PDA

View Full Version : The Moment; Rnd 2, 2024 vs Gold Coast

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
24-03-2024, 10:18 AM
The moment, the best, most courageous moment that caught your eye in today's game against Gold Coast. Was it the moment that told you 'we've got this' or 'we lost this one right here'? Or was it the moment that you went 'wow....that is crazy courage'

Or was it a collection of moments that you thought 'oh dear that's sure to produce a flood of WOOF melts on par with GG's post GF loss.

azabob
24-03-2024, 05:17 PM
The moment for mine was Bontempelli?s fourth quarter and in particular a couple of minute patch with about fourteen minutes left on the clock and he iced the game.

First was his slick handball to Weightman in the goal square to allow Weightman to kick his sixth.

The next moment was around thirteen minutes left on the clock.

We got the next centre clearance and Marra dropped the mark just inside our 50m, the ball bobbled around and a Gold Coast player managed to take possession and got a handball and it looked like they would be away, except Bontempelli got a hand in deflected the ball away and we got a dump kick inside 50.

About another minute later there was a ball up 48 meters out from our goal, English taps the ball to Bont who kicks the ball around the corner for his second goal of the game from about 45m out.

Game over.

josie
24-03-2024, 05:20 PM
The moment for mine was Bontempelli?s fourth quarter and in particular a couple of minute patch with about fourteen minutes left on the clock and he iced the game.

First was his slick handball to Weightman in the goal square to allow Weightman to kick his sixth.

The next moment was around thirteen minutes left on the clock.

We got the next centre clearance and Marra dropped the mark just inside our 50m, the ball bobbled around and a Gold Coast player managed to take possession and got a handball and it looked like they would be away, except Bontempelli got a hand in deflected the ball away and we got a dump kick inside 50.

About another minute later there was a ball up 48 meters out from our goal, English taps the ball to Bont who kicks the ball around the corner for his second goal of the game from about 45m out.

Game over.

Great, vivid description. Agree. Knowing our recent ability to clutch defeat from winning positions all these passages of play by Sir Bont were important. That slick handball to Cody was a thing of beauty. Slow mo replay require d to show how good it was.

ledge
24-03-2024, 05:21 PM
I actually think Vandemeer got under their skin today and definitely put them off.
He has always seemed a smartarse, not that I don’t like it I think you need one in the team.

josie
24-03-2024, 05:24 PM
I actually think Vandemeer got under their skin today and definitely put them off.
He has always seemed a smartarse, not that I don’t like it I think you need one in the team.

After Q1 I thought he played ok, and yeah he riled them. That melee that ensued, after his academy award performance after what looked like a mere glance to his head, was a bit of fun too.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
24-03-2024, 05:37 PM
There was a patch I think relatively early in the in the last where we worked it all the way out of defense, with guys winning key aerial one on one's at each step of the way.
Resulted in a goal as well.

ledge
24-03-2024, 05:38 PM
After Q1 I thought he played ok, and yeah he riled them. That melee that ensued, after his academy award performance after what looked like a mere glance to his head, was a bit of fun too.

Gives me the impression he likes to mouth off and get in the opponents heads.
It’s not often it comes off nowadays but it did today.
They were giving him taps all day whenever he went near it.
Libba does it too but I think Libba is a unicorn, I think he uses his strange humour to confuse them, maybe Simpson quotes and let them figure it out.

GVGjr
24-03-2024, 05:45 PM
3 moments stood out for me.
Weightmans goal avalanche in the first quarter
Bakers first goal
And a tackle from Treloar

All significant at the time
I will try and narrow it down when I get home

angelopetraglia
24-03-2024, 05:53 PM
Tackling. Feroucious tackling. When Libba and Treloar started with the intent to put pressure on their mids and be accountable. We were never going to lose.

josie
24-03-2024, 06:10 PM
Gives me the impression he likes to mouth off and get in the opponents heads.
It’s not often it comes off nowadays but it did today.
They were giving him taps all day whenever he went near it.
Libba does it too but I think Libba is a unicorn, I think he uses his strange humour to confuse them, maybe Simpson quotes and let them figure it out.

