal reasons. Hope he's OK.

Shame for Marra. The 3 ins have been rewarded for their good form.

The Underdog
17-04-2024, 07:37 PM
Can we make Ryley sub and get him to throw a tantrum to start the game?

Be interesting to see how they handle the wings. Does Dale become part of the wing rotation?

whythelongface
17-04-2024, 07:38 PM

Be interesting to see how they handle the wings. Does Dale become part of the wing rotation?

Looks that way with Baker out.
Bramble sub this week

Happy Days
17-04-2024, 07:43 PM
Can’t believe I have to watch James Harmes play football and then go to work the next day.

Bullies
17-04-2024, 07:43 PM

It's weird and hes not alone. He hasn't been in good form. Even pre season his form was sub standard. Against Geelong he was ordinary and deserved to be dropped. Also playing the Saints who are very quick would not have helped his cause. I don't think they can play both he and Macrae against the quicker teams.

The Bulldogs Bite
17-04-2024, 07:46 PM
Hope Marra is OK.

mighty_west
17-04-2024, 07:49 PM
What are the chances Lobb takes 60% of centre bounces with Timmy that time up forward? Either way it'll be a very tall forward line, Sammy Darcy may get to play most of the game up forward, really hope Garcia isn't sub.

The Bulldogs Bite
17-04-2024, 07:51 PM
If Garcia is played as a HF I might turn the TV off.

Needs to play as a CB mid, which is where his form has been.

GVGjr
17-04-2024, 07:54 PM

The secret is to tell him he's starting and then to throw him the vest once the warm-ups are completed. :)

ledge
17-04-2024, 08:02 PM
JUH personal issues .. family I wonder.
Hope it’s nothing serious either way.

The Underdog
17-04-2024, 08:04 PM
Zak Jones in for Max King…yes please.

Happy Days
17-04-2024, 08:06 PM
Zak Jones in for Max King…yes please.

Hopefully him and Harmes really took Max Holloway’s performance on Sunday to heart and spend the whole game out of play pointing to the ground trying to punch each other.

The Underdog
17-04-2024, 08:08 PM
Hopefully him and Harmes really took Max Holloway’s performance on Sunday to heart and spend the whole game out of play pointing to the ground trying to punch each other.

Jones on Harmes action. Footage straight to Pornhub.

westdog54
17-04-2024, 08:10 PM
What are the chances Lobb takes 60% of centre bounces with Timmy that time up forward? Either way it'll be a very tall forward line, Sammy Darcy may get to play most of the game up forward, really hope Garcia isn't sub.
First thing I thought when I saw Marra was out and Lobb was in (Ok, second thing, first thing was "I hope Marra is ok") was that I hoped this meant Darcy got to play most/all of the game up forward.

lemmon
17-04-2024, 08:11 PM
I wonder if it's Harmes as sub? He's a versatile player who can inject some energy through the middle or on a half-forward flank coming on late. I just don't see a starting spot for another midfielder with that side.

The Underdog
17-04-2024, 08:14 PM
First thing I thought when I saw Marra was out and Lobb was in (Ok, second thing, first thing was "I hope Marra is ok") was that I hoped this meant Darcy got to play most/all of the game up forward.

Naughton up high with 2 of Lobb, English or Darcy deep has the potential to be amazing...or a complete mess

EasternWest
17-04-2024, 08:44 PM

Jones on Harmes action. Footage straight to Pornhub.

NGL I'd watch.

Grantysghost
17-04-2024, 08:47 PM
Nil re Lobb. Tim is the ruck, Marshall will be a tough opponent. Will be interesting to see if Lobb does second ruck.

macca
17-04-2024, 09:09 PM
Can?t believe I have to watch James Harmes play football and then go to work the next day.

Whats wrong with Harmes :p ? He had 34 possessions last week in VFL. The MC rate him... some how...?

jazzadogs
17-04-2024, 09:12 PM
Wasn't Lobb unable to finish the game in the VFL because of a rolled ankle? Any concerns on that front?

It will be interesting to see the ruck/forward mix for sure.

Go_Dogs
17-04-2024, 09:16 PM
Don’t mind Garcia and Harmes coming in. Makes sense.

Shame re Marra - has been doing some great work and feels like he’s close to blowing a game up with a big bag. Lobb a good replacement.

Depth you sonofabitch!

mjp
17-04-2024, 09:17 PM
Naughton up high with 2 of Lobb, English or Darcy deep has the potential to be amazing...or a complete mess

I love the new lyrics under your signature!

Anthem for a 17-year old girl?

