PDA

View Full Version : The Moment: Rnd 3, 2024 vs West Coast

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
31-03-2024, 10:04 AM
The moment, the best, most courageous moment that caught your eye in tonight's game against West Coast. Was it the moment that told you 'we've got this' or 'we lost this one right here'? Or was it the moment that you went 'wow....that is crazy courage'

Or was it a collection of moments that you thought 'oh dear that's sure to produce a flood of WOOF melts on par with GG's post GF loss.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
31-03-2024, 04:46 PM
So. I really liked a piece of play late, that gave me a real indication of whether or not the guys are 'buying in' or BUYING IN... Ball coming out of our forward line and Treloar just gut ran to get to a key contest. I don't think he won it, but you could could see he was running towards the contest like his life depended on it.

The two smothers in a row from English earlier in the game were also indicative of a team that has the aim of bringing constant pressure firmly on their minds.

angelopetraglia
31-03-2024, 04:55 PM
Most repeat sprint efforts on the ground?

Adam Treloar

chef
31-03-2024, 05:01 PM
The handball chain for Westies goal, that was pretty memorable.

jazzadogs
31-03-2024, 05:05 PM
Most repeat sprint efforts on the ground?

Adam Treloar

His last two weeks have given me a fair bit of confidence in our coaching staff. Their feedback after round one mustn't have shied away from his piss poor defensive efforts.

Mofra
31-03-2024, 06:43 PM
His last two weeks have given me a fair bit of confidence in our coaching staff. Their feedback after round one mustn't have shied away from his piss poor defensive efforts.
His tackle numbers between round 1 and round 2 were chalk and cheese. Seems he's kept that effort up since

hujsh
31-03-2024, 07:06 PM

Will be a big test next week (for the team too) and might be the best indication yet on if R1 was an aberration or the rule when playing a good team.

azabob
31-03-2024, 07:13 PM
So. I really liked a piece of play late, that gave me a real indication of whether or not the guys are 'buying in' or BUYING IN... Ball coming out of our forward line and Treloar just gut ran to get to a key contest. I don't think he won it, but you could could see he was running towards the contest like his life depended on it.

The two smothers in a row from English earlier in the game were also indicative of a team that has the aim of bringing constant pressure firmly on their minds.

Treloar was also the first to remonstrate with Ginbey after his late hit on Macrae with a minute or so to go.

Flamethrower
31-03-2024, 07:29 PM
When the fixture was released.

Happy Days
31-03-2024, 11:25 PM
When the fixture was released.

This tbh. Wow West Coast are shit. Good on them for starting a fight with 30 seconds left though, made the flight over totally worthwhile.

merantau
01-04-2024, 07:52 AM
West's smother that resulted in a Gallagher goal was excellent

jazzadogs
01-04-2024, 10:18 AM
Harley Reid shoving Treloar over the boundary line, to assert his dominance. Like a puppy humping a great dane...nobody was fooled (well actually, Dermie was fooled because "wo oh oh oh HE JUST LOVES THAT PHYSICAL CONTACT").

Just as a reminder, Treloar was BOG with 35 and a goal, while Harley had 12 touches. Like the puppy and the great dane, one day Harley will be the big dog...but it ain't yet, son.

bornadog
01-04-2024, 10:22 AM
In a game when you thrash the opposition, there is no real one moment.

I thought English had several moments.
* His pack marking
* His bounce and running and handball back and forth
* his two goals
* his double smother in the pocket

ledge
01-04-2024, 10:49 AM
Maybe the Gallagher goals as they started to give us a gap and released the shackles.

Ozza
01-04-2024, 12:31 PM
I felt pretty comfortable when Bont shrugged Harley Reid to the ground and marked. Was the show of strength we needed early to assert dominance. I was pretty comfortable we were switched on then.

merantau
01-04-2024, 05:46 PM
Naughton's attack on the ball that resulted in Treloar's goal was real effort and determination.