Like.

Libba mumbling like Don Corleone ?Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try.?

ledge
24-03-2024, 07:08 PM
Like.

Libba mumbling like Don Corleone ?Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try.?

Haha that’s Libba to a “T”

SonofScray
24-03-2024, 07:26 PM
The bit of biff after VDM got into it. Been a while, that’s the spark. Season is on.

jazzadogs
24-03-2024, 08:01 PM
Treloar took a strong contested mark at half back early-ish in the last quarter. We then moved the ball down the wing and scored.

If he'd dropped the mark, GC would have likely scored.

bornadog
24-03-2024, 08:03 PM
Bont's goal on the siren in the first - 9 goals they were never going to catch us.

Grantysghost
24-03-2024, 08:06 PM
The 2 goals in the third after they started well. Iced it

The bulldog tragician
24-03-2024, 08:07 PM
Seeing Libba jostle and harass Rowell at the first bounce. I knew we weren’t going to let their mids run amok.

ledge
24-03-2024, 08:10 PM
Seeing Libba jostle and harass Rowell at the first bounce. I knew we weren’t going to let their mids run amok.

Actually a very good match up.

kickit2Koly
24-03-2024, 08:32 PM
He didn’t have a big day, but I thought Wests had some big moments. His attack on the ball that led to the advantage goal for weightmans 5th being the biggest standout.

josie
24-03-2024, 10:00 PM
He didn’t have a big day, but I thought Wests had some big moments. His attack on the ball that led to the advantage goal for weightmans 5th being the biggest standout.

From what you could see on telecast I agree he was ok without heaps of disposals. Hope he can have more games like last week though to cement his spot.

bornadog
24-03-2024, 10:03 PM
From what you could see on telecast I agree he was ok without heaps of disposals. Hope he can have more games like last week though to cement his spot.

He got a few possessions when he went to the middle in the last, but overall he was terrible.

chef
24-03-2024, 10:12 PM
Fleas goal in the last, was a bit hairy up until then.

josie
24-03-2024, 10:28 PM
He got a few possessions when he went to the middle in the last, but overall he was terrible.

I respect your opinion and presume you watched it at Mars. Did his direct oppo have a field day? Lack of disposals? Caused turnovers? Fumbles? Or all the above!!!

bornadog
24-03-2024, 11:21 PM
I respect your opinion and presume you watched it at Mars. Did his direct oppo have a field day? Lack of disposals? Caused turnovers? Fumbles? Or all the above!!!

Not sure who is opponent was so can't answer that.

kruder
24-03-2024, 11:29 PM
Tim English after conceding the front position in the first boundary ruck contest finally decided after a week enough is enough and took front position from then on in the first quarter. I thought he was really influential in the first and the game was pretty much done and dusted from then on.

Countrydog5
25-03-2024, 10:23 AM
Maybe i'm looking through rose tinted glasses because I love what he brings to the team, but I thought West was just fine today without being outstanding? He played much higher up the ground as a forward flanker rather than as a small deep in our forward line, which can be a hard role to play. He still had 12 disposals, half of which were contested, 3 tackles, 4 inside 50s, a couple of score involvements and only 1 turnover. Certainly didn't look like a liability from my position at the ground.

Ozza
25-03-2024, 10:48 PM
The moment was probably when Witts was ruled out. But probably Bont putting us 41 points ahead at quarter time. Its a big big lead in reality and psychologically.

Ozza
25-03-2024, 10:51 PM
Maybe i'm looking through rose tinted glasses because I love what he brings to the team, but I thought West was just fine today without being outstanding? He played much higher up the ground as a forward flanker rather than as a small deep in our forward line, which can be a hard role to play. He still had 12 disposals, half of which were contested, 3 tackles, 4 inside 50s, a couple of score involvements and only 1 turnover. Certainly didn't look like a liability from my position at the ground.

When the other small/mid forward kicks 6 - sometimes there's not much left. There's been other times where West is more prominent and Flea quieter. They have different roles of course, and there are days as a small forward where you'll just get missed.