That's the track right? Man, I love Broken Social Scene. Which of the girls sings on that track? Pretty sure it isn't Feist.

The Underdog
17-04-2024, 10:05 PM
I love the new lyrics under your signature!

Anthem for a 17-year old girl?

That's the track right? Man, I love Broken Social Scene. Which of the girls sings on that track? Pretty sure it isn't Feist.

Emily Haines.
The lyrics came up the other day and then I listened to the song about 10 times straight.
This is Twodogs levels of taking a thread off topic.

kruder
17-04-2024, 10:28 PM
Saw them a few times at the Corner Hotel in Richmond. I had forgotten about them! Great track.

Sedat
17-04-2024, 10:58 PM
Lobb, VDM, Harmes - strong representation of scapegoats this week

Scorlibo
17-04-2024, 11:08 PM
Lobb, VDM, Harmes - strong representation of scapegoats this week

They're yesterday's scapegoats. The cool new scapegoats are English, Macrae and Dale.

mjp
17-04-2024, 11:18 PM
Saw them a few times at the Corner Hotel in Richmond. I had forgotten about them! Great track.

I was lucky enough to see them in Canada in (I reckon) 2004? I was living in Melbourne back then...full 'home ground' experience (I think they're mostly Canadian) and they had all 3-girls on stage that night (so Amy Milan as well as the two already mentioned + (I think) 4x guitarists...

It was a great night, great sound.

mjp
17-04-2024, 11:20 PM

Yeah, well. We don't really want to talk about the Bulldogs any more do we?

I have grave fears for tomorrow and what might happen. To make things worse, we've got a bye this week and due to a couple of 'incidents' the club has decided all players and coaches need a few days away...so no training tomorrow meaning I suddenly AM able to watch it live. Cranking up 'You forgot it in people' or whatever other BSS vinyl I can find sounds SO MUCH MORE FUN.

GVGjr
18-04-2024, 12:10 AM
Wasn't Lobb unable to finish the game in the VFL because of a rolled ankle? Any concerns on that front?

It will be interesting to see the ruck/forward mix for sure.

He's good to go.

Rocket Science
18-04-2024, 12:59 AM
TFW you hear Baker's out of the team but discover Harmes is back in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UkJehlr1tEw&ab_channel=CALObaddie

azabob
18-04-2024, 10:34 AM
Are we too tall and cumbersome in our forward line with Darcy and Lobb?

Sedat
18-04-2024, 10:36 AM
Not if Lobb rucks ;)

G-Mo77
18-04-2024, 12:26 PM

I think so. I'm hoping we see more English forward and Lobb rucking as Sedat suggested above which will help a little. I'm surprised Lobb is in. He could not finish the game on Friday with and ankle injury and he's back on a short break?

Axe Man
18-04-2024, 01:24 PM
I think so. I'm hoping we see more English forward and Lobb rucking as Sedat suggested above which will help a little. I'm surprised Lobb is in. He could not finish the game on Friday with and ankle injury and he's back on a short break?

Sounds like it was more precautionary than anything, from Alex Johnson:

Lobby started really well. He ended up tweaking his ankle so finished the game a little bit early in the third but seems to have come through fine.

And from Smads at Tuesday training:

Lobb moved freely all session

BornInDroopSt'54
18-04-2024, 02:55 PM
Garcia has some of Libba's renacity but l9ng time out of the top level.
Good luck Garcia and may godspeed be with you.

BornInDroopSt'54
18-04-2024, 02:55 PM
Renacity=Tenacity.

macca
18-04-2024, 03:50 PM

It be interesting to see the ruck % time shared between the 2 this game. I like to see English more time fwd

Maybe 50/50 split between the 2 ?

The Underdog
18-04-2024, 05:09 PM
It be interesting to see the ruck % time shared between the 2 this game. I like to see English more time fwd

Maybe 50/50 split between the 2 ?

Yeah, but have you seen Lobb play in the ruck? He wants to be there less than Tim.

Sedat
18-04-2024, 05:14 PM
Yeah, but have you seen Lobb play in the ruck? He wants to be there less than Tim.
Was BOG in the 2nd half at Pissant Park last year after we were getting pantsed out of the centre with English rucking in the 1st half

If the choice is between rucking in the 1sts and playing in front of two men and a dog before midday at places like Gellibrand Oval, I predict Lobb will rediscover his love for rucking

The Adelaide Connection
18-04-2024, 06:01 PM
Emily Haines.
The lyrics came up the other day and then I listened to the song about 10 times straight.

Was just about to mention this.
Freaking love this